Role of religious scollars in addressing questions

KabirfFan

Citizen
Last week while listening to radio, a question was posed to a scollar, invited by the host to answer questions from public. A lady called in and asked " I am interested in buying a house with a mortgage, with interest, would I be in violation of my religion in doing so?".
This young lady knew before asking this question that scripture is very clear "No Interest" What would prompt a person to ask a question when the answer is clear, is she looking for a loop-hole?

Scollar replied " this issue has been dicussed by the scollars and we have come to the conclussion that a Muslim may purchase a home on interest while residing in a non Muslim country. If they don't they will fall back from the rest of community" I am glad the lady will now purchase a home for her kids.

Do the scollars have the authority to modify if the a person is residing in a non Muslim country or the application of religion could be different based on where one lives?

Among circle of my Muslim friends there is only one practicing Muslim from Palestine he has a successful auto repair bussiness and he owns a home with a Mortgage. He explained to me that as long as there is no exploitation a home could be purchased despite being forbiden.

If this is the case then difference between exploitation and reasonable is only one point and what is it?

Lets hear from you scollars. Sobia403 you are very anoying but i still like you [wall]

Star Gazer

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
In intellectual matters don't bother about wheather you like the person or not jsut see what they are saying makes sense or not.

From what little I have been able to understand about the philosophy and spirit of Islam is that it is a dynamic religion and Hazrat Mohammad (SAWWS) has said on occasions" Tum ko deen main aasani paida karne wala bana kar bheja gaya hai"(Pl. forgive if the qoutation is not exactly word by word) and for Islamic laws to be implemented there has to be Islamic environment,because Allah bohat meherban or Raham karnai walla hai. Now I think that in situations where ideal conditions are not existing some changes have to be acceptable temporarily and then Neeyat of the person is the most important thing.
You must have read that once when Hazrat Omer was the Khalifa in the time of famine a muslim was caught stealing fruit from an orchard Hazrat Omer did not punish him because the times were such and circumstances were exceptional.
I hope this is not annoying ,I have tried to make sense.

mistehbab

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
Islam is dynamic. It is most flexible way of living for peop

Assalam-o-Alaikum-Warahmat-ULLAH ALL,

It should be common sense to every Muslim, that whenever he is faced with situations that are out of his control, Islam provides easy ways of living.

Islamic is not a static DEEN. Its rules/principles/laws are flexible with changing circumstances.

Yes, Islam is a dynamic religion. It is not limited to saying, this law will ALWAYS apply. NO! Islam makes it easy for people to live their lives.

For example, when situations get life threatening and there's no food, Islam allows for non-halal food to be taken, but only in quantity that a person needs to survive.

Usually, Islam would never! allow taking in such food.

It is only natural, that Islam's rules/principles/laws are most! flexible when a human being wants to know how to live their lives.

Having said that, we Muslims should understand that there are crystal clear differences between a 'need of the hour' and 'mal-intentions' on part of a human being.

mhkhan1988

Citizen
Salaamu alaikum Wr WB

this is a Clear issue the Prophet SalAllahu alaihi wassalam said " Haram is clear and Halal is clear and in between are doubtful matters". and he said in a authentic narration that to do adultury with the own mother is better then to take 1 dirham interest money.

Here some proofs from Authentic Sunnah:

Al-Tirmidhi Hadith 2828 Narrated byAbuHurayrah Allah's Messenger (peace be upon him) said, "On the night when I was taken up to Heaven I came upon people whose bellies were like houses and contained snakes which could be seen from outside their bellies. I asked Gabriel who they were and he told me that they were people who had practised usury." Ahmad and Ibn Majah transmitted it.

Al-Tirmidhi Hadith 2825 Narrated byAbdullah ibn Hanzalah ; Abdullah ibn Abbas Allah's Messenger (peace be upon him) said, "A dirham which a man knowingly receives in usury is more serious than thirty-six acts of fornication." Ibn Abbas's version adds that he said, "Hell is more fitting for him whose flesh is nourished by what is unlawful." Ahmad and Daraqutni transmitted it. Bayhaqi transmitted in Shu'ab al-Iman on the authority of Ibn Abbas.

