Status on overseas Pakistanis' voting

Politix

Voter (50+ posts)
ویسے یہ ایک نیا پھڈا ڈالا ہوا ہے
اپنے ملک میں تو صاف الیکشن کرواے نہی جاتے ، ساری دنیا میں انتظامات کریں گے

اور کس ملک میں ایسا ہوتا ہے ؟؟
باہر کی دنیا میں تو اگر آپ چھ مہینے سے زیادہ کسی حلقے میں نہ رہیں تو آپ اس حلقے میں ووٹ نہی ڈال سکتے
یہ ملک چھوڑ کر جانے والوں کو ووٹر بنا رہے ہیں ، کیوں کہ اس میں خان صاحب کے جیتنے کے امکانات ہیں

کوئی عقل کرو ، صرف اپنے اندرون ملک ہی صاف الیکشن کروا لو یہی بہت ہے

I don't agree with this. I live in UK. Here your Vote Card comes to your home address. And nobody ask if you have lived in this constituency for 6 months or not. And also UK expats retain right of vote for at least 15 years. Overseas UK citizens are given right to vote either by POST or by PROXY (yes, you can send someone else on your behalf) and of course in Person as well.
You could have many solutions of a problem but only if you want a solution. Yes of course there are always some loopholes but you don't give up on the face of these minor loses. Just like some people can make fake money doesn't mean you should stop using the money and start using the Gold or get back to Barter system.

HimSar

Minister (2k+ posts)
I don't agree with this. I live in UK. Here your Vote Card comes to your home address. And nobody ask if you have lived in this constituency for 6 months or not. And also UK expats retain right of vote for at least 15 years. Overseas UK citizens are given right to vote either by POST or by PROXY (yes, you can send someone else on your behalf) and of course in Person as well.
You could have many solutions of a problem but only if you want a solution. Yes of course there are always some loopholes but you don't give up on the face of these minor loses. Just like some people can make fake money doesn't mean you should stop using the money and start using the Gold or get back to Barter system.
Yeh cheez.

HimSar

Minister (2k+ posts)
Well i do not care because i have decided not to vote anyone. They all are scum bags.Over seas Pakistanis just need to concentrate on their life while living abroad unless they decide to pack their bags and go back to live in Pakistan. Ask yourself why did you leave Pak in the first place?
People from Pakistan apart from your family do not give a shit about you and majority of them are making fun of by calling DISH WASHER LOL. and you guys are losing weight in the care of Pakistan,even worried about the votes. What a joke.
Well, people have many reasons for being abroad, not all permanently. But I understand where you're coming from and we all know that pain of going back only to feel bewildered and lost. But then, that's the place where we go back to, so. #OPcamaraderie

HimSar

Minister (2k+ posts)
https://www.overseasvoting.gov.pk if you check it always says comming soon. but I am sure PMLN will not open the webside. as they know most of overseas are PTI's Voters. It was very hard work by Dr. Arif Alvi to get permission by EC and now they blocked the web. One should take action as its already complicated enough to get Verifikation CODE No for voting.
Exactly. That's why Mushahid Hussain was talking about hackers and the US elections and Russia and committees and what not, in the SC hearing for e-voting. PMLN were trying everything to block it. PTI has the biggest stake here and should have pushed more for this...

HimSar

Minister (2k+ posts)
you are 100% correct lots of hate loughs and jokes for us like people living in Pakistan are greater then any one, i m too scared to take my kids over to pakistan even to visit as their mother blood is mixed and they resemble with her as well, my relatives making fun of them when they see them in picture, why did u marry a chines look ur kids looks like chines. i was fair in color whole life i received torture of every one either its school or relatives or people living around us. To be honest we are more racist then any one.
Don't worry about your kids. They'll be fine. Pakistanis will understand soon. The future belongs to interracial people.

ali_786

MPA (400+ posts)
All of them are well educated its not about education its about the culture all of them are professors and teachers in collages or schools. i don't forget that m pakistani else i won't be on siasatpk. i do care but its harsh reality, i guess sialkot city isn't that backward but people are really. it hurt me alot. Anyways thanks for letting me know feel comfortable with your words regarding family.
But I also from sialkot and just few months ago brought my family and all welcomed my wife and kids such as VIP and haven’t ever feel my wife from abroad or kid looks like chinese . Be truly my wife told me that such beautiful family I wish to go back sialkot again and wana live with my parents and family . Hope such mind concept will be change with passage of time if someone think racism in their mind in pakistan. Wish you good luck dear .

