Ye Faqeer Kon Hai Kya Kehta Hai - Abdul Qadir Hassan

Pakistani1947

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Don't play around with Quran and Sunnah by asking questions based on your own assumption about Hadith e Nabawi (pbuh). I have already provided you references of two great experts of Quran and Sunnah regarding the subject in discussion.Read my post again and see your contradiction.

About Kashaf and Ilham

Don't run here and there. Stick to the topic of thread. First let us discuss concept of Kashaf then I will teach you about the verses which you did copy-paste in your post.

I am presenting you clear verses of Quraan and you are comming back with human opinions.

I can only pray for you if clear Quraanic verses were not sufficient to soften your heart.

Knowledge Seeker

Senator (1k+ posts)
I am presenting you clear verses of Quraan and you are comming back with human opinions.

I can only pray for you if clear Quraanic verses were not sufficient to soften your heart.

you are actually denying kashaf based on your opinion if you are truthful about your stand then bring me references from any classical tafasir since early centuries till today where concept of Kashaf was rejected based on the verses of Quran presented by you??????

Mind you that Qadiani group also present verses of Quran with their self-made interpretation so try to be sensible and don't bring your self-made theories about the verses of Quran to reject the beliefs of Muslims.

Pakistani1947

you are actually denying kashaf based on your opinion if you are truthful about your stand then bring me references from any classical tafasir since early centuries till today where concept of Kashaf was rejected based on the verses of Quran presented by you??????

Mind you that Qadiani group also present verses of Quran with their self-made interpretation so try to be sensible and don't bring your self-made theories about the verses of Quran to reject the beliefs of Muslims.

إِنَّ اللَّهَ عِندَهُ عِلْمُ السَّاعَةِ وَيُنَزِّلُ الْغَيْثَ وَيَعْلَمُ مَا فِي الْأَرْحَامِ ۖ وَمَا تَدْرِي نَفْسٌ مَّاذَا تَكْسِبُ غَدًا ۖ وَمَا تَدْرِي نَفْسٌ بِأَيِّ أَرْضٍ تَمُوتُ ۚ إِنَّ اللَّهَ عَلِيمٌ خَبِيرٌ
Yusuf Ali 34: Verily the knowledge of the Hour is with Allah (alone). It is He Who sends down rain, and He Who knows what is in the wombs. Nor does any one know what it is that he will earn on the morrow: Nor does any one know in what land he is to die. Verily with Allah is full knowledge and He is acquainted (with all things).(Qur'aan 31:34)
بے شک الله ہی کو قیامت کی خبر ہے اور وہی مینہ برساتا ہے اور وہی جانتا ہے جو کچھ ماؤں کے پیٹوں میں ہوتا ہے اور کوئی نہیں جانتا کہ کل کیا کرے گا اور کوئی نہیں جانتا کہ کس زمین پر مرے گا بے شک الله جاننے والا خبردار ہے

Narrated Abdullah: Allah's Apostle said, "The key of the Unseen are five: Verily with Allah (Alone) is the knowledge of the Hour He sends down the rain and knows what is in the wombs. No soul knows what it will earn tomorrow, and no soul knows in what land it will die. Verily, Allah is All-Knower, All-Aware." (31:34) (Sahih Bukhari Book #60, Hadith #151)

Narrated Masruq: I said to 'Aisha, "O Mother! Did Prophet Muhammad see his Lord?" Aisha said, "What you have said makes my hair stand on end ! Know that if somebody tells you one of the following three things, he is a liar: Whoever tells you that Muhammad saw his Lord, is a liar." Then Aisha recited the Verse: 'No vision can grasp Him, but His grasp is over all vision. He is the Most Courteous Well-Acquainted with all things.' (6.103) 'It is not fitting for a human being that Allah should speak to him except by inspiration or from behind a veil.' (42.51) 'Aisha further said, "And whoever tells you that the Prophet knows what is going to happen tomorrow, is a liar." She then recited: 'No soul can know what it will earn tomorrow.' (31:34) She added: "And whoever tell you that he concealed (some of Allah's orders), is a liar." Then she recited: 'O Apostle! Proclaim (the Message) which has been sent down to you from your Lord..' (5.67) 'Aisha added. "But the Prophet saw Gabriel in his true form twice." (Shaih Bukhari, Book #60, Hadith #378)

