MQM suffers irreparable loss !!

canadian

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
[h=1]Zardari iceberg hits Muttahida titanic hard[/h]By: Zamir Sheikh | Published: July 21, 2011 KARACHI - The MQM titanic hit Zardari-iceberg and developed holes which would need gargantuan efforts to repair the damage and to re-float the ship in the political waters, analysts believed.
For-a-moments poor decision to come back into the government fold by sending Governor Ishrat-ul-Ebad to resume his duty as Sindh governor, the urban-based Sindh party has suffered an irreparable loss.
The three-decade long struggle of sweat and blood has unfortunately squandered by taking an unpopular decision. The analysts believe even the diehard MQM supporters are against the party for coming back into the fold of government but what was the compulsion that forced MQM to take a U-turn would be discussed by all and sundry.
The former MQM ministers who sounded articulated, wise and full of wisdom struggled for words and thoughts to defend the decision of returning to the coalition fold in interviews on electronic media.
President Zardari has outwitted all his political foes and analysts by wooing the MQM back into the government fold as he has withdrawn PPP candidates from two AJK seats of Karachi leaving the MQM and the PML-N in field to contest the elections against each other. All was done in the highest national interests.
The analysts are of the view that Zardari had hit two birds with one stone. He enticed the MQM by leaving electoral field open for it while on the other hand the dream of PML-N to forge a grand alliance against the PPP was smashed to pieces.
The MQM decision to come back in the coalition is like shutting the door of the barn after all the horses have bolted away. The biggest award the MQM achieved from its latest decision was to get both the Karachi seats in AJK elections.
The vitriolic outburst of Senior Minister Zulfiqar Mirza against migrants was simply an intelligent move in a dramatic game of political chess. The MQMs reaction was so harsh that they separated from the coalition with which they remained as an active partner for three and half years.
Analysts believe that moves from both parties were part of a well thought plan, which provided face saving to both of them.
The MQMs quit-rejoin, quit-rejoin policy has dealt a severe blow to the party and tarnished its image among its constituents, analysts believed.
In the whole scenario, the ANP, which played its cards cleverly, emerged gainer. The ANP leadership made too sharp a move: when they distanced themselves from the outburst of Zulfiqar Mirza against migrants and by welcoming MQMs return and choosing a low political profile in the whole episode. Political analysts praised the moves of PPP in the whole short-lived crises. The PPP preferred to give weight to the sentiments of their constituents instead of fighting for its ego and the MQM did just the opposite of it, thus losing a divine opportunity that would have rocketed its political credibility high in the country.
By coming back to the coalition fold, the MQM has earned the reputation of being an unreliable political party. For over three decades the MQM had fought tooth and nail to remove the general perception that it was not a democratic party as their opponents had alleged. They did every thing in their power to remove the stigma of being muscle men and now they have to do something extraordinary to remove the recently earned stigma of being unreliable party.(http://nation.com.pk/pakistan-news-...1/Zardari-iceberg-hits-Muttahida-titanic-hard)

mjzafar

MPA (400+ posts)
I don't think much will happen to reputation of MQM. Our nation, unfortunately has a very short memory.

Also, this is not the first very poor decision taken by MQM. They have been taken poor decisions most of the time anyway. Just a bunch of power hungry people sitting on top of MQM especially their leader Altaf BHAI.... Also any sane person knows that their leader gets commands from some foreign powers and this party actually represents those powers instead of representing the people of Pakistan.

It could be and would be a great party, if the leadership is changed and the good faced within MQM come up and take the leadership! Someone has to stand up!! It's just like our Army which has fourth stage cancer right now...but some patriotic officers have to stand up and clean out that cancer. MQM is totally infected with cancer and people don't know they are being made fools. I have met many nice people on this forum as well as some in person who are nice people but just being fooled by MQM leadership.

gazoomartian

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
I don't think much will happen to reputation of MQM. Our nation, unfortunately has a very short memory.

Also, this is not the first very poor decision taken by MQM. They have been taken poor decisions most of the time anyway. Just a bunch of power hungry people sitting on top of MQM especially their leader Altaf BHAI.... Also any sane person knows that their leader gets commands from some foreign powers and this party actually represents those powers instead of representing the people of Pakistan.

