Travel from the Sun to Jupiter at the Speed of Light

Abid_J

Senator (1k+ posts)
based upon measured flatness and horizon of visible universe size (92 billion light years diameter sphere) actual universe is estimated much much bigger.according to some physicists the comparison is like comparing a sand particle vs visible universe.

moreover, there may be upto 10^512 parallel universes that make a multiverse
And these universes are made just for us like nawaz sharif zardari you and me.
For us may be 1000 x 1000 km empty plot would be enough.

Last edited:

Vitamin_C

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
The God of Einstein is the Spinoza God, which is not the same thing as what we refer to as God, it is a completely different thing and should not even be referred to as God.

Selective study is harmful. there are great audiobooks on youtube. Lawrence M. Krauss is pro-Atheism, but must listen to Brian Greene, Michio Kaku, Stephen Hawkings, Richard feynman, Guth and Carl Sagan etc for a complete picture.

in one of his books, Michio Kaku accepts with a big list of arguments that Universe needs a creator. not the biblical one, but one much Grander than that. He says, I believe in the God of Albert Einstien

Vitamin_C

It doesn't make it relevant either... Everything we observe in this universe, from stars, black holes to formation of planets, everything is found to have a natural origin. Maybe nature is the creator.

it is very possible that there are countless other planets with their own civilizations, but It doesn't make the creator irrelevant.

oscar

Minister (2k+ posts)
It doesn't make it relevant either... Everything we observe in this universe, from stars, black holes to formation of planets, everything is found to have a natural origin. Maybe nature is the creator.
there is no end of this debate. nobody can prove existence or Absence of God using physics or Math. I believe the God that Muhammad (SAWS) and earlier Prophets mentioned in The Quran introduced.

Vitamin_C

There is no reason to study god if there is no evidence pointing towards it.

Truth comes following evidence to reach a conclusion.

What religious people are doing is to make a conclusion first (god) and then find ways to prove it. Unfortunately this is not how reality or truth works.

there is no end of this debate. nobody can prove existence or Absence of God using physics or Math. I believe the God that Muhammad (SAWS) and earlier Prophets mentioned in The Quran introduced.

oscar

Minister (2k+ posts)

What religious people are doing is to make a conclusion first (god) and then find ways to prove it. Unfortunately this is not how reality or truth works.
They are not alone. atheists too have their own conclusion first and they are keep on digging new ditches to fill the existing ones.

carne

Minister (2k+ posts)
The God of Einstein is the Spinoza God, which is not the same thing as what we refer to as God, it is a completely different thing and should not even be referred to as God.

This shows the limits of us as humans and Einstein was no different. His god was deterministic in this probabilistic world as according him, "God does not play dice". However, all the evidences are indeed pointing towards a game of probability.

Last edited:

luckey_iam

MPA (400+ posts)

there are proofs .literally Quran says about that the sun the stars the Earth even life itself and all these things give idea about its creator. only thing is you need open mind and heart to accept these ideas.
i believe in science too but science has gave me the ideas to believe in God . A simple computer cannot program itself how could human DNA equal to 300,000 books can write itself without its writer.

Vitamin_C

Sun, Stars, Earth, DNA are not evidence for a creator, same as a dead body is not evidence for murder. The person could have died from suicide, natural causes or accident. We need to have direct evidence to conclude where all this comes from. This is basic logic but unfortunately critical thinking, logic and reasoning is not compulsory subject in Pakistan as it is in more developed countries.

We are predisposed and biased to automatically think everything is created since we create things ourselves. But in the real world we see complex things forming out of non-complexity everywhere in nature, from formation of stars and planets to life forms and organic matter evolving from less complex forms to more complex ones, without the need for an engineers or creator.

there are proofs .literally Quran says about that the sun the stars the Earth even life itself and all these things give idea about its creator. only thing is you need open mind and heart to accept these ideas.
i believe in science too but science has gave me the ideas to believe in God . A simple computer cannot program itself how could human DNA equal to 300,000 books can write itself without its writer.

Vitamin_C

Atheist by definition is a rejection of belief in God. It doesn't say God does not exist. It says there is no evidence to believe that a God exists. So its not a conclusion, but rather a rejection of a conclusion.

They are not alone. atheists too have their own conclusion first and they are keep on digging new ditches to fill the existing ones.

luckey_iam

MPA (400+ posts)
Sun, Stars, Earth, DNA are not evidence for a creator, same as a dead body is not evidence for murder. The person could have died from suicide, natural causes or accident. We need to have direct evidence to conclude where all this comes from. This is basic logic but unfortunately critical thinking, logic and reasoning is not compulsory subject in Pakistan as it is in more developed countries.

We are predisposed and biased to automatically think everything is created since we create things ourselves. But in the real world we see complex things forming out of non-complexity everywhere in nature, from formation of stars and planets to life forms and organic matter evolving from less complex forms to more complex ones, without the need for an engineers or creator.
are you kidding me science cant even grasp the whole system how universe work, there comes many mysteries which bent physics laws and question us about our knowledge with all its glory .and about that we may not know how a man died but we know how a man born without a question and our existence is the proof of some power who is running this whole show even science is accepting it now a days that we maybe living in a simulation if we are then someone is running the show.
and you are saying that life exist because of a coincidence. coincidence doesn't create life, life cycle, food webs, earth form, water cycle and all those earthly systems which protects the life like electromagnetism and ozone which saves us from ultraviolet rays of sun these are so many co-incidents cannot happen not simultaneously nor in a respective manner. so, there must be someone who created this all.

Vitamin_C

Science is not a creator, its basically the collective knowledge base of the human race. It show us how things work, some we understand, some we are still working on.

