Malaysian PM telephones Nawaz, seeks cooperation in tracing missing jet

gazoomartian

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
Although there is no evidence that plane headed towards Pakistan

53285bf4041a2.jpg

ISLAMABAD: Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak on Tuesday called his Pakistani counterpart Nawaz Sharif on the phone and sought his help in tracing Malaysian airline’s missing Boeing 777.

“Prime Minister Sharif expressed sympathies with him and assured every possible cooperation,” Special Assistant to the Prime Minister on Aviation Shujat Azeem told Dawn.com.

“As per request from Malaysian aviation authorities, the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) of Pakistan has saved entire data of the day and time when the jet went missing and would be sharing it with Malaysian authorities,” he said.

“Although there is no evidence that plane headed towards Pakistan but as a goodwill gesture we are sharing our data with Malaysian government,” Shujaat Azeem added, who earlier on Saturday had dismissed Western media reports that missing Malaysian airliner might be hidden somewhere in the country.

Pakistan’s top aviation official said the CAA has asked Malaysian authorities to send their official to Karachi to look at the data.

Azeem disclosed that Malaysian aviation authorities also spoke with Pakistan Air Force (PAF) chief Tahir Rafique Butt and sought cooperation in tracing the missing jet.

The special assistant said Malaysian authorities have contacted some 25 countries for their help and cooperation and Pakistan is among such countries.

“India comes before Pakistan, so how it is possible that the plane could have headed towards Pakistan without being tracked by Indian radars,” Azeem questioned and added, “what they are looking for is any minor flying object on our radars at that time.”

Thailand gives radar data 10 days after plane lost – AP

The Malaysian premier’s telephone call came on the same day when Thailand's military said that its radar detected a plane that may have been Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 just minutes after the jetliner's communications went down, and that it didn't share the information with Malaysia earlier because it wasn't specifically asked for it.

A twisting flight path described Tuesday by Thai air force spokesman Air Vice Marshal Montol Suchookorn took the plane to the Strait of Malacca, which is where Malaysian radar tracked Flight 370 early March 8.
But Montol said the Thai military doesn't know whether it detected the same plane.

Thailand's failure to quickly share possible information regarding the fate of the plane, and the 239 people aboard it, may not substantially change what Malaysian officials know, but it raises questions about the degree to which some countries are sharing their defense information, even in the name of an urgent and mind-bending aviation mystery.

With only its own radar to go on, it took Malaysia a week to confirm that Flight 370 had entered the strait, an important detail that led it to change its search strategy.

When asked why it took so long to release the information, Montol said, “Because we did not pay any attention to it. The Royal Thai Air Force only looks after any threats against our country, so anything that did not look like a threat to us, we simply look at it without taking actions.”

He said the plane never entered Thai airspace and that Malaysia's initial request for information in the early days of the search was not specific.

“When they asked again and there was new information and assumptions from (Malaysian) Prime Minister Najib Razak, we took a look at our information again,” Montol said.

“It didn't take long for us to figure out, although it did take some experts to find out about it.”
Flight 370 took off from Kuala Lumpur at 12:40am Malaysian time and its transponder, which allows air traffic controllers to identify and track the airplane, ceased communicating at 1:20am.

Montol said that at 1:28am, Thai military radar “was able to detect a signal, which was not a normal signal, of a plane flying in the direction opposite from the MH370 plane,” back toward Kuala Lumpur.

The plane later turned right, toward Butterworth, a Malaysian city along the Strait of Malacca. The radar signal was infrequent and did not include any data such as the flight number. He said he did not know exactly when Thai radar last detected the plane. Malaysian officials have said Flight 370 was last detected by their own military radar at 2:14am.

The search area for the plane initially focused on the South China Sea, where ships and planes spent a week searching. Pings that a satellite detected from the plane hours after its communications went down have led authorities to concentrate instead on two vast arcs – one into central Asia and the other into the Indian Ocean – that together cover an expanse as big as Australia.

Thai officials said radar equipment in southern Thailand detected the plane. Malaysian officials have said the plane might ultimately have passed through northern Thailand, but Thai Air Chief Marshal Prajin Juntong told reporters Tuesday that the country's northern radar did not detect it.

http://www.dawn.com/news/1093971/malaysian-pm-seeks-pakistans-cooperation-in-tracing-missing-jet

Last edited by a moderator:

Ahud1

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Re: Malaysian PM seeks Pakistans cooperation in tracing missing jet

[h=1]Thai Forces Saw Missing Plane MH370[/h]
CNN has just reported that Thai forces have seen MH370 on radar. It is another development in the mystery story of missing plane. This news has made pilots more suspicious. News channel has reported that Thai forces have seen MH370 near Strait of Malacca. The Thai Royal Air Force has not confirmed that the plane they saw in radar was the missing one.
The story told by Chief of Royal Thai Air Force is linked with the narration of Malaysian forces. According to their statements, the plane made an exit from Thailand just after its entrance. The plane went to Malaysia and no air force had contact with the plane. Critics have criticized all the officials who were responsible for areal security. The official told that if the plane had flown to Vietnam then they would not be able to see it on radar again. If it has gone towards Vietnam then Vietnam forces should look for plane.