Sahih Al-Bukhari Hadith 8.840 Narrated byAbu Huraira The Prophet said, "Avoid the seven great destructive sins." They (the people) asked, "O Allah's Apostle! What are they?" He said, "To join partners in worship with Allah; to practice sorcery; to kill the life which Allah has forbidden except for a just cause (according to Islamic law); to eat up usury (Riba), to eat up the property of an orphan; to give one's back to the enemy and fleeing from the battlefield at the time of fighting and to accuse chaste women who never even think of anything touching chastity and are good believers."

Sunan of Abu-Dawood Hadith 3327 Narrated byAbdullah ibn Mas'ud The Apostle of Allah (peace be upon him) cursed the one who accepted usury, the one who paid it, the witness to it, and the one who recorded it.

Sunan of Abu-Dawood Hadith 3325 Narrated byAbuHurayrah The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: A time is certainly coming to mankind when only the receiver of usury will remain, and if he does not receive it, some of its vapour will reach him. Ibn Isa said: Some of its dust will reach him.

Al-Tirmidhi Hadith 2829 Narrated byAli ibn AbuTalib Ali heard Allah's Messenger (peace be upon him) curse those who took usury, those who paid it, those who recorded it, and those who refused to give sadaqah. And he used to prohibit wailing. Nasa'i transmitted it.

[2:275] Those who charge usury are in the same position as those controlled by the devil's influence. This is because they claim that usury is the same as commerce. However, GOD permits commerce, and prohibits usury. Thus, whoever heeds this commandment from his Lord, and refrains from usury, he may keep his past earnings, and his judgment rests with GOD. As for those who persist in usury, they incur Hell, wherein they abide forever

MIAN3000

Voter (50+ posts)
YE TO PHIR NRO HI HUA. ISLAM MEIN YAQINAN ASANI HAI LEKIN ISS KA MATLAB YE NAHI KE HAR KOI ISS PER HATH SAAF KARE. SOOD KA AIK DERHEM 36 MARTBA ZINA SE ZIADA SAKHT HAI.ALLAH SE JANG HAI. MUFTI SAHIB SE POOCHNA CHAHIYE .ALLAH KNOWS BETTER.

KabirfFan

Citizen
mhkhan1988 said:
Salaamu alaikum Wr WB

this is a Clear issue the Prophet SalAllahu alaihi wassalam said " Haram is clear and Halal is clear and in between are doubtful matters". and he said in a authentic narration that to do adultury with the own mother is better then to take 1 dirham interest money.

Thankyou mkkhan

There is no doubt it clearly states Interest is Harram. But this is also clear that the Intentions of this lady is to follow the correct path otherwise she would not have called the radio station. She is also a mother who would like her kids to play in the backyard and one day leave some property for them to make life easy for them.

If this question is posed to you what would your advise to her would be

gazoomartian

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
I presented Khutba in Friday prayers the following. Please read and bless yourself. And pray for me also for mughfirah:

????????? ??????????? ??????????? ??? ?????????? ?????? ????? ??????? ??????? ????????????? ????????????? ???? ?????????? ??????? ??????????? ????????? ???????? ????????? ?????? ????????????? ????????? ??????? ????????? ????????? ????????????? ????? ??????? ? ??????????? ???? ????????? ?????????? ?????? ? ??? ?????? ?????????? ?? ????? ????????? ?????? ????? ???????????????? ?????????? ?????????? ???? ?????? ??????????? (?????) ???????? ??????? ??????????? ????????? ??????????????? ????????? ??? ??????? ????? ???????? ??????? (?????) ????? ????????? ?????????? ??????????? ??????????????? ???????????? ??????????? ??????????? ??????????? ?????? ?????????? ????? ????????? ????? ?????? ?????????? ????? ???? ??????????? (?????) ????????????? ????????? ?????????? ????????? ??????? ????????? ??? ?????? ???? ???????????? ??? ?????? ???????????? (?????) ????? ????? ??????????? ??????????? ????????? ????? ??????? ?????????????? ????? ???????? ???????? ??????? ????????????? ??? ??????????? ????? ??????????? (Baqarah:275)