Knowledge Seeker

Senator (1k+ posts)
إِنَّ اللَّهَ عِندَهُ عِلْمُ السَّاعَةِ وَيُنَزِّلُ الْغَيْثَ وَيَعْلَمُ مَا فِي الْأَرْحَامِ ۖ وَمَا تَدْرِي نَفْسٌ مَّاذَا تَكْسِبُ غَدًا ۖ وَمَا تَدْرِي نَفْسٌ بِأَيِّ أَرْضٍ تَمُوتُ ۚ إِنَّ اللَّهَ عَلِيمٌ خَبِيرٌ
Yusuf Ali 34: Verily the knowledge of the Hour is with Allah (alone). It is He Who sends down rain, and He Who knows what is in the wombs. Nor does any one know what it is that he will earn on the morrow: Nor does any one know in what land he is to die. Verily with Allah is full knowledge and He is acquainted (with all things).(Qur'aan 31:34)
بے شک الله ہی کو قیامت کی خبر ہے اور وہی مینہ برساتا ہے اور وہی جانتا ہے جو کچھ ماؤں کے پیٹوں میں ہوتا ہے اور کوئی نہیں جانتا کہ کل کیا کرے گا اور کوئی نہیں جانتا کہ کس زمین پر مرے گا بے شک الله جاننے والا خبردار ہے

Narrated Abdullah: Allah's Apostle said, "The key of the Unseen are five: Verily with Allah (Alone) is the knowledge of the Hour He sends down the rain and knows what is in the wombs. No soul knows what it will earn tomorrow, and no soul knows in what land it will die. Verily, Allah is All-Knower, All-Aware." (31:34) (Sahih Bukhari Book #60, Hadith #151)

Narrated Masruq: I said to 'Aisha, "O Mother! Did Prophet Muhammad see his Lord?" Aisha said, "What you have said makes my hair stand on end ! Know that if somebody tells you one of the following three things, he is a liar: Whoever tells you that Muhammad saw his Lord, is a liar." Then Aisha recited the Verse: 'No vision can grasp Him, but His grasp is over all vision. He is the Most Courteous Well-Acquainted with all things.' (6.103) 'It is not fitting for a human being that Allah should speak to him except by inspiration or from behind a veil.' (42.51) 'Aisha further said, "And whoever tells you that the Prophet knows what is going to happen tomorrow, is a liar." She then recited: 'No soul can know what it will earn tomorrow.' (31:34) She added: "And whoever tell you that he concealed (some of Allah's orders), is a liar." Then she recited: 'O Apostle! Proclaim (the Message) which has been sent down to you from your Lord..' (5.67) 'Aisha added. "But the Prophet saw Gabriel in his true form twice." (Shaih Bukhari, Book #60, Hadith #378)

Your above references are not rejecting the concept of kashaf. Actually,You are diverting this discussion into another subject which is about the claim of someone to have knowledge of unseen without any source. We are discussing here Kashaf which is granted by Allah to his beloved people.

Try to understand my post before giving response. Haven't my references explain that Allah provide the knowledge in Kashaf??? Let me repeat my references again about this concept so you might understand this time. try to stick to the concept of Kashaf and don't copy-paste irrelevant information.

Now coming back to the concept of kashaf, first check out the following quote of your salafi sheikh who had to admit the existence of the concept of Kashaf in Islam despite of being expressing his hatred against Sufism.

Spiritual kashf only happens to the close friends (awliya) of Allaah who establish shareeah and venerate it. It is known that the Sufis do not do that. What happened to Umar, although it is correct to describe it as kashf, was spiritual kashf.

Source

Just in case if English language is the barrier for you to understand the matter, let me give you some facts in Urdu so you could understand what Muslim experts of Quran and Sunnah in past centuries commented regarding the concept of Kashaf and Ilham.

حضرت انس بن مالک (رضی الله عنہہ ) بیان کرتے ہیں کہ رسول الله (صلی الله علیہ وسلم ) نے فرمایا

نیک شخص کا اچھا خواب نبوت کے چھیالیس اجزاء میں سے ایک ہے
(صحیح البخاری : ٦٩٨٣ ، صحیح مسلم : ٢٢٦٤ )

علامہ ابن ہجر عسقلانی لکھتے ہیں

بکثرت اولیاء الله نے غیب کی خبریں دیں اور ان کی دی ہوئی خبروں کے مطابق مستقبل میں واقعیات ہوۓ اس کا جواب یہ ہے کہ خواب کا ذکر اس لئے فرمایا تاکہ یہ معلوم ہو کہ عام مسلمانوں کو بھی مستقبل کی باتیں معلوم ہو جاتی ہیں اور الہام تو صرف خواص مومنین کو ہوتا ہے اور وہ ہے بھی نادر اور خواب بکثرت واقع ہوتا ہے. رسول الله (صلی الله علیہ وسلم ) کے زمانے میں الہام بہت نادر تھا کیونکہ وحی کا غلبہ تھا اور جب آپ کے وصال کے بعد وحی منقطع ہو گئی تو جن مومنین کو الله نے خاص کر لیا تھا ان پر الہام بکثرت ہونے لگا کیونکہ اب اس کا وحی سے اشتباہ نہیں ہو سکتا تھا اور جو شخص الہام کا انکار کرتا ہے یہ اس کی ہٹ دھرمی ہے کیونکہ اس کا وقوع بہت زیادہ ہے اور بہت مشهور ہے
(فتح الباری : جلد ١٢،صفہ ٣٧٥)

