Pukhtunistan

Psycho

MPA (400+ posts)
PUKHTUNISTAN

Nothern Western Frontier Province (NWFP) is populated by Pukhtuns, Hindki, Seraiki, Kohistani and Gujjars. The largest majority is the Pukhtun clan which is 81% of the whole NWFP population. The rest 19% population is the people of other people like Hindki, Seraiki, Kohistani and Gujjars. The major language of communication in the province is Pashto language because of the dominant majority of the Pukhtun people. Seraiki, Kohistani and Gujjars's new generations are rarely speaking their mother languages because they are mixed with the Pashto speaking people and nowadays they use Pashto language is the prime means of effective communication. There are seven division in NWFP namely Peshawar, Mardan, Kohat, Malakand, DI Khan, Bannu and Hazara. Pukhtu is the sole language spoken in the six division of NWFP. Only in Hazara division three main languages are spoken of which 49% of the whole populations are Pukhtuns and they spoke Pukhtu as their prime means of communication the rest 51% are Hinko and Kohistani speaking people. The 49% PUKHTUNS population of Hazara division also demand PUKHTUNKHWA as their province name instead of NWFP. The National Assembly of Pakistan passed the 18th constitutional amendment with more than two third majority of the parliament. This 18th amendment of 1973 constitution was voted in favour by 292 out of 342 members of the parliament. There are total of 102 articles in the 18th amendment, each and every article is voted individually by the 342 members and each article is passed with a clear two third majority. One article of this 18th amendment of the constitution is about the renaming of the long awaited urge of the 81% Population of the NWFP province to rename their province as PUKHTUNKHWA according to their identity like all the other three provinces of Pakistan. <ref>http://www.statpak.gov.pk/depts/pco/statistics/pop_by_province/pop_by_province.html</ref>

Where Punjab is name of province with Punjabi speaking majority, Sindh is name of province with Sindhi speaking majority and Balochistan is the name of province with Balochi speaking majority. The Pukhtun people were betrayed of their identity for the last 63 years though they are with 81% majority in their province. There were joy and happiness on the 8th of april 2010 when the 18th amendment was passed and the NWFP was named "PUKHTUNKHWA". The 81% majority PUKHTUNS regain their lost identity after such a long time though the scantily 11% Hindko speaking people are provoked by the political party PML-Q which was made by a dictator who had also abolished the 1973 Constitution with 17 amendment and LFO. The 7 % people speaks Seraiki, Kohistani and Gujjro which are dispersed scantily in the province.<ref>Geo Program "The Capital Talk"</ref>

The 81% Pukhtuns are always betrayed their basic rights and their right of self determination since the British Empire, the reason they are betrayed of their basic rights because the british consider that if they are given their name and identity then they can throw the british empire. The british empire devised a very sophisticated plan to divide and rule the whole of PUKHTUNISTAN, they divided the PUKHTUNISTAN into four different parts namely NWFP, Balochistan Pukhtun areas, FATA and Nothern Area. This division scattered the strength of Pukhtun nation into four scattered administering units as mention by Olaf Caroe in his book The Pathans.
The army chief of Pakistan named General Yahya not only lost east Pakistan (Bengal) but also further seperated a few more areas from Pukhtunistan like murree, mianwali and chasma. This has shrink the Pukhtunistan to a greater extent. The idea behind this division was very heinous just like the british empire. The Pakistan establishment which is largely the Punjab industrialist, Feudals and Army Officer , they have a very narrow vision only focusing on the development of the few cities of punjab where their industries reside, they want that the Punjab should remain the power centre and for that reason they do not want any other province to be economically, politically and industrially strong. They don't want that provinces should be autonomous because they want that the whole wealth and power should remain in the hands of this strong establishment of Punjab. They want that power hub should remain in their grip so they can steer the whole resources, army, bureaucracy and politics of Pakistan. If the Pukhtuns are given their own province of PUKHTUNISTAN and all the four divided entities are combined to form a single province then the establishment of Punjab is scared of this because they do not want that their hegemony should be shared by any other nation like Pukhtuns or Baloch or Sindhi. They do not want that four divided entities like NWFP, Balochistan Pukhtuns, FATA, Northern Pukhtun populated Areas, Attock, Mianwali, Chasma and Murree should be united into one province of PUKHTUNISTAN.<ref>The Pathans book written by British historian Sir Olaf Caroe</ref>