?? ??? ??? ????? ??? ????? ?? ?? ?? ???? ????? ?? ??? ?? ??? ?? ?? ??? ????? ?? ?? ?? ???? ?? ?? ??? ?? ??? ???? ??? ?? ???? ?? ?? ?? ??? ???? ?? ????? ?? ??? ??? ?? ??????? ??? ?? ???? ?? ?? ??????? ???? ??????? ???? ?? ??????? ?? ???? ??? ?? ??? ??? ?? ???? ??? ?? ??? ??? ???? ?? ?? ??? ?? ????? ????? ????? ??? ? ??? ?? ?? ???? ?? ??? ?? ?? ??? ?? ??? ??? ?? ?? ?????? ???? ?? ????? ?? ??? ?? ???? ??? ??? ?? ??? ??? ???? ???? ??? ?? ?? ??? ????? ???? ?? (?????) ???? ??? ?? ????? ?? ??? ????? ?? ?????? ?? ??? ???? ??? ?????? ??????? ?? ???????? ???? (?????) ?? ??? ????? ???? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???? ?? ???? ???? ??? ?????? ???? ??? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ??? ?? ????? ?? ??? ?? ?? ???? ??? ?? ???? ??? ?? ?? ????? ??? ?? (?????) ?? ????? ????! ???? ?? ??? ??? ?? ??? ???? ??? ?? ??? ?? ??? ???? ?? ??? ?? ????? ???? ?? (?????) ??? ?? ?? ?? ????? ?? ???? ??? ?? ?? ???? ?? ??? ?? ?????????? ????? ??? ?? ??? ??????? ?????? ??? ??? ?????? ?????? ????? ?? ?? ?? ??? ?? ??? ??? ??? ?? ?? ?? ??? ??? ???? ?? (?????) ??? ??? ?? ??? ??? ?? ?? ????? ???? ?? ???? ???? ?????? ??? ??? ?? ?? ?????? ??? ??? ?? ???? ?? ??? ?? ????? ?? (?????) ??? ?? ?? ?? ??? ?? ?? ???? ?? ??? ?????? ??? ?? ??? ??? ?? ??? ?? ?? ?? ????? ?? ???? ???? ???? ?? ??? ???? ?? ??? ?? ?? ??? ?? ????

*** Translation begins ****

Those who devour usury, will not stand except as stand one whom the Evil one by his touch has driven to madness. That is because they say: "Trade is like usury," but Allah has permitted trade and forbidden usury. Those who stop devouring usury after receiving direction from their Lord, shall be forgiven for the past; their case is for Allah to judge. But those who continue devouring usury, after receiving direction from Allah, are companions of the Fire, for they will be in there for ever.
Allah will deprive usury of all blessing, but will give increase for deeds of charity: For He does not love people, who are ungrateful and immoral.
Those who believe, and do deeds of righteousness, and establish regular prayers and regular charity, will have their reward with their Lord: on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve.
O! Believers! Fear Allah, and give up what is left of usury owing to you, if you are indeed believers.
If you do it not, take notice of war from Allah and His Messenger. But if you turn back, you shall have your capital sums: Deal not unjustly, and you shall not be dealt with unjustly.

Hope this has helped

KabirfFan

Citizen
gazoomartian said:
I presented Khutba in Friday prayers the following. Please read and bless yourself. And pray for me also for mughfirah:

????????? ??????????? ??????????? ??? ?????????? ?????? ????? ??????? ??????? ????????????? ????????????? ???? ?????????? ??????? ??????????? ????????? ???????? ????????? ?????? ????????????? ????????? ??????? ????????? ????????? ????????????? ????? ??????? ? ??????????? ???? ????????? ?????????? ?????? ? ??? ?????? ?????????? ?? ????? ????????? ?????? ????? ???????????????? ?????????? ?????????? ???? ?????? ??????????? (?????) ???????? ??????? ??????????? ????????? ??????????????? ????????? ??? ??????? ????? ???????? ??????? (?????) ????? ????????? ?????????? ??????????? ??????????????? ???????????? ??????????? ??????????? ??????????? ?????? ?????????? ????? ????????? ????? ?????? ?????????? ????? ???? ??????????? (?????) ????????????? ????????? ?????????? ????????? ??????? ????????? ??? ?????? ???? ???????????? ??? ?????? ???????????? (?????) ????? ????? ??????????? ??????????? ????????? ????? ??????? ?????????????? ????? ???????? ???????? ??????? ????????????? ??? ??????????? ????? ??????????? (Baqarah:275)

?? ??? ??? ????? ??? ????? ?? ?? ?? ???? ????? ?? ??? ?? ??? ?? ?? ??? ????? ?? ?? ?? ???? ?? ?? ??? ?? ??? ???? ??? ?? ???? ?? ?? ?? ??? ???? ?? ????? ?? ??? ??? ?? ??????? ??? ?? ???? ?? ?? ??????? ???? ??????? ???? ?? ??????? ?? ???? ??? ?? ??? ??? ?? ???? ??? ?? ??? ??? ???? ?? ?? ??? ?? ????? ????? ????? ??? ? ??? ?? ?? ???? ?? ??? ?? ?? ??? ?? ??? ??? ?? ?? ?????? ???? ?? ????? ?? ??? ?? ???? ??? ??? ?? ??? ??? ???? ???? ??? ?? ?? ??? ????? ???? ?? (?????) ???? ??? ?? ????? ?? ??? ????? ?? ?????? ?? ??? ???? ??? ?????? ??????? ?? ???????? ???? (?????) ?? ??? ????? ???? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???? ?? ???? ???? ??? ?????? ???? ??? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ??? ?? ????? ?? ??? ?? ?? ???? ??? ?? ???? ??? ?? ?? ????? ??? ?? (?????) ?? ????? ????! ???? ?? ??? ??? ?? ??? ???? ??? ?? ??? ?? ??? ???? ?? ??? ?? ????? ???? ?? (?????) ??? ?? ?? ?? ????? ?? ???? ??? ?? ?? ???? ?? ??? ?? ?????????? ????? ??? ?? ??? ??????? ?????? ??? ??? ?????? ?????? ????? ?? ?? ?? ??? ?? ??? ??? ??? ?? ?? ?? ??? ??? ???? ?? (?????) ??? ??? ?? ??? ??? ?? ?? ????? ???? ?? ???? ???? ?????? ??? ??? ?? ?? ?????? ??? ??? ?? ???? ?? ??? ?? ????? ?? (?????) ??? ?? ?? ?? ??? ?? ?? ???? ?? ??? ?????? ??? ?? ??? ??? ?? ??? ?? ?? ?? ????? ?? ???? ???? ???? ?? ??? ???? ?? ??? ?? ?? ??? ?? ????

Those who devour usury, will not stand except as stand one whom the Evil one by his touch has driven to madness. That is because they say: "Trade is like usury," but Allah has permitted trade and forbidden usury. Those who stop devouring usury after receiving direction from their Lord, shall be forgiven for the past; their case is for Allah to judge. But those who continue devouring usury, after receiving direction from Allah, are companions of the Fire, for they will be in there for ever.
Allah will deprive usury of all blessing, but will give increase for deeds of charity: For He does not love people, who are ungrateful and immoral.
Those who believe, and do deeds of righteousness, and establish regular prayers and regular charity, will have their reward with their Lord: on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve.
O! Believers! Fear Allah, and give up what is left of usury owing to you, if you are indeed believers.
If you do it not, take notice of war from Allah and His Messenger. But if you turn back, you shall have your capital sums: Deal not unjustly, and you shall not be dealt with unjustly.

Hope this has helped
gazoomartian said:

Hope this has helped

Thanks Gaz But it did not help

The circumstances are very different the person has no intention of collecting Interest. In a case where an individual, who is trying to walk the right path, when decision has to be made, it involves purchasing a farm or a Truck in order to earn a livelihood in a circumstance where Interest must be paid in order to make such purchases.

gazoomartian

KabirfFan said:
gazoomartian said:
Hope this has helped

Thanks Gaz But it did not help

The circumstances are very different the person has no intention of collecting Interest. In a case where an individual, who is trying to walk the right path, when decision has to be made, it involves purchasing a farm or a Truck in order to earn a livelihood in a circumstance where Interest must be paid in order to make such purchases.

Once Allah has laid down the rul in the book, its now upto individual to follow or not to follow with or without any execuse.

I met a new muslim brother in kentcuky, US. After maghrib prayer, he took me to the corner and said this:

' I have accepted Islam 6 months ago. I have tried to ask many brother from the mosque, but nobody has helped me. .....I read that transaction in or of interest is haram. I am a student in the Lousville University and need to take out a student loan but I dont want to pay interest. What should I do? Give up the education or pay the interest? by the way you lead the prayers very well. you read Koran very good'

I was flattered that he liked my recitation and replied this way:

Brother, congratulation for choosing the only religion you will never need for here and hereafter. We all know that interest is forbidden but you also have to look at your option. We live in a country thathas interest embedddinto heart and mind of people, business and education. Its also true that the US needs muslim elites, such scholars, journalists, laywers, politicians, CEO, CFO etc. Butyoucan not become anoy of these if you do not study or do anything that would not involve inetrest. to open a little grocery corner storner you would need to borrow. To educate yourself, you need to borrow because your folks will not lend youspecially now that you have become a Muslim. So you see you have absolutley no options if you want to become a visible Muslim in the American soceity.

