Pakistan among failed states: Nawaz

garry317

Banned
LAHORE: The world is rating Pakistan among failed states and repeated military interventions have forced Baloch nationalists to seek foreign support against the country, which is an alarming situation, chief of the Pakistan Muslim League- Nawaz (PML-N) Nawaz Sharif said on Wednesday.

He was addressing a gathering after the balloting for yellow cabs in the city.

Nawaz Sharif said that the government was proceeding on policies devised by a dictator regime (the Musharraf government), adding that it was the outcome of those policies which had put the country on the world map as a failed state.

Criticising the government for the countrys growing isolation on the international level, he said that issues such as corruption, extremism, terrorism, low rate of growth of economy, stoppage of development work and unemployment were still unresolved, creating a multi-dimensional crisis in the country.

Stressing the need for adopting a culture of accountability, he said that it was necessary to rise above personal interests and work for the promotion of national interest.

Giving the example of the PML-N, he said that his party was far more responsible in this regard as it had sacked two of its legislators on corruption charges.

Accusing President Asif Ali Zardari of promoting his own and partys interests, he said that instead of setting a good precedent, President Zardaris action had pushed the country on the brink of destruction.

We should save the country from Zardaris corruption, he said.

Highlighting the contribution of Baloch nationalist leaders such as Attaullah Mengal and Mir Hasil Bizenjo in abolishing the 8th Amendment, he said that they had played a very active role along with him and Benazir Bhutto in this regard, adding that Balcoh nationalists should more often be allowed to play a constructive role for the sake of the country.

Criticising the government, he said that instead of assimilating Baloch nationalists into the national political mainstream, the rulers had pushed sons of Baloch nationalists to seek asylum in foreign countries andwork against the country.

There is chaos in three provinces, he said, but the federal government is engaged in hatching conspiracies against Punjab, trying to destabilise the provincial government and devising way to divide the province. Rejecting criticism over his partys role as being a friendly opposition, he said he and his party played the role of a genuine opposition by launching anti-government agitation such as the long march.

Zardari, he said, had tried to disqualify him and his brother through courts and even imposed governor rule in Punjab and even now he and his party are engaged in efforts to weaken the Punjab province. He warned Zardari to refrain from all malicious activities.

Keepinformed

Siasat.pk - Blogger
It is no doubt but there is life after bankruptcy also.

Pakistan can rebuild itself. It just needs the leadership.

India and China needs a stable Pakistan. Pakistan has been facing crap loads of problems because of breakage of afghanistan. Imagine India having to deal with 4 little Pakistans??

You see sometimes you have side with the bad with avoid the worst.

Choose lesser of the evils in an evil land.

garry317

Banned
It is no doubt but there is life after bankruptcy also.

Pakistan can rebuild itself. It just needs the leadership.

India and China needs a stable Pakistan. Pakistan has been facing crap loads of problems because of breakage of afghanistan. Imagine India having to deal with 4 little Pakistans??

You see sometimes you have side with the bad with avoid the worst.

Choose lesser of the evils in an evil land.

i think u supported millitants earlier and raised terror in india and made safe heavens in ur own country....this is responsible for ur condition........so conditions is reversed now.now face it..atleast u will take decade to get away from it.:)

Keepinformed

Siasat.pk - Blogger
i think u supported millitants earlier and raised terror in india and made safe heavens in ur own country....this is responsible for ur condition........so conditions is reversed now.now face it..atleast u will take decade to get away from it.:)

Yes we do support militants and other terrorists. Yes we are paying the price.

However remember we are victims of environment especially the generals who have systematically created this society in the last 60 years where killing everything non muslim is a gateway to paradise.

No one knows how it would end but with the way things are you are looking at a bigger trouble which is the south asian region facing massive death and destruction if Pakistan breaks.

So India being the bigger country needs to look at Pakistan as a spoiled brat drug addict little brother that NEEDS help because after all you have to live in the same house.

Other countries would need to help Pakistan correct itself else Pakistan is going to make even bigger trouble for its neighbours and around the world.

Sometimes you have to take the crap because your long term interests are in favour.

So here is my MAIN point:

Instead of working on measures that would end up breaking Pakistan...USA, Europe and regional powers like India and China should be taking measures to keep it afloat and make it an economic power.