If this PUKHTUNISTAN is united into a single strong province then they would have a significant number of seats in the parliament and senate, they will be able to move their own resolution for provincial autonomy, electricity revenue, tobacco revenue, revenue from the coal, petroleum and gas. They will be able to sell their resources with the world market prices to the flourishing industry of Punjab and they will get fair price for their resources which would enable the Pukhtun nation to be prosper and wealthy as a whole as Punjab is getting a very fair prices for their Wheat and Cotton from other provinces. As a single roti cost Rs. 1 in Punjab and the same roti cost Rs. 8 in other provinces. In the 18th amendment only peanuts are given to the provinces because they mention that each province will get 10% of the whole Pakistan budget as mention in the document of 18th constitutional amendment which is very low and it does not prove to provide total autonomy to the provinces because they shifted 26 ministries to the provinces and the provinces will support these 26 ministries from the 10% budget of the provinces. This is very unjust system from the Pakistan Establishment and therefore it is clear that they do not want the provincial autonomy and they put the full burden of 26 ministries on provincial government which will obviously hamper the development of the province and people. This is true for all the deprived areas of Pakistan which include PUKHTUNISTAN, SINDH, Baluchistan and Southern Punjab. The people are getting aware of their rights with every passing day and this status quo of these few people won't last forever. History shows us that every unjust empire is overthrown brutally by the oppressed and deprived nations with bloodshed and people force. The revolution of France, Iran and recently the Kazakhstan model is not very far away from people of Pakistan. <ref>The 18th Constitutional Amendment of Pakistan 2010 document</ref>
http://www.valleyswat.net/literatures/Pukhto.pdf

Pk001

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
I am a resident of Hazara, a pathan from my background and speak both pashto and hindko. Whatever you have stated above may be correct but this is not even our concern. What we are angry at is that a couple of people including the dictators best friend Nawaz Sharif and Asfandyar Wali the anti pakistani party decided on the name of the province within their drawing rooms. Hazara people were not consulted at all and the rest of the NWFP such as DI KHAN and Chitral werent taken into confidence, this name has been decided by only the 2 above stated people for their own interests. I love Pathans as much as I love Hazarewals as I am both, but I hate ANP as they r still hoping to seperate from Pakistan which I will never accept. Long Live Sarhad, Down with Sarhadi Gandhi

shaheedchoudry

Minister (2k+ posts)
i am a resident of hazara, a pathan from my background and speak both pashto and hindko. Whatever you have stated above may be correct but this is not even our concern. What we are angry at is that a couple of people including the dictators best friend nawaz sharif and asfandyar wali the anti pakistani party decided on the name of the province within their drawing rooms. Hazara people were not consulted at all and the rest of the nwfp such as di khan and chitral werent taken into confidence, this name has been decided by only the 2 above stated people for their own interests. I love pathans as much as i love hazarewals as i am both, but i hate anp as they r still hoping to seperate from pakistan which i will never accept. Long live sarhad, down with sarhadi gandhi
very nice, all the best to you. I salute your patriotism.

drkjke

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
I am a resident of Hazara, a pathan from my background and speak both pashto and hindko. Whatever you have stated above may be correct but this is not even our concern. What we are angry at is that a couple of people including the dictators best friend Nawaz Sharif and Asfandyar Wali the anti pakistani party decided on the name of the province within their drawing rooms. Hazara people were not consulted at all and the rest of the NWFP such as DI KHAN and Chitral werent taken into confidence, this name has been decided by only the 2 above stated people for their own interests. I love Pathans as much as I love Hazarewals as I am both, but I hate ANP as they r still hoping to seperate from Pakistan which I will never accept. Long Live Sarhad, Down with Sarhadi Gandhi

isnt it tragic that todays hottest issue is what name nwfp should have, when pakhtoons are being bhutchered by pakistani and american army daily in tribal areas and nwfp ,last month 65 teen aged madrasa children were killed in pakistan airforce bombing over orakzai agency etc,but no one takes out processions to stop that killing...but people are so emotional about name of province!!!!!such nations get allahs severe azaab
when halaaku khan the tatar was attacking baghdad they were also like pakistani people,halaku had reached the door of baghdad and the hottest topic of discussion in baghdad was these days that is quran makhlooq of allah or not,or that is crow halaal to eat or not!!!!!
same is case here..why the hell is name so important!that we fighting over name but do not even protest aginst killing of our tribal muslim brothers daily

by the way best name of nwfp is either suba sarhad or if it is not acceptable than darul islam...but naming of province should be second priority,first priority should be to protect the lives of nwfp people from america and its slave mercenary army

sangeen

Minister (2k+ posts)
who are u fooling??????? ANP changed the name with majority. how the hell will 3% hazara people decide the fate of 81% Pakhtoons???? That creepy old baba haider zaman is a maniac and retard who wants to create storm in a cup of tea.... They accepted Sarhad for 62 years and never complained about their identity and now they are jumping if the province is given a just and sound name....

