How to Boycott Bank Alfalah

FreeCountry

MPA (400+ posts)
this guy is done. he will not be able to continue in any Bank or customer service industry at all!

Because Gali Dena "use of harsh words" is totally allowed by the constitution of Pakistan. Although it may be Ghair-Ikhlaqi but there is nothing criminal about Gali Dena.

This idiot journalist Zaidi should be the first one to stand and protect free speech right of this kid who criticized him.

You know I don't support PTI anymore but I fully back this kid from PTI. If people can curse Barak Obama and Donald Trump then who the F is this Zaidi clown?

FreeCountry

MPA (400+ posts)
It is not just about hurting feelings of the Dawn employee. It is about dragging his mother and according to his other posts, dragging female relatives of many other twitter members into arguments in a derogatory manner as well. The dude has never met those female family members yet he felt he had the right to insult them.

Can you tell which part of the constitution of Pakistan criminalizes "hurting feelings" of others? And what are the penalties prescribed?

If not than kid has full right to say whatever he wants to say in his personal capacity.

Bank Alfalah overstepping here and not respecting kid's right to free speech provided by the constitution of Pakistan.

Munawarkhan

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
keeping in mind the quick firing of a pti-supporter for hurting the sensitive feelings of a dawn employee, i have decided to boycott bank alfallah.
the whole episode seems to be fishy.
ideally an employee should only be suspended during the time the complaint is being thoroughly investigated.
all the factors should be taken into consideration, including if any instigation took place.
one isolated incident without taking into consideration the behavior of all the parties involved in the controversy, should not be the grounds for dismissal.
hurting the feelings of a dawn employee via abusive language is not a crime.
yes, morally it is despicable, however the dawn employees also make despicable comments on social media without any consequences - i remember a dawn employee referring to the PSL team of lahore qalandars as lahore 'kanjars,' with immunity.
dismissal from employment for hurting feelings of an instigative dawn employee is a bit too heavy and harsh.
a severe warning or temporary suspension without pay would have suffice.

bank alfallah has demonstrated partiality.

here are the ways you can boycott bank alfallah;
1 - move your bank account to a different bank.
note: do not close your alfallah account right away. open a new account first and then slowly transfer your money to the new bank. otherwise it will become cumbersome.
2 - if you are an expat and send money to pak. don't use this bank
3 - if you are an expat and help family/families in pakistan, advise your acquaintances to switch to a different bank
4 - boycott all the tv shows which have this bank's ads on it.
5 - if there other ways to boycott this bank, please share it on this thread.

if the bank has decided to be intolerable to the abuse of only one political side, it should pay for it.

The bank has not shown any impartiality, in this matter.

They just fired a foul mouthed, abusive senior employee, who used to rant dirty in public.
Only if every org did the same thing, our social media will become so much better.

I don't agree with any opinion of the Dawn employee, but it doesnt mean that I can openly abuse someone. I absolutely stand with Bank Al Falah in this matter.

Humi

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
Can you tell which part of the constitution of Pakistan criminalizes "hurting feelings" of others? And what are the penalties prescribed?

If not than kid has full right to say whatever he wants to say in his personal capacity.

Bank Alfalah overstepping here and not respecting kid's right to free speech provided by the constitution of Pakistan.
a) This is not a kid
b) His freedom of speech ended the moment he attacked women who were not even part of the convo to begin with because it's our national hobby to abuse each other's women.

FreeCountry

MPA (400+ posts)
If this is the yardstick, then 90% of Pakistan's workforce should be fired tomorrow as I heard pretty much everyone cursing someone behind their backs for sure.

Constitution of Pakistan is clear about free-speech and no bank's policy can be upheld above that.

They just fired a foul mouthed, abusive senior employee, who used to rant dirty in public.
I don't agree with any opinion of the Dawn employee, but it doesnt mean that I can openly abuse someone. I absolutely stand with Bank Al Falah in this matter.