علامہ بیضاوی لکھتے ہیں

ہدایت کی چوتھی قسم یہ ہے کہ الله ان کے قلوب پر وحی یا الہام اور سچے خوابوں کے ذریے اسرار کو منکشف فرما دیتا ہے اور اشیاء کی واقعی حقیقتوں کا ان کو مشاہدہ کرا دیتا ہے اور یہ قسم صرف نبیوں اور ولیوں کے ساتھ خاص ہے اور اسے صرف وہ ہی حاصل کر سکتے ہیں
(تفسیر بیضاوی : جلد ١، صفہ ٩)

آخر میں دعا ہے کہ الله آپ کو سمجھ اور ہدایت عطا فرمایے

Pakistani1947

Your above references are not rejecting the concept of kashaf. Actually,You are diverting this discussion into another subject which is about the claim of someone to have knowledge of unseen without any source. We are discussing here Kashaf which is granted by Allah to his beloved people.

Try to understand my post before giving response. Haven't my references explain that Allah provide the knowledge in Kashaf??? Let me repeat my references again about this concept so you might understand this time. try to stick to the concept of Kashaf and don't copy-paste irrelevant information.

No, I am not deviating the discussion. As I earlier mentioned, According to Sufis, Kashf describes the state of experiencing a personal divine revelation after ascending through spiritual struggles, and uncovering the heart in order to allow divine truths to pour into it. Sufis claims familiarity with things unseen behind the veils.

The concept of Kashf indicates the ability to “know” the unknowable. According to the Qur’an, knowledge of the unseen is a power that should belong solely to Allah. Thus, if Kashf supposedly allows Sufis to lift all veils and directly encounter the unseen and unknowable (the Divine Mysteries), then it contradict the teachings of the Qur’an.

Please first you deny the following so called abilities of your Sufis then we can further continue the discussion:

-
Sufis claims familiarity with things unseen behind the veils.

-
The concept of Kashf indicates the ability to “know” the unknowable.

Narrated Masruq: I said to 'Aisha, "O Mother! Did Prophet Muhammad see his Lord?" Aisha said, "What you have said makes my hair stand on end ! Know that if somebody tells you one of the following three things, he is a liar: Whoever tells you that Muhammad saw his Lord, is a liar." Then Aisha recited the Verse: 'No vision can grasp Him, but His grasp is over all vision. He is the Most Courteous Well-Acquainted with all things.' (6.103) 'It is not fitting for a human being that Allah should speak to him except by inspiration or from behind a veil.' (42.51) 'Aisha further said, "And whoever tells you that the Prophet knows what is going to happen tomorrow, is a liar." She then recited: 'No soul can know what it will earn tomorrow.' (31:34) She added: "And whoever tell you that he concealed (some of Allah's orders), is a liar." Then she recited: 'O Apostle! Proclaim (the Message) which has been sent down to you from your Lord..' (5.67) 'Aisha added. "But the Prophet saw Gabriel in his true form twice." (Shaih Bukhari, Book #60, Hadith
#378)

Read the following part of above Hadeeth again if our beloved Prophet صلی اللہ علیہ وآلہ وسلم did know what is going to happen tomorrow how can your so called Awliyas can claim this ability:

'Aisha further said, "And whoever tells you that the Prophet knows what is going to happen tomorrow, is a liar." She then recited: 'No soul can know what it will earn tomorrow.' (31:34) (Shaih Bukhari, Book #60, Hadith
#378)

Last edited:

Knowledge Seeker

Senator (1k+ posts)
No, I am not deviating the discussion.

Yes, you are again taking it to different direction. Whether someone misuses the term of Kashaf or not that is not the subject right now. Let me make it easy for you.

I asked you earlier the following:

Originally Posted by Knowledge Seeker
What about concept of Kashaf (کشف), Do you believe that it is permissible according to Islam???

Try to respond in your own words precisely and please avoid the usage of your copy-paste skills.

Then you replied:

Originally Posted by Pakistani1947
The concept of Kashf has nothing to do with Islam. It is actually a Sufi concept.

