A New Attack by Jews? Pathan (Pushtoon) Bani Israel Connection

Imranpak

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Pashtun's do have Jewish background, from my understanding they are amongst the people from the lost tribes of Israel.

Many of their cultural practises also point to this not that in matters. Since Islam was the last main world faith to be practically implemented most Muslim's do have connections with other religious groups depending on the location of their ancestors, theologically Islam was always here since the time of Adam.

samar

Minister (2k+ posts)
Well, our ancestors do tell us that we might, and the keyword is might have been the lost tribe. My grandfather told me, so did everyone i know. But, it was one of the many possibilities. Aryans are in the list too, so do some say we are a mix of aryans, greeks, and turks. but this guy did say some really stupid things.

Gazni the tribe is not named after a lost Israelite tribe, its named after an ancient city that was named ghazni, it still is present in afghanistan. Afridi is derived from "praddi" which mean "the foreigners" or more accurately "parrai" in urdu as in apnay/parrai, because they are said to be descendents of greeks that settled when alexander came. i hate to be stereotypical but their noses do look a lot like ancient greeks. kinda like shahid afridi's nose. this elongated/crescent nose. There were many pathan jews in both afghanistan and pakistan in the pushtun belt but almost all left for isreal. There is still a synagogue in Peshawar, which has long been deserted. there is an indian pashtun who is currently conducting a genetic research of pashtuns in india funded by the govt of israel to find scientific link between us and the lost Israeli tribes.

So the base line, yep, its a probability. But this guys arguments are factually wrong. His links about the rivers and cities is wrong. their are more factual historical and scientific explanations for why there cities or rivers were named that contradict this guy's claims.

can you share some more knowledge about pathans..
i have read some where that when pathans converted to islam they were told that your culture resembles islam you only have to change your belief.
some also say that pathans changed religion but they did not changed their culture, question arises than why their culture resembles islam so much.

plz share some more

FaisalLatif

Councller (250+ posts)
can you share some more knowledge about pathans..
i have read some where that when pathans converted to islam they were told that your culture resembles islam you only have to change your belief.
some also say that pathans changed religion but they did not changed their culture, question arises than why their culture resembles islam so much.

plz share some more

there is very little written works on this topic to be sure about exactly what our history was. Most of the research done is by the west. There is a book by a british high ranking official post 1947 era that is considered to be the best narrative on our history. The book is called "the pathans'.

about why our customs pre islamic era resembles islam? well, i cant be sure. societies develop over thousands of years. Some were very liberal, like sparta or egypt, some became conservative like pathans, some were warlike, like the mongols, some barbaric, like the cannibal tribes in north america. the topic hasnt been studied deep enough to say exactly what was the cause. plus it is also difficult to study it as we seem to see everything and everyone foreign with suspicion, thus hindering research. maybe we'll know someday, hopefully