FreeCountry

MPA (400+ posts)
a) This is not a kid
b) His freedom of speech ended the moment he attacked women who were not even part of the convo to begin with because it's our national hobby to abuse each other's women.

Wrong!!!

Verbal attack is not an attack. Nothing criminal about it. Verbal attack is protected under Contitutional right to free speech.

Only exception is Prophet PBUH. No one is allowed to disrespect him.

Last edited:

sher_khan

Senator (1k+ posts)

Only if every org did the same thing, our social media will become so much better.

Good for u.
But lets not insult any one's intelligence.
You do agree with Dawn employee's opinion.
He wanted the PTI supporter to get fired and you agree with him.

Also, we as a nation need to grow up or we will become another failed generation like the preceding one. The one that gave the balance of power to the corrupt elites (like the dawn affiliates).

We need to look into the concept of "substance over form."
We are supporting the financial beneficiaries of mass murdering politicians over an abusive accountant.

Last edited:

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)

I'm with you on this mate. In this age of social media one has to be careful. If my companies are all always abusive online eventually my company also starts to get a bad reputation because of them.

In this day and age employers now routinely check any prospective employees social media accounts if they can. Even the US has now asked for this during visa applications.

Savvy people keep their real identity hidden online.

sher_khan

Senator (1k+ posts)
I'm with you on this mate. In this age of social media one has to be careful. If my companies are all always abusive online eventually my company also starts to get a bad reputation because of them.

In this day and age employers now routinely check any prospective employees social media accounts if they can. Even the US has now asked for this during visa applications.

Savvy people keep their real identity hidden online.

I hear you.
How ever your theory applies in a civilized society where "all" the people have rights.
If we go by your standards then the Dawn news (an employer) should have fired its employees who use abusive language, chronically. Including but not limited to this bohemian haired Zaidi. Such people are bringing bad repute to Dawn.
But this will never happen. Because it will be contradicting the Dawn's anti-pti culture.

This is not a business or ethical issue. It's a political one.

Eyeaan

a) This is not a kid
Please don't count it a defense of abuse of women. This is not an issue of women anyway but you are turning it to one for calling emotions. It is an issue between two organizations, one of which enjoys a clout and an employ is at target in this show of power.

First, unfortunately, your rage seem selective. (We are quite familiar with the selective rage - especially in case of blacks and others.)
If I recall right, Zaidi started this by posting some abuse/cartoon about IK family and then he was responded back. Recently he posted some fake news about ManiKa with a sharp comment, which is agin an attack on IK related women. So, how come a trite on IK family is kosher but not on Zaidi's, if you are so bent upon making it a women issue? For Zaidi it is not new - he is a low level person who got repute for his ill manners and double talk. Since Dawn is raising the issue of decency - they may show their honestly by firing Zaidi to set an example- Zaidi's acts directly relate to his work environment, so that could be legally justified. However, the decency czars will never raise a demand for dismissal of Zaidi which is not unexpected, since it is not about decency or women on the first hand but about power, politics, blackmailing and clouts.

Secondly, the verbal attack is not an attack in legal sense - rather it is protected due to very valid legal reasons.
Any decency laws is a slippery slope - you can't (ever) explicitly set a criteria or standard or it becomes just another blunt tool in the hand of power - as we are observing in this case. People can't be trusted both on the basis of fairness and comprehension. Thus to implement decency (or morals) one needs to frame it in different kind of volition and legal language, assuring fairness, universality and impartiality.

Third, I ideologically oppose the notion of hate speech crime since, in the end , it transforms into a show of power of a cultural./economic group.
Even then the justifications for hate speech come from the collective memory and group hurt and from a historical background of persecution in the existing literature. It cannot be based mine standards and rage - or of Dawn's fans.

