MQM Chief Altaf Husain vs. PTI Chief Imran Khan

RiazHaq

Senator (1k+ posts)
What is the reason for Imran Khan's selective and misplaced outrage against MQM on Zahra Shahid Husain's murder while ignoring the Taliban killings of ANP and MQM members?

Why is the PTI continuing its sit-in campaign against alleged rigging?

How to explain political parties' militant wings, MQM's use of violence in politics and what triggered the current crisis within MQM?

What is the significance of Chinese Premier Li's visit to Pakistan?

What is Pak-China Economic Corridor project?

What to make of Zardari-Nawaz meeting and what should be the new government’s priorities? In the following video, Viewpoint from Overseas host Faraz Darvesh discusses the above with Riaz Haq, Sabahat Ashraf, and Ali Hasan Cemendtaur.

This show was recorded at 12:30 pm PST on Thursday, May 23, 2013.

Pakistani Elections 2013, NA-250 re-elections, Zahra Shahid Hussain murder, Pakistan Tehreek e Insaf, PTI, Imran Khan, MQM, Altaf Hussain, Chinese Premier in Pakistan, Gwadar Port, China’s Energy Security, Riaz Haq, Sabahat Ashraf, iFaqeer, Ali Hasan Cemendtaur, WBT-TV, Viewpoint from Overseas, Pakistanis in the US, Silicon Valley Pakistanis, San Francisco Bay Area Pakistanis

??? ?? ??? ??? ???? ????????? ???? ???? ???? ?? ???? ??? ??? ???? ????? ????? ??????? ????? ?????? ????? ???? ???? ??? ?? ???? ???????? ??????? ??????? ?????? ????????? ??????? ?? ??? ?????? ??? ????? ???? ??? ????? ????? ??? ????? ??? ??? ???????? ????? ?? ?? ?? ??? ??? ?????? ???? ???????? ?????? ??? ????????? ????? ????? ??? ???????? ?? ?????

Last edited by a moderator:

KHISFO

Senator (1k+ posts)
Host is the most st.....d person of this show.According to them every problems was Imran Khan & PTI.
Other parties including N.League are innocent.
I have been living in Silicon Valley since 2003, never seen these aliens.

RiazHaq

Senator (1k+ posts)
It was Kissinger who said "Nations Don't Have Friends, They Have Interests".

Both US and China have interests in South and West Asia.

China wants to build a Pak-China economic corridor through Pakistan from Gwadar to Xinjiang to assure its energy supplies in the events of hostilities with the US and resulting naval blockade in South China Sea.

As part of President Obama's "pivot to Asia" to check China's rise, the Americans have a strong competing interest in creating a new silk route in Asia that bypasses China. Americans envision such land route extending from resource rich Stans in Central Asia to resource hungry South Asia and Southeast Asia region via Afghanistan, Pakistan and India. The expected energy flow for energy-hungry Pakistan and the potential annual transit fees worth billions of dollars from this trade route are part of the US sponsored incentives for Pakistan to help stabilize the situation in Afghanistan. The first example of this effort is the American push for TAPI--Turkmenistan-Afghanistan-Pakistan-India gas pipeline.

Alliances are based on interests and change with changing interests.

With the changing geo-politics, it seems to me that China's interests are likely to be more aligned with Pakistan's than the US interests.

Pakistanis need to be prepared to respond to the unfolding dynamics of geopolitics in the region and do what best serves their national interest.

http://www.riazhaq.com/2013/05/how-strategic-are-pakistan-china-ties.html

http://www.riazhaq.com/2012/11/impact-of-obamas-re-election-on-pak-us.html

RiazHaq

Senator (1k+ posts)
Excerpt of a blog post in New York Times on Burgers (PTI supporters) vs Bun Kababs (MQM supporters) in recent elections in Karachi, Pakistan:

