Supreme Court accepts Bahria Town’s Rs460b offer for Karachi Superhighway land

rtabasum2

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Bani Gala:

Islamabad's Master Plan is split into 5 Zones. Bani Gala falls under zone-4 of Islamabad. All the land sale going on there by CDA or private sector is and has always been legal. But unlike Zone-1 and Zone-2 of Islamabad, CDA never "mandated" NOC procurement for residential buildings in Zone-4. So some people in Bani Gala started encroaching into others' land and this created a big mess. However, after the case verdict, now CDA will start reviewing the residential maps in Zone-4 and everyone shall be required to procure a NOC! That's the whole matter, which PPP and PMLN has been looking to twist to make it appear as if it is a Bahria Town like case!

OFFICIAL CDA ZONING REGULATIONS (stating what i've shared above):
??http://www.cda.gov.pk/documents/docs/zone4regulations.pdf

Grand Hyatt:

The Land sale for Grand Hyatt was legal and the land was marked for Hotels in Islamabad's Master Plan. This is where there is already a Serena Hotel next to it! However, Grand Hyatt without prior approval converted the Hotel building into an apartment building.

The court had two options:
  • Either demolish the building
  • or Fine the builder.
It chose the second option.

BAHRIA TOWN:

I think everyone knows the details here! Two main issues were:
  • Illegal sale of land. Land reserved for forests cannot be sold.
  • Illegal valuation of cost of land. Malir Development authority didn't sell the legal land for residential area on market rate! They took just 2 Billion Rupees for which we are getting Rs. 460 Billion now!! ???
Hope it is clear now!
Look up the word encroachment........you will find it common in all instances

insouciant

Minister (2k+ posts)
I, expanding my house's boundary wall to include CDA's forest or my neighbors land into my house's area, which I legally purchased, is not the same as I grabbing some land illegally for my housing colony or I buying a piece of land for Hotel and then turning it into an apartment building! ?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️

Look up the word encroachment........you will find it common in all instances

rtabasum2

Read my comment above yours ?? To educate yourself!

I think you come here to learn FACTS, rather than imposing your own self-beliefs!
So fact of matter is that if you are rich n encroach land illegally you can get away with it...........for the poor it is demolition with no questions asked........

rtabasum2

I, expanding my house's boundary wall to include CDA's forest or my neighbors land into my house's area, which I legally purchased, is not the same as I grabbing some land illegally for my housing colony or I buying a piece of land for Hotel and then turning it into an apartment building! ?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️
So what did Malik Riaz do ????????..........he got the land cheap from Sind Govt by bribes........similarly Grand Hayat developer twisted Law by bribing or having an elitist clout..........I ask for the rule of law......law is always broken by powerful and if they are not punished than everybody does the same

insouciant

Minister (2k+ posts)
I think the right way to say what you have just said is that if you violate laws as a conglomerate or a company you can get away with it by paying a fine since rolling back your violation would massively impact your investor and economy. This was the case with Grand Hyatt, and Bahria Town. And our Law allows this too!

But if you encroach on a small scale, individually, then you will be fined and asked to roll back your encroachment too. After Bani Gala's regulation, all the rich people owning 20-30 Kanal farmhouses in the estate were fined and given notices to constrict their boundary walls within their legal allotted area!

So fact of matter is that if you are rich n encroach land illegally you can get away with it...........for the poor it is demolition with no questions asked........

Eyeaan

If the aim of justice system is to earn revenue, then nobody should be given a jail time. Court should halt proceedings against all corrupt businessmen, govt officials and politicians, even thieves and dacoits if they return the money
The cases are in NAB against Malik Riaz and others. This is only for the settlement of price of the land . Though the settlement price is a bit low but it is Ok -- it is the first time some big fish had to cough up.

Malik Riaz and the others will have to face the charges in the appropriate lower court.
SC cannot possibly decide the criminal cases and it ought to send the case to the lower court. If that had happened without a settlement, then Malik Riaz would have won.
Malik Riaz has been demanding for trial in the lower court from the very first day

Last edited:

mhafeez

Bani Gala:

Islamabad's Master Plan is split into 5 Zones. Bani Gala falls under zone-4 of Islamabad. All the land sale going on there by CDA or private sector is and has always been legal. But unlike Zone-1 and Zone-2 of Islamabad, CDA never "mandated" NOC procurement for residential buildings in Zone-4. So some people in Bani Gala started encroaching into others' land and this created a big mess. However, after the case verdict, now CDA will start reviewing the residential maps in Zone-4 and everyone shall be required to procure a NOC! That's the whole matter, which PPP and PMLN has been looking to twist to make it appear as if it is a Bahria Town like case!