In fact, You have not yet concentrated on my post in your above reply and just kept posting irrelevant material.

Keep in mind it is not about what Sufi or non-Sufi believes about kashaf, but we need to concentrate first on the concept of Kashaf with principle.

I have given you two references of the great experts of Quran and Sunnah which are directly focused on Concept of Kashaf and even one reference I gave is of your Salafi Shiekh and all of them have admitted that the concept of Kashaf is permissible in Islam.

On the other hand, you have not provided even any single reference where concept of Kashaf is being directly addressed and rejected. So now, take your time and prove your claim which you had made earlier that this concept has nothing to do with Islam?????

Again, Don't paste irrelevant stuff and post something directly associated to concept of Kashaf.

Pakistani1947

Yes, you are again taking it to different direction. Whether someone misuses the term of Kashaf or not that is not the subject right now. Let me make it easy for you.

I asked you earlier the following:

Then you replied:

In fact, You have not yet concentrated on my post in your above reply and just kept posting irrelevant material.

Keep in mind it is not about what Sufi or non-Sufi believes about kashaf, but we need to concentrate first on the concept of Kashaf with principle.

I have given you two references of the great experts of Quran and Sunnah which are directly focused on Concept of Kashaf and even one reference I gave is of your Salafi Shiekh and all of them have admitted that the concept of Kashaf is permissible in Islam.

On the other hand, you have not provided even any single reference where concept of Kashaf is being directly addressed and rejected. So now, take your time and prove your claim which you had made earlier that this concept has nothing to do with Islam?????

Again, Don't paste irrelevant stuff and post something directly associated to concept of Kashaf.

Do not try to be arrogant as usually Sufis and other blind followers of Peers do when they can't not justify their Peers believes throuh Quraan and authentic Hadeeths. Do not ever give me any opinion of any Salafi Shiekh. I do not care about any Salafi Shiekh. All I care is Quraan and authentic Hadeeths.

Please first answer following so called abilities of your Sufis then we can further continue the discussion:

-
Sufis claims familiarity with things unseen behind the veils. Answer me, Yes or No

-
The concept of Kashf indicates the ability to “know” the unknowable. Answer me, Yes or No

Knowledge Seeker

Senator (1k+ posts)
Do not try to be arrogant as usually Sufis and other blind followers of Peers do when they can't not justify their Peers believes throuh Quraan and authentic Hadeeths. Do not ever give me any opinion of any Salafi Shiekh. I do not care about any Salafi Shiekh. All I care is Quraan and authentic Hadeeths.

Again you are running here and there. Just prove your strange claim that the concept of Kashaf has nothing to do with Islam. You have yet failed to produce any reference to negate the concept of Kashaf and Alhamdulillah, I have provided you valid references directly related to the permissibility of concept of Kashaf.

Interesting to know that you want to stick with your ignorant claim and don't even want to listen your salafi shiekh now. Finally, you seem hopeless and helpless to bring any valid reference to reject the kashaf.

modern fakir

MPA (400+ posts)
Pakistan1947 ...you can come up here and drivel as much as you like...but no one is going to listen to you...BECAUSE UR LOGIC DOESNT MAKE SENSE ..HERE READ ABOUT AWLIYA ALLAH ...may Allah Guide you..

WHO ARE THE AWLIYA (FRIENDS OF ALLAH) ?

Introduction

Wilayat (Sainthood) is a very special rank and position of acceptance given by
Allah (Subhanahu wa Ta'ala) to His beloved servants. A Wali is a pious Muslim
who attains this position of wilayat. Wilayat is deduced from the root word
Wila, which means closeness. Some attain this position due to their sincere
devotion and worship. Some attain this position from birth, but ultimately, it
depends on Allahs mercy and kindness. Wilayat is a shadow of Nabuwat
(Prophethood). A Wali, no matter how great his status, cannot reach the status
of a Prophet or a Sahaabi (companions of the Beloved Prophet (Salla Allahu
ta'ala Alayhi wa Sallam
). All the Awliya Allah belong to the Ahl as-Sunnah
wal Jamaat, and anyone belonging to any other sect cannot be Awliya because
they have beliefs contrary to the teachings of Sayyadina Rasoolallah (Salla
Allahu ta'ala Alayhi wa Sallam
). The following narration explains the status
of the Awliya:

Hadrat Umar (Radi Allahu ta'ala Anhu) said:

I heard the Beloved Prophet (Salla Allahu ta'ala Alayhi wa Sallam)saying
that there will be certain worshippers of Allah who will not be Prophets, nor
martyrs, but the Prophets and martyrs will envy them on the Day of
Judgement.

