The role of pakistan media now a days

aaleraza

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
i am personnaly always keen to watch current affair program ecpecialy pakistan. I always enjoyed praises the role of media, everytime we were struck by different types of crises especialy when the judiciary crises or the problem created by general pervez musharaf occured. Since the new government formed i have started realizeing that the media has started playing an irresponsible role against the pakistani government whether it is provincial government or fedral government.

first of all i will talk about the attitude against the ppp government, from very first day in every talk show in every debate media always tried to potraiy a bad picture ( im not ppp supporter in any way). I had seen on almost every channels that host (i usually watch ary try and jeo news) host always try to conclude the way they like instead of deriving it from the facts being discussed.

the unjust role of media came clearer in flood, since i am talking about the government (it does not make any difference whether it is fedral or provincial) if you see any news on channels (especialy private) whenever they interviewed at any relief camp or i should say anyplace or person you will hear one dialogue for sure and that is (hukumat ne hamari koi madad nahin kee) it seems that this dialogue is taught to them on purpose, how is it possible that there is not even a single relief camp has been provided by the govermnent. Why isn't there a way that the media actually goes to the places where there is the government relief camps present instead they are always going else where to interview people. Although our government is doing the least they can do, it still should be broadcast. At least to show people of pakistan that government is doing something for them.

since pakistan nation is in crises due to flood and in need of help from all over the world and other contries are helping as much as they can, pakistan media has never shown that any muslim contry helped pakistan, why? Did any muslim contry helped pakistan or not, if muslim contries send any sort of aid of aid why media aviod mention muslim contries who are helping pakistan. Is it some kind of hidden agenda? Because on the other hand we see americans and europeon contries aid is always shown on news. Is to show us that they are better friends of pakistan. This is wierd behaviour of pakistan media and un understandble.
tregic incedent (brutal murrder of two brothers) was ugliest incedent in pakistan. This is unbearble in this sociaty. Here you will see strange attitude again, lets see how.

since this incedent happend media is showing only one side story, not the other half of the story, i am writing these lines not because i belong to sialkot nor i have any thing to do with this incedent.waht happenned after about five days on one channel, i saw they are telling about a murder committed by these brothers, some other stories about these brothers. I have right to ask question from this media that when they were reporting about this incedent why they did not try to find out the whole story then, now they have started to tell us other story. It looks like they have stirr up people with anger, and now they are telling us full story because they have achied what they wanted ( bringing peoples on streets).

i think pakistani media is by no means doing any good for pakistan by this sort of attitude. It should change its behaviour. And should not be part of any concipiracy against pakistan.

well this is my views you can comment on this but keep in mind this is not a move in favor of pakistan government because they have not done much in flood but what ever they have it should be shown as well. As a whole media should do thier job with honesty.