Afridi tells teammates to avoid watching talk shows

Muhammad Tauseef A. Bajwa

Senator (1k+ posts)
Afridi tells teammates to avoid watching talk shows
By PPI
Published: March 28, 2011
aFRIDI-AFP-3-640x480.jpg

Captain advises team not to watch news bulletins and talk shows ahead of semi-final as they may distract them. PHOTO: AFP
MOHALI:

Pakistan captain Shahid Afridi has instructed his teammates to avoid watching news bulletins and talk shows on TV channels ahead of his teams cricket World Cup semi-final against old and arch rivals India in Mohali on Wednesday.

Ive heard that the media here has created quite a hype around our World Cup semi-final against India. But Im not watching it. Whenever they start flashing some story about it, I just change the channel and go to something else. I have no time for it, he said.

Afridi said Pakistan are in India to play a World Cup semi-final and thats it.
There is no war, nothing like that. Its a big cricket match for both the teams and I want to just focus on it, he stressed.

The flamboyant all-rounder said he is also advising his teammates to do the same. Ive asked all the players to avoid watching news or discussions on TV shows and bulletins. It might distract them.

Afridi is seen as a vital cog for Pakistan as they look to floor India in their own backyard.

I know that as captain and the teams senior player, I have a huge responsibility. Ive been really working hard and am confident that Ill lead from the front against India. Its a huge match not just because its against India but because a win in it will give us a place in the final.

The all-rounder, who is the tournaments most successful bowler with 21 wickets, is pleased with his teams preparations. Weve had some really good training sessions here. The boys are all focused and best part is that they are all relaxed and not taking any pressure.

How they will handle the pressure in the match is going to be the key and Im confident that they will not face any problems in doing that. We are a good side and have the guts to face any situation, the skipper added.

http://i1.tribune.com.pk/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/aFRIDI-AFP-3-640x480.jpg

Salik

Senator (1k+ posts)
Somebody ask Afridi to get some training with the bat also..

بھائی كی بوم بوم دیكھنے كے لئے آنكھیں ترس گئی ہیں۔۔۔۔

I hope he is able to put up something huge with his bat as well Inshallah...