The universe is not a coincidence. Its a product of natural causes. You can study each of them in detail. None of it can be explained by supernatural causes. When humans did not have enough knowledge they would attribute the phenomena to superstitious causes such as why Earthquakes occur or why rain occurs, now we understand actually why those things occur.

Every-time we enhance our knowledge, it replaces a supernatural explanation with a natural one.

are you kidding me science cant even grasp the whole system how universe work, there comes many mysteries which bent physics laws and question us about our knowledge with all its glory .and about that we may not know how a man died but we know how a man born without a question and our existence is the proof of some power who is running this whole show even science is accepting it now a days that we maybe living in a simulation if we are then someone is running the show.
and you are saying that life exist because of a coincidence. coincidence doesn't create life, life cycle, food webs, earth form, water cycle and all those earthly systems which protects the life like electromagnetism and ozone which saves us from ultraviolet rays of sun these are so many co-incidents cannot happen not simultaneously nor in a respective manner. so, there must be someone who created this all.

luckey_iam

MPA (400+ posts)
Science is not a creator, its basically the collective knowledge base of the human race. It show us how things work, some we understand, some we are still working on.

The universe is not a coincidence. Its a product of natural causes. You can study each of them in detail. None of it can be explained by supernatural causes. When humans did not have enough knowledge they would attribute the phenomena to superstitious causes such as why Earthquakes occur or why rain occurs, now we understand actually why those things occur.

Every-time we enhance our knowledge, it replaces a supernatural explanation with a natural one.
first you should learn more about science and philosophy infect philosophy give more amazing answer then half truth of science. first of all you must learn the definition of nature it is simple anything which wasn't changed or cannot be changed called nature. so nature cannot be changed unless some external force will change it even in natural disaster there are some causes triggers which start the process exact same science is giving us the proof .according to physics nothing moves unless an external force moves it. it doesn't matter what we call it accident, coincident nature or big bang whatever according to physics nothing moves unless an external force moves it.
so weather we like it or not we call it god Allah father or nature everything indicate the existence of a power who is causing the change.

Vitamin_C

Philosophy give more amazing answer than science? Science basically means knowledge... Without knowledge, philosophy is useless. But neither science nor philosophy makes a case for your God.

So bashing knowledge wont make it any better for you. Also if you say nature cannot come about without a cause, then the same applies to whatever caused nature.

The universe is mysterious in many ways, but not in a supernatural ways... We may know the answers some day or we may never know, but one thing is for sure, whenever we find an answer to a mystery, whether it is Earthquakes or Rain, it always turns out to be a natural explanation and we have never found evidence for any supernatural cause for anything. That gives the supernatural a prior probability of zero.

first you should learn more about science and philosophy infect philosophy give more amazing answer then half truth of science. first of all you must learn the definition of nature it is simple anything which wasn't changed or cannot be changed called nature. so nature cannot be changed unless some external force will change it even in natural disaster there are some causes triggers which start the process exact same science is giving us the proof .according to physics nothing moves unless an external force moves it. it doesn't matter what we call it accident, coincident nature or big bang whatever according to physics nothing moves unless an external force moves it.
so weather we like it or not we call it god Allah father or nature everything indicate the existence of a power who is causing the change.

luckey_iam

MPA (400+ posts)
Philosophy give more amazing answer than science? Science basically means knowledge... Without knowledge, philosophy is useless. But neither science nor philosophy makes a case for your God.

So bashing knowledge wont make it any better for you. Also if you say nature cannot come about without a cause, then the same applies to whatever caused nature.

The universe is mysterious in many ways, but not in a supernatural ways... We may know the answers some day or we may never know, but one thing is for sure, whenever we find an answer to a mystery, whether it is Earthquakes or Rain, it always turns out to be a natural explanation and we have never found evidence for any supernatural cause for anything. That gives the supernatural a prior probability of zero.
well lets just agree to disagree i have my believes and you have yours. i believe in a supernatural power who is created this world and running it and on the other side there are you who believe human DNA has wrote itself universe has created itself and the world is running itself so be happy and remember what Quran says about this there are literally proofs of God all you have to do is to see them just by opening your heart and mind . my approach and search for the answers has taken me through many fields of studies all i want to say is broaden your mind broaden your knowledge read all accept what your heart tell you the TRUTH.

Vitamin_C

I never said the universe created itself or DNA writes it self... They are complex processes that biologist understand after dedicating their lives to it, and then there are things that we do not understand yet. We have answers to certain things, and we do not have answers to others yet.

The difference between me and you is that I believe something if I have a reason backed with evidence to believe it.

Our ignorance of certain aspects of the world we exist in is not an evidence for God, its evidence for holes in our knowledge and understanding of the world, holes which, when ever they are filled in is because of natural explanations and not super natural ones.

We can either wait and hold judgement until we have actual evidence to fill in these holes or we can listen to you and make up supernatural explanations without any evidence that its a turtle under the world tilting its head. I choose the former.

Truth is that:
More educated people are less likely to be religious.
People with higher IQ are less likely to be religious.

People in fields of physics and biology (people who understand how DNA and the world works) are less than 5% religious. (This figure is from the National Sciences Academy in USA, the most intelligent people on this planet).
So gaining more knowledge and education will take me away from religion, contrary to what you are saying...

Let me know if you want me to give you references to the above mentioned studies... There are hundreds of them.

well lets just agree to disagree i have my believes and you have yours. i believe in a supernatural power who is created this world and running it and on the other side there are you who believe human DNA has wrote itself universe has created itself and the world is running itself so be happy and remember what Quran says about this there are literally proofs of God all you have to do is to see them just by opening your heart and mind . my approach and search for the answers has taken me through many fields of studies all i want to say is broaden your mind broaden your knowledge read all accept what your heart tell you the TRUTH.