OFFICIAL CDA ZONING REGULATIONS (stating what i've shared above):
??http://www.cda.gov.pk/documents/docs/zone4regulations.pdf

Grand Hyatt:

The Land sale for Grand Hyatt was legal and the land was marked for Hotels in Islamabad's Master Plan. This is where there is already a Serena Hotel next to it! However, Grand Hyatt without prior approval converted the Hotel building into an apartment building.

The court had two options:
  • Either demolish the building
  • or Fine the builder.
It chose the second option.

BAHRIA TOWN:

I think everyone knows the details here! Two main issues were:
  • Illegal sale of land. Land reserved for forests cannot be sold.
  • Illegal valuation of cost of land. Malir Development authority didn't sell the legal land for residential area on market rate! They took just 2 Billion Rupees for which we are getting Rs. 460 Billion now!! ???
Hope it is clear now!

Grand Hyatt Hotel Case:

The CDA leased the land to M/s BNP in 2005 to build a luxury hotel by Jinnah Convention Centre. The lessee instead built 240 luxury apartments.
IHC asked CDA to cancel the lease because government can fetch much more.
SC regularized this and ordered builder to pay 17.5 billion in seven years.

What is the difference??

Bani Gala Case:

The land was sold illegally. The land was not meant for residential purposes. No NOC was issued by CDA or UC concerned. IK presented a NOC which was forged document. IK was ordered to pay 250 per square yard to regularised this land.

What is the difference??

insouciant

Minister (2k+ posts)
Agree, but you need to first determine who is the real culprit in each case!

Bahria Town:

I've stated it earlier what Malik Riaz did. He bought
  • the land at dirt cheap price.
  • illegal land marked for forestry for residential purposes.

Now, the above two can happen because of two reasons:
  • negligence of MDA
  • Bribery/criminal act etc.

If it was the first case, then Malik Riaz shouldn't be punished and the matter should end at the settlement. If it was the latter case, which i think it is, then another case for fraudulent practices should be initiated and he should be charged with the crime!

Grand Hyatt:

Similarly, grand hyatt happened for two reasons:
  • negligence of CDA

I think in this case it is the former. Knowing that BNP is a multinational who are strictly conscious of business reputation, they wouldn't bribe as it would plummet their stocks if uncovered!

However, since CDA falls directly under Ministry of Interior, and when Rehman Malik was the ministry of interior, he allowed their request to convert the hotel into the apartment building and bought bunch of apartments for himself and others there! A NAB inquiry for this should be initiated and the responsible people in CDA/Parliament should be hanged for it!

So what did Malik Riaz do ????????..........he got the land cheap from Sind Govt by bribes........similarly Grand Hayat developer twisted Law by bribing or having an elitist clout..........I ask for the rule of law......law is always broken by powerful and if they are not punished than everybody does the same

mhafeez

Agree, but you need to first determine who is the real culprit in each case!

Bahria Town:

I've stated it earlier what Malik Riaz did. He bought
  • the land at dirt cheap price.
  • illegal land marked for forestry for residential purposes.
Now, the above two can happen because of two reasons:
  • negligence of MDA
If it was the first case, then Malik Riaz shouldn't be punished and the matter should end at the settlement. If it was the latter case, which i think it is, then another case for fraudulent practices should be initiated and he should be charged with the crime!

Grand Hyatt:

Similarly, grand hyatt happened for two reasons:
  • negligence of CDA
I think in this case it is the former. Knowing that BNP is a multinational who are strictly conscious of business reputation, they wouldn't bribe as it would plummet their stocks if uncovered!

However, since CDA falls directly under Ministry of Interior, and when Rehman Malik was the ministry of interior, he allowed their request to convert the hotel into the apartment building and bought bunch of apartments for himself and others there! A NAB inquiry for this should be initiated and the responsible people in CDA/Parliament should be hanged for it!

پہلی دفعہ ڈاکو کو چھوڑ دیں دوسری دفعہ ڈاکہ ڈالے تو سزا دیں
?