Raaz

(50k+ posts) بابائے فورم
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right...ir_country_of_origin#United_States_of_America

لو جی یہ لنک ہے اس پر دیکھ لیں کہ کتنے ملک اس سہولت کو دیتے ہیں
سارے ملک ہی ترقی یافتہ ہے
پاکستان میں آج تک ایک الیکشن بھی فئیر اینڈ فری نہی ہوا
یہ باہر رہنے والوں کا الیکشن کیسے فیر کروائیں گے ؟ سمجھ سے بالا تر ہے

Politix

Voter (50+ posts)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right...ir_country_of_origin#United_States_of_America

لو جی یہ لنک ہے اس پر دیکھ لیں کہ کتنے ملک اس سہولت کو دیتے ہیں
سارے ملک ہی ترقی یافتہ ہے
پاکستان میں آج تک ایک الیکشن بھی فئیر اینڈ فری نہی ہوا
یہ باہر رہنے والوں کا الیکشن کیسے فیر کروائیں گے ؟ سمجھ سے بالا تر ہے

I'm not sure if you share the above link in your support or in opposition. Or even if you read it yourself or not. Anyhow here is one excerpt.

"According to an extensive and thorough research published in 2007 out of researched 214 countries and territories 115 had provisions for external voting"

Which means more than half of the world countries allow it. And bear in mind that was back in 2007. And you said
"اور کس ملک میں ایسا ہوتا ہے ؟؟"

And when we will do it? When rest of 213 countries have done it???

Last edited:

cestmoi ✅️

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
I'm not sure if you share the above link in your support or in opposite. Or even if you read it yourself or not. Anyhow here is one excerpt.

"According to an extensive and thorough research published in 2007 out of researched 214 countries and territories 115 had provisions for external voting"

Which means more than half of the world countries allow it. And bear in mind that is back in 2007.

I was thinking the same. That link goes against his argument. He has gone mental.

Raaz

(50k+ posts) بابائے فورم
I'm not sure if you share the above link in your support or in opposition. Or even if you read it yourself or not. Anyhow here is one excerpt.

Which means more than half of the world countries allow it. And bear in mind that was back in 2007. And you said
"اور کس ملک میں ایسا ہوتا ہے ؟؟"

And when we will do it? When rest of 213 countries have done it???
بھائی ، ایک سیدھی بات ہے کہ اہلیت نہی پاکستان میں کہ یہ سہولت دے سکے
اپنے ملک کے اندر الیکشن ہو جاۓ یہی بہت ہے
ہو سکتا ہے آنے والے دنوں میں اہلیت پیدا ہو جاۓ

آپ ایمانداری سے بتاؤ کہ اپنے ملک میں الیکشن ٹھیک ہوتے ہیں ؟؟؟
اگر نہی ہوتے تو پریفرنس اسکی ہے نا ؟؟؟

باقی آپکی ڈیمانڈ کی حد تک ٹھیک ہے ، لیکن عملی طور پر تقریبا نا ممکن ہے
ایسے ہی جیسے ہمارے ملک میں پانی بجلی تو ہے نہی ، میٹرو چل رہی ہے ، قرضے لے کر
شاید آپ سمجھ جائیں

Kamran Stu

MPA (400+ posts)
The system will be under the supervision of ECP. So if one thinks that ECP is compromised then there is no hope left. Overseas voting or no overseas voting, the org responsible for conducting the voting needs to be trusted one way or the other.