It could be and would be a great party, if the leadership is changed and the good faced within MQM come up and take the leadership! Someone has to stand up!! It's just like our Army which has fourth stage cancer right now...but some patriotic officers have to stand up and clean out that cancer. MQM is totally infected with cancer and people don't know they are being made fools. I have met many nice people on this forum as well as some in person who are nice people but just being fooled by MQM leadership.

We should expect a light mutiny from the MQM members if they want to risk their life. I heard that once you are a member, you can not leave the party. wallah-o-alam

gazoomartian

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)

And change we should not expect. AH has worked hard to bring the 18th Amendment that allows a leader to be 'the owner' of his/her party

adslpxp2

MPA (400+ posts)
I hope MQM does more back flips before the next election. This will expose them further in the eyes of their vote bank.

Spartacus

in MQM there is only one way traffic u can join the part but you cant leave the party

Most of the haters of MQM do not know about demography as well as politics of karachi and even they do not belongs to SINDH-SOUTH ,but , they give long duration lectures about karachi politics.

I know
hundreds Of People in person who were workers of MQM but now because they are busy in their life and they can not give time to party so they are no more related to MQM . They are still living as usual .

This is a
wrong allegation that in MQM there is only one way traffic u can join the part but you cant leave the party .

littlemaster

Minister (2k+ posts)
Most of the haters of MQM do not know about demography as well as politics of karachi and even they do not belongs to SINDH-SOUTH ,but , they give long duration lectures about karachi politics.

I know
hundreds Of People in person who were workers of MQM but now because they are busy in their life and they can not give time to party so they are no more related to MQM . They are still living as usual .

This is a
wrong allegation that in MQM there is only one way traffic u can join the part but you cant leave the party .

khabi such bhi bol lia kero uncle.

canadian

I know

This is a

Can they leave the party alive.....lol:13:

Scorpion

Banned

I know

This is a

I am from Karachi, Sindh and I still hate this bhatta Khore MQM . . . . When this Altaf is allowed long duration Barking lectures about Karachi politics why not others Mr. Spartacus . . . .

canadian

I am from Karachi, Sindh and I still hate this bhatta Khore MQM . . . . When this Altaf is allowed long duration Barking lectures about Karachi politics why not others Mr. Spartacus . . . .

Karachi has been destroyed by dirty politics.I have lived there for a long time and have beautiful memories of that place.Every body lived like brothers and sisters.....ethinicty was a non word.It never came into our minds.I would say we are either Muslims or nothing ! Reminds me of Rasul Allaha's(SW)last khutba " Naa Ajmi ko Araabi per aur Naa Arabi kou Ajami kou Arabi per fouqiat hasil hai masiwai Iman aur taqva key". I belive we have forgotton that message and now bearing the consequences of that.

Scorpion

Banned
Karachi has been destroyed by dirty politics.I have lived there for a long time and have beautiful memories of that place.Every body lived like brothers and sisters.....ethinicty was a non word.It never came into our minds.I would say we are either Muslims or nothing ! Reminds me of Rasul Allaha's(SW)last khutba " Naa Ajmi ko Araabi per aur Naa Arabi kou Ajami kou Arabi per fouqiat hasil hai masiwai Iman aur taqva key". I belive we have forgotton that message and now bearing the consequences of that.

Dear

I neither support the acts of other Ethnic Parties nor MQM which gain popularity on this context . . . . However its too much now as this MQM has become a curse over Karachi . . . . Same is the case with ANP and PPP . . . .

Spartacus

Can they leave the party alive.....lol:13:

know hundreds Of People in person who were workers of MQM but now because they are busy in their life and they can not give time to party so they are no more related to MQM . They are still living as usual .

littlemaster

Minister (2k+ posts)
know hundreds Of People in person who were workers of MQM but now because they are busy in their life and they can not give time to party so they are no more related to MQM . They are still living as usual .

you know hundred of people in person who worked for mqm and now they left???????

the question arises : how you know hundred of people in person..........?
give name and location of few of them but zara such such.;)

Last edited:

Spartacus

you know hundred of peoples in person who worker of mqm and now they left???????

the question arises : how you know hundred of people in person..........?
give name and location of few of them but zara such such.;)

If I give some names would you accept ISLAM ???