Tony Blair's sister-in-law Lauren Booth converts to Islam after a 'holy experience' in Iran(Video Ad

Knowledge Seeker

Senator (1k+ posts)
Tony Blair's sister-in-law Lauren Booth converts to Islam after a 'holy experience' in Iran
By MAIL ON SUNDAY REPORTER
Last updated at 1:50 AM on 24th October 2010

Broadcaster and journalist Lauren Booth, 43 – Cherie Blair’s half-sister – said she now wears a hijab head covering whenever she leaves her home, prays five times a day and visits her local mosque ‘when I can’.

She decided to become a Muslim six weeks ago after visiting the shrine of Fatima al-Masumeh in the city of Qom.

‘It was a Tuesday evening and I sat down and felt this shot of spiritual morphine, just absolute bliss and joy,’ she told The Mail on Sunday.

When she returned to Britain, she decided to convert immediately.

‘Now I don’t eat pork and I read the Koran every day. I’m on page 60.

‘I also haven’t had a drink in 45 days, the longest period in 25 years. The strange thing is that since I decided to convert I haven’t wanted to touch alcohol, and I was someone who craved a glass of wine or two at the end of a day.’

Refusing to discount the possibility that she might wear a burka, she said: ‘Who knows where my spiritual journey will take me?’

Before her awakening in Iran, she had been ‘sympathetic’ to Islam and has spent considerable time working in Palestine. ‘I was always impressed with the strength and comfort it gave,’ she said of the religion.

Miss Booth, who works for Press TV, the English-language Iranian news channel, has been a vocal opponent of the war in Iraq.

In August 2008 she travelled to Gaza by ship from Cyprus, along with 46 other activists, to highlight Israel’s blockade of the territory. She was subsequently refused entry into both Israel and Egypt.

In 2006 she was a contestant on the ITV reality show I’m A Celebrity .??.??. Get Me Out Of Here!, donating her fee to the Palestinian relief charity Interpal.

She said she hoped her conversion would help Mr Blair change his presumptions about Islam.

Tony Blair's sister-in-law Lauren Booth converts to Islam after a 'holy experience' in Iran

Last edited by a moderator:

Star Gazer

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Re: Tony Blair's sister-in-law Lauren Booth converts to Islam after a 'holy experience' in Iran

This is good news whenever one more human being recognises the truth and each day so many do indeed.
If we take a look at whatever is going on in this world we will see that "Mushkil kay saath aasaniyan bhi hain"

moazzamniaz

Tony Blair's sister-in-law Lauren Booth converts to Islam

By Mail On Sunday Reporter

article-0-039358450000044D-580_233x423.jpg
Convert: Cherie Blair's sister Lauren Booth

Tony Blair’s sister-in-law has converted to Islam after having a ‘holy experience’ in Iran.
Broadcaster and journalist Lauren Booth, 43 – Cherie Blair’s half-sister – said she now wears a hijab head covering whenever she leaves her home, prays five times a day and visits her local mosque ‘when I can’.
She decided to become a Muslim six weeks ago after visiting the shrine of Fatima al-Masumeh in the city of Qom.

‘It was a Tuesday evening and I sat down and felt this shot of spiritual morphine, just absolute bliss and joy,’ she told The Mail on Sunday.

‘Now I don’t eat pork and I read the Koran every day. I’m on page 60.
‘I also haven’t had a drink in 45 days, the longest period in 25 years. The strange thing is that since I decided to convert I haven’t wanted to touch alcohol, and I was someone who craved a glass of wine or two at the end of a day.’
Refusing to discount the possibility that she might wear a burka, she said: ‘Who knows where my spiritual journey will take me?’
Before her awakening in Iran, she had been ‘sympathetic’ to Islam and has spent considerable time working in Palestine. ‘I was always impressed with the strength and comfort it gave,’ she said of the religion.
Miss Booth, who works for Press TV, the English-language Iranian news channel, has been a vocal opponent of the war in Iraq.
In August 2008 she travelled to Gaza by ship from Cyprus, along with 46 other activists, to highlight Israel’s blockade of the territory. She was subsequently refused entry into both Israel and Egypt.
In 2006 she was a contestant on the ITV reality show I’m A Celebrity .  .  . Get Me Out Of Here!, donating her fee to the Palestinian relief charity Interpal.
She said she hoped her conversion would help Mr Blair change his presumptions about Islam.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-converted-Islam-trip-Iran.html#ixzz13F0dIvQt

moazzamniaz

Re: Tony Blair's sister-in-law Lauren Booth converts to Islam

Dear Admin, Kindly remove my thread as it has been posted by an other member! Thanx!

Raaz

(50k+ posts) بابائے فورم
Re: Tony Blair's sister-in-law Lauren Booth converts to Islam after a 'holy experience' in Iran

Toney Blair was converted to Catholic , just 2 years back.

But this a great change.

