Pakistani army officers have started resigning in big numbers

Asad Mujtaba

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Pakistan Army officers are severely dejected/demotivated over the decisions of their higher command; interference in politics, resulting in the sorry state of the country. They are resigning in unprecedented numbers as a protest. GHQ is flabbergasted over sheer volume of resignations

I have long chats with my mates and ex colleagues, who are still serving. I can confirm what I'm saying based on my communications with various senior Army officers. As for the exact numbers, ever since I gave them last time around, the Military Secretary branch has gone super secretive about it. However, these numbers are enough to seriously jeopardize the functioning of the Army. Most of these officers wish to leave the country and settle abroad, hopeless about the future of the country, I'm told.

Initially, resigns were accepted without pension/benefits to set an example,
but that did not stop the heavy influx of the resignations, which are actually called "an application for voluntary retirement" which is,submitted with a certificate by the officer that if the application is not accepted then he is willing to resign his commission without terminal benefits.

The officers realise that the top brass knows that the country is heading towards a precipice, but they are quiet, awaiting to gain the monetary benefits the system offers them.

Upon questioning them, then why do they not retaliate? The officers say that resigning from service is the best form of retaliation because otherwise, they get abducted and harassed by military intelligence.

https://twitter.com/x/status/1738275225505087678

Last edited:

bahmad

Minister (2k+ posts)
Pakistan Army officers are severely dejected/demotivated over the decisions of their higher command; interference in politics, resulting in the sorry state of the country. They are resigning in unprecedented numbers as a protest. GHQ is flabbergasted over sheer volume of resignations

I have long chats with my mates and ex colleagues, who are still serving. I can confirm what I'm saying based on my communications with various senior Army officers. As for the exact numbers, ever since I gave them last time around, the Military Secretary branch has gone super secretive about it. However, these numbers are enough to seriously jeopardise the functioning of the Army. Most of these officers wish to leave the country and settle abroad, hopeless about the future of the country, I'm told.

Initially, resigns were accepted without pension/benefits to set an example, but that did not stop the heavy influx of the resignations, which are actually called "an application for voluntary retirement" which is,submitted with a certificate by the officer that if the application is not accepted then he is willing to resign his commission without terminal benefits.

The officers realise that the top brass knows that the country is heading towards a precipice, but they are quiet, awaiting to gain the monetary benefits the system offers them.

Upon questioning them, then why do they not retaliate? The officers say that resigning from service is the best form of retaliation because otherwise, they get abducted and harassed by military intelligence.

Resigning after retirement

RealPeople

Minister (2k+ posts)

I have long chats with my mates and ex colleagues, who are still serving. I can confirm what I'm saying based on my communications with various senior Army officers. As for the exact numbers, ever since I gave them last time around, the Military Secretary branch has gone super secretive about it. However, these numbers are enough to seriously jeopardise the functioning of the Army. Most of these officers wish to leave the country and settle abroad, hopeless about the future of the country, I'm told.

Initially, resigns were accepted without pension/benefits to set an example, but that did not stop the heavy influx of the resignations, which are actually called "an application for voluntary retirement" which is,submitted with a certificate by the officer that if the application is not accepted then he is willing to resign his commission without terminal benefits.

I think this is may not be true as these army officers will not find "overseas jobs" easily as they will have to compete in the job market against other country nationals. secondly, Pakis will not favour them once they are aware of their background so not many friends. Instead they should do something about their dishonest leadership.....by hook or crook!

abdlsy

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)

I have long chats with my mates and ex colleagues, who are still serving. I can confirm what I'm saying based on my communications with various senior Army officers. As for the exact numbers, ever since I gave them last time around, the Military Secretary branch has gone super secretive about it. However, these numbers are enough to seriously jeopardize the functioning of the Army. Most of these officers wish to leave the country and settle abroad, hopeless about the future of the country, I'm told.

but that did not stop the heavy influx of the resignations, which are actually called "an application for voluntary retirement" which is,submitted with a certificate by the officer that if the application is not accepted then he is willing to resign his commission without terminal benefits.

kuch nahee hoethaa gens r too powerful, they will enroll million more from all poverty stricken villages.may allah help us ameen

SharpAsKnife

Minister (2k+ posts)
In my eyes, all still serving this pathetic and american ass licking army, are cowards who care about their job more than caring about the security and prosperity of Pakistan (that includes some members of my family)
They are completely exposed and stripped naked infront of whole nation. Anyone can see that first Bajwa for his extension then Asim for his, they made a deal with americans to pin down Khan. All for their extensions and bringing their touts to highers places like Nadeem Anjum.
They didnt serve this country, they served themselves and once they retire, overseas Pakistanis will make their stay very unwelcome in any foreign country they shift and hide. Mark my words

wasiqjaved

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)

پاکستان کے ساتھ اجتمائی زیادتی کرنے کے بعد صرف اجتمائی استعفے؟ بنتی تو ویسے اجتمائی خودکشی تھی

aqibarain

Minister (2k+ posts)
another Shurlee of Khamosh Mujahid

if his statements were shurli then army high command would not be alarmed and court martial him in the absence... and do stupid dramas against him....

maharaj aap ki aur aap ki bhaag fauj ki gaaand phaaati pari hy....