Military's clever encroachment into civil administration

Sohail Shuja

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
I mean the whole process
Some officers who come through Quota system are high performing individuals in Forces, so they are exempt from written exam. They only appear for an interview. But every year, not more than ten individuals are allowed from each force. Mostly Navy and Air Force sends around 5 to 7 individuals.

Rest of the officers volunteer and they have to go through the whole process, like any other candidate.

back to the future

Some fauji's who come through Quota system are high performing individuals in Forces, so they are exempt from written exam. They only appear for an interview. But every year, not more than ten individuals are allowed from each force.
Rest of the officers volunteer and they have to go through the whole process, like any other candidate.
why don't they go straight to css as they develop interest lately

Sohail Shuja

why don't they go straight to css as they develop interest lately
Didn't get your point here. Can you please elaborate?

Majority officers in Pak Army are inducted after Intermediate. They have to complete their Bachelors either at PMA or at some other designated institute. After that, there are many courses they have to clear to get promotion from 2nd Lieutenant to Captain level and further.
For CSS/PCS, Bachelors is the primary requirement.

I am not sure if I have answered your question correctly or not.

back to the future

Didn't get your point here. Can you please elaborate?

Majority officers in Pak Army are inducted after Intermediate. They have to complete their Bachelors either at PMA or at some other designated institute. After that, there are many courses they have to clear to get promotion from 2nd Lieutenant to Captain level and further.
For CSS/PCS, Bachelors is the primary requirement.

I am not sure if I have answered your question correctly or not.
my question is some boys intend to go to PMA this is their target
and some prepare for css
why PMA cadet need to go to css as a lateral entry?
and if they are interested then they should go through the whole process

Sohail Shuja

my question is some boys intend to go to PMA this is their target
and some prepare for css
why PMA cadet need to go to css as a lateral entry?
and if they are interested then they should go through the whole process
That is a million dollar question!

I think we should ask FPSC that why do they have a quota for Forces?

To tell you the truth, I don't know the reality myself. However, based on my assumption, CSS/PCS is not only about your academic credentials. Its about your total skill set. May be the individuals from forces are more suited for the roles in Police, Ministry of Interior, DMG, Customs (for raids etc), Ministry of Foreign Affairs as managing the foreign procurement of many sensitive military equipment, Ministry of Defense as being thorough with the Procedures and working of the Forces etc. etc. But this is my opinion. I do not have a confirm word on it coming from the horse's mouth.
My assumption is based on my observation as I haven't seen many ex-army officials in Ministry of Finance, Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry, Ministry of Health, Ministry of Climate Change, Mines and Minerals, Oil and Gas, Ministry of Power, Ministry of Industries, Ministry of Water and Irrigation Resources etc etc.

Last edited:

Shazi ji

It reminds me a joke about the losing precious thing in places. there was this announcement from the military in USA to reward their veterans who had fought wars for the country. They setup this strange condition to pay the money that each vet is free to let them measure the distance between two further points in their body and for each inch of that distance , they would get paid $ 1000.

So, most of the vets were asked to be measured from head to toe since it is the further point and the most distance in their body . However, there is this old vet came in and insisted to have them measure the distance between his penis and the balls. The Doctor told him that he won't get much money since there is hardly any distance between these two points . However vet insisted .so, the doctor said okay if you insist and ask him to drop his pant , the vet drop his pant and doctor put the one side of the tape measure on his penis and started to check to see where his balls are, When he could not feel them, he asked, o gosh, where are your balls ? !! . The vet replied all the way to Vietnam.
It reminds me a joke about the losing precious thing in places. there was this announcement from the military in USA to reward their veterans who had fought wars for the country. They setup this strange condition to pay the money that each vet is free to let them measure the distance between two further points in their body and for each inch of that distance , they would get paid $ 1000.

So, most of the vets were asked to be measured from head to toe since it is the further point and the most distance in their body . However, there is this old vet came in and insisted to have them measure the distance between his penis and the balls. The Doctor told him that he won't get much money since there is hardly any distance between these two points . However vet insisted .so, the doctor said okay if you insist and ask him to drop his pant , the vet drop his pant and doctor put the one side of the tape measure on his penis and started to check to see where his balls are, When he could not feel them, he asked, o gosh, where are your balls ? !! . The vet replied all the way to Vietnam.
ba732c631b7aaef7d698259d9d28d54b.jpeg