Zulfiqar ali bhutto the darkest character in pakistan's political history

Iffi365

Councller (250+ posts)
Every one of us must learn that Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto's political career got birth in General Ayub Khan's military regime, which was the thing we traditionally call "Martial Law Government". The-then Army Chief General Ayub Khan staged a successful military coup in 1958 in order to become the center of executive power, entirely derailing Pakistan's already struggling democratic setup. Mr. Z.A. Bhutto was soon afterwards introduced in the sphere of politics under the Martial Law-umbrella and was appointed Foreign Minister in 1963an illegitimate beginning of his career. Thus, he did not set out as a public leader.

As the Foreign Minister of Pakistan, the first damage Mr. Bhutto did to the country was surrendering unconditionally 750 square km territory of Pakistan to China in 1962. Bhutto himself sealed off the deal.

Moreover, our history must be corrected about 1965 Indo-Pak War that it was Mr. Bhutto, the Foreign Minister, who pushed the whole country into that war by designing and supporting "Operation Gibraltar", which ended up in a sheer failure with 3000 Pak Army commandos dead or missing in Kashmir Valley. In reaction to consecutive operations code-named "Gibraltar" and "Grand Slam", Indians opened up three new war-fronts to release Pak Armys pressure from Kashmir and thus the country went to war exposing its numerous weaknesses. After the war had ended, this so-called leader proved so shameless that he deceived, even seduced, his own master "Ayub Khan" atTashkent while negotiating the pact with Indian Prime Minister Shastri. Despite being an accomplice in that insulting pact, he started howling against his own master when once having been thrown out of the cabinet in 1966.

In 1970 Elections, Bhuttos Peoples Party did not even secure half strength of what Sheikh Mujeebs Awami League had secured in the federal parliament. However, he denied East Pakistans right of government and got on-guard to defend his illegal case even at the cost of countrys integrity. Eventually, the ultimate came in December 1971 as envisaged by many statesmen, but Mr. Bhuttos stubbornness as well as selfishness never came to an end.

After Ayub Regime, this same Bhutto made an illegitimate alliance with the next martial law administrator General Yahya Khan and brokered to break up Pakistan. He was the one again to serve as Foreign Minister of Yahya's Martial Law Regime. He remained unchallenged in his driving of Pakistan's foreign policy at the tide of his ambitions and fantasies. It was Bhutto, who, out of sheer emotionalism or more probably out of design, tethered into pieces at UN Security Council session thePolish Resolution of peaceful surrender of Pak Army to UN Forces in East Pakistan on 13 December 1971, the last chance Pakistan could avail itself to save its national honor. However, Mr. Bhutto let it go at will. What a great leader really Bhutto turned out to be.

Again it was Mr. Bhutto who went to Simla in 1972 to negotiate a post-war peace pact with Indian Premier Indira Gandhi. There he shamelessly consented to acknowledge, as Indians had always desired, the long-standing "Kashmir Dispute" as a bilateral, regional dispute rather than a UN-arbitrated international problem. Probably it was the worst kind of patriotism any leader in the world, other than Mr. Bhutto, could have ever displayed. He also triggered military operation inBalochistan, cultivating the seeds of secession that Pakistani nation is experiencing even to this day.

Later on, it was again his evil idiosyncratic character that embarked upon the project of "nationalization", which proved the last nail into the war-torn economy of Pakistan. The capitalism-based market of Pakistan never recovered from that setback, nor did investors ever return to the market in complete trust. We must not forget that it was the time when on the other end of the world, such as in USA and Europe, states were denationalizing their major industries. How sick of him.

There was a state of self-actualization on the part of Bhutto, and that was his sole belief in his person being an evil-genius. He had no compunctions on his conscience for what wrongs he did to Pakistan, for he had his justifications to play the role of every kindeven of a chameleon. His rhetoric always demonized our Great Quaid and it is the illicit legacy of the fraudulent character of Bhutto that we experience even today as Peoples Party's agenda of "Divide and Rule".

