Mexico sex trafficking soars - AlJazeera Reports

Mumtaz

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
Mexico has become the top provider of sex slaves to the Americas, according to the United Nations.

In an effort to tackle the problem, the Mexican government has now signed onto the UN's Blue Heart campaign, but so far it has had little success in prosecuting and convicting human traffickers.

One reason, according to some analysts, is confusion over which government agencies have jurisdiction over human trafficking cases.

In addition the Mexican government has yet to conduct any comprehensive surveys detailing the true extent of the problem.

Al Jazeera's Mariana Sanchez reports.

gazoomartian

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
Mumtaz bhai

Lets go to Mekhico heheheheheh

I will give you an example. I personally know an American who is single, 56 year old , and well off. His bank balance exceeds $100,000 and lives in Sacramento, California. He was badly hurt by his wife, she cheated on him for years before getting caught. On the other hand he was very loyal to his wife. After finding out the his only wife had been cheating, he filed for divorce that destroyed his life.

Now when needs he 'HIRES' a woman at $100 to $200 for a night, depending on the 'quality' of the woman. He did that for a while then realized it was a sure way to the poor house. So he found a better alternative. He finds a cheap flight and flies to San Diego, a border city at Mexico/US border in California.

He flies twice a month there and drives south for a night or two. As per him, there are literally thousand of Americans every night there for fun. he spends only $40 on one woman plus motels etc. Him and people like him are keeping the border town alive, well, and kicking in livelihood. There is no other major employer in that part of Mexico.

Govt collects taxes, hospitals have good income base, doctors, lawyers, police, other groups are employed because of this ayyashi of Americans, owing to which they would be unemployed and coming north to US to beg for money.

Now any body can guess why Mexico would never never try to eradicate prostitution, and brothels. The whole economy of the northe west Mexico is dependent on sex trade. the only alternative to that, if the govt is really sincere, would be to create industries to employ people but thats not happen in foreseeable future.

When I asked my friend why doesn't get married again. he replied with grim face 'not after that f**** ex did to me' . If 20 million Americans are in the same boat, Mexican town will remain flourishing. All this UN attempt to eliminate sex trade is just a crap.....