So brother I suggest that you sell your house, if youhave any, or borrow money and pay interest. Try to pay it off as soon as posible after you are settled in your life as a big man in Louisvill. Because Allah said: I do not want to impose undue burden on you (last ruku of Baqrah)

He thanked me for the honest suggestion ad nreplied that he would let me know of his decision after discussing with his lady.

Few months later, he came for the Maghrib and I asked him about the decision. He replied:

Brother I liked your suggestion. We sold the house and will use the money for education while my wife wil work and I will work part time. Allahwill help me. thanks again brother

Star Gazer

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Friends when ever lays down the rules he lays down the conditions for that too.
JO CHEEZ TUM KO SHAK MEIN DALAY US KO CHOR DO.If you do not find answer to your quest in a satisfying way then I think keep working on it and do what you have to do to live your life. Example ,if you have gold in the form of jewlery or other piece of property then sell that to collect as much as you can without mortgage and then leave the rest in the hands of God because we can only do so much,let Him take over after you have done all the Hujjat that He asks you to do.

gazoomartian

sobia403 said:
Friends when ever lays down the rules he lays down the conditions for that too.
JO CHEEZ TUM KO SHAK MEIN DALAY US KO CHOR DO.If you do not find answer to your quest in a satisfying way then I think keep working on it and do what you have to do to live your life. Example ,if you have gold in the form of jewlery or other piece of property then sell that to collect as much as you can without mortgage and then leave the rest in the hands of God because we can only do so much,let Him take over after you have done all the Hujjat that He asks you to do.

bilkul saheeh farmaya aap ney. read this please (Last roku or Baqarah)

??? ????????? ??????? ??????? ?????? ??????????? ????? ??? ???????? ??????????? ??? ????????????? ???????? ??? ???????????? ??? ????????? ???? ????????????? ???????? ????? ???????? ????????? ???????? ????? ?????????? ? ????? ????????? ??? ??????????? ???????? ????? ???????????? ??? ??? ??????? ????? ??????? ??????? ?????? ????????? ????? ?????????????? ????? ??????????? ??????????? ????? ????????? ??????????????

[Allah tasketh not a soul beyond its scope. For it (is only) that which it hath earned, and against it (only) that which it hath deserved. Our Lord! Condemn us not if we forget, or miss the mark! Our Lord! Lay not on us such a burden as thou didst lay on those before us! Our Lord! Impose not on us that which we have not the strength to bear! Pardon us, absolve us and have mercy on us, Thou, our Protector, and give us victory over the disbelieving folk.

???? ??? ?? ?? ?? ???? ?? ??? ????? ???? ???? ???? ?? ????? ??? ??? ?? ?? ?? ??? ????? ?? ?? ??? ??? ?? ??? ?? ?? ?? ?????! ??? ?? ???? ????? ?? ???? ???? ?? ???? ?? ??? ?? ?? ?????! ??? ?? ?? ????? ???? ?? ??? ???? ?? ?? ?? ?? ???? ????? ?? ???? ??? ?? ?? ?????! ??? ?? ?? ?? ???? ?? ????? ?? ?? ???? ???? ???? ??? ???? ???? ?? ?? ??? ???? ??? ?? ??? ?? ?? ??? ?? ?? ?? ????? ?????? ?? ?????? ?? ?????? ??? ?? ????? ??? ??

siddique

MPA (400+ posts)
assalamoalaikum
firstly all the brothers and sisters use this forum should be careful when writing the blessed name of rasullallah sallalaho alaihay wasalum with complete letters not (salaws) or pbuh and so for the rightious compmananions razi allah ho anhum,
secondly only an alim or best is to ask a mufti,but here every one is mufti,we should be very careful regarding issues of islam and not every one can give his or her oppinion its not a joke..............
finaly whats a problem living in a rented house??????????????????????????????????????
the suffering of this dunia is nothing compare to the hereafter
greed has no limit,people think that why should we live in a rented house if we can buy after 25 years it will belong to us or the family,forgeting we dont know when the death can come and everybody gona be resposible for his or her action not the family would come and be answerable on your behalf.....
may allah gide us to the right path and show ud sirat e muskeem (ameen)