Mira Sethi[Najam Sethi's daughter]aagayi maidaan mein,see her first column for Wall Street Journal

usm100

Minister (2k+ posts)
Lets make it this way .
The issue in pakistan is not about what the army leadership is like. if they are like zia or musharaf. Though i think both were crap holes who thought of changing the whole society just to be in power and that resulted in collapse of the whole system.
The issue is who gives right to a army chief to make such a change in the society? Societies change gradually with the time. This crap mentality of some sick generals to change the whole society has damaged the very roots of our systems. Today moderates and extremists are fighting like crazy. And the normal pakistani who is neither very liberal nor an extremists wonder where they should go. Some times they think extremists are right as they are using islams name for there own good. and some others might think liberals are portraying better picture as they atleast talk about human values and rights to live and speek.
This is not task of some sicko sitting in ghq to make such modifications. No political leader will ever be able to do such damage as these guys have done. If any one has doubt do let me know.

Actually I do have a solid point. The points she has raised about the PAK army relate to Zia era but the way she has presented the article she is trying to show as if the current army leadership is like zia a blatant lie and fabrication working against the interests of pakistan. I ask all of you a question who has been the most liberal leader of pakistan in recent years no doubt musharraf and his idea of enlightened moderation and he represented the authority of PAK ARMY she is working on some hidden agenda, I request every one to shun aside the sethi journalist family

sheikhfaisal

Some thing about najim sethi or (s h i t ...ti) u decide

Be Alive to Objective media criticism but remain careful to paid criticism .
Be mindful about affiliations of media persons e.g Najam Sethi (GEO TV ) is dedicated to a cause.
Now his daughter has got job in wall street journal,USA to continue the Mission .
She is a graduate of Wellesley College ,USA. Her 1st story in WSJ on 14 march
"Pakistan Army is Real Obstracle to Peace.."
Sethi family is an asset but of whom...?? we must understand..!

masood ahmed

Does any one have some solid point against what she wrote or just the hainki phainki like illeterates? Lol come on guys if you have the guts to write against her atleast come up with some logical reason. Else it seems you are just flowing with the rythem/.
it is true that every one have his or her own openion , please bie open heart and mind ,for become a advane nation we must give respect to other's openion.

TruPakistani

Minister (2k+ posts)
najam.gif

TruPakistani

Minister (2k+ posts)
The whole family is a traitor.

Najam Sethi, wife get International Press awards

PRESS TRUST OF INDIA
Posted: Sat Oct 23 1999 IST

ISLAMABAD, OCT 22: Noted Pakistani journalist Najam Sethi, who was persecuted by the previous Nawaz Sharif government for allegedly "endangering the sovereignty of the country'' by making some critical comments against the regime during a lecture in India early this year, and his wife Jugnu Mohsin have been awarded the International Press Freedom awards.

An elated Mohsin told PTI over telephone from her Lahore residence that "we are really pleased and gratified that the CPJ has recognised our efforts'' and added they were looking forward to visiting New York next month to receive the award.

Mohsin, who is the managing editor and publisher of the popular weekly Friday Times edited by Sethi.

rehman1978

Senator (1k+ posts)
Does any one have some solid point against what she wrote or just the hainki phainki like illeterates? Lol come on guys if you have the guts to write against her atleast come up with some logical reason. Else it seems you are just flowing with the rythem/.

How come Bruce Riedel and her is saying the same thing? Wake up dude and learn to read between the line. She bringing up same the propoganda as done by all anti Pakistan western journalist. I live in USA and love their system and I believe becuase of thses psuedo and paid Pakistani intlectuals, Paksitan and USA are standing on opposite poles. This is the real Haqqani network in action.