Vande Mataram un-Islamic, BJP Furious

Pakistani Lion

MPA (400+ posts)
http://ibnlive.in.com/news/vande-matram ... ml?from=tn

New Delhi/ Deoband (Uttar Pradesh): Scholars of an Islamic group in Uttar Pradesh on Tuesday passed an edict banning Mataram, Indias national song, saying it is against their religious belief.

The Jamiat-e-Ulema Hind (JEU) passed a resolution at its national convention in Deoband, saying Muslims should not sing the national song as some verses of it are against the tenets of Islam.

Kamal Farooqi, a member of the Mulsim Personal Law Board, told CNN-IBN from Deoband that the fatwa (edict) was consistent with their view that the national song has religious connotations.

The move drew fierce criticism from the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), which termed the move "anti-national". :? :? :? :?

Shahid Ali

Siasat.pk - Blogger
India is a secular state.... Indian constitution is secular....... India will change or amend its national song/anthem.......

foqia khan

MPA (400+ posts)
Lyrics of Vande Mataram
????? ??????
?????? ?????? ???????????
?????????? ?????? ?
????????????????????????????
??????????????????????????
????????? ?????? ???????
?????? ????? ?????? ?? ? ?? ????? ?????? ?
????-????-????-??-??-?????-?????
????-????-?????????-????????,
???? ??? ?? ?? ??? ?
???????????? ????? ???????
????????????? ?????? ?? ? ?? ????? ?????? ?
???? ??????, ???? ????
???? ????, ???? ????
???? ?? ??????: ?????
?????? ???? ?? ?????,
????? ???? ?? ?????,
?????? ??????? ???
???????-??????? ?????? ?? ? ?? ????? ?????? ?
???? ?? ?????? ??????????????
???? ?????????????
???? ????????????, ????? ??????
????? ????? ????? ??????
?????? ?????? ?????? ?? ? ?? ????? ?????? ?
???????? ????? ????????? ???????
????? ????? ?????? ?? ? ?? ????? ?????? ??

Translation by Shree Aurobindo
Mother, I bow to thee!
Rich with thy hurrying streams,
bright with orchard gleams,
Cool with thy winds of delight,
Dark fields waving Mother of might,
Mother free.

Glory of moonlight dreams,
Over thy branches and lordly streams,
Clad in thy blossoming trees,
Mother, giver of ease
Laughing low and sweet!
Mother I kiss thy feet,
Speaker sweet and low!
Mother, to thee I bow.

Who hath said thou art weak in thy lands
When the sword flesh out in the seventy million hands
And seventy million voices roar
Thy dreadful name from shore to shore?
With many strengths who art mighty and stored,
To thee I call Mother and Lord!
Though who savest, arise and save!
To her I cry who ever her foeman drove
Back from plain and Sea
And shook herself free.

Thou art wisdom, thou art law,
Thou art heart, our soul, our breath
Though art love divine, the awe
In our hearts that conquers death.
Thine the strength that nervs the arm,
Thine the beauty, thine the charm.
Every image made divine
In our temples is but thine.

Thou art Durga, Lady and Queen,
With her hands that strike and her
swords of sheen,
Thou art Lakshmi lotus-throned,
And the Muse a hundred-toned,
Pure and perfect without peer,
Mother lend thine ear,
Rich with thy hurrying streams,
Bright with thy orchard gleems,
Dark of hue O candid-fair

In thy soul, with jewelled hair
And thy glorious smile divine,
Lovilest of all earthly lands,
Showering wealth from well-stored hands!
Mother, mother mine!
Mother sweet, I bow to thee,
Mother great and free!

Hindu

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
I am perfectly fine with indian muslim not singing vande matram.I respect their feelings about the song.

There is no reason for bjp to be furious on this.They are completely wrong.

