This question is for all those who left their native country.

khalilqureshi

Senator (1k+ posts)
Just posted on my facebook page and posting here as I need feedback from all those, who left their country for good.

I am not a Sindhi, some Sindhis think so. YOUR VIEWS PLEASE

During last few weeks some of my friends have raised questions on my being Sindhi and my loyalties to Sindh.

Their argument is very simple and even more interesting.
They think,

My place of birth is Sindh, My Mother tongue is Sindhi, I speak Sindhi, and I look like a Sindhi,
But I am no more a Sindhi.

Their reason is very interesting.

Because I left my home land and therefore have no more loyalties with my homeland and have no right to be called Sindhi.

Now my question to those 100s of thousands of Sindhis (or probably fake Sindhis, because they left their homeland) who live overseas.

Have you abandoned your homeland,
Have you stopped thinking for the betterment of your homeland, and
On the top of this are you no more Sindhi for the above reason?

Irony of all that is those who raised this question are happen to be big advocate of democracy, freedom of opinion and expression and blah blah blah. They think that what I am saying is against the interest of Sindh. They think that what they think is right is right, what they think is wrong is wrong, and if someone doesn’t agree with their point of view is enemy of Sindh and has no right to call himself Sindhi.

SINDHIS YOUR VIEWS PLEASE.

Abid_J

Senator (1k+ posts)
ابے بول کیا رہا ہے
یا بولنا کیا چاہ رہا ہے
بالکل بدھو ہے

baalti

Minister (2k+ posts)
Bhai sahib i am not a sindhi, but having left back home makes me no lessee of a punjabi than anyone else, no less Pakistani than anyone else. I still care for back home, and probably have a decent contribution to the economy back home by sending money etc. The only two issues that stand are not being there physically, I am not directly involved in any happenings, but indirectly am attached. Another thing is that will I ever go back... that is a dire question that i fight with at all times... and the NO edges out the YES everytime, due to various parameters and situations. Its not easy being an expatriot, unless you got tons of moolah...

On a side note, I reccomend you to youtube a bbc documentory called empty mansions of Pakistan... it might interest you.

Dr Adam

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
Just posted on my facebook page and posting here as I need feedback from all those, who left their country for good.

I am not a Sindhi, some Sindhis think so. YOUR VIEWS PLEASE

During last few weeks some of my friends have raised questions on my being Sindhi and my loyalties to Sindh.

Their argument is very simple and even more interesting.
They think,

My place of birth is Sindh, My Mother tongue is Sindhi, I speak Sindhi, and I look like a Sindhi,
But I am no more a Sindhi.

Their reason is very interesting.

Because I left my home land and therefore have no more loyalties with my homeland and have no right to be called Sindhi.

Now my question to those 100s of thousands of Sindhis (or probably fake Sindhis, because they left their homeland) who live overseas.

Have you abandoned your homeland,
Have you stopped thinking for the betterment of your homeland, and
On the top of this are you no more Sindhi for the above reason?

Irony of all that is those who raised this question are happen to be big advocate of democracy, freedom of opinion and expression and blah blah blah. They think that what I am saying is against the interest of Sindh. They think that what they think is right is right, what they think is wrong is wrong, and if someone doesn’t agree with their point of view is enemy of Sindh and has no right to call himself Sindhi.

SINDHIS YOUR VIEWS PLEASE.

خلیق! پہلے تو ایک بات سمجھ لیں کہ مجھے آپ کے سندھی ہونے، لکھنے اور کہنے پر ذرہ برابر بھی اعتراض نہیں

لیکن

میرا یہ ماننا ہے کہ پاکستان، جو ہم سب کے بُزرگوں نے بڑی جَدّوجہد اور حد سے زیادہ مالی اور جانی قربانیاں دے کر

بنایا تھا اُسکے بننے کے بعد ہم سب پہلے مسلمان اور بعد میں پاکستانی ہیں

فقط اور کچھ بھی نہیں

اُمید ہے میرا پڑھا لکھا بھائی خلیق میری بات کا بُرا نہیں مناۓ گا؟

LovePK-or-LeavePK

Senator (1k+ posts)
You will always be a Sindhi and you don't need anyone's approval about that.