Khan125

keeping in mind the quick firing of a pti-supporter for hurting the sensitive feelings of a dawn employee, i have decided to boycott bank alfallah.
the whole episode seems to be fishy.
ideally an employee should only be suspended during the time the complaint is being thoroughly investigated.
all the factors should be taken into consideration, including if any instigation took place.
one isolated incident without taking into consideration the behavior of all the parties involved in the controversy, should not be the grounds for dismissal.
hurting the feelings of a dawn employee via abusive language is not a crime.
yes, morally it is despicable, however the dawn employees also make despicable comments on social media without any consequences - i remember a dawn employee referring to the PSL team of lahore qalandars as lahore 'kanjars,' with immunity.
dismissal from employment for hurting feelings of an instigative dawn employee is a bit too heavy and harsh.
a severe warning or temporary suspension without pay would have suffice.

bank alfallah has demonstrated partiality.

here are the ways you can boycott bank alfallah;
1 - move your bank account to a different bank.
note: do not close your alfallah account right away. open a new account first and then slowly transfer your money to the new bank. otherwise it will become cumbersome.
2 - if you are an expat and send money to pak. don't use this bank
3 - if you are an expat and help family/families in pakistan, advise your acquaintances to switch to a different bank
4 - boycott all the tv shows which have this bank's ads on it.
5 - if there other ways to boycott this bank, please share it on this thread.

if the bank has decided to be intolerable to the abuse of only one political side, it should pay for it.
If his behaviour was wid customers of bank then BANK had all the rights....

but social media is his personal use nothing to do with bank....

yes his comments were morally not good but FIRING him is not justified, as these are not related to his job...

secondly PATWARIES k lie: is ne sirf ghair akhlaaki BAATAIN hi kee theee...... MARYAM SAFDAR sahiba to BAO JI k mun pe practically KALAK malti raheeen ore phir chaukidar SAFDAR drvesh k sath bhaag gain..... LAIKIN USEY tm ne leader bnaya hoa hey ?

zardari ne kia ayan ali ko BETI bnaya hoa tha , ya vo uski rakhail thi?..... zardar phir b LEADER hey kionky vo batain nhi PRACTICALLY KRTA HE....

Recently CHAIRMAN NAB sb ghair akhlaaki baatain pratically aply krty pakrey gaey.....

wahan
boley ye uska zaati fail hey.... ajeeb munafikat vali society hey...

sirf ghair akhlaaki baatain krna jurm hey ghair akhlaki kaaam krna koi jurm nhi?

Last edited:

Will_Bite

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
No reason to take it to heart. Im disgusted by the general attitude of people on social media. This is a trait they have inherited mostly from politicians, where you ask them one question, and they give you a totally different answer.
Even on siasat.pk, discussions quickly devolve into cursing and swearing directed at each others family members, and I personally find it abhorent. Cant believe that in this day and age, when most of the folks here are well educated, people would use such slurs to address political differences.

The guy above should have been careful with his words. Whether or not his firing was wrong is a side issue. But as an employer, I wouldnt want any such person in my staff.

Munawarkhan

If this is the yardstick, then 90% of Pakistan's workforce should be fired tomorrow as I heard pretty much everyone cursing someone behind their backs for sure.

Constitution of Pakistan is clear about free-speech and no bank's policy can be upheld above that.
Good for u.
But lets not insult any one's intelligence.
You do agree with Dawn employee's opinion.
He wanted the PTI supporter to get fired and you agree with him.

Also, we as a nation need to grow up or we will become another failed generation like the preceding one. The one that gave the balance of power to the corrupt elites (like the dawn affiliates).

We need to look into the concept of "substance over form."
We are supporting the financial beneficiaries of mass murdering politicians over an abusive accountant.
If his behaviour was wid customers of bank then BANK had all the rights....

but social media is his personal use nothing to do with bank....

yes his comments were morally not good but FIRING him is not justified, as these are not related to his job...

secondly PATWARIES k lie: is ne sirf ghair akhlaaki BAATAIN hi kee theee...... MARYAM SAFDAR sahiba to BAO JI k mun pe practically KALAK malti raheeen ore phir chaukidar SAFDAR drvesh k sath bhaag gain..... LAIKIN USEY tm ne leader bnaya hoa hey ?

zardari ne kia ayan ali ko BETI bnaya hoa tha , ya vo uski rakhail thi?..... zardar phir b LEADER hey kionky vo batain nhi PRACTICALLY KRTA HE....