greywolf

Councller (250+ posts)
who are u fooling??????? ANP changed the name with majority. how the hell will 3% hazara people decide the fate of 81% Pakhtoons???? That creepy old baba haider zaman is a maniac and retard who wants to create storm in a cup of tea.... They accepted Sarhad for 62 years and never complained about their identity and now they are jumping if the province is given a just and sound name....

brother you could have said all this in a contained tone. No need to get high and fight. I find both arguments reasonable ... so what is wrong if Hazara is made another province ? After all we are all brothers. If Afghanis can feel for Pakistani pakhtuns ... why can't Pakhtunistani feel for Hazara ones ?

As for the majority mirage ... please set your records straight. There is no majority in Pakistan. If some goondas can make government with only 30% votes of the whole population ... that is not a majority but a joke. So leave these stats out of it. On the contrary ... focus on ANP leaders statements against Pakistan and Quaid e Azam and make them accountable for that.

greywolf

Councller (250+ posts)
All Indian Muslim League won all elections in Fatehpur Sikri and areas around all neighboring districts despite Hindu Majority thanks to all Muslim administration of the area stretched from Agra to Rajasthan. Muslims had all the guns in town too.According to one account there was only one “Congresse” in Fatehpur Sikri and adjoining areas – Nabi Azad who was hanged publicly on the 7th of January1947 along with his family when he publicly “ridiculed” Mohammad Ali Jinnah at Buland Dirwaza in Fatehpur Sikri. During the days of the partition the Sikhs started pouring into areas around Fatehpur Sikri where our families owned land. They came to occupy lands and atleast 12 reported incidents of rioting took place from early January, 1947 to July, 1947.

This excerpt is taken from autobiography of Margoob Ahmed Chishti who was a descendant of Hadrat Khwaja Saleem Usmani Chishti in Fatehpur Sikri. This Hadrat Khawaja Saleem Chishti is the same saint where Akbar Badshah went barefooted and prayed for a male issue and Jehangir was born. The point is these were the kind of people who strived for Pakistan and how they felt for Quaid e Azam. I don't understand how can we stand our political leaders to openly denounce that great leader and national father in the assemblies of a country that great leader found.

Now would we ask ANP leaders to come out clean ?

sangeen

Minister (2k+ posts)
I think ANP did what they did in the past but they are now part of the mainstream politics in Pakistan..... But you people are destroying Pakistan by suggesting provinces for every one.... Pakhtoons suffered enough and if they cannot be given a fcuken name of their choice then how the hell you would give them their other rights like Electricity royalty... Pakhtoonkhwah was already deprived of many districts in the past by snatching them and given to panjab....

If province is the solution then can we demand one in Balochistan as well???? coz nearly half the population there is Pakhtoons.... and how about Saraiki province in Panjab..... how about you hold a knife in your hand and try to tear apart Pakistan in as many provinces as you like.... so that Noora and his family have their own and every Tom, Dick and Harry got their own chunk.... and every bunch of idiots given their own small provinces....

rajakhanmd

Senator (1k+ posts)

The Hazara region has been the reason that ANP was never a sole political power in Pukhtoon-Kha. ANP has not shown any gesture towards Hazara people, reason being that this demand serves their purposes. Just imagine the power of ANP in Pukhtoon-Kha once Hazara is also declared as a province and then their ability to propagate their agenda would multiply many folds.

ANP (only got 10-15% of votes ) played their game very beautifully, understanding that this the golden opportunity to get it done, allying with Zardari sb at a high time to make sure they could negotiate on their terms.

I am just sad that most political parties did not see through this. Most of the leaders in the Hazara Tehreek are in it for their political revival. Moreover, the present Hazara people, though truly faithful with Pakistan, under some shortsighted leaders may end up in harming Pakistan in the way the could never imagine.