Narendra Modi played role in Godhra riots

atensari

(50k+ posts) بابائے فورم
http://www.thenews.com.pk/NewsDetail.aspx?ID=14538

Gujarat cop says Narendra Modi played role in Godhra riots

AHMEDABAD: Senior IPS officer Sanjeev Bhatt, who has filed an affidavit before the Indian Supreme Court implicating Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi in the 2002 riots in the wake of the Godhra train burning, said on Friday that he will not backtrack from his statement despite any pressure.

Bhatt said in his affidavit that Modi had said that Hindus should be allowed to vent their "anger" after the death of 59 kar sevaks when two bogies of the Sabramati Express were set afire Feb 27, 2002. He also expressed his doubts about the neutrality of the Special Investigative Team (SIT) probing the violence that followed and which claimed over 1,000 lives.

Answering a question by a private news channel Friday on pressure on him to withdraw his testimony, Bhatt said, "I have never backed out from saying the truth anywhere, anytime in my life."

He said that any kind of pressure would only make him more determined. "Instead of worrying me, this kind of subversion makes me more resolute because all I am doing is stating the truth. I am stating what I know," said Bhatt, a 1988 batch Indian Police Service officer.

He added that he had not publicly disclosed the information earlier as he was governed by conduct rules.

"I was privy to a whole lot of information as an intelligence officer. So I can only disclose if I was under a legal consideration and not before that," he said, pointing out that he had covered all these points in his testimony to SIT.

In 2002, Bhatt was based in Gandhinagar as deputy commissioner of intelligence in the State Intelligence Bureau. He is now posted as principal of the State Reserve Police Centre in Junagarh.

Bhatt said there was no question of his leaving the police force. "Not at all. I have 13 more years to go."

Bhatt added that concerns of safety of his family had been raised in his affidavit. He said that he had asked the state police to upgrade his security, but this was ignored - rather, his current security detail was also withdrawn.

Bhatt, in his affidavit, said, "The Chief Minister expressed the view that the emotions were running very high among the Hindus and it was imperative that they be allowed to vent out their anger." (Online)

"This time the situation warranted that the Muslims be taught a lesson to ensure that such incidents do not recur ever again," Bhatt quoted the chief minister as saying when a section of officers told him that bringing the bodies of the train burning victims to Ahmedabad from Godhra would only inflame passions.

atensari

(50k+ posts) بابائے فورم
4-22-2011_68824_1.gif

mt_dilber

MPA (400+ posts)
???This disclosure might be intentional as Congress wants to start a peace process with Pakistan. After this news, hindu extremist parties as well as BJP will go suppressive and help Congress to announce schedule of future talks with Pak.

salaam

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
There are lot of people in india who also want to see Modi pay for his crimes. Infact its a test of indian police & judicial system to see if a presiding politician of high profile can be brought to justice. I am sorry to say in the past these kind of people have gotten away. Anyway its commendable to see US take a tough stance on this and ban Modi from entering US.

karachiwala

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
Well everyone knows what Modi has done. It is just that some people just play ignorant. Time and time again people have come out against Modi but so what???? The whole world can go to hell as far as he is concerned as BJP and all FUNDAMENTALISTS are behind him. Strange how only Muslims can be fundamentalists but Hindus, Christians and Jews . . . . . .

T

terex

Modi ofcourse has his full hand in blood but 9 years of silence is absurd proof!!

This could be a political stand by congress party to target modi and bjp!!
Lets see who gains what :)

only_truths

Minister (2k+ posts)
indiaguy, zionist,zardarifan and allies where are you? Deny this and be on your merry way!

Gujrat riots was a result of of Godhra incident which is a result of Babri masjid incident.It is a chain of reaction.May be result of an experiment in vibrant India. So no one is perfect is the answer. But past is past.I do not blame any one as Indians have learnt a bitten lesson after this episode. That is why Gujarat as a whole was able to move forward with growth. Differences apart India want to move on to Twenty 22 (2022) -
"LONG YEARS AGO WE MADE A TRYST WITH DESTINY, AND NOW THE TIME COMES WHEN WE SHALL REDEEM OUR PLEDGE, NOT WHOLLY OR IN FULL MEASURE, BUT VERY SUBSTANTIALLY. AT THE STROKE OF THE MIDNIGHT HOUR, WHEN THE WORLD SLEEPS, INDIA WILL AWAKE TO LIFE AND FREEDOM. A MOMENT COMES, WHICH COMES BUT RARELY IN HISTORY, WHEN WE STEP OUT FROM THE OLD TO THE NEW, WHEN AN AGE ENDS, AND WHEN THE SOUL OF A NATION, LONG SUPPRESSED, FINDS UTTERANCE."-PANDIT JAWAHARLAL NEHRU 15 AUG 1947.