Indeed Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto was the darkest ever character of Pakistani politics. This is not to say that there was no positive side in Bhutto; however, the negative side of his person enormously eclipsed the positive side - continues to eclipse our political vision and practice even in 21st century.

AshRay

Senator (1k+ posts)
He was a genius ... an evil genius though

and as far as 'DARKEST' is concerned, I beg to disagree... there are a lot of characters both dead and alive are also strong contestants of the said title. In my humble opinion, he can be a self-centered, loose character and dictator sort of a politician but these all traits are very common in many others, isn't it? He was rather a true genius, highly nationalist and nearly very clean in his financial dealings which MANY OF SO CALLED AWAMI LEADERS not even near to.... tell me if I am wrong :)

It is because we are living in this era, SHAREEFS are definitly no rivals to win this TROPHY, am I wrong?

Qureshi sb

Voter (50+ posts)

and as far as 'DARKEST' is concerned, I beg to disagree... there are a lot of characters both dead and alive are also strong contestants of the said title. In my humble opinion, he can be a self-centered, loose character and dictator sort of a politician but these all traits are very common in many others, isn't it? He was rather a true genius, highly nationalist and nearly very clean in his financial dealings which MANY OF SO CALLED AWAMI LEADERS not even near to.... tell me if I am wrong :)

It is because we are living in this era, SHAREEFS are definitly no rivals to win this TROPHY, am I wrong?

You quoted right. He was a mixture. Even today if we compare him i can say that he is Kaana Raja among Andhy(Blinds)

in a democratic system like Pakistan continuity is must. Hopefully PPP will not be in position to form the next government so get eliminated. and like wise other non performers in future.
The way with which ZAB started his career in politics had surely given us a good leaders if were not interrupted by ZIA.

fasmik

Senator (1k+ posts)

How was he a Nationalist ?

Young

Senator (1k+ posts)
Best politician ever in Pakistan was ZULFIQAR ALI BHUTTO. I am not PPP supporter but its true. Every sensible person can think what happened in his era. If he would be in life til now may be Pak would be more advance than Emirates.

frozen20

MPA (400+ posts)
Dear Customers,

''WAPDA'' laya apke liye zabardast awami package,,,, 5 ka 55
yaani 5 minute tak bijli estemal karain aur 55 minutes tak bijli ki shandar bachat hasil karain.....wo bhi bilkul free.......

sirf yahi nahi........Balkey

1. Mobile charge na honey par Balance ki bachat.......

2. TV na dekhny se gunahun ki bachat............

3. Bijli jane par sabar karne se Sabereen me shumaar........

4. Bijli aane par Allah ka shukar karne se shakereen me shumaar......wo bhi har ghanty.......

yaani jannat me jane k beshumar mawaqy.......wo bhi har jagah...........

''WAPDA'' TUM HE TO HO.......

Note: Ye offer Pakistan me Umr bhar k liye hy.........aur ap sab ka package zabardati Activate kya gaya hy.........

Last edited by a moderator:

Aamir Malik1

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
BHUTTO was a great leader; his personal life was his own

Who gave u atomic power? who gave you constitution? who gave you identity?? who tried best for Muslim power? who built in us the labor and student unions and defended their rights? The one and only GREAT ZA BHUTTO

DARKEST is undoubtbly General zia-ul-haq; he gave us afghan war, taliban, kalashankof, heroin and built in the bradrism, parties like mqm, pml n and destroyed Pakistan as a whole

BY THE WAY THAT'S ALL PAST AND NOW I AM ONLY A PTI SUPPORTER

Altaf Lutfi

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
On the side lines of Shimla accord, verbal understanding was reached by Indra and Bhutto on Kashmir issue, too. Both shared opinion that a written accord could unleash popular rebellion against them in their respective countries, for Kashmir sale-out. Bhutto was also nervous of General's reaction. Mr.Aziz Ahmad, experienced senior bureaucrat negotiated details of understanding with Indian officials. At one point, Mr.Aziz refused to tow Indian insistence on replacing "cease fire line" into "Line of Control" because he knew the dangerous future implications of that against Pakistan's interest. Mr.Bhutto intervened and advised Aziz to accept Indian view as he had agreed with Indira.