Even if you go to other countries and get their citizenship or passport, all of them still show your place of birth as Sindh, Pakistan.

It's a useless debate which you shouldn't care at all about.

baalti

Minister (2k+ posts)
and yes, it is very tough to change the mentality of the people back home, bringing them to the light is very hard... one thing i always notice in my circle is that people who freshly move out of Pakistan will be die hard backwards, or pro pmln/pppp, but once they live outside of Pakistan and see it from a fair diatance while enjoying true democracy do they open their minds and eyes and ears to reality...

Last edited:

LovePK-or-LeavePK

Senator (1k+ posts)
and yes, it is very tough to change the mentality of the people back home, bringing them to the light is very hard... one thing i always notice in my circle is that people who freshly move out of Pakistan will be die hard backwards, or pro pmln/pppp, but once they live outside of Pakistan and see it from it from a fair diatance while enjoying true democracy do they open their minds and eyes and ears to reality...

Yes, because with the passage of time, you loose you stakes in Pakistan and therefore, the way of thinking also change.

khalilqureshi

Senator (1k+ posts)
خلیق! پہلے تو ایک بات سمجھ لیں کہ مجھے آپ کے سندھی ہونے، لکھنے اور کہنے پر ذرہ برابر بھی اعتراض نہیں

لیکن

میرا یہ ماننا ہے کہ پاکستان، جو ہم سب کے بُزرگوں نے بڑی جَدّوجہد اور حد سے زیادہ مالی اور جانی قربانیاں دے کر

بنایا تھا اُسکے بننے کے بعد ہم سب پہلے مسلمان اور بعد میں پاکستانی ہیں

فقط اور کچھ بھی نہیں

اُمید ہے میرا پڑھا لکھا بھائی خلیق میری بات کا بُرا نہیں مناۓ گا؟
Brother I am first Muslim, then Pakistani and then Sindhi. But Suppose I am/ you are Punjabi or Puston or Baluchi and saying something for my/your community and my/your community desert me/you, saying that you don't belong to us how would you feel?

baalti

Minister (2k+ posts)
Brother I am first Muslim, then Pakistani and then Sindhi. But Suppose I am/ you are Punjabi or Puston or Baluchi and saying something for my/your community and my/your community desert me/you, saying that you don't belong to us how would you feel?
y listen to them? what is their comtribution? what qualifies them more than you? i would simply ignore such nonsense, the only way u wont be sindhi is if u kill the sindhi from the inside of urself... not by others

KingCrimson

MPA (400+ posts)
Biggest mistake of my life was to leave Pakistan and remove one better person from the country but then I have learnt a lot as well and the entire world is a gift. But now the bigger mistake would be to continue comitting this mistake...

So, folks, I am going back to Pakistan next year March, after good 18 years of my life spent abroad.
Its time for Pakistan.

PZ !

khalilqureshi

Senator (1k+ posts)
Bhai sahib i am not a sindhi, but having left back home makes me no lessee of a punjabi than anyone else, no less Pakistani than anyone else. I still care for back home, and probably have a decent contribution to the economy back home by sending money etc. The only two issues that stand are not being there physically, I am not directly involved in any happenings, but indirectly am attached. Another thing is that will I ever go back... that is a dire question that i fight with at all times... and the NO edges out the YES everytime, due to various parameters and situations. Its not easy being an expatriot, unless you got tons of moolah...

On a side note, I reccomend you to youtube a bbc documentory called empty mansions of Pakistan... it might interest you.
Link please.

Dr Adam

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)

I like that order:
Muslim
Pakistani
Sindhi.