Working with forces that are trying to break Pakistan is like raising a snake that is one day going to bite your family and eradicate you all.

One cannot handle the tsunami of 200 million starving people with guns.

The world cannot afford worlds 6th most populous country going bazooka attached to a country which is the worlds no 2 population..

The consequences of Pakistan breaking are going to be ultra disastrous for the region.

Think about it..

Last edited:

hamza100

Councller (250+ posts)
i totally agree our military has ruined us socially , economically, morally ,mentally and everything u can name.

as far as trust on these security forces are concerned i would quote here that no country is willing to send its 11 palyers to pakistan . thats the trust on our forces and agencies

garry317

Banned
Yes we do support militants and other terrorists. Yes we are paying the price.

However remember we are victims of environment especially the generals who have systematically created this society in the last 60 years where killing everything non muslim is a gateway to paradise.

No one knows how it would end but with the way things are you are looking at a bigger trouble which is the south asian region facing massive death and destruction if Pakistan breaks.

So India being the bigger country needs to look at Pakistan as a spoiled brat drug addict little brother that NEEDS help because after all you have to live in the same house.

Other countries would need to help Pakistan correct itself else Pakistan is going to make even bigger trouble for its neighbours and around the world.

Sometimes you have to take the crap because your long term interests are in favour.

So here is my MAIN point:

Instead of working on measures that would end up breaking Pakistan...USA, Europe and regional powers like India and China should be taking measures to keep it afloat and make it an economic power.

Working with forces that are trying to break Pakistan is like raising a snake that is one day going to bite your family and eradicate you all.

One cannot handle the tsunami of 200 million starving people with guns.

The world cannot afford worlds 6th most populous country going bazooka attached to a country which is the worlds no 2 population..

The consequences of Pakistan breaking are going to be ultra disastrous for the region.

Think about it..

well said bro,i also want my country to jointly fight..but it is not possible due to the results of 60 years..

. Maha

Citizen
DK_7548NJNJ_large.jpg
by V.T. Rajshekar.

my bro told me of it.......

@
garry317 read this.................

What the point in posting, excepting making people angry? even u know nawaz is a baboon......

garry317

Banned
DK_7548NJNJ_large.jpg
by V.T. Rajshekar.

my bro told me of it.......

@
garry317 read this.................

What the point in posting, excepting making people angry? even u know nawaz is a baboon......

every country is failed state..there could be n number of reasons.....[hilar]
but u were at number 10 at index and world knows this..u cant refute them.

Humi

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
Nawaz Sharif among top failed politicians...:lol:

anyway..pakistan can be rebuild..I am not losing any sleep over his statements...

pak4rule

Senator (1k+ posts)
NS is only left with such rubbish talk.
someone should ask him ka bhai why you seeing Pakistan becomming a failed state? why not DOING anything to save and protect it....
He is equal responsible for this.
Allah Pakistan per rehem karay. Ameen

garry317

Banned
he is good politician.....he will give better governance if come in power..better than zardari atleast..
he said truth..no doubt it..no doubt u ppl burn..:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

gvnawab

Voter (50+ posts)
Dont think Pakistan is a failed state as yet, their economic parameters are really bleak, but they are independent as far as food is concerned and still have a pretty strong nuclear armed army. They would truly fail if their agriculture fails, thanx to continuous floods and all, and army breaks up too, on pro-taliban anti taliban lines. I see pakistan turning into another Iran/afghanistan. And i see no reason for it to bad for us indians. The entire non-muslim world shall stand by us to neutralise them. And even if the don`t, it does`nt matter. We already have a burma and a nepal, pretty much failed states beside us, and how has that really affected us. Maybe the new taliban dispensation shall be more reasonable to deal with, coz they wont have the establishment to bully them. And theyd have the religious backing too. As for a nuclear war. even the Taliban would want to leave and not be wiped out. It could present a great opportunity to exchange kashmir for indian muslims. An ultimate win win situation.

Nathookhan

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
Yeh Nawazoooooooooooooooooo bhi tau iss main barabar ka hissa daar hai. I hate Musharraf for some reason but I appreciate him for recognizing the mental calibre of Nawazoooo........he is an idiot with full pockets and empty brain..........................and he is I mean it.