A US citizen, Justin Warner, kidnapped from Lahore

Lodhi

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
American Citizen Kidnapped in Lahore.

(Reuters) - An American citizen was kidnapped from his residence in Pakistan's eastern city of Lahore on Saturday, police said.
Police identified the man as "J.E. Warner," who they said was working on a development project in the country's lawless tribal areas, where Pakistani troops have been battling Islamist insurgents for years.
A U.S. Embassy spokesman said they were trying to confirm the reports.
"Some six to eight people broke into his house at around 3:30 a.m., when security guards on duty were making preparation for fasting," police official Tajamal Hussain told Reuters, referring to the Ramadan fast observed by Muslims.
"Two of the assailants came from the front gate while about six others used the backdoor. They tortured the guards and then took the American with them."
Hussain said Warner, in his 60s, had been living in Pakistan five to six years. He mostly lived in Islamabad but had been traveling to Lahore.
Another official said they had no details about the kidnappers.
Kidnap for ransom is relatively common in Pakistan, though foreigners are not often targets. Militants also occasionally take foreigners hostage.
Pakistani Taliban, linked to al Qaeda, have claimed responsibility for kidnapping a Swiss couple in July in the volatile southwestern province of Baluchistan.
They said the couple could be freed in exchange for a Pakistani woman serving a jail term in the United States for shooting FBI agents and U.S. soldiers in Afghanistan.
Eight Pakistani employees of a U.S.-based aid organization, American Refugee Committee (ARC), were kidnapped in Baluchistan last month.
Anti-U.S. sentiments runs high in Pakistan, and already prickly ties between Islamabad and Washington hit a low point after the May 2 killing of al Qaeda chief Osama bin Laden in an attack that Pakistan termed a breach of its sovereignty.

tb110801305.gif

nb110801305.gif

Last edited:

habib22

MPA (400+ posts)
Re: American Citizen Kidnapped in Lahore.

that is the only country he find to do Export and import and why CIA was there it is a job of Pakistani Police , coz that is Pakistan looking suspecious activity, who is he a normel US citizen or another Rymond

hans

Banned

I hope it does not move into another Daniel Pearl type case.

ASQR1

Most of the undercover agents do export and import business. i hope I am wrong but that is what i have learned from most news about undercover operations.

gazoomartian

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)

Most of the undercover agents do export and import business. i hope I am wrong but that is what i have learned from most news about undercover operations.

you are100% correct. but these days they can be openly an adviser, consultant, teacher, or an attache with the embassy

gazoomartian

An American Citizen, Jason Warner age 65 (Name and age not confirmed by Geo and Express 24/7), was kidnapped at 3:30 am by over two dozen armed men who arrived at his residence in two vehicles. They knocked the door saying they came to give the Iftari. As guard opened the door they assaulted the guards severely and escaped with the American.
Jason has been living in Lahore and operating a an "Export and Import Business' for the last seven years. CIA arrived before the local police did followed by the DIG Police and other High ranking police officers. They have sealed the city in order to confine the victim and the kidnappers.

Dunya News at 6:00 And Geo News And Express 24/7. 7:00 AM

Their guards are idiots just like the kidnapped.

If armed men come to my house and claim they have aftari at 3:30 in the morning, I would quickly grasp the situation, wouldn't you??

OR it could be a staged drama because the white guys are up to something..... may be same as May 2?

Saboo

that is the only country he find to do Export and import and why CIA was there it is a job of Pakistani Police , coz that is Pakistan looking suspecious activity, who is he a normel US citizen or another Rymond

Oh another Raymond!
chor do bhi chor do. issay kon chabbul pukkar laya hay
Oh Allah dittay, thunday paani di botel lia juldi aur sahib kay paon nechay gulicha rukh.
No money no paani!

Raaz

(50k+ posts) بابائے فورم

Their guards are idiots just like the kidnapped.

If armed men come to my house and claim they have aftari at 3:30 in the morning, I would quickly grasp the situation, wouldn't you??

OR it could be a staged drama because the white guys are up to something..... may be same as May 2?

گزو بھائی ، سحری میں نہاری ہو تو رات بارہ بجے دروازہ کھل جاتا ہے

Bilal_Mushi

Minister (2k+ posts)
Foreigner kidnapped from Lahore
space2.jpg

Staff Report

LAHORE: A US citizen, Justin Warner, has been abducted from his residence in Model Town Block J in Lahore on early Saturday, SAMAA reported.

Witnesses said that at least 7-8 armed miscreants broke into house of Warner and kidnapped the latter.

Meanwhile, officials of intelligence agencies and police have reached the incident site and placed a strict cordon around the area.

Officials said investigations are underway as they are collecting the circumstantial evidences from the crime scene.

Moreover, police have activated checkposts all across Lahore and launching raids at suspected places to recover abducted US national.

Sources said that Warner had been living in Lahore for last 8 years and was associated with export import business. SAMAA

http://www.samaa.tv/newsdetail.aspx?ID=35306&CID=1

anyie1

ISI has got an other Ramon Davis before he could do something big, ISI is really active and vigilant now

gazoomartian

I predict that Justin's body will be found in the outskirts of Lahore, if it does get found. Body will be dismembered, beyond recognition.

any takers on this prediction?

sngilani

An American Citizen kidnapped from Lahore - Very sad situation of lawlessness.

An American identified as Warren Weinstein is kidnapped Saturday from his residence in Lahore Pakistan. About 8 to 10 gunmen carried out the abduction, with some forcing their way through the front gate and others scale walls around the home.

Full Storey from CNN

CoolDool

Minister (2k+ posts)
Re: An American Citizen kidnapped from Lahore - Very sad situation of lawlessness.

law and order ? Bhai kaam he aesay hain in Americans k..... agencies nay he uthaaya hou ga

rana14801

Senator (1k+ posts)
Re: An American Citizen kidnapped from Lahore - Very sad situation of lawlessness.

if an American citizen is kidnapped, my friend says it is a very sad situation of lawlessness because i think he is living at America. does this not happens in USA? or why u do not speak when it happens with lots of Pakistani people here? why r u so concerned about one American? so many r being killed by drone attacks in routine. have u ever spoken a word about it? so relax and let the govt do what ever they can for their masters.