Shahid Ali

Siasat.pk - Blogger
Do you agree that instead of alienating Muslims (and other religion believers) from national anthem there should be a common secular national anthem of India, that connect all you Indians? There are great living legend poets, musicians and singers in India.

desicad

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Yes Panditji, beautifully composed song. Thanks for posting, listened to it after a long time.
Some details:
Film: Anand Math (1952)
Lyrics: Bankim Chandra Chatterjee
Music: Hemant Kumar
Playback: Lata Mangeshkar
Actor: Geeta Bali

[/video]
One more, this one beautifully picturised.
[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6PHJg9D_Sk[/video]

desicad

Shahid Ali said:
Do you agree that instead of alienating Muslims (and other religion believers) from national anthem there should be a common secular national anthem of India, that connect all you Indians? There are great living legend poets, musicians and singers in India.
FYI this is not National Anthem and there is no controversy regarding that. Thanks.

A

arshad_lahore

1100759038-1.gif

Nepali Pandit

MPA (400+ posts)
In 2003, ?BBC World Service conducted an international poll to choose ten most famous songs of all time. Around 7000 songs were selected from all over the world. According to BBC, people from 155 countries/island voted. Vande Mataram was ranked second in the top ten songs.

hnuter555

MPA (400+ posts)
another example of indian hypocracy exposed so called secular country have his anthem based on hindu idelodgy shame on u india

nation1857

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
hnuter555 said:
another example of indian hypocracy exposed so called secular country have his anthem based on hindu idelodgy shame on u india

are u ignorent :o
read earlier posts vande mataram is not a anthem
national anthem is Jan Gan Man
so please do some reading before writing any thing

Nepali Pandit

MPA (400+ posts)
hnuter555 said:

'typical' too much emotions not enough Grey matter in the brain.....that in not the Indian anthem the following is:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftD3gDA-5S0[/video]

sher_khan

Senator (1k+ posts)
To all the indians who are saying that Vande Mataram is a NATIONAL song not an anthem:

Why do you have a NATIONAL song which makes minority religious citizens of your country refer to Hindu religious figures?

Don't you guys claim that India is a secular state? That's where lies the hypocrisy of secular india.

hnuter555

MPA (400+ posts)
thats all hypcrasy why u sing vande mataran in schools every morning if its not ur national anthem i know technically its not but spiritually it is ur national anthem so typical chankyia mentality of deceit and lies i am not surprised at all

sher_khan

Senator (1k+ posts)
Another great example of secular india and is tolerance for the minorities

Anti-Vande Mataram? Leave, says Uddhav

A day after Jamiat Ulama-e-Hind adopted a resolution asking Muslims not to recite Vande Mataram, Shiv Sena Executive President Uddhav Thackeray on Wednesday slammed it, saying those opposed to the national song should go to Pakistan.

"If you don't want to salute your motherland, then who do you salute? What is the shame in saluting Bharatmata? Those who do not want to salute Bharatmata should go to Pakistan or Bangladesh. There is no place for such traitors in India," Thackeray said.

Thackeray said the fact that the decree was adopted in the presence of Union Home Minister P Chidambaram showed that the Centre was engaging in appeasement of the minorities. "If anti-national fatwas are issued in the presence of the Union home minister then there is no future for this country. It looks like the Centre has a policy of appeasement of Muslims for votes," he said in a statement.

Stating that such decrees created tensions between Hindus and Muslims, he asked Shiv Sainiks to put up "Vande Mataram" boards all over Maharashtra. The Jamiat, one of the largest groups of Muslim clerics in the country, had yesterday endorsed the decree of Darul Uloom seminary at Deoband asking the Muslims not to recite Vande Mataram as it went against the tenets of their faith in monotheism.

http://www.ndtv.com/news/india/anti-vande_mataram_leave_says_uddhav.php

hnuter555

MPA (400+ posts)
by the way if any one want to migrate and i am in power they are more than welcome its their home if they want to adopt rasist indians can never swallow pakistan speically fallowers of BJP and bahjrang Dal and RSS terrorists

desicad

sher_khan said:
To all the indians who are saying that Vande Mataram is a NATIONAL song not an anthem:

Why do you have a NATIONAL song which makes minority religious citizens of your country refer to Hindu religious figures?

Don't you guys claim that India is a secular state? That's where lies the hypocrisy of secular india.
Again hollow arguments, arguing just for the sake of argument and bashing secularism.
Nobody expects anybody to sing the song if one doesn't want to. Only negligible few who may be want to get some political mileage raising up the issue. So just sit tight.