The Companions then asked, O Prophet of Allah, who are these people?

Then the Most Beloved Prophet (Salla Allahu ta'ala Alayhi wa Sallam)
explained to them the qualities of the Awliya. The Prophet (Salla Allahu ta'ala
Alayhi wa Sallam
) read to them the verse:

Beware, verily on the friends of Allah, there is no fear, nor shall they grieve.
(Surah Yunus, Verse 62)

There are two types of Wilayat:

1) Wilayat-e-Amma (general closeness to Allah) This is the closeness
of Allah to every believer, as Allah declares in the Qur'an al-Kareem:
We are closer to him, than his own jugular vein.
(Surah Al-Kaaf, Verse 16)

2) Wilayat-e-Khaas (special closeness to Allah) This closeness is
exclusive to the Awliya. This is a speciality of those who have traveled
on the path of Tasawwuf, and attained nearness to Allah. This is
declared in a Hadith-e-Quddsi, where Allah says to the Most Beloved
Prophet (Salla Allahu ta'ala Alayhi wa Sallam), Among the things
that bring My servant close to Me, the ones I love best, are the things
that I have made fard (compulsory). When My servant does nafil
ibaadat (optional prayer), he gets very close to Me. So much so, that
I love him very much. When I love Him, I become his hearing ear,
seeing eye, holding hand, and walking foot. I give him whatever he
wishes. When he invokes Me for help, I protect him.

Allahs closeness is not like material closeness that can be understood by
reason, or perceived through the sense organs. It can only be comprehended
through the knowledge of Marifa (gnosis) bestowed by Allah upon the Awliya.
From the Awliya of all the ummahs (of the previous Prophets), the greatest
Awliya are from the ummah of Sayidina Rasoolallah (Salla Allahu ta'ala Alayhi
wa Sallam
). There have been Awliya Allah in every era and there will always be
Awliya Allah in every era. However, their recognition may be difficult.

The Qur'an al-kareem divides those that are favoured by Allah into 4 groups:

a) The Prophets This cycle has ended after the appearance of Sayyadina
Rasoolallah (Salla Allahu ta'ala Alayhi wa Sallam).

b) The Siddeeq (The Truthful) This rank is next after the Prophets. The
greatest Siddeeq was Hadrat Abu Bakr (Radi Allahu ta'ala Anhu). The
meaning of Siddeeq is Truth. Such a person recognizes truth in all its
manifestations.

c) The Shuhada (Martyrs) One need not actually be killed in the
battlefield to prove ones self as shaheed (martyr). One in this stage
feels satisfied by sacrificing everything that he has for the Creator.

d) The Salih (Pious) This is the lower grade that one can attain by
devotional activities. In this stage, one cleanses himself from all
spiritual impurities such as jealousy, hatred, hypocrisy etc.

From the Awliya of the ummah of Sayyadina Rasoolallah (Salla Allahu ta'ala
Alayhi wa Sallam
), the most superior Awliya are the four Khulafa-e-Rashideen
(The Righteously guided Caliphs), namely Hadrat Abu Bakr Siddique (Radi
Allahu ta'ala Anhu)
, Hadrat Umar Farooq (Radi Allahu ta'ala Anhu), Hadrat
Uthman Ghani (Radi Allahu ta'ala Anhu), and Hadrat Ali Murtaza (Radi Allahu
ta'ala Anhu)
, and then all the other Sahaba. All the Sahaba were Awliya, BUT
all Awliya are not Sahaaba.

Amongst the Awliya are the following groups:

• <LI class=MsoNormal>At any given time, there are 4000 Awliya living on Earth. They are not
    recognized by the general public. In fact, amongst them, one does not
    know the other, and they themselves are not aware of the validity of their
    actions and devotion.
    <LI class=MsoNormal>300 from this group are statesman, involved in the administration of this
    world. They control all transactions that take place. They are known as
    the Akhyaar.
    <LI class=MsoNormal>Amongst these 300, 40 are known as Abdaal. <LI class=MsoNormal>Amongst the 40, 7 are Abraar. <LI class=MsoNormal>Amongst this 7, 4 are Autaad. <LI class=MsoNormal>Amongst these 4, 3 are Noqabah.
  • From these 3, 1 is the Ghaus or Qutub. He is the most senior of them
    all, and head of the spiritual assembly.

In reference to the Abdaals, Imam At-Tabarani (Radi Allahu ta'ala Anhu)
quotes a Hadith Shareef in which the Beloved Prophet (Salla Allahu ta'ala
Alayhi wa Sallam
) declares, There will always exist 40 persons on the Earth,
each of whom is blessed like Hadrat Ebrahim (Alaihis Salaam). It rains because
of their barakah. Allah appoints another when one of them dies.

