Why did PTI lose badly in Pindi?? Please comment

dukelondon

Senator (1k+ posts)
AoA everyone,

Why did PTI lose so badly in Pindi? Please comment. Why do you think it happened and could they have performed better? What could they have done to perform better? I was definitely not expecting them to win but was expecting them to put up a tough fight. That unfortunately, didn't happen. What could be done to get PTI to perform better in cities like Pindi which have a large number of literate voters.

Thanks

gazoomartian

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
dukelondon said:
AoA everyone,

Why did PTI lose so badly in Pindi? Please comment. Why do you think it happened and could they have performed better? What could they have done to perform better? I was definitely not expecting them to win but was expecting them to put up a tough fight. That unfortunately, didn't happen. What could be done to get PTI to perform better in cities like Pindi which have a large number of literate voters.

Thanks

1. lately I have noticed that IK is running a one man show. I have never seen anyone from the PTI come on TV. But then again I am new in this. Only started taking part on this forum since Dec 24th 2009

2. Increase the exposure of his party. 'distribute' the campaign to party members. Deputize some crook members (I am serious) who knows his rope. IK is too sincere and honest and straight forward. pak is still a child when it comes to democrazy

3. IK repeats the samething on every TV show, namely swiss case, bera gharq, etc

people are looking for something new that would strike their heart not the same ol stuff that people already know

just my 2 cents

sangeen

Minister (2k+ posts)
well imran khan said in Islamabad Tonight that defeating a sitting govt in a bi-election is impossible for the reason being obvious that public think the sitting govt has got all the power to do development work in the area... As the N-League is in Panjab govt and have every power to announce development projects for the city...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The second reason is our voters are not matured enough yet and they vote on the basis of personalities and the influence a person have in the city which i think Ejaz ahmed jazi does'nt...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

peace

Councller (250+ posts)
PTI has a good setup and vision. I think the reason tht PTI did so badly is that our voters stick to their party until death. A leader who sets an example does not matter. These same voters had been voting for Muslim League for many years now. I always knew tht its not easy not just for PTI but in fact for any party to win against NS party, he has a strong hold in Punjab. PTI if stands any chance then the only platform it has some setup in is Punjab but unfortunately Nawaz sahab is not easy to beat.

love Pak

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
IK does not have the qualities of a successful Pakistan Leader. like, Corrupt, Killer, liar, and hypocrite.If he cant develop then he will be doing this [wall] all his life.
Consider the following words of Nabi (sallallahu-alyhi-wasallam) on the relationship between rulers and the ruled: "As you are, so will be the rulers that will be set over you" (Mishkaat). [altaf] [fazl] [zardari] [rehman-malik]

gazoomartian

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
sangeen said:
well imran khan said in Islamabad Tonight that defeating a sitting govt in a bi-election is impossible for the reason being obvious that public think the sitting govt has got all the power to do development work in the area... As the N-League is in Panjab govt and have every power to announce development projects for the city...
The second reason is our voters are not matured enough yet and they vote on the basis of personalities and the influence a person have in the city which i think Ejaz ahmed jazi does'nt...

exactly sangeen

mali70

Citizen
Bringing change from bottom up takes time. Since PPP has not been able to resolve any issues, people went for the second choice. Once they realize both of them failed, they eventually will go for the third choice which naturally is PTI.
PTI need to continue to work hard and look for clean and influential candidates to run against career politicians.
Change is coming. It may take a little longer but it is coming.

Star Gazer

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
I have been repeatedly trying to point out the fact that if IK is being hailed as one person who can bring about the kind of change we are looking for then my question is :
Why does he need people like Jazi etc. to run on PTI tickets? Lets assume for a moment that Jazi had won, what change do we expect from a person of his calibre?
If IK is serious about his policies he needs to work on selecting and training future leaders and good collegues for his party.
I for one will not vote for PTI if the candidate is a run -of -the -old -mill borrowed from another political setup.
One man does not make a party.

Cupertino

Voter (50+ posts)
Not a surprizing result from PTI & JI perspective. I belive that PTI candidate got less than 3% votes. I have been advocating all along that IK should focus on his strengths, i.e., charity work and cricket. He can really make the difference in our society in those two areas and the amount of energy he put in last 12+ years in politics, if those were directed towards charity work then our society would have benefited lot more from his efforts.

Star Gazer

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Lets not take the credit away from IK. He was the first one to raise the Issue of accountability,also the first to start to voice the need to seperate and empower the judiciary. If I am not mistaken he was the one to start the idea of neutral umpires in international cricket and look where we are now,forgotten are thae days when home country used to have their own umpires.
I think Ik is doing a lot of good its just that it is in ways which are subtle and soft.
His ideas will bring change albeit slowly.

tijaz

MPA (400+ posts)
One could judge from people comments on election eve that they are still stuck with the same old rhetoric of loyalty. People are still not aware of power of their vote to bring a change. They have given one chance to Zardari now they are under obligation to grant one to NZ now. Till the people come to realize their problems and value of their vote people like IK would have to wait.

I pray to allah that we donot have to wait too long for this realization to take place as we are running out of time at a very fast pace.

saynotwar

o bHAI IF ITS SO EASY TO MANUPILATE VOTES THEY WHY CAN'T YOU LEARN IT TOO..WHY YOU KEEP CRYING ACCEPT THAT YOU HAVE NO ROOTS IN PAKISTAN PEOPLE OF PAKISTAN HAVE NO TRUST ON YOU PTI IS FINISHED PAKISTAN ONLY BELONGS TO PPP AND PML-N AND THIS IS REALITY YOU CANT RUN AWAY FROM IT JUST JOIN PPP OR PML-N IF YOU WANT TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN PAKISTANI POLITICS AND AFTER THIS VOTE I DON'T THINK SO IMRAN KHAN WILL EVER DEMAND MID TERM ELECTION AGAIN

MY SIMPLE QUESTION SHAIKH RASHEED WAS ANTI GOVERNMENT YOU EVEN FAILED
TO BEAT HIM YOUR CANDIDATE GOT JUST 4000 VOTES! [funnny]

umariqbal

Banned
PTI. lost bcoz the people in Pakistan are full of ignorance and they have lost minds. They are all full of shit as they are the ones who are taking the country to the verge of destructions by their own hands by voting and electing these full of corruption and selfishness and hungry for land order. No one else is blame on the condition our country is right now but the public. Bcoz we are the ones who voted them and the worst thing is we keep electing them.
PAKISTAN AUR IS KEE AWAAM KA ALLAH HEE HAFIZ.

[imran] is leye hamari party har gaye ky un ko log nahe pehchante ky ejaz khan jazi kon hain our pakistan main to jo log ziada paisa lagata hain wahe jeet jata hain our dandle be bi entiha hota hain q k hamari party saaf hain dandle nahe krte inshallah pti 2013 main ek super power bn kr samne aayega our us waqt tak election commision of pakistan b azad hoga [imran] pti zindabad

observer

Citizen
dukelondon said:
AoA everyone,

Thanks

One thing that i can as an NA-55 constituent is that JAZI was not the right candidate to contest from PTI platform. He is exactly the opposite of what PTI and its leader IK stands for..... JAZI doesnt have a good reputation which in turn damaged PTI's reputation in the halqa NA-55 as well. So the choice of candidate could have been much better.

waleed1214

@OBSERVER i totally agree with you, i am a huge supporter of PTI but supporting and voting JAZI was a suicide,as i live in islamabad and most of my freinds are in pindi.they like IK BUT jazi IS A THUG,A KABOOTAR BAAZ AS MY FATHER SAYS!!!

alihbkable

MPA (400+ posts)
LOok Frnz!

PTI lost the election, that is not a bad thing. Parties win and lose. Thatys it!
The reason behind the loss of PTI so badly was not the candidature of Jazi Khan but the real thing is that Pakistani media had highlighted Sheikh Rasheed in such a way that every where on TV, there was nothing but SR. People thought that it is a life and death contest between PMLN and SR. The vote just divided between the two.

In my opinion, media ne halaat aise paida kr diye k just PMLN or SR ka he muqabla rh gya. PPP ne apna candidate khara nahin kiya or uske or baaqi parties k votes SR ne le liye. SR ka apna vote 10000 to 15000 hai. All the votes exceeding this were of JI and PPP and PTI votes.

In a sense what I m trying 2 say is that it bbecame an pro- Nawaz and anti-Nawaz battle and SR portrayed himself as the only true anti-PMLN leader on Earth and got all the anti-Nawaz vote.

Media highlighted SR and that made it a 1 on 1 battle b/w SR and PMLN. Otherwise under normal circumstances all the other parties could have done better.

lastbullet

PTI is nothing without IK.Ita just a one man party.
as long as IMRAN is there they will support TALIBAN , JAMAT, Try to blame every thing on usa.
may be its not the policy of PTI ,BUT as every one knows PTI means ONLY and ONLY IMRAN.
PTI can make ajustment with other parties but as long as IMRAN is there people of pakistan would not dare to support hiss foolish ideas and nobody will accept this ANTI PAKISTAN party.
REMOVE TALIBAN KHAN ,and than try start from scratch to win a local body seat first and than try to think some thing little bigger. may be in 20 years we will see any small ciity nazim from PTI.( but only if IMRAN and his pethetic ideas against pakistan and supprt of zaliman wiped out).