BTW I am a Punjabi but I couldn't care less about what people say or do not say, because come what may I will die a
M
P
P.

Right?

Just ignore these stereo types. Nobody CAN and nobody has the RIGHT to doubt or can change your genealogy or can take away your nationalism out of you.

Last edited:

baalti

Minister (2k+ posts)
Biggest mistake of my life was to leave Pakistan and remove one better person from the country but then I have learnt a lot as well and the entire world is a gift. But now the bigger mistake would be to continue comitting this mistake...

So, folks, I am going back to Pakistan next year March, after good 18 years of my life spent abroad.
Its time for Pakistan.

PZ !
Good on you, i still have to see far more improvements to avail that move for myself and my young family. And, i know that Pak desperately needs us there, but in my situation, i am better asset from a far than from within as of now.

AWAITED

Senator (1k+ posts)
A simple answer is father leaves his home to earn livelihood for family. It doesn't snatch his right on his say on matters of his home. Though Mother makes most of routine decisions but when it comes to big policy decisions. Normally it's father who makes it

PIND-WALA

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
I will my add my 2 cents. Most of us living overseas countries arrived mostly for better rozgar which later turned into better political environment, health standards , kids education and their future etc etc etc. So most of us simply get tired to these places as Pakistan is still a shithole to be in . You look at any field and compare with rest of the world, be it education, health care, general peace or rozgar, Pakistan is miles and miles behind. But there is the other side of the coin, there are people who despite having having a chance to leave did not , rather stayed there and tried to make the best of it and also strived to make it a better country . If they believe in the idealology that "ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country" . In my opinion they have taken a very high road and we have taken a selfish road , we deserted the country when it perhaps needed us. I know lot of us would say that we contribute in so many ways to help the country get better but I think those who stayed and worked to improve it have taken a high road.

khalilqureshi

Senator (1k+ posts)
I will my add my 2 cents. Most of us living overseas countries arrived mostly for better rozgar which later turned into better political environment, health standards , kids education and their future etc etc etc. So most of us simply get tired to these places as Pakistan is still a shithole to be in . You look at any field and compare with rest of the world, be it education, health care, general peace or rozgar, Pakistan is miles and miles behind. But there is the other side of the coin, there are people who despite having having a chance to leave did not , rather stayed there and tried to make the best of it and also strived to make it a better country . If they believe in the idealology that "ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country" . In my opinion they have taken a very high road and we have taken a selfish road , we deserted the country when it perhaps needed us. I know lot of us would say that we contribute in so many ways to help the country get better but I think those who stayed and worked to improve it have taken a high road.
Agreed to a larger extent but does that give them right to arbitrarily call others that you don't belong to us on the basis of what they do for their community. Here question is not who has done what for his/ her homeland or community here is doubting the sincerity on the basis of personal opinions on different issues and declaring him/her alien.

knowledge88

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Long time ago I was travelling to Islamabad from Karachi in a train. I ran into some Americans at one of the stations who were also travelling in the same train. I spoke to them and I invited them in my carriage (I wanted to speak to them because I was also travelling to the USA, I was going to Islamabad to get a visa). There were some senior citizens from Pakistan also sitting with us in the train. Once these senior citizens saw Caucasian Americans sitting with me, they said something which I still remember and which is 100% right. One of the old gentlemen told his buddies that these foreigners travel all around the world in their life, and we (i.e. Pakistani ) die in the same place where we are born. (Ham jahan payda hotay hain waheen mer jatay hain) We all laugh at that comment. My point is God's whole world is ours. We don't have to die in the same land where we are born. I am as loyal to the USA as any American would be. Migration is in our DNA. Look a the lives of all the Sufis saints, they all travelled and died in a country different to their birth. In Islam also there is no concept of motherland. Prophet Muhammad PBUH was born in Mecca and had to migrate to Madina, but when even Macca was conquered he preferred to live in Madina. By loyal to the land where you are living because this is your motherland.

Last edited: