PML(N) & ASWJ (LeJ)..... An UnHoly Alliance - Feisal H Naqvi

Sher_ka_Shakari

Senator (1k+ posts)

Amir Mir is one of Pakistan’s most respected journalists and an authority on militancy and terrorism. He has written a number of books on the subject including the well-regarded “Talibanisation of Pakistan: From 9/11 to 26/11.” In 2006, he won the APNS award for the best investigative journalist.

Mr Mir’s credentials are worth noting because this past Friday, he authored a front-page article for The News which stated in blunt terms that: 1) the Federal Government wanted the Punjab Government to “launch a massive crackdown on the Lashkar-e-Jhangvi (LJ) and the defunct Sipah-e-Sahaba Pakistan (SSP)”; 2) “Chief Minister Shahbaz Sharif is unlikely to oblige” the Federal Government by launching such an operation; and 3) the “main reason” why the Punjab Government is refusing to take action against the Lashkar-e-Jhangvi is because it has “a seat-to-seat adjustment deal between the PML-N and Ahle Sunnat Wal Jamaat (ASWJ) for the upcoming elections”.

In case the alphabet soup of parties has left you confused, let me explain.

The Lashkar-e-Jhangvi is a militant group which has explicitly taken responsibility for the mass killings of Shias in Balochistan and elsewhere. The LeJ has also expressly taken responsibility for last week’s murder of Dr Ali Haider and his 12-year-old son in Lahore.

The SSP is an organisation established in the early 1980s by Maulana Haq Nawaz Jhangvi whose avowed intent was to turn Pakistan into a Sunni state. The SSP was banned in 2002 as a terrorist organisation under the Anti-Terrorism Act, 1997. According to Mr Mir and others, the ASWJ is merely a rebranded version of the SSP. In any event, the ASWJ has also been declared to be a banned organisation.

Let me therefore repeat Mr Mir’s central contention in simpler words: the Government of Punjab is unwilling to act against the self-proclaimed killers of Shias because the PML-N has an electoral alliance with a banned organisation believed to support the killing of Shias.

Is Mr Mir’s assertion correct? Frankly, I don’t know. The PML-N has denied Mr Mir’s report as it had denied an earlier report to the same effect in The Express Tribune. Unlike theTribune, Mr Mir has issued a response to the PML-N’s denial in which he has reasserted his contention. He has noted that he had filed his report after getting the PML-N’s version from a member of that party’s central executive committee, that the PML-N and the ASWJ had jointly contested a by-election on a Punjab Assembly seat for Jhang in March 2010, and that Punjab Law Minister Rana Sanaullah had openly campaigned for a PML-N candidate in 2010 along with Maulana Ludhianvi (a leader of first the SSP and now the ASWJ). Mr Mir has also noted that the Government of Punjab has admitted paying a monthly stipend to the family of Malik Ishaq — the vice-president of the ASWJ, allegedly a founder of the LeJ, and an accused in at least 43 different cases for the murder of over 70 people. As noted by The Express Tribune and other newspapers, witnesses who appear against Mr Ishaq tend to die suddenly.

What does all of this mean? I do not know for sure. But I am certainly not reassured by what the PML-N hierarchy is saying.

Take, for example, this recent statement by Ahsan Iqbal:

“We strongly condemn terrorist acts against Ahle Tashee …. These incidents have been happening for a while now. Who is behind these acts of terrorism? Why are these elements still at large?”

Seriously? The PML-N is the second largest political party in the country and, as the ruler of Punjab, directly responsible for governing half the population of Pakistan. The Shia population of Pakistan has been getting slaughtered at an increasingly rapid rate. How is it that the Deputy Secretary General of the PML-N can have no idea and no opinion as to the entity responsible for those killings, especially when the Lashkar-e-Jhangvi has repeatedly, proudly and openly claimed responsibility?

Not convinced? Take a look at the statement of condemnation issued by Mian Nawaz Sharif after more than 80 people were massacred in Quetta. That statement is too long to reproduce here but is notable only for the blandness of its language and its refusal to blame any specific group (excluding, of course, the Federal Government).

Khurram Dastgir Khan of Gujranwala, my good and extraordinarily learned friend, represents the PML-N on Twitter. I specifically asked him to comment on Amir Mir’s report but got no reply. Instead, Mr Dastgir has linked to reports of Mian Shahbaz Sharif ordering action against LeJ after prefacing them with the slogan “action, not words”. If Mian Shahbaz Sharif is finally taking action against LeJ, that is a good thing. But it needs to be understood that words too are important.

I have criticised Imran Khan in the past for his desire to enter into negotiations with the Taliban and I stand by that criticism today. At the same time, Imran Khan deserves tremendous credit for being the only major opposition figure to openly denounce the Lashkar-e-Jhangvi. I have yet to see any similar open and public condemnation of the Lashkar-e-Jhangvi by the PML-N. And its absence is being increasingly noted by Pakistan’s Shias.

Let me state some simple figures. Shias make up anywhere from 15-25 per cent of Pakistan’s population which in turn means about 30 to 50 million people. Even the lower end of that range represents a very large number of people.