In another Hadith Shareef, Abu Naeem (Radi Allahu ta'ala Anhu) reports that
the Beloved Prophet (Salla Allahu ta'ala Alayhi wa Sallam) said, There
always exist 40 persons among my ummah. Their hearts are like that of Hadrat
Ebrahim (Alaihis Salaam). Allah Taaala redeems His human servants from
disasters for their sake. They are called Abdaal. They do not attain to that
degree by performing salaah, fasting, or giving zakaah.

Ibn Masud (Radi Allahu ta'ala Anhu) asked, Ya Rasoolallah (Salla Allahu
ta'ala Alayhi wa Sallam
), by what means do they attain that degree?

They attain it by being generous, and by advising muslims, said the Beloved
Prophet (Salla Allahu ta'ala Alayhi wa Sallam).

Do remember that although all the Awliya Allah are equal as far as Wilayah is
concerned, they differ as far as status is concerned.

Please first answer following so called abilities of your Sufis then we can further continue the discussion:

- Sufis claims familiarity with things unseen behind the veils. Answer me, Yes or No

-
The concept of Kashf indicates the ability to know the unknowable. Answer me, Yes or No

Pakistani1947

Wilayat is a shadow of Nabuwat
(Prophethood).

Please provide any authentic Hadeeth to justify your claim that Wilayat is shadow of Prophethood.

The following narration explains the status
of the Awliya:

Hadrat Umar (Radi Allahu ta'ala Anhu) said:

“I heard the Beloved Prophet (Salla Allahu ta'ala Alayhi wa Sallam)saying
that there will be certain worshippers of Allah who will not be Prophets, nor
martyrs, but the Prophets and martyrs will envy them on the Day of
Judgement.”

The Companions then asked, “O Prophet of Allah, who are these people?”

Then the Most Beloved Prophet (Salla Allahu ta'ala Alayhi wa Sallam)
explained to them the qualities of the Awliya. The Prophet (Salla Allahu ta'ala
Alayhi wa Sallam
) read to them the verse:

“Beware, verily on the friends of Allah, there is no fear, nor shall they grieve.”
(Surah Yunus, Verse 62)

Please provide the source of above narration. For example, whether you are quoting this narration from Sahih Bukhari or Sahih Hadeeth, if yes, then provide the Book# Hadeeth# etc.

There are two types of Wilayat:

1)Wilayat-e-Amma (general closeness to Allah) – This is the closeness
of Allah to every believer, as Allah declares in the Qur'an al-Kareem:
“We are closer to him, than his own jugular vein.”
(Surah Al-Kaaf, Verse 16)

Following is the complete translation of Surah Qaf, 50:16 :

وَلَقَدْ خَلَقْنَا الْإِنسَانَ وَنَعْلَمُ مَا تُوَسْوِسُ بِهِ نَفْسُهُ ۖ وَنَحْنُ أَقْرَبُ إِلَيْهِ مِنْ حَبْلِ الْوَرِيدِ

Yusuf Ali 16: It was We Who created man, and We know what dark suggestions his soul makes to him: for We are nearer to him than (his) jugular vein.

Shakir 16: And certainly We created man, and We know what his mind suggests to him, and We are nearer to him than his life-vein.

Pickthal 16: We verily created man and We know what his soul whispereth to him, and We are nearer to him than his jugular vein.

Mohsin Khan: 16: And indeed We have created man, and We know what his ownself whispers to him. And We are nearer to him than his jugular vein (by Our Knowledge).
اور بے شک ہم نے انسان کو پیدا کیا اور ہم جانتے ہیں جو وسوسہ اس کے دل میں گزرتا ہے اور ہم اس سے اس کی رگ گلو سے بھی زیادہ قریب ہیں

This verses is clearly general and is for all "Insan" (انسان). But if you insist to use it specifically for Walis only then you need to provide authentic Hadeeth to support your claim.

It is enough for now as I do not have time to read your stories.

Last edited:

Knowledge Seeker

Senator (1k+ posts)
[MENTION=4976]pakistani[/MENTION]1947,

Don`t worry and take your time to get some evidences to prove your claim if you can. I just want to give you advice that be careful next time when commenting in connection to Islam if your ego is not allowing you to admit your mistake of wrong claim against concept of Kashaf then don`t even mention it here but please do ask forgiveness to Allah about your wrong opposition regarding Kashaf.

Again you are running here and there. Just prove your strange claim that the concept of Kashaf has nothing to do with Islam. You have yet failed to produce any reference to negate the concept of Kashaf and Alhamdulillah, I have provided you valid references directly related to the permissibility of concept of Kashaf.

