PAF achieves another milestone, JF-17 Thunder successfully fired indigenously made missile

Imran Siddiqi

Minister (2k+ posts)
I think we already have AESA radar, ISRP Told them we'll surprise you big time. I think a few Block-Three already in operation which actually has surprised the whole world specially the SU30.
The message is clear "We'll surprise you".
I humbly welcome Made-in-Pakistan Long Range Rafael killer to our squads.
I think you are correct. The two planes used to shoot down indian Jets were probably stealth( probably prototypes). That is why Indian Planes have disappeared from close border activity since then.

karachiwala

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
Pakistan converts indigenous built JF 17 fighter jet into a fourth generation fighter equivalent to upgraded F 16s: Report
12 Mar, 2019

ISLAMABAD - Pakistan Air Force is converting the indigenous built JF 17 fighter jet into a fourth generation fighter equivalent to the upgraded F-16 fighter jet.

JF-17 Thunder fighter jet is about to get a major upgrade.

The upgraded version of Pakistan-China co-developed fighter jet is undergoing development and production.

A Chinese legislator and a chief designer of the fighter jet, Yang Wei, has revealed that JF-17 Block 3 will have enhanced informatized warfare capability and weapons.
He revealed this development in a press conference. According to a source, the JF-17 Block 3 will have an active electronically scanned array (AESA) radar and a helmet-mounted sight (HMS) system. The AESA radar will augment the jet’s capability, enabling it to engage from a longer range and attack multiple targets. ------------------------------

The HMS system will allow pilots to aim anything in his/her sight. Moreover, the new variant of the JF-17 family will allow information sharing between the fighter and other platforms. This will increase the efficacy of the entire combat system in defending against strong adversaries.

Moreover, the new upgrade will bring JF-17 Block 3 to be a close match of an improved version of the F-16 fighter jet.

The JF-17 thunder is generally dubbed as an advanced as well as a cost-effective fighter. As of last year, Pakistan Air Force (PAF) possessed 100 JF-17 fighters in its fleet.

Via: GlobalTimes link

vicahmed99

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
funny but true ... in this thread i did not see any indian dare to come and shared his views lolzz
chaddi full time geeli ha bhaii

karachiwala

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
The Pakistan Air Force (PAF) on Tuesday successfully test-fired an indigenously developed "extended range smart weapon" from a JF-17 Thunder aircraft, adding to the multi-role fighter jet's capabilities.

A press release issued by the PAF recognised the trial as a "great milestone", saying the weapon had been developed and integrated solely through the efforts of Pakistani scientists and engineers.

With the success of this test, the JF-17 aircraft will now be equipped with "a very potent and assured day and night capability to engage a variety of targets with pinpoint accuracy", the statement said.

Chief of the Air Staff Air Chief Marshal Mujahid Anwar Khan lauded the efforts of the scientists and engineers and congratulated the PAF personnel "on the achievement of this monumental indigenous capability", the press release added.
The PAF chief on the occasion said that Pakistan is a peace-loving nation but "if subjected to aggression by [an] adversary, we would respond with full force".
The trial of the "smart weapon" comes two weeks after India's violation of the Line of Control (LoC) in response to which PAF jets had immediately scrambled, causing the Indian aircraft to return.

A day later, on February 27, the PAF announced that it had shot down two Indian aircraft inside Pakistani airspace when they tried to give chase to Pakistani jets.
One of the Indian aircraft's pilots was captured by the armed forces before Prime Minister Imran Khan decided to repatriate him as a peace gesture.
The move has largely dispelled an immediate threat of further escalations with India, but the chief of air staff has instructed PAF personnel to not let their guards down.

kashifraza

MPA (400+ posts)
As a cam Eng. we make jets parts and space shuttle parts for Nasa RAF etc etc. here in uk thinking to Offer my Services to PAF for Making their 5th Gen Jets.

Birinci Ferik

Voter (50+ posts)
Captain here:
Its no a missile. Its a bomb with a kit which enhanced its range by 100 Km. KInd of Tier II BVR Bomb....in very very layman language.....

We are awake and ready

Aslan

bus jaldi sy Mumbai aur dehli per gira do,phir sheikh Rasheed dehli ka governor, Dr Amir Liaqat munbai ka chief minister ho ga
You are an idiot.Pakistan has said time and againit will only act in self-defence.Sh Rasheed is a politician and politicians use aggressive language.Pakistani politicians are very cool headed comapred to Hindu extremists of RSS/BJP/VHP who keep threatening Pakistan all the time.

Kavalier

Its an smart multi capabilities weapon. I wish i could share my source but one thing i can confirm its not "Zaraey".

Is it made in Pakistan? If yes then it is a great achievement... I do not know much about fighter planes and weapons but by reading some comments above, it seems like we are quite ahead of many countries and not just India..

Diljaly

Councller (250+ posts)
You are an idiot.Pakistan has said time and againit will only act in self-defence.Sh Rasheed is a politician and politicians use aggressive language.Pakistani politicians are very cool headed comapred to Hindu extremists of RSS/BJP/VHP who keep threatening Pakistan all the time.
Ok Thanks dude

kingQ

Minister (2k+ posts)
بھائیو اس کامیابی پر ہمیں بھڑکیں مارنے کی بجائے، اللہ رب العزت کا شکر ادا کرنا چاہیے اور اپنے آپ کو دشمن سے مقابلہ کرنے کے لیے مزید تیار کرنا چاہیے...
You can't be a true pendoo if you don't boast like a nutter.

Vitamin_C

MOAB is not a practical weapon, its mostly for psychological purpose. Smaller, more precise tactical missiles are more practical for Pakistan.

i think the kind of blast and area of shock wave it created tht is the thing they want to convey to adversaries. Seem some kind of pakistani version of MOAB

kayawish

Captain here:
Its no a missile. Its a bomb with a kit which enhanced its range by 100 Km. KInd of Tier II BVR Bomb....in very very layman language.....

We are awake and ready
Hi Captain , can pak army also make a JB2 missile which can be orderd with Binoculars ? like this video of Battlefield V ..

jeelu

Minister (2k+ posts)
Yes its air-air, they didnt mention the name of the missile so I confused it with PL-15 which is much anticipated in PAF right now. Pakistan has many Air-Surface Missiles, I wonder whats special about this one.
Its a long range missile i guess thats whats new .. it increases attack range of jf 17