25 nations are providing assistance to Malaysia in the search of missing plane. No other country has given any clue in this regard. If Vietnam gives any information related to missing plane we will share the update.

gazoomartian

I get the feeling that the missing jet is sitting on the tarmac of either Indian AF in Assam or Israeli AF in Jeruslem. Wallah-o-alam

Bangash

I get the feeling that the missing jet is sitting on the tarmac of either Indian AF in Assam or Israeli AF in Jeruslem. Wallah-o-alam

مجے انڈیا اور امریکیوں پر شک ہے- اس میں چائنا کے لوگ تھے اور کوئی اہم سامان موجود تھا- امریکیوں کا کوئی اڈہ یھاں کسی جزیرے پر موجود ہے وہاں بھی اترنے کا امکان ہے

UKPakistani

try cia and north australia, remote and out of reach........... hardly anyone need know

look up a place called tiwi islands and you will see what i mean :)

gazoomartian

مجے انڈیا اور امریکیوں پر شک ہے- اس میں چائنا کے لوگ تھے اور کوئی اہم سامان موجود تھا- امریکیوں کا کوئی اڈہ یھاں کسی جزیرے پر موجود ہے وہاں بھی اترنے کا امکان ہے

Fuel is the important factor here. I do not see any American possession on map within the flying distance based on the amount of fuel available.

Bangash

Fuel is the important factor here. I do not see any American possession on map within the flying distance based on the amount of fuel available.

آپکی بات درست ہے لیکن اسی رینج میں اتا ہےڈیگو گارشیا انڈین اوشین میں موجود ہے وہاں اترسکتا ہے
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diego_Garcia

Scorpion

Banned

Dear . . . there is an american base on the island of diego garcia . . . its almost 2000 miles south of pakistan in the indian ocean . . .

kkkkk

Minister (2k+ posts)
I never though Malaysians are so unwise. I thought they are brothers and understand our goodwill and support to them. Sure we would have given them any help without they had asked, if there was a requirement, but such a request is highly unwise and undiplomatic on their part. What I can say to Malaysians is " You too Brutus".

Al Muhammad

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
Yeh janab bhi nawaz Shareef ko PM samaj betha hai, Masle tou sare IK ke waja se hain.......Iss main bhi IK ka koi drama ho ga.....lol....

Last edited:

Al Muhammad

I never though Malaysians are so unwise. I thought they are brothers and understand our goodwill and support to them. Sure we would have given them any help without they had asked, if there was a requirement, but such a request is highly unwise and undiplomatic on their part. What I can say to Malaysians is " You too Brutus".
They are requesting everyone. Till now they have requested 25 countries, Pakistan is may be the 26th one.....Jab kabhi koi apna bemar hota hai, tou ham kise hakeem se bhi rajo kar lete hain keh kahin shifa mil jaye.....Bas in bhaion ko bhi yahe aasra hai...

Raaz

(50k+ posts) بابائے فورم
نواز کہا ہو گا ، نہاری کھا اور لسی پی کر سو جا ..... جہاز کی فکر نا کر

انشورنس کے پیسوں سے اور لے لینا

Politcs

Minister (2k+ posts)
Nothing wrong with asking for help. 26 countries are requested to help and radar information is being shared to find any trace. No one is blaming us.

Politcs

Minister (2k+ posts)
نواز کہا ہو گا ، نہاری کھا اور لسی پی کر سو جا ..... جہاز کی فکر نا کر

انشورنس کے پیسوں سے اور لے لینا

you need more Lassi because you have your butttt burning.

Al Muhammad

Such an irresponsible reporting by our main stream media. Do they hire producers from Cartoon Network????

Al Muhammad

I just listened to the video. I failed to understand your negative comments. Please enlighten me, thank you

Only Allah can enlighten you.....My advice, broaden your vision and start watching some western news channels and their standards of reporting and then compare it to this....I mean people's lives are at stake and they are making fun with funny music......Are you really that naive or just acting??

gazoomartian

Only Allah can enlighten you.....My advice, broaden your vision and start watching some western news channels and their standards of reporting and then compare it to this....I mean people's lives are at stake and they are making fun with funny music......Are you really that naive or just acting??

thank

I have been doing that for over 39 years :biggthumpup:

Al Muhammad

thank

I have been doing that for over 39 years :biggthumpup:

So, what happened to your sense of being aware Sir ! ? Just watching Western media Reporting doesn't guarantee you a trophy ! ! or make you an intellectual !! I mean everyone in the class listens to the lecture of a professor, but only few perform well.....
Sorry, for being harsh.....