Eyeaan

Grand Hyatt Hotel Case:

The CDA leased the land to M/s BNP in 2005 to build a luxury hotel by Jinnah Convention Centre. The lessee instead built 240 luxury apartments.

What is the difference??

Bani Gala Case:

The land was sold illegally. The land was not meant for residential purposes. No NOC was issued by CDA or UC concerned. IK presented a NOC which was forged document. IK was ordered to pay 250 per square yard to regularised this land.

What is the difference??
Bani gala case is politicized; perhaps we'll ignore even the basic facts for political gains.
But what about the Grand Hyat Hotel?- What do you expect or suggest, ? Should the court order to demolish the whole building (partial demolishing is technically not possible and would be a blunder) or impose a hefty fine or confiscate the building without demolishing? Or some other choice.
What will be just and appropriate in your opinion?

insouciant

Minister (2k+ posts)
?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️

THE DIFFERENCE:

Grand Hyatt Hotel Case:

• The land BNP bought was legally marked for Hotel in the Islamabad's Master Plan.
  • BNP paid market price to purchase the land from CDA in 2005.
  • You can compare BNP with Bahria if you'll say that Bahria bought land legally for making a residential scheme but instead built an industrial zone there!
Understood or should i write in URDU?? ???

Bani Gala Case:

Read with open eyes this time: Especially clause 8, and clause 9 on Page 7. http://www.cda.gov.pk/documents/docs/zone4regulations.pdf

The land in Zone 4 Islamabad is marked for RESIDENTIAL PURPOSE SINCE Islamabad's Master Plan of 1965. I personally have a farmhouse there since 1994!! 1000's of people have residences there!!

And where you got the forged NOC

Grand Hyatt Hotel Case:

What is the difference??

Bani Gala Case:

What is the difference??

ali-raj

He cannot .........it started with Bani Gala than Grand Hayat n now this .........they have a precedent
Banigala is something else. It was nothing and IK made it something. There was nothing behind it. Don't know about Hayat.

ali-raj

He cannot .........it started with Bani Gala than Grand Hayat n now this .........they have a precedent

بھائیوں اور بہنوں۔۔۔میرے خیال میں یہ صرف کراچی کی ایک زمین کے بدلے ہے۔
ابھی سندھ اور ملک کے بقیہ حصے رہتے ہیں۔۔۔

This is what i think. Because total is on multiple cases i guess.
Anyway, my opinion is , take full payment back cause they have invested it , multiplied it, ate and live out of it. We are still leaving them with enough

rtabasum2

This is what i think. Because total is on multiple cases i guess.
Anyway, my opinion is , take full payment back cause they have invested it , multiplied it, ate and live out of it. We are still leaving them with enough
It is 3.2 billion $ coming your way in next seven years..............if Sind Govt gets it lump sum Karachi can be transformed.................more so that they should get PPP out of GOVT ASAP.....and it will go in Sind Govt Kitty not the federal Govt

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)
?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️

THE DIFFERENCE:

Grand Hyatt Hotel Case:

• The land BNP bought was legally marked for Hotel in the Islamabad's Master Plan.
  • BNP paid market price to purchase the land from CDA in 2005.
  • You can compare BNP with Bahria if you'll say that Bahria bought land legally for making a residential scheme but instead built an industrial zone there!
Understood or should i write in URDU?? ???

Bani Gala Case:

Read with open eyes this time: Especially clause 8, and clause 9 on Page 7. http://www.cda.gov.pk/documents/docs/zone4regulations.pdf

The land in Zone 4 Islamabad is marked for RESIDENTIAL PURPOSE SINCE Islamabad's Master Plan of 1965. I personally have a farmhouse there since 1994!! 1000's of people have residences there!!

And where you got the forged NOC
Sir G tussi farsi ich vi likh do te koi faida nai. These people come here with the my mind is made up so don't bother me with the facts attitude. Nothing you can say or do will change it as long as its not in favour of ganja or zardaku.

insouciant

Minister (2k+ posts)
Veer,

I knowS I KnowS! My Gun is towards them but my Nishana (Target) are rationale people who care about FACTS and are following the conversation!! ??

Sir G tussi farsi ich vi likh do te koi faida nai. These people come here with the my mind is made up so don't bother me with the facts attitude. Nothing you can say or do will change it as long as its not in favour of ganja or zardaku.