Today Pakistan broke its own Guiness World Record - More than 1 lac people singing national anthem w

Humi

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
On August 14, 2011 about 6000 people of Karachi created a new Guinness World record of most number of people singing a national anthem simultaneously. People are telling me that today at least 200000 people were present at the PTI jalsa to sing the national anthem. So, congrats to every Pakistani for this new world record.

Last edited:

elipst

Minister (2k+ posts)
Re: Today Pakistan broke its own Guiness World Record

Please this was a political function. A chance for Imran to 'show off' his political might. A step on way to his desire to become a prime minister.

Please do not confuse this with the patriotic gathering of people in Karachi where not a single flag was visible that wasnt Pakistan's

Humi

Please this was a political function. A chance for Imran to 'show off' his political might. A step on way to his desire to become a prime minister.

Please do not confuse this with the patriotic gathering of people in Karachi where not a single flag was visible that wasnt Pakistan's

OK....people I know who went there tell me they sang it because they love Pakistan...so there is no confusion in my mind about it...feel free to think whatever you like..no issues at all..
1.gif

elipst

Minister (2k+ posts)

OK....people I know who went there tell me they sang it because they love Pakistan...so there is no confusion in my mind about it...feel free to think whatever you like..no issues at all..
1.gif

People supporting other parties dont love Pakistan? The national anthem has been sung by all political parties in their jalsas. This was a political function first and foremost.

Humi

People supporting other parties dont love Pakistan? The national anthem has been sung by all political parties in their jalsas. This was a political function first and foremost.

I never brought up any political parties, you did...where did I say that if MQM or PMLN had sung it, it would have meant they sang it for their leaders only and not Pakistan? Kindly dont try to put words in my mouth...yes, if you dont support PTI, you will think it was a show of power only..and no, there is nothing wrong with thinking that...but the point is that those people attended his jalsa and sang that national anthem because they love their country and think that Imran Khan can help save the country..you can doubt Imran Khan all you want but there is no way that you can know what every single person who was attending that jalsa was thinking..so kindly keep political parties out of this..

elipst

Minister (2k+ posts)

I never brought up any political parties, you did...where did I say that if MQM or PMLN had sung it, it would have meant they sang it for their leaders only and not Pakistan? Kindly dont try to put words in my mouth...yes, if you dont support PTI, you will think it was a show of power only..and no, there is nothing wrong with thinking that...but the point is that those people attended his jalsa and sang that national anthem because they love their country and think that Imran Khan can help save the country..you can doubt Imran Khan all you want but there is no way that you can know what every single person who was attending that jalsa was thinking..so kindly keep political parties out of this..

It was a political jalsa... How can you keep politics out of this?? My reasoning is all people there were gathered to listen and praise Imran Khan, NOT to sing the national anthem.

While we on the other hand, gathered in Karachi only and only to sing the national anthem. Not a single flag of any other political party was visible there, despite the fact that people from all political parties were there.

That is my point. Dont mar a patriotic non political gathering with PTI-style politics.

elipst

Minister (2k+ posts)

PTI-style politics: The thinking that we are the ONLY patriotic, loyal, honest, uncorrupt Pakistanis around. Everyone else is crap.

Humi

It was a political jalsa... How can you keep politics out of this?? My reasoning is all people there were gathered to listen and praise Imran Khan, NOT to sing the national anthem.

While we on the other hand, gathered in Karachi only and only to sing the national anthem. Not a single flag of any other political party was visible there, despite the fact that people from all political parties were there.

That is my point. Dont mar a patriotic non political gathering with PTI-style politics.

I agree with you that only Pakistan's flags should have been used not PTI's.....if you dont mind, maybe we can stop with this what lahori people did and what we karachi people did...there is enough bloodshed happening in this country over what language people said..lets not fuel hatred over why lahori people sang the national anthem or why they raised PTI's flags and not Pakistan's...we dont need people from lahore and karachi over eachother's throat over this...and in your previous post, you said I was assuming that people who support other parties dont love pakistan...lemme ask you, you are assuming that since people were waiving PTI's flags, it means that when they were singing the anthem, they werent feeling love for Pakistan...perhaps you should remember that we are all Pakistanis and then we belong to political parties...someone waiving a flag of PTI, Pmln or mqm does not mean they are not thinking of pakistan at that moment..remember, they are only supporting these parties because they think they will be good for pakistan...

Humi

PTI-style politics: The thinking that we are the ONLY patriotic, loyal, honest, uncorrupt Pakistanis around. Everyone else is crap.

prove it where i said such a thing...and i think you need to look in the mirror and realize you are doing the same..you are saying since these people sang under PTI's name, they were not feeling love for their country at that moment...do tell, if all you mqm supporters sang once under mqm banner, is it gonna mean you no longer care for pak?

mrk123

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)

No matter what I have a feeling that all this zeal will fizzle out - i dont think that the condition for this country can withstand more political shows - i think what we really need are the people to be the leaders - when there are enough people leading and participating then there is no force that could stop the wave of change - what we need is Tahrir square spirit, occupy wall street spirit, the spirit of the people hama and homs, the spirit of people of Sana or Ben ghazi - these corrupt amalgam of corrupt polticians and establishment will not let the traditional style politics change ANYTHING in the country......we need to clean these people up....imran is hoping that these people will truly show their wealth - that is not happening with traditional style politics - these people have to be FORCED to give up their wealth - as long as these people have a free reign you will see people in the streets supporting like the bhati gate jalsa we saw or the show of support for corrupt zardari we saw in karachi by mqm......all the traditional forces are in cahoots to stay in power in one form or other to rake in the benefits....for these traditional politicians the self interest is paramount and the interest of the country and the people in it is meaningless....

FlyHigh

Senator (1k+ posts)

You are right for once, and the rest of Pakistan the leader you people follow is a traitor PERIOD.

InsafianPTI

Minister (2k+ posts)

oh hell they are you moron. As a party this is what they bloody are!!!!!killers, corrupt, dishonest, arrogant, selfish, status lovers, mean, incompitent, and unfaithful to this nation.
I am not saying every single person in these parties is all that, but their parties specially ppp, pmln and mqm have openly done most of the above things whenever they were in power.
They haven't done anything to prove to show they were loyal to this nation.
and don't tell me nothing is proved. They are blamed for all these crimes, and all these crimes are ground realities, if they are not doing it then who else is doing it??????
Nothing is proved because our law enforcement agencies are not free to punish the culprits.

SO YOU REALLLY NEED TO SHUT UPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

elipst

Minister (2k+ posts)

prove it where i said such a thing...and i think you need to look in the mirror and realize you are doing the same..you are saying since these people sang under PTI's name, they were not feeling love for their country at that moment...do tell, if all you mqm supporters sang once under mqm banner, is it gonna mean you no longer care for pak?

Not pointing fingers, just stating facts. What I see with my own eyes

Just scroll down and read the comments you liked. You will see my point

elipst

Minister (2k+ posts)

I agree with you that only Pakistan's flags should have been used not PTI's.....if you dont mind, maybe we can stop with this what lahori people did and what we karachi people did...there is enough bloodshed happening in this country over what language people said..lets not fuel hatred over why lahori people sang the national anthem or why they raised PTI's flags and not Pakistan's...we dont need people from lahore and karachi over eachother's throat over this...and in your previous post, you said I was assuming that people who support other parties dont love pakistan...lemme ask you, you are assuming that since people were waiving PTI's flags, it means that when they were singing the anthem, they werent feeling love for Pakistan...perhaps you should remember that we are all Pakistanis and then we belong to political parties...someone waiving a flag of PTI, Pmln or mqm does not mean they are not thinking of pakistan at that moment..remember, they are only supporting these parties because they think they will be good for pakistan...

Exactly my point, no need to get angry. Everyone who supports a political party do so because they think that political party can do best for Pakistan.

Humi

Not pointing fingers, just stating facts. What I see with my own eyes

Just scroll down and read the comments you liked. You will see my point

I didnt like your comment because I didnt like you assuming you know what every other person is that jalsa was or was not feeling for pakistan at that moment...Tutor has replied your post too..are you seeing me praising him..fact? lol...didnt know people these days could know with 100% certainty what the other person was thinking..