The important points of that understanding were:-

1. Both sides will refrain from issuing inflammatory statements on the issue.
2. Cease Fire Line will be gradually turned into Line of Control, without official announcement.
3. Both sides will work to ease movement of Kashmiris on both sides of the border.
4. Trade between both Kashmirs will be gradually increased.

I believe the understanding between both leaders went well as the officials on both sides acted in required direction without any tragedy and "Line of Control" is the term in use by politicians and media on both sides for decades.

At present the leadership of his PPP is working 24/7 to tighten noose around necks of so called Bombay Blast culprits and Pakistan shares positive notes with Indians on the subject, following US diktat. We can expect trial of freedom fighters soon. If PPP succeeds in breaking back of Jihadis this time, it will be a great gift by PPP jiayals to India.

Last edited:

Mughal1

bhutto, had his plan succeeded, muslims would have been one today. he had his eyes set on unity of muslims. he was caught by enemies and so they turned the table. he also made odd bad mistakes but that's reality of life, you win some and you lose some. major leaders gain big and lose big.

Nice2MU

President (40k+ posts)

Can you define "Nationalist" in term of the Division of Pakistan into Two? He was "Nationalists" only for himself.

Whatever character e.g. Nationalist, Genius etc etc. he had, was just for his Power. He and his daughter were power hunger and to meet that hunger they could go to any extent. Mr Bhutto fought war India while his daughter give the informations of the Leaders of Khalistan Movement to Indians.

Nice2MU

President (40k+ posts)
bhutto, had his plan succeeded, muslims would have been one today. he had his eyes set on unity of muslims. he was caught by enemies and so they turned the table. he also made odd bad mistakes but that's reality of life, you win some and you lose some. major leaders gain big and lose big.

The person who couldn't keep united his own country due to his hunger for power, how can you expect the unity of Muslim from him? Don't you know the history?

AshRay

Senator (1k+ posts)
Can you define "Nationalist" in term of the Division of Pakistan into Two? He was "Nationalists" only for himself.

Whatever character e.g. Nationalist, Genius etc etc. he had, was just for his Power. He and his daughter were power hunger and to meet that hunger they could go to any extent. Mr Bhutto fought war India while his daughter give the informations of the Leaders of Khalistan Movement to Indians.

My dear, we are not discussing here Benazir, who was nothing while comparing her with Z A Bhutto. Division of Pakistan, was not an overnight development; many plans, policies, factors and reasons were there for that misfortune. And nationalist means a person who never compromise on his identity while being a Pakistani & he never had that inferiority complex of being a Pakistani on international forums and dealings; whereas almost all of the lot that came before or after him were there only to please their masters and many of them used to lick their boots for just their personal interests...

don't take me as his fan or something..... he has a lot darker facets of his personality, but we can;t deny of his traits as well. I AM HERE TO PROPOSE THE BEST NAME AS I THOUGHT FOR THE SAID TROPHY .... SHAREEF & Co :)

AshRay

Senator (1k+ posts)
You quoted right. He was a mixture. Even today if we compare him i can say that he is Kaana Raja among Andhy(Blinds)

in a democratic system like Pakistan continuity is must. Hopefully PPP will not be in position to form the next government so get eliminated. and like wise other non performers in future.
The way with which ZAB started his career in politics had surely given us a good leaders if were not interrupted by ZIA.

100 % agreed

Very True on Bhutto, Bhutto family needs power at any cost and Nusrat Bhutto used to say Bhutto Khandan Hukmarani kay liye paida huway hain kitnay mar khup gaya magar ab bhi Kursi Khuppay...