In the run-up to the second vote, the media predicted a showdown between the city’s burgers and bun kebabs. Gastronomic comments ranged from the frivolous to the frightening. Ayesha Tammy Haq, a broadcast journalist, tweeted, “All this burger-bun kebab talk is nonsense. After this election I am foie gras to your chopped liver.” A senior M.Q.M., meanwhile, warned that outright violence between burger and bun kebab could erupt, dividing the city. Such language highlights the continuing relevance of class divisions even after a campaign that focused on gender, youth and ethno-linguistic identity to mobilize voters. It is no laughing matter. On the eve of the second vote on Sunday, Zahra Shahid Hussain, a senior P.T.I. leader, was shot and killed outside her house in Karachi. Although the media reported that her death occurred during a burglary, Khan has said that the leader of M.Q.M., Altaf Hussain, is responsible. The burger vs. bun kebab divide has turned deadly.

http://latitude.blogs.nytimes.com/2...ut-food-suggest-violent-underlying-divisions/

RiazHaq

Senator (1k+ posts)
Is Nawaz Sharif a graceful victor? Does this have echoes of Jaag Punjabi Jaag?

LAHORE: Pakistan Muslim League Nawaz (PML-N) chief Nawaz Sharif says people of Punjab have voted on rational basis while of Khyber Pakhtoonkhwa have voted on emotional basis.

He was addressing his party workers in a ceremony to commemorate atomic explosions carried out by Pakistan on May 28, 1998 during Sharif’s previous tenure....

http://www.thenewstribe.com/2013/05...ted-on-emotional-and-punjab-on-logical-basis/

RiazHaq

Senator (1k+ posts)
This reminds me of the statement of the caretaker home minister Malik Habib who endorsed PML(N) when he said last month that "Mian Nawaz Sharif is the only national leader and he wants to do something for the country. And I will vote for Khaqaan Abbasi (PMLN candidate)".

It's quite possible that Nawaz Sharif's "Jaag Punjabi Jaag" was aimed at the bureaucracy and the judiciary to get a heavy mandate for N League at the expense of Imran Khan's PTI and Bhuttos' PPP.

Respect

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
MQM has not allowed free and fair elections inside KARACHI because they FEAR PTI taking over.

Imran Khan has condoned the killings of workers of off both parties. However how sure are we that Taliban are behind the killings and not ANP and MQM themselves?

And even if they are behind the killings, they should be condoned just the way we condone MQM and ANP terror activities.

Jazaheer

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
Brother rigging took place just search youtube.

Is protest against law? If somebody doesn't like it! Who cares for personal likes and dislikes!

Didn't MQM leader gave threats on live TV to PTI workers before the killing of innocent Zehra Hussain? Didn't he call out Imran as " .... ka pilla" in utter arrogance and that too on live tv?

After the elections suddenly they are singing old slogans of Muhajir"? Why? because they will not be in federal govt? Before elections thousands died but they were happy! Why? because of being in govt?

Still somebody has soft corner for him? Why?

People who love him! has a problem with the heart! It is called Hypocracy!

Expatriat

Councller (250+ posts)
Host is the most st.....d person of this show.According to them every problems was Imran Khan & PTI.
Other parties including N.League are innocent.
I have been living in Silicon Valley since 2003, never seen these aliens.

You must be living in a hole if you haven't seen these folks. I personally know 2 out of 4 folks. One was in Applied Materials, and other is in Yahoo. I guess 3 of them have graduated from NED University in Karachi. All 4 of them are pretty social and are found in every event relating to Pakistan (whether its a fund-raiser, talk, basant, seminar etc.) I have seen them many times at the MCA in Santa Clara as well. The director, and man-behind-the-camera of this show, Farrukh Shah, is also a NEDian and he worked at Cisco Systems for many many years.

Whether you agree with their thoughts or not is a separate issue , but calling someone s.t.u.p.i.d right away is ridiculous ! Get a life and get out of your couch to know people around in the Valley !

RiazHaq

Senator (1k+ posts)
Imran Khan has condoned the killings of workers of off both parties. However how sure are we that Taliban are behind the killings and not ANP and MQM themselves?

Taliban always announce and take responsibility for their attacks. So there's little doubt that they carried out the attacks on ANP and MQM in days leading up to the elections.