Nawazish

Minister (2k+ posts)

Good for her :)

raju

Senator (1k+ posts)

Mashallah, even with the negative publicity Islam gets the conversion rates are very high

JewayPakistan

MPA (400+ posts)

:alhamd:great news.Does she also have new islamic name?If yes then any one plz.Tnx

ALZULFIQAR

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)

1101083106-1.gif

Lauren Booth (Tony Blair's sister-in-law) has embraced Islam. She announced it at the Global Peace & Unity event today in London. Alhamdulillah!

Tony Blairs sister-in-law converted to Islam after having a holy experience in Iran.

Broadcaster and journalist Lauren Booth, 43 Cherie Blairs half-sister said she now wears a hijab ... whenever she leaves her home, prays five times a day and visits her local mosque when I can.

Night_Hawk

Siasat.pk - Blogger

By Mail On Sunday Reporter

article-0-039358450000044D-580_233x423.jpg
Convert: Cherie Blair's sister Lauren Booth

Tony Blairs sister-in-law has converted to Islam after having a holy experience in Iran.
Broadcaster and journalist Lauren Booth, 43 Cherie Blairs half-sister said she now wears a hijab head covering whenever she leaves her home, prays five times a day and visits her local mosque when I can.

It was a Tuesday evening and I sat down and felt this shot of spiritual morphine, just absolute bliss and joy, she told The Mail on Sunday.

Now I dont eat pork and I read the Koran every day. Im on page 60.
I also havent had a drink in 45 days, the longest period in 25 years. The strange thing is that since I decided to convert I havent wanted to touch alcohol, and I was someone who craved a glass of wine or two at the end of a day.
Refusing to discount the possibility that she might wear a burka, she said: Who knows where my spiritual journey will take me?
Before her awakening in Iran, she had been sympathetic to Islam and has spent considerable time working in Palestine. I was always impressed with the strength and comfort it gave, she said of the religion.
In August 2008 she travelled to Gaza by ship from Cyprus, along with 46 other activists, to highlight Israels blockade of the territory. She was subsequently refused entry into both Israel and Egypt.
In 2006 she was a contestant on the ITV reality show Im A Celebrity .  .  . Get Me Out Of Here!, donating her fee to the Palestinian relief charity Interpal.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-converted-Islam-trip-Iran.html#ixzz13F0dIvQt

Khair :jazak:
Good news.

Imranpak

Wait a minute,she must have been FORCED to accept Islam as jealous non-Muslim's often insist!!.But seriously it just goes to show that Islam is the only truth and will succeed no matter what the USA,India,Israel or the Zionists do!.

Today the immoral west needs Islamic guidance as badly as the ancient Arab's of Mecca did during Hazoor's(saw) time.

Pakistan 1st

Minister (2k+ posts)

ebrahimpour20101024140047077.jpg

74064_1601013579733_1067878597_1680418_7152284_n.jpg

Source: http://www.presstv.ir/detail/148014.html

Former British Prime Minister Tony Blair's sister-in-law has embraced Islam after visiting the holy shrine of Fatima al-Masoumeh (AS) in Iran's holy city of Qom. (clap)

"It was a Tuesday evening and I sat down and felt this shot of spiritual morphine, just absolute bliss and joy," Broadcaster and journalist Lauren Booth told The Mail.

The 43-year-old half-sister of Cherie Blair now wears hijab whenever she leaves her home, prays five times a day and visits her local mosque.

"Now I don't eat pork and I read the Qur'an every day. I'm on page 60. I also haven't had a drink in 45 days, the longest period in 25 years," she added.

"The strange thing is that since I decided to convert I haven't wanted to touch alcohol, and I was someone who craved a glass of wine or two at the end of a day."

Booth, who works for Iran's English-language Press TV news network, decided to embrace Islam six weeks ago and converted immediately after she returned to Britain.

Booth did not refuse the possibility of wearing a burqa and said, 'Who knows where my spiritual journey will take me?'

Before her holy experience in Iran, Booth had spent considerable time working in Palestine and was "always impressed with the strength and comfort it [Islam] gave."

She travelled to Gaza in August 2008 along with 46 other activists to highlight Israel's blockade of the territory and was subsequently refused entry into both Israel and Egypt.

In a public letter she wrote to Tony Blair during her visit to Iran last month, Booth expressed hope that the former Labor Party politician would change his presumptions about Islam.

"Your world view is that Muslims are mad, bad, dangerous to know," she wrote in her letter, asking Blair to acknowledge the International Quds Day, an annual event on the last Friday of the holy month of Ramadan when Muslims express solidarity with the Palestinian people and protest Israel's occupation of Al-Quds (Jerusalem).

"Here in Iran they feel proud to suffer in order to express solidarity with the people of Palestine,” she said.

"It's kind of like the way you express solidarity with America only without illegal chemical weapons and a million civilian deaths."

Booth, who had moved to France with her husband and two daughters in 2004, returned to Britain after her husband suffered a sever brain injury following a motorcycle accident in April 2009.
http://www.presstv.ir/detail/148014.html

Last edited:

IMKKK

Minister (2k+ posts)

I think title should be....

Tony Blair's sister-in-law Lauren Booth accept Islam