Recently CHAIRMAN NAB sb ghair akhlaaki baatain pratically aply krty pakrey gaey.....

wahan
boley ye uska zaati fail hey.... ajeeb munafikat vali society hey...

sirf ghair akhlaaki baatain krna jurm hey ghair akhlaki kaaam krna koi jurm nhi?

You guys have missed the point here.

People should not be abusive on public forums .

Your employer, your parents, your relatives, your kids any one can read these comments. Be responsible.

Would you be speaking the same language of social media outside of your computer, in public places??

Kamboz

Senator (1k+ posts)
One additional recommendation of mine is to start a contact with this fired PTI supporter and advise him to start a go fund me campaign.

We should fund his legal battle against the bank and zaidi.
Especially, Zaidi's referral to the claim that the pertinent accountant fudges accounting figures. He did this on a public forum. The calim should be proved by the dyed haired zaidi or legal damges should be paid.

Can the Siasat.PK initiate a contact with this PTI supporter?
Yes, this should be fought legally, and not on twitter.

Khan125

Your employer, your parents, your relatives, your kids any one can read these comments. Be responsible.

Would you be speaking the same language of social media outside of your computer, in public places??
It has nothing 2 do wid ur job.

sher_khan

Senator (1k+ posts)
No reason to take it to heart. Im disgusted by the general attitude of people on social media. This is a trait they have inherited mostly from politicians, where you ask them one question, and they give you a totally different answer.
Even on siasat.pk, discussions quickly devolve into cursing and swearing directed at each others family members, and I personally find it abhorent. Cant believe that in this day and age, when most of the folks here are well educated, people would use such slurs to address political differences.

The guy above should have been careful with his words. Whether or not his firing was wrong is a side issue. But as an employer, I wouldnt want any such person in my staff.

just because we abhor foul language, it does not mean that people who use it on their private time should be fired from their jobs because of the sensitive feelings of the dollar khor mafia.

also, this is not an isolated incident.
the dollar khor marvi also went after an employee from the foreign office who insinuated that she had foreign masters.

the dollar khors can call the pti an army stooge but the pti can't call them foreign agents because their feeling get hurt.
low life dawn employee can perpetually use foul language but goes after the people if people repay him in mind.

these dollar khors support the politically corrupt because they embrace entitlement and nepotism.

do not make this a simple foul language issue. it's a political issue.

sher_khan

Senator (1k+ posts)

i don't use foul language either on a public forum or elsewhere.
howvever, i don't want to dictate other people's behavior.
people have the right to express themselves within legal boundaries.
using a foul language is not a crime.

all the dollar khor zaidi had to do was to block the guy using foul language or/and report him to twitter
he didn't do that.
he wanted to display his power in the society and his reach in the country.
this act is simply an exercise of power. it's political in nature.

don't try to confuse a political matter into an etiquette issue.

Munawarkhan

i don't use foul language either on a public forum or elsewhere.
howvever, i don't want to dictate other people's behavior.
people have the right to express themselves within legal boundaries.
using a foul language is not a crime.

So if someone replies you here and expresses it by calling your mother and you sister a whore, you are ok with it, because it is within legal boundaries.

sher_khan

Senator (1k+ posts)
So if someone replies you here and expresses it by calling your mother and you sister a whore, you are ok with it, because it is within legal boundaries.

no, i won't be ok with it.
i will start embarrassing him using my intelligence.

let me tell u what i won't do.

i won't stalk him.
i won't find out where he works and won't get him fired because he used foul language against me.