Interesting to know that you want to stick with your ignorant claim and don't even want to listen your salafi shiekh now. Finally, you seem hopeless and helpless to bring any valid reference to reject the kashaf.

Pakistani1947

Just prove your strange claim that the concept of Kashaf has nothing to do with Islam.

Kashf: The literal meaning of Kashf is unveiling but in Sufi terminology it means to expose the heart to metaphysical revelation or in other words have independent knowledge of Ghaib. This Sufi believe is against Islam. According to Quraan:

قُل لَّا أَقُولُ لَكُمْ عِندِي خَزَائِنُ اللَّهِ وَلَا أَعْلَمُ الْغَيْبَ وَلَا أَقُولُ لَكُمْ إِنِّي مَلَكٌ ۖ إِنْ أَتَّبِعُ إِلَّا مَا يُوحَىٰ إِلَيَّ ۚ قُلْ هَلْ يَسْتَوِي الْأَعْمَىٰ وَالْبَصِيرُ ۚ أَفَلَا تَتَفَكَّرُونَ (Al-Anaam,6:50)
Yusuf Ali 50: Say: "I tell you not that with me are the treasures of Allah, nor do I know what is hidden, nor do I tell you I am an angel. I but follow what is revealed to me." Say: "can the blind be held equal to the seeing?" Will ye then consider not? (Al-Anaam,6:50)
کہہ دو میں تم سے یہ نہیں کہتا کہ میرے پاس الله کے خزانے ہیں اور نہ میں غیب کا علم رکھتا ہوں اور نہ یہ کہتا ہوں کہ میں فرشتہ ہوں میں تو صرف اس وحی کی پیروی کرتا ہوں جو مجھ پر نازل کی جاتی ہے کہہ دو کیا اندھا اور آنکھوں والا دونوں برابر ہو سکتے ہیں کیا تم غور نہیں کرتے

مَّا كَانَ اللَّهُ لِيَذَرَ الْمُؤْمِنِينَ عَلَىٰ مَا أَنتُمْ عَلَيْهِ حَتَّىٰ يَمِيزَ الْخَبِيثَ مِنَ الطَّيِّبِ ۗ وَمَا كَانَ اللَّهُ لِيُطْلِعَكُمْ عَلَى الْغَيْبِ وَلَـٰكِنَّ اللَّهَ يَجْتَبِي مِن رُّسُلِهِ مَن يَشَاءُ ۖ فَآمِنُوا بِاللَّهِ وَرُسُلِهِ ۚ وَإِن تُؤْمِنُوا وَتَتَّقُوا فَلَكُمْ أَجْرٌ عَظِيمٌ​
Yusuf Ali 179: Allah will not leave the believers in the state in which ye are now, until He separates what is evil from what is good nor will He disclose to you the secrets of the Unseen. But He chooses of His Messenger. (For the purpose) whom He pleases. So believe in Allah. And His apostles: And if ye believe and do right, ye have a reward without measure.(Qur'aan, Sura al-Imran 3, verse 179)
الله مسلمانوں کو اس حالت پر رکھنا نہیں چاہتا جس پر اب تم ہو جب تک کہ ناپاک کو پاک سے جدا نہ کر دے اورالله کا یہ طریقہ نہیں ہے کہ تمہیں غیب پر مطلع کر دے لیکن الله اپنے رسولوں میں جسے چاہے چن لیتا ہے سو تم الله اور اس کے رسول پر ایمان لاؤ اور پرہیزگاری کرو تو تمہارے لیے بہت بڑا اجر ہے​

Now coming back to the concept of kashaf, first check out the following quote of your salafi sheikh who had to admit the existence of the concept of Kashaf in Islam despite of being expressing his hatred against Sufism.

Spiritual kashf only happens to the close friends (awliya’) of Allaah who establish sharee’ah and venerate it. It is known that the Sufis do not do that. What happened to ‘Umar, although it is correct to describe it as kashf, was spiritual kashf.

First of all, I am very clear about it that it does not matter who is saying but I am only interested in whatever he is saying whether it is supported by Quraan and/or authentic Hadeeth. In Islam a person’s personal opinion has zero value if the opinion is against Quraan and authentic Hadeeth. I never claim to be Salafi and am not follower of any Salafi Sheikh, (I am follower of Quraan and authentic Hadeeths only) so please do not Label me as Salafi or follower of Salfi Sheikh.