I mention these figures because the PML-N needs to understand that: 1) the Shias are watching; and, 2) irrespective of how many Shias get killed, the remainder will still outnumber those tempted to vote for the PML-N by its pussy-footing around with the likes of Maulana Ludhianvi.

I’m sure the Sharif brothers already know that killing Shias is immoral. But they may also wish to consider that buying votes with Shia blood is bad politics.

Published in The Express Tribune, February
26[SUP]th[/SUP], 2013.

Last edited:

Mullah Omar

Minister (2k+ posts)
Re: PML(N) & ASWJ (LeJ)..... An UnHoly Alliance

Maulana Ludhyanvi has made it clear that ASWJ has nothing to do with LeJ so f*ck Amir Mir and the shia writter of this article.

Sher_ka_Shakari

Senator (1k+ posts)

Maulana Ludhyanvi has made it clear that ASWJ has nothing to do with LeJ so f*ck Amir Mir and the shia writter of this article.

Brother i believe the Core issue is not the Shia's or Sunni's..... it is innocent Killings ...... as i am a innocent Sunni no one has the right to kill me and similarly if anyone is a innocent Shia no one has the right to kill him. Even our religion does not allow to kill innocent non muslims not even animals and here we are talking about human beings who are muslims, who may have a lot of differences but remember killing them must be condemned and the killers Hanged till Death.

And i think you missed this from the article:
Malik Ishaq — the vice-president of the ASWJ, allegedly a founder of the LeJ, and an accused in at least 43 different cases for the murder of over 70 people. As noted by TheExpress Tribune and other newspapers, witnesses who appear against Mr Ishaq tend to die suddenly.

This is just an example: If the Sunni and Shia organization's have any problem among selves regarding their beliefs, they should be killing each other's members, General Public and Innocent people have nothing to do with them.....Let the masses live peacefully.

Last edited:

Pracha

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)

Brother i believe the Core issue is not the Shia's or Sunni's..... it is innocent Killings ...... as i am a innocent Sunni no one has the right to kill me and similarly if anyone is a innocent Shia no one has the right to kill him. Even our religion does not allow to kill innocent non muslims not even animals and here we are talking about human beings who are muslims, who may have a lot of differences but remember killing them must be condemned and the killers Hanged till Death.

Malik Ishaq — the vice-president of the ASWJ, allegedly a founder of the LeJ, and an accused in at least 43 different cases for the murder of over 70 people. As noted by TheExpress Tribune and other newspapers, witnesses who appear against Mr Ishaq tend to die suddenly.

Why are you preaching a fanatic???

These people can kill on a dime, but will be happy to form long lines when dollars are being dolled out.

Darik

MPA (400+ posts)

Nawaz is also involve in Karachi violence, because in suites his political goal. How a leader who repersents 65% of the population can involve in such a crimnal act of killing. Pakistani should think seriously. We can save Pakistan by keeping an eye on the events which will unfold before election. Thing are getting clear why we can't stop killing.

Mullah Omar

Minister (2k+ posts)

Malik Ishaq was arrested few days back, hang him if he is found guilty of alleged crimes. Let Amir Mir and Faisal Naqvi (the writer of this article and a secular shia) bring all proofs against him. ASWJ chief Maulana Ludhyanvi has said they are against ALL terrorist attacks so why do these clowns continue to bark against ASWJ?

Pakistan 1st

Minister (2k+ posts)

419186_578113138868285_253540664_n.jpg

Last edited:

karachiwala

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)

Once again we are seeing shias starting a campaign to blame Sunni Scholars for everything that is wrong under the sun. When someone replies they start crying foul. Some time ago we had Buturabi who had the tongue of a snake full of venom but was always crying that he was being victimized. We have shias coming here and pretending to be all do gooders, love Islam, Love Sahaba and rosy rosy good. Well guess what, we are not stupid. We know what you are and how you operate.

Sedqal

Interestingly the author of this piece is none other then one Mr. Feisal H Naqvi and the article has been published in Express tribune. Link > http://tribune.com.pk/story/512400/an-unholy-alliance/ (Which many PTI members claim is a part of Illuminati or something like that)

Same author wrote another article a few weeks back aptly titled "Shame on you, Mr Khan" - Link > http://tribune.com.pk/story/451890/shame-on-you-mr-khan/

So are we to believe that he was right both times? or make the PTI assumption that anything against PMLN is by default correct while anything against PTI is by default incorrect? Furthermore author mentions Amir Mir as one of the most respected journalists of Pakistan (who is the brother of Hamid Mir). Amir Mir is pro-ppp and due to some of his articles where he criticized army role he was picked up and according to him tortured by Pak Army. He has written against IK calling him a closet Taliban and the verdict of PTI goons has been that he is a traitor. So whats the new verdict? He is alright now after he criticizes PMLN? You guys certainly are funny

amir_ali

Unholy for some Holly for a lot. People who utter bulsh*t about the Prophet pbuh and his companions: Shame and much more on them.

What was the ideology of Sipah e Sahaba, to stop those who consider it their religious right to utter bulsh*t about the above, how were Sipah e Sahaba wrong in any sense. Are any of the leaders indicted by the courts for what they are blamed for?

