PAF achieves another milestone, JF-17 Thunder successfully fired indigenously made missile

Nadir Bashir

Minister (2k+ posts)
Its a signal to india....................If you are going to do some adventure then this is what you face.....................Weapon I think is already test and integrated.................

kakamana

Minister (2k+ posts)
its more kind of some sort of Thermobaric glide bomb/missile. If tht is case, it is huge achievement by pakistan armed forces and its engineers

Vitamin_C

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
PL-15 is no joke and this is a big deal, its the most advanced air to air missile in the world. No other country, maybe USA has a missile like this because its built for 5th gen fighters.

China may have done this because of Indian airforce aggression in Pakistan but it is big news. There will be a huge gap in air-air engagements and India is probably going to beg Russia now to sell them their latest 5th gen air-air missile, but they have not made it available for export yet.

Not sure if this is compatible with JF-17 block II without AWAC support as PL-15 uses AESA radar and not even JF 17 has AESA yet. So this is probably going to be used in JF-17 Block 3, which means Block 3 will probably be ready soon. Also it may be a signal that Pakistan is looking to acquire JF20 5th gen stealth fighters for which this missile is made.

kakamana

Minister (2k+ posts)
PL-15 is no joke and this is a big deal, its the most advanced air to air missile in the world. No other country, maybe USA has a missile like this because its built for 5th gen fighters.

China may have done this because of Indian airforce aggression in Pakistan but it is big news. There will be a huge gap in air-air engagements and India is probably going to beg Russia now to sell them their latest 5th gen air-air missile, but they have not made it available for export yet.

Not sure if this is compatible with JF-17 block II without AWAC support as PL-15 uses AESA radar and not even JF 17 has AESA yet. So this is probably going to be used in JF-17 Block 3, which means Block 3 will probably be ready soon. Also it may be a signal that Pakistan is looking to acquire JF20 5th gen stealth fighters for which this missile is made.
Isnt PL 15 is Air to Air missle??? and this is Air to Surface some sort of glide bomb?

Vitamin_C

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Yes its air-air, they didnt mention the name of the missile so I confused it with PL-15 which is much anticipated in PAF right now. Pakistan has many Air-Surface Missiles, I wonder whats special about this one.

Isnt PL 15 is Air to Air missle??? and this is Air to Surface some sort of glide bomb?

kakamana

Minister (2k+ posts)
Yes its air-air, they didnt mention the name of the missile so I confused it with PL-15 which is much anticipated in PAF right now. Pakistan has many Air-Surface Missiles, I wonder whats special about this one.
i think the kind of blast and area of shock wave it created tht is the thing they want to convey to adversaries. Seem some kind of pakistani version of MOAB

Truthstands

Minister (2k+ posts)
I think we already have AESA radar, ISRP Told them we'll surprise you big time. I think a few Block-Three already in operation which actually has surprised the whole world specially the SU30.
The message is clear "We'll surprise you".
I humbly welcome Made-in-Pakistan Long Range Rafael killer to our squads.