Pakistani British Boxer Amir KING Khan Destroy his opponent once more..

Optimistical

Voter (50+ posts)

Khan stops Judah to add title

By TIM DAHLBERG, AP Boxing Writer

LAS VEGAS (AP)—Amir Khan won a second piece of the 140-pound title Saturday night, stopping veteran Zab Judah with a body punch in the fifth round of a scheduled 12-round unification bout.
Khan threw a right hand that landed just at the belt line of Judah, who went to the canvas. Judah stayed there on his knees as referee Vic Drakulich counted him out at 2:47 of the fifth round.
Judah acted as if he was surprised to be counted out, but got up and went to his corner as Khan celebrated with his cornermen. Judah had earlier complained about being butted by Khan and was bleeding from his nose and cuts to his face.

The win was an impressive one for Khan, the former Olympic silver medalist who likes to call himself the best pound-for-pound boxer in England. He came in as a 5-1 favorite, and had no trouble against the southpaw Judah, using his quickness to beat him to the punch in almost every exchange.
Khan won the first four rounds on all three ringside scorecards.
“I think my speed overwhelmed him along with my power,” Khan said. “I thought I was hurting him and it was only a matter of time.”
The end came when Khan landed a right hand that appeared to be legal, but just barely. Judah went down and stayed there with his back to Drakulich as the referee counted him out.
Khan, who improved to 26-1 with 18 knockouts, was fighting in the same ring where he engaged in a brutal slugfest last December with Marcos Maidana, a bout that was voted fight of the year by boxing writers.
Khan won that fight narrowly, but was lackluster in his previous title defense in April against Paul McCloskey in his hometown of Manchester.
“We trained hard and I was in the best condition of my life,” Khan said. “Zab is a great fighter but he was a little awkward. I knew he was getting hurt but he kept moving away and ducking.”
Judah, who appeared to have trouble getting off his punches, said he thought the referee was giving him a standing 8-count to allow him to recover from a low blow and was confused when the fight was stopped.
“It was a low blow. I was trying to get myself together,” Judah said. “That was self-defense right there.”
Judah came into the ring with a piece of the 140-pound title, but looked every bit his age of 33 in a fight he was never really in. Judah fought defensively most of the way, and when he tried to trade with Khan usually came out on the losing end.
Ringside punch stats reflected Khan’s dominance, showing the British fighter landing 61 of 284 punches to 20 of 115 for Judah.

72f17b70449ef71d28524f1d5c7561ae.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Bilal_Mushi

Minister (2k+ posts)
Re: Amir KING Khan: Another Title

[h=1]Amir Khan knocks out Judah to win IBF crown[/h] Reuters (28 minutes ago) Today

Amir_khan_3_Connects_Reuters_543x275.jpg
WBA champion Amir Khan of Britain (L) connects on IBF champion Zab Judah of the U.S. during the 140-pound championship fight at the Mandalay Bay Events Center July 23, 2011. - Reuters Photo

LAS VEGAS: Amir Khan knocked out American Zab Judah in the fifth round to add the IBF junior welterweight title to his WBA super lightweight crown in Las Vegas on Saturday night.
The end came with a body shot that crumpled Judah (41-7, 28 KOs) to his knees. Judah appeared to be complaining afterwards that the punch was low but replays showed it was on the belt line and legal.
Prior to the stoppage, Khan (26-1, 18 KOs), had been dominant and aggressive, punishing Judah with a stiff left jab and straight right hands.

Bilal_Mushi

Minister (2k+ posts)

Brilliant Khan blows Judah away

Page last updated at 03:03 GMT, Sunday, 24 July 2011 04:03 UK

By Ben Dirs
BBC Sport
_54236394_54236362.jpg
Khan (left) had too much speed and hustle for American rival Judah Britain's Amir Khan put on a boxing masterclass to knock out Zab Judah in five rounds in their light-welterweight unification fight in Las Vegas.
The 24-year-old Khan, defending his WBA belt, was expected to be stretched by veteran IBF champion Judah.
But Khan dominated from the opening bell, forcing the fight and landing at will with his jab.
The end came when Khan landed with a crunching right hand to the body and Judah was unable to make the count.
The punch looked borderline low, but replays showed it landed on Judah's belt line and was not a foul blow.
"He went down and it was above the belt," Khan, who will now target the winner of September's clash between Floyd Mayweather and Victor Ortiz, told BBC Radio 5 live.
"It was nowhere near below the belt, it was a great shot. Zab's a great fighter. I respect him a lot.
Judah did not agree with his rival's assessment, claiming: "Everyone in world who saw the fight will see that's a low blow. I thought he [the referee] was giving me time to get up.
[h=2]WHO NEXT FOR KHAN?[/h] Continue reading the main story
  • The winner of the September clash between Floyd Mayweather and Victor Ortiz?
  • WBC & WBO title-holder Tim Bradley?
  • Mexican legend Erik Morales?
  • Sheffield prospect Kell Brook?

"He then said 'over'. I thought he was giving me a standing eight-count. I didn't understand that."
The one-sided nature of Khan's fifth successful defence of the title he won in 2009 will have surprised many as Judah had fought some of the biggest names of the modern era.
Judah, a five-time champion, had been in with Kostya Tszyu, Floyd Mayweather and Miguel Cotto in a professional career spanning 49 fights and 15 years but rarely had he been on the receiving end of such a one-sided beating.
Khan looked the more nervous of the two before the action commenced at the Mandalay Bay Events Centre, but it was the Briton who started fastest, backing his 33-year-old rival up behind his piston-like jab.
Southpaw Judah did land with one flashing right hook in the first round but this immediately led to a clash of heads and the home fighter did not look comfortable thereafter.
Judah's trainer, former four-weight world champion Pernell Whitaker, was sounding alarm bells as early as the end of the second round, imploring his man to stay low and unsheath the left hand.
But Judah, a noted speedster, simply had no answer to the quickness of Khan's hands and round three was more of the same, with Khan constantly beating his opponent to the punch.
Judah was starting to show real signs of wear and tear by the fourth, his nose bleeding and his right eye showing the effects of that first-round collision.
And early in the fifth Judah was sending out distress signals, complaining to referee Vic Drakulich about Khan's use of the head - but the worst was still to come.
With 13 seconds remaining in the round, Khan set Judah up with an overhand right before sending home a withering right to the body, which doubled Judah over and rendered him unable to continue.
Before the fight Khan admitted he might need two or three more fights before he is ready to take on American legend Mayweather and, despite a dazzling display, his next fight is more likely to be against Mexican legend Erik Morales.
Morales is a three-weight world champion but has seen better days - however, he remains the biggest name in the light-welterweight division and would look good on Khan's record.
Another option is WBC and WBO title-holder Tim Bradley, who was in the frame to fight Khan this time around. However, Khan's camp claimed the American did not fancy the fight, despite the offer of a 50-50 split.

Last edited:

shehreyar

MPA (400+ posts)

mubarek ho allah ka shokar hay kay allah tala nay us ko eak or kamyabi di hay (clap)(clap)(clap)(clap)(clap)

khalid100

Minister (2k+ posts)

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgZrg2q6RsA[/video]

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6clQZJ6W1o[/video]

Adeel

Founder
Re: Pakistani British Boxer Amir KING Khan Destroies his opponent once more

I went out to watch this fight with friends.

Aamir was too quick for Juda, he simply destroyed him. If this guy keeps his straight, he is the next Big boxing SUPER STAR like Muhammad Ali