Now coming back to your quote, according to you “Salafi Sheikh”. But the same “Salafi Sheikh” says the following wordings within the same sentence:

It is known that the Sufis do not do that (
establishing sharee’ah and venerate it).” Now, tell me would you agree with this Sheikh?

حضرت انس بن مالک (رضی الله عنہہ ) بیان کرتے ہیں کہ رسول الله (صلی الله علیہ وسلم ) نے فرمایا

نیک شخص کا اچھا خواب نبوت کے چھیالیس اجزاء میں سے ایک ہے
(صحیح البخاری : ٦٩٨٣ ، صحیح مسلم : ٢٢٦٤ )

True awliyyah of Allah do not advocate that they receive them unless it was a necessity to narrate it, like the incident with the dream of Imaam Ahmad. False awliyyah advocate them so as to garner a following and through impression

All the other "predictions", for example, Naimat Ullah Shah wali, it is common that a person may find themselves in a dream and are revealed a particular event that can come true. But this mass prediction of what Naimat Ullah Shah wali talking about like wars and stuff,I highly doubt if something like this is encompassed within the Hadeeth itself and Allah knows best.

Furthermore, the context of the Hadeeth, dreams are meant as a (additional) blessing (فضل) for the person who receives it from Allah. It is not taken for anything more than as a (additional) blessing to their own person. This means that the dream was for him and him/her only. Legislation or determining the fate of someone cannot be derived from a dream, much less wars and stuff.

علامہ ابن ہجر عسقلانی لکھتے ہیں

بکثرت اولیاء الله نے غیب کی خبریں دیں اور ان کی دی ہوئی خبروں کے مطابق مستقبل میں واقعیات ہوۓ اس کا جواب یہ ہے کہ خواب کا ذکر اس لئے فرمایا تاکہ یہ معلوم ہو کہ عام مسلمانوں کو بھی مستقبل کی باتیں معلوم ہو جاتی ہیں اور الہام تو صرف خواص مومنین کو ہوتا ہے اور وہ ہے بھی نادر اور خواب بکثرت واقع ہوتا ہے. رسول الله (صلی الله علیہ وسلم ) کے زمانے میں الہام بہت نادر تھا کیونکہ وحی کا غلبہ تھا اور جب آپ کے وصال کے بعد وحی منقطع ہو گئی تو جن مومنین کو الله نے خاص کر لیا تھا ان پر الہام بکثرت ہونے لگا کیونکہ اب اس کا وحی سے اشتباہ نہیں ہو سکتا تھا اور جو شخص الہام کا انکار کرتا ہے یہ اس کی ہٹ دھرمی ہے کیونکہ اس کا وقوع بہت زیادہ ہے اور بہت مشهور ہے
(فتح الباری : جلد ١٢،صفہ ٣٧٥)
This is personal opinion of Alama Ibn-e-Hajr Asqalani, which is against the verses of Quraan I have quoted above. Hence it is not a valid argument.

علامہ بیضاوی لکھتے ہیں

ہدایت کی چوتھی قسم یہ ہے کہ الله ان کے قلوب پر وحی یا الہام اور سچے خوابوں کے ذریے اسرار کو منکشف فرما دیتا ہے اور اشیاء کی واقعی حقیقتوں کا ان کو مشاہدہ کرا دیتا ہے اور یہ قسم صرف نبیوں اور ولیوں کے ساتھ خاص ہے اور اسے صرف وہ ہی حاصل کر سکتے ہیں
(تفسیر بیضاوی : جلد ١، صفہ ٩)

Again, this is personal opinion of Alama Bezawi, which is against the verses of Quraan, I have quoted above. Hence it is not a valid argument.

In short, all I am trying to do is defending the clear verses of Quraan. Whereas you are trying to justify your Peer`s non-Islamic believes through the opinion of personalities other than our beloved Prophet pbuh.

Last edited:

arkadin

This is personal opinion of Alama Ibn-e-Hajr Asqalani, which is against the verses of Quraan I have quoted above. Hence it is not a valid argument.

Again, this is personal opinion of Alama Bezawi, which is against the verses of Quraan, I have quoted above. Hence it is not a valid argument.

In short, all I am trying to do is defending the clear verses of Quraan. Whereas you are trying to justify your Peer`s non-Islamic believes through the opinion of personalities other than our beloved Prophet pbuh.

Salam,
Wow, how conveniently this guy declares the understanding of Islamic scholars of past centuries wrong and mere "personal opinion". I salute you sir for having the courage claiming that you understand Quran and Hadeeth better than Islamic scholars of past many centuries.

Please no fatwa on me; I do not subscribe to believes of Sufis though I do have great respect for those individuals (sufi or not) who follow the path of "Ehsan".
Wasslam