GreenMaple

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
Well said. Few other famous quotes of Bhutto:

On E. Pakistan after 1970 elections; "Udher tum, idhar hum", and "whosoever goes to Dhaka, I will break his legs". So much for his partriotic and democratic values.

On Ahmed Kasuri's murder, he told court that he ordered his security agencies to 'eliminate him' (Kasuri that is), and later told court that he meant 'eliminate politically' only. The court observation was that Bhutto was a 'compulsive liar'.

He indeed wad a dark character, and an anti-state stooge.

Mughal1

The person who couldn't keep united his own country due to his hunger for power, how can you expect the unity of Muslim from him? Don't you know the history?

Dear nice2mu, country was not broken by bhuto but seed was sown long before that thanks to our clever mullahs. Learn about recommendation of parwez and see what happened when his idea were ignored at the time. Had islam as understood by parwez been adopted at the time later things could not have come about. There are lots of things muslims of pakistan do not know and they do not want to know.

We were supposed to build pakistan along ideas of sir syed, iqbal, jinnah and parwez and not only do that but make amendments even in their ideas where they had not yet understood things in detail instead we let mullahs take over things and so it was their dictated agenda that let pakistan down. Had they not demanded backward concept of islam be implemented there would not have come about divide between mullahs and secularists.

A person who has little understanding of the quran and wants to stick to his nonsense and calls it islam is always going to cause problems for muslims but if muslim nation does not educate itself to realise this then it will get what is coming for it.

Even today I can see very clearly that if we really understand the quran there is no force in the world that can stand in our way. Unfortunately we have turned ruler worshippers and priest worshippers and money lender worshippers instead of turning into people of Allah. All we do is call ourselves muslims the while thinking and doing all that nonmuslims think and do.

I do not look at things in isolation, they have background and a context.

Please go through my posts when you have some time on your hands.

regards and all the best.

Last edited:

Nice2MU

President (40k+ posts)
Dear nice2mu, country was not broken by bhuto but seed was sown long before that thanks to our clever mullahs. Learn about recommendation of parwez and see what happened when his idea were ignored at the time. Had islam as understood by parwez been adopted at the time later things could not have come about. There are lots of things muslims of pakistan do not know and they do not want to know.

We were supposed to build pakistan along ideas of sir syed, iqbal, jinnah and parwez and not only do that but make amendments even in their ideas where they had not yet understood things in detail instead we let mullahs take over things and so it was their dictated agenda that let pakistan down. Had they not demanded backward concept of islam be implemented there would not have come about divide between mullahs and secularists.

A person who has little understanding of the quran and wants to stick to his nonsense and calls it islam is always going to cause problems for muslims but if muslim nation does not educate itself to realise this then it will get what is coming for it.

Even today I can see very clearly that if we really understand the quran there is no force in the world that can stand in our way. Unfortunately we have turned ruler worshippers and priest worshippers and money lender worshippers instead of turning into people of Allah. All we do is call ourselves muslims the while thinking and doing all that nonmuslims think and do.

I do not look at things in isolation, they have background and a context.

Please go through my posts when you have some time on your hands.

regards and all the best.

All you had mentioned is nothing to do with the ambitions of Z.A. Bhutto. Even few days back, I was watching Mustaf Khar, the then close friend of Bhutto, also accepted that both Bhutto and Sh Mujeeb wanted Power and they were not agreeing on less than it.

Though I hate both but I am more biased towards Bhutto because Sh. Mujeeb had won more seats and democratically he had the right to govern but Bhutto and Yahya didn't want it. So you must give him, his due "Credit" in dividing the country into two. If you don't give then you are hiding your eyes from the facts. I have many questions on his style of govt. as well in which he did nothing but just use the force everywhere to ensure his power only.

The unity of Muslim Ummah is also nothing more than a myth and a political slogan. I can give you many arguments but I don't to prolong this discussion.