1 Question for PTI - Imran trash talks IMF & World Bank but his budget suggests otherwise

AsifAmeer

Siasat.pk - Blogger
Imran-Khan-010.jpg

Imran continues to trash the IMF and the World Bank, that they will break the shackles of debt and the IMF and the World Bank wont be allowed to interfere in Pakistan's internal policies. His Economic Policy speaks of a "Khudmukhtaar Pakistani".

But here's his Economic outline.
screenhunter04sep051111.jpg

See the 4.5% Fiscal deficit? Pakistan's Economy is around $211.09 Billion
That makes the Fiscal deficit of 4.5% to about $9.5 Billion PER YEAR.

PTI Supporters. Where is this $9.5 Billion going to come from? Dont give a circular reasoning argument that defaulters will have their wealth confiscated. After all the actions taken, PTI is still projecting for a 4.5% deficit Govt Spending.

Where's $9.5 Billion going to come from?

Mr Khan, you can trash talk the IMF all you want. Fact is, you are lying. Because your economic team, even with it's optimistic view, is relying on the World Bank, The Asian Dev Bank and the IMF to fill in your hole of financial lies.

Not saying that Pakistanis should go and Vote PPP. But Pakistanis, and ESPECIALLY these blind followers to wake up and ask for accountability!

Last edited:

BoneBasher

Minister (2k+ posts)
Let me ask you a typical PTI supporter's question. How much did you get paid from Noora league for posting this thread?:lol:

Aam_Admi

MPA (400+ posts)
اہم سوالات ہیں یہ لیکن اتنی جلدی کوئی بھی حتمی نتیجہ دے دینا بھی درست نہیں۔ سب سے بنیادی سوال یہ ہے کہ پاکستان کے معاشی مسائل کا حل کیا کسی سیاسی جماعت کے پاس ہے جو کہ عوام کی نظر میں کرپٹ نہ ہو؟ تو ایسی جماعت نہ پی پی ہے اور نہ ن لیگ۔ میرے خیال میں چند آوٹ لائن پر جا کر کوئی فیصلہ عمران کے خلاف یوں دے دینا زیادتی والی بات ہے ابھی انتظار کیجئے ایک ایماندار حکومت کو آنے دیجئے مجے امید ہے کہ پاکستان کے مسائل کا حل خود پاکستان کے پاس موجود ہےاور ایک ایماندار حکومت پاکستانی وسائل سے پاکستان کے مسائل کو حل کر سکتی ہے۔

Azizan

MPA (400+ posts)
Tora Sabar to kar lo, Kal policy banaee hai aur Aaj Result maang rahe ho wo bi koi chance diye bagher.....

ThoughtFelon

MPA (400+ posts)
Bas? thats it? You call that trash talking? Really?

You are an old member of this forum and I expect you to know that @Joker is a nooner not a PTI supporter. And if you want to hurl insults than be my guest, I can assure you that you won't be able to handle them.

Fird of all you are not interested in knowing PTI's answer to your allegation because you already made up your mind that Imran is lying. Your have already fallen in to a state of mind that a country cannot perform without IMF support. Your sanctimonous and bigoted attitude doesnot warrant a decent reply but what the hell, I want to shut your trap hole so here it is!

IMF and US are one and the same, western powers exert their influence on third world countries throug IMF/World Bank etc. PTI's first goal is to counter this dependency on American backed aid in Pakistan. One of the ways through which it can be done is to gradually reduce the percentage of American aid through raising capital from different countries including Saudi, China and Russia etc.

PTI wants to break Pakistan's dependency on American aid whether military or financial and exploring new friends like Russia is one solution to counter the US influence in Pakistan. Pakistani military was one of the biggest supporter of America in Pakistan and it constantly uses Jihadi beardos/weirdos to leverage it's demands from US, this has to end.

Another way of reducing dependency on foreign aid is to increase the tax net in your own country, which is not an emergency solution but sure is a long term solution. PTI's goal is to raise the tax to GDP ratio from 9% to at least 15% in 5 years.

Hope this helps to soothe your bigotry, and Mr Know it all attitude!

Last edited:

AsifAmeer

Siasat.pk - Blogger
And thats what I was expecting... circular logic.

Remember I wrote that AFTER taxes have been increased and bla bla.. Govt's deficit will be 4.5%. Its not me who's saying it, its PTI's Economic policy that's stating it.

Also, why do you have to think in a binary mode? Either I am with you or against you.. Life is much more complicated than that. Show me 1 article I have written in support of the IMF, the Dollar or the Banks? I can show you multiple articles against the Dollar, against the International Banking Mafia, and the State Bank of Pakistan!

If ur gonna accuse me of something, least you can do is show sincerity in your allegation. Cant you?

What I am trying to share here is that Imran needs to stop this political scoring and level with the Public. I greatly admire Asad Umer. He doesnt mince words. Maybe IK should learn a bit of verbal integrity from Asad. Or is Imran the new Holy cow?

You are an old member of this forum and I expect you to know that @Joker is a nooner not a PTI supporter. And if you want to hurl insults than be my guest, I can assure you that you won't be able to handle them.

Fird of all you are not interested in knowing PTI's answer to your allegation because you already made up your mind that Imran is lying. Your have already fallen in to a state of mind that a country cannot perform without IMF support. Your sanctimonous and bigoted attitude doesnot warrent a decent reply but what the hell, I want to shut your trap hole so here it is!

IMF and US are one and the same, western powers exert their influence on third world countries throug IMF/World Bank etc. PTI's first goal is to counter this dependency on American backed aid in Pakistan. One of the ways through which it can be done is to gradually reduce the percentage of American aid through raising capital from different countries including Saudi, China and Russia etc.

PTI wants to break Pakistan's dependency on American aid whether military or financial and exploring new friends like Russia is one solution to counter the US influence in Pakistan. Pakistani military was one of the biggest supporter of America in Pakistan and it constantly uses Jihadi beardos/weirdos to leverage it's demands from US, this has to end.

Another way of reducing dependency on foreign aid is to increase the tax net in your own country, which is not an emergency solution but sure is a long term solution. PTI's goal is to raise the tax to GDP ratio from 9% to at least 15% in 5 years.

Hope this helps to soothe your bigotry, and Mr Know it all attitude!

Dengue

MPA (400+ posts)
nooron main kabhi aqal nahi ayege .. mere bhai Pakistani ki currency rupees main hai .. $ main nahi .. 9.5 billion or 1 trillion RS will come from foreign investment . remittances, local bank borrowings .. state bank :) .... selling bonds .. there are many many ways .. other then IMF and world bank ... british budget deficit in 165 billion .. do they borrow from IMF or WB? stupid question

zhohaq

Minister (2k+ posts)
You cant go from 8.4 to 0, cutting down the vital govt spending on Health and Education would be a disaster.
Given that the govt is such a huge chunk of the economy in Pakistan (especially the one on the books) strict austerity will be like slamming on the breaks. Without the fiscal space to manoeuvres the new govt would be booted out.

As for funding we are going for a WB/IMF programme in the interim govt whether we like it or not. The interim govt will have to sign on.
Getting out of IMF/WB claws is a long term goal and may take the whole term.
There are precedents in Pakistani History of Extraneous source of funds you havent factored in.(Like Chinese,Gaddafi,Saudis etc)

PTI isnt saying that fiat money government is spend and tax NOT tax and spend.
PTI is taking a balanced Keynesian view on this considering the deficit a necessary evil. At lease they do plan to rein it in to an "acceptable" level. With greater documentation of economy and economic growth the money supply will flatten out. That should stop the currency depreciation to some extent, and rein in inflationary pressures.

Asif Saheb I think your questions are valid but its more doctrinal in nature..

Last edited:

Nice2MU

President (40k+ posts)
What do you think PTI should claim that they would finish all the deficit in their term....... ?

Again people like you would say that it is a Wish list and how would they do it.?

Or you are much better economic expert than PTI has?

AsifAmeer

Siasat.pk - Blogger
Since Rupee is not a stable currency, Pakistan's economy is measured in dollars.

You suggesting that FDI and local borrowing and money printing be used to fill the hole? Coz PTI's saying they wont do local borrowing as that discourages private investment and they are targetting inflation so they dont have the option of money printing either. FDI and remittances help cover the Balance of Payment which continues to swell in red.

Pakistan borrows in SDR from IMF and dollars from the world bank. Hope you didnt find my answer "too technical"

nooron main kabhi aqal nahi ayege .. mere bhai Pakistani ki currency rupees main hai .. $ main nahi .. 9.5 billion or 1 trillion RS will come from foreign investment . remittances, local bank borrowings .. state bank :) .... selling bonds .. there are many many ways .. other then IMF and world bank ... british budget deficit in 165 billion .. do they borrow from IMF or WB? stupid question

AsifAmeer

Siasat.pk - Blogger
Mein sirf itna keh raha houn that Imran should come clean and level with the people in an honest way. Either balance the budget, if not, then he should go out in the public and claim "We will kick out the IMF"

He is lying! You dont have a problem with that?

What do you think PTI should claim that they would finish all the deficit in their term....... ?

Again people like you would say that it is a Wish list and how would they do it.?

Or you are much better economic expert than PTI has?

Nice2MU

President (40k+ posts)
I have an article out on Taxation Policy which every single Pakistani will hate... because everyone will be paying taxes. Once its put out on TheNews site, I will share it with ya'll.

You think you are the only one economic expert in the world and BTW how will you make that Sole Taxation Policy?

Every party has good brains and they can make good economic policies but making good policies is not a great deal Mr. It is the Political Well and Implementation of policies which the other parties are lacking because their leaders have their own vested interests. They wouldn't implement any policy which hurt their leadership

Last edited:

ahsanuck

MPA (400+ posts)
Yes Asif, its OK...practical proposals are always debatable & can be discussed irrespective of difference of viewpoint but in my thread http://www.siasat.pk/forum/showthrea...try-MUST-WATCH

...I was much interested to know if there is really any political leader having practical vision towards solving economic problems of country at least but I have not yet received any response from any supporter of true leaders including Imran khan but only mere claims...its the ground reality... unfortunately every leader of political leader pursues blames & allegation game about their rivals or plays with sentiments of public without presenting solution to problems......leaders can't talk of issues theirself but with the help of hired experts ...!
See I differ with Sheikh on Transactional Taxation too. because it discourages commerce. I believe in Wealth Taxation which Sheikh doesnt agree with. 2 different point of views. There's no right or wrong here.

ustadjejanab

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)

میرا کمنٹ یہ لکھ کر ڈیلیٹ کر دیا گیا کہ ہر کوئی نورا نہیں ہوتا ..نورا ازم دراصل ایک فلسفے کا نام ہے اور لازمی نہیں کہ اس فلسفے کا حامل ہر شخص نورا لیگ کا رکن ہو