One more thing Zardari's visit to Iran is not an ordinary one, Iran is helping Bashar in the mass murder of the syrian people and he is losing his ground as well. If any sort of commitment is made with Iran in this regards, there would be no turning back, a lot would happen.

amir_ali

What about Jaish-e-Mohammed? They are responsible for killing of hundreds of Sunni scholars - no account for that?? Or is it that all these scholars had no rights only shia have rights??

I think u meant Sipah e Muhammad pbuh, Jaish e Muhammadpbuh is totally the opposite.

usm100

Minister (2k+ posts)
Its a very clear thing that siaph sahaba ( the so called sipah) is a terrorist organization and they should be dealt with accordingly. No one has the right to kill innocents wether they are sunni or shia makatib fikr. Every person has the right to live and let live. The whole concept by these so called mullah is a fake projection of the there own wrong doings.

Hadith

Minister (2k+ posts)
And the milk label is made in Ittefaq founderies while the Sharab is Saudi Arabian.Unless we cut ourself from Saudia and other idiot Kings of ARABS we are doomed.Its better to befriend with Israel than Arabs.

karachiwala

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
Its a very clear thing that siaph sahaba ( the so called sipah) is a terrorist organization and they should be dealt with accordingly. No one has the right to kill innocents wether they are sunni or shia makatib fikr. Every person has the right to live and let live. The whole concept by these so called mullah is a fake projection of the there own wrong doings.

I think it is high we start looking at what is being done to Sunnis in Iran. Let us start a thread on that and then we will see what happens. If Tehran has no Sunni masjid then lets get rid of all shia iman bigara from Islamabad. Sunnis count to 45% of Iran's population whereas shias here are less than 5 %.

prolife

Senator (1k+ posts)
All these...siphe....lashkere....jaishe...so and so on...have a less religious and more criminal political motives to run their organzations. All these kind of organizations get funded by corrupt politicians who use them for their political interests. No one should be fooled by these criminals who use Islam and Sahaba and prophet to kill eachother and make millions.

Pakistan 1st

Minister (2k+ posts)

What about Jaish-e-Mohammed? They are responsible for killing of hundreds of Sunni scholars - no account for that?? Or is it that all these scholars had no rights only shia have rights??

Sure go ahead make one more including Jesh and Sipah Mohd...Who stopped you for doing this?

Who ever kills other in the name of Islam, has to be cornered and lashed put publically

G

gotti

The "Westernized" Shias are trying their best to keep America out and China/Iran, in.

The only reason you hate the Americans is because you know them but you know nothing about China and Iran for you to even bother finding out what you hate or don't hate about them.

China and Iran provide no rights to the Muslims and if any of the Shia momineen were in China making all these posts and comments, they would be sent to the gallows, and in orange jumpsuits, they would be performing to the next best music video that becomes a hit on YouTube.

Iran has the largest number of Jews outside of Israel, yet we hate the Jews and love Iran. That's not only contradictory, it's beyond contradictory.

In China, you're not even allowed to observe your fasts, pray in public, go to hajj/umrah or even have your own Khutbaat in Mosques. Even worse, they consider you not consuming pork, not a religious act but that of respect as they believe your ancestors were saved by pi.gs. (nauzobillah)

In due time, I will add clips to explain this issue.

If Gwadar is given to China, it will consume you into it's territory like it did with the Uyghurs in the '60s.

I understand that Americans have been the typical "Ugly Americans" and ignorant of Pakistani concerns but going with Iran is too much of a reaction.

There are other measures that can be used to supply Pakistanis with power and it is well-known that the corrupt government of Pakistan has been running plants on lower capacity to begin with.

Don't you guys remember when they ran the plants on full capacity for a week when they were threatened with long marches across the country and there wasn't any load-shedding in the entire country?

Iran is an extremist country and culture where even the Pakistani Shia Momimeen who are their proponents can't survive because most of the Pakistani Shia are urbanized and like what we've witnessed in Tehran, they won't be able to adjust in Irani society. Like the Green Movement, they would be the first ones to protest, out in the streets against food prices, bigotry and closed-mindedness of the regime.

Furthermore, Iranians are not welcoming towards other ethnic groups even within their own country despite them being Shia so how does that fare for the Pakistani Shia?

Iranians do not have the gas that will stop you from sanctions. If you do get gas to run your industries, who will you be selling your products to if there are sanctions?

The same Hezbollah terrorists based in the West who are making these comments won't be able to visit Pakistan because of no diplomatic relations with Pakistan. They already can't visit Iran.

If building the gas pipeline, is merely a financial and an economical decision, then, don't go ahead with it because you'll be left with nothing, afterwards.

Do you want to become the next Iran with 12,000 Irani Rial equalling one dollar? Zardari already brought it to Rs. 100.

He is already taking the Pakistanis in the direction of the Iranians with him having all the wealth and people living in poverty.

Iran makes billions in gas/oil revenue but the people get nothing because the mullahs accumulate all the wealth and send it to their accounts, abroad. That's what Zardari has been doing, hasn't he?

Think, people, think!

Last edited by a moderator: