Living on a prayer .... :(

Sohail Shuja

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
About the Governor State Bank of Pakistan, convening a meeting at Karachi yesterday, announcing a 300 basis point interest rate seems like business as usual -- as if nothing has happened. Pushing the policy rate around 300 basis points translates into a core inflation of 20%, which is insane in any manner, whatsoever.

Anyone not familiar with the idea of Core Inflation shall understand that it is a measure of price change without considering the prices of energy and food, since the latter are more volatile.

The SBP Governor, yesterday, was heard saying that 20% inflation is just nothing and will not hit the economy much, since the wages will also increase. This is just like telling you that your house has been burned down, but be merry because your clothes still haven't caught fire. These retards, while addressing an audience of financial experts and industrialists put up a blunt face in front of them and kept spewing lies, which they knew their audience will not buy at any cost.

It is a settled principal and has been proven time and again in the annals of economic history of the world that whenever the inflation is induced due to increase in taxes, duties and/or basic interest rates, the industry and production starts to wane. This would eventually mean less jobs for people and more money required to feed them with the same amount of bread as they eat today. This would eventually hit the revenues of the Government too, since the business activity will also be squeezed. The phenomenon is known as the Laffer's Curve in economics. Yet it seems like the Governor SBP and the Finance Minister are totally unaware of the term.
It is a time tested theory that increasing the tax rates above a certain limit only decreases the government's revenue because of reduced economic activity in the country.

What is more troubling is that Pakistan was not even on the agenda of IMF's last board meeting, held two days ago. It means that they have stopped taking us seriously anymore.

So, what is our fate? can we read the writing on the wall? can we not see what is being done to us? Why we deliberately kept delaying the IMF's review for so long? just to make our people starve and push our country into a deeper mess?

Last, but not the least; it is speculated by many of the experts I have spoken with since yesterday that Pakistan's economic crises is deliberately being worsened and the main agenda, before the PML-N leadership leaves the office (and the country) are the loot sale of our State Owned Enterprises (SOEs) to UAE and/or Qatar for great kickbacks in the name of corrective measures of economy. This would've been a corrective measure if they were planning to sell out the loss making SOE's like PIA and Steel Mills etc, but they are selling out the profitable SOE's like OGDCL, PPL and Marigas etc. and that too not in an open bidding, where Pakistani investors may be allowed to take part in the bidding, but all this will be done behind closed doors with the Governments of other countries and according to the new enacted law, no one can challenge the deal in any court of law.

RIP Pakistani awaam, you are being sold, you children are being sold .... and all is being sold at dirt cheap prices and the ones responsible for all this keep telling us to Pray.... Pray for the economy to get better.

Last edited:

Dr Adam

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
About the Governor State Bank of Pakistan, convening a meeting at Karachi yesterday, announcing a 300 basis point interest rate seems like business as usual -- as if nothing has happened. Pushing the policy rate around 300 basis points translates into a core inflation of 20%, which is insane in any manner, whatsoever.

Anyone not familiar with the idea of Core Inflation shall understand that it is a measure of price change without considering the prices of energy and food, since the latter are more volatile.

The SBP Governor, yesterday, was heard saying that 20% inflation is just nothing and will not hit the economy much, since the wages will also increase. This is just like telling you that your house has been burned down, but be merry because your clothes still haven't caught fire. These retards, while addressing an audience of financial experts and industrialists put up a blunt face in front of them and kept spewing lies, which they knew their audience will not buy at any cost.

It is a settled principal and has been proven time and again in the annals of economic history of the world that whenever the inflation is induced due to increase in taxes, duties and/or basic interest rates, the industry and production starts to wane. This would eventually mean less jobs for people and more money required to feed them with the same amount of bread as they eat today. This would eventually hit the revenues of the Government too, since the business activity will also be squeezed. The phenomenon is known as the Laffer's Curve in economics. Yet it seems like the Governor SBP and the Finance Minister are totally unaware of the term.
It is a time tested theory that increasing the tax rates above a certain limit only decreases the government's revenue because of reduced economic activity in the country.

What is more troubling is that Pakistan was not even on the agenda of IMF's last board meeting, held two days ago. It means that they have stopped taking us seriously anymore.

So, what is our fate? can we read the writing on the wall? can we not see what is being done to us? Why we deliberately kept delaying the IMF's review for so long? just to make our people starve and push our country into a deeper mess?

Last, but not the least; it is speculated by many of the experts I have spoken with since yesterday that Pakistan's economic crises is deliberately being worsened and the main agenda, before the PML-N leadership leaves the office (and the country) are the loot sale of our State Owned Enterprises (SOEs) to UAE and/or Qatar for great kickbacks in the name of corrective measures of economy. This would've been a corrective measure if they were planning to sell out the loss making SOE's like PIA and Steel Mills etc, but they are selling out the profitable SOE's like OGDCL, PPL and Marigas etc. and that too not in an open bidding, where Pakistani investors may be allowed to take part in the bidding, but all this will be done behind closed doors with the Governments of other countries and according to the new enacted law, no one can challenge the deal in any court of law.

RIP Pakistani awaam, you are being sold, you children are being sold .... and all is being sold at dirt cheap prices and the ones responsible for all this keep telling us to Pray.... Pray for the economy to get better.

سر جی! خادم نوں معشیت تے نمبر کرنچنگ دا تے ایناں کوئی پتا نئیں پر "لیونگ آن اے پریئر" کیپشن دی مناسبت نال دعا حاضر اے

اَﻋُﺆذُ ﺑِﺎﷲِ ﻣﻦَ اﻟﺸّٰﯿﻄٰﻦ اﻟﺮﺟﱢﯿﻢ ٱﻟﺮﱠﺣِﯿﻢِ
بِسْمِ اللّٰهِِ الرَّحْمَنِ الرَّحِيْم

یا اللہ! ہمیں ان لوگوں میں شامل فرما جنہیں
تو ھدایت دیتا ہے اور وہ صراط مستقیم
پر چلتے ہیں . جو توبہ کرتے ہیں تو انکی
توبہ کو قبول کرتا ہے . اور ان جیسا بنا جو
تیرا خوب شکر ادا کرتے ہیں اور جن
پر تُو اپنا کرم فرماتا ہے . آمین

Sohail Shuja

سر جی! خادم نوں معشیت تے نمبر کرنچنگ دا تے ایناں کوئی پتا نئیں پر "لیونگ آن اے پریئر" کیپشن دی مناسبت نال دعا حاضر اے

🤲آمین

سر جی، گل سِدھی ایہہ ہے کہ اے اگلے الیکشن تے اپنے آبائی وطن انگلینڈ جانے
توں پہلے او جی ڈی سی، تے باقی ادارے اپنی دھیی دی سسرال، یعنی قطر نوں ویچ کے جانا چاہندے نے۔

او کہندے نے کہ بندے نوں موت وکھاوٗ تے نزلہ زکام او ہنس کے خرید لیندا اے۔ ساڈی قوم نوں وی ایناں نے پہلے اینا کوئی بھُک نال مارنا اے کہ بعد اچ کسے نے نئیں کہنا کہ ایہہ ساڈی کمپنیاں کیوں ویچ رئے او؟ تواڈے پیو دا مال اے حرامخورو؟

اسی بہت بدقسمت قوم آں ڈاکٹر صاحب، جیتھے یا تے فوج آ کے جنگاں لا کے ساڈے پراۃ تے پُتراں دا خون ویچ ڈالر کماندی اے یا فیر اے جمہورے لُٹ لاٹ کے اپنے ابے کول پیسے جمع کراندے رہندے نے۔

پاکستان اچ ضیاء توں بعد دے دس سال ویکھ لو یا فیر مشرّف توں بعد دے دس سال۔ ایہہ دوئے پیپلز پاڑٹی تے چون لیگ ہمیشہ ملک نوں دیوالیہ ہی کر کے چھڈدے نے۔

مینوں زیادہ نہ چھیڑو سرجی اج ۔۔۔۔ کل توں میرا پارہ اینا کوئی چڑھیا ہویا اے کہ میں اج ایناں نو ماں پہن دی گالاں کڈنیاں نے ۔۔۔
🤬🤬🤬

Last edited:

Sonya Khan

Minister (2k+ posts)
I am no economist but this deliberate economic ruin seems fishy to me as a layman too …..
I think they are buying the local folding businesses, properties and non-viable factories at dirt cheap prices too ….
Keep an eye on large swathes of suburban lands …. They may well be buying this too dirt cheap from needy people …..
Lastly they are deliberately pushing the middle educated class down so that the gap between elites and commoners become too wide to fill resulting in perpetual subjugation……
I honestly think they are up to something big and I am not talking about selling our nukes ….

Dr Adam

🤲آمین
مینوں زیادہ نہ چھیڑو سرجی اج ۔۔۔۔ کل توں میرا پارہ اینا کوئی چڑھیا ہویا اے میں اج ایناں نو ماں پہن دی گالاں کڈنیاں نے ۔۔۔
🤬🤬🤬

👆 👆 👆

میری ولوں کھلی اجازت اے
جی پھر کے غبار کڈو اپنا

Sohail Shuja

I am no economist but this deliberate economic ruin seems fishy to me as a layman too …..
I think they are buying the local folding businesses, properties and non-viable factories at dirt cheap prices too ….
Keep an eye on large swathes of suburban lands …. They may well be buying this too dirt cheap from needy people …..
Lastly they are deliberately pushing the middle educated class down so that the gap between elites and commoners become too wide to fill resulting in perpetual subjugation……
I honestly think they are up to something big and I am not talking about selling our nukes ….
Seriously telling you Doctor Sb, everything you wrote is spot on.

I spoke with a person working at IMF who told me that the way Pakistani Govt is agreeing to the demands of IMF is even scaring IMF too. They know that by implementing such measures they will kill the people.

She told me that usually what we (the IMF) throw out initially as a demand is really not our desire, but a starter for discussion and negotiation. We always demand tough things so that after the negotiation and bargaining we settle down at some mid-grounds.

Sohail Shuja

👆 👆 👆

میری ولوں کھلی اجازت اے
جی پھر کے غبار کڈو اپنا
ہاں تُسی امریکہ بیہہ کے سانوں ایتھے کسی کالے ڈالے تے سواری کرانڑ لئے او۔
جیہڑی اصل اچ ہوئی اے، او تے نئیں، لیکن اے تواڈے سائفر تے ایناں نے میرے خلاف امریکی سازش بنا لینی اے۔
تسی پہلے میرے گھوڑے دا میڈیکل بناوٗ تے مینوں بھیجو کہ میرا گھوڑا گھوڑا نئیں، کھوتا اے۔ میں فیر اوتھے پہنچ کے آپ وی ایناں نوں گالاں کڈاں گا تے میرا گھوڑا وی ایناں نوں کُج کڈ کے وکھائے گا۔

Dr Adam

I spoke with a person working at IMF who told me that the way Pakistani Govt is agreeing to the demands of IMF is even scaring IMF too. They know that by implementing such measures they will kill the people.

She told me that usually what we (the IMF) throw out initially as a demand is really not our desire, but a starter for discussion and negotiation. We always demand tough things so that after the negotiation and bargaining we settle down at some mid-grounds.

مطلب اے کے اے آئی ایم ایف والے وی افغانی طبیعتاں دے مالک نیں . قالین ٢٠،٠٠٠ دا دس کے ١٠٠٠ اچ ویچ جان گے تے فیر وی خوش

But I understand their point.
They are there to help you out, and not to conquer your country.

thinking

So its mean ke Iss waqt Bandar ke hath m Machas aa gae ha..Aur Bandar pora Mulk aag m jhoonk raha ha...
Company ko kabhi maaf nahi kia ja sakta...

thinking

مطلب اے کے اے آئی ایم ایف والے وی افغانی طبیعتاں دے مالک نیں . قالین ٢٠،٠٠٠ دا دس کے ١٠٠٠ اچ ویچ جان گے تے فیر وی خوش

Koi bhi financial institution kabhi nahi chahay ga ke uss ka client mar jaya..client ko zinda rakh kar hi apna qarza wapas mill sakta ha..Lekan agar client ka zindah rehna mushkal ho tu phir ye dekha jata ha ke girvi rakhay assests itnay hain ke qaraz ki asal raqam wapas ho sakay?

Sonya Khan

Minister (2k+ posts)

In 2015 Sep Hafeez Pasha the PMLN economist while speaking in a seminar in Islamabad made an alarming statement that Nawaz Sharif and team wants to take debt of Pakistan from 55 billion dollars to 90 billion dollars by Sep 2018 ….. ( You can Google the exact article) …..
We were flabbergasted by reading it but really thought all Panama Suo Moto drama was to halt this plan of deliberate ruin of Pakistan….
Now it seems the plan is in action again but since Afghanistan is out of equation now I can’t really comprehend why it’s still on …..

Sonya Khan

Minister (2k+ posts)

Is it true that with sale of OGDCL and PPL , any future exploration and subsequent finds will be in foreign hands ???

Sohail Shuja

او دراصل ساڈی طبیعت توں وی واقف نے۔

Actually they (the banks) will never like to kill a hen which lays them a golden egg a day. The day we subdue to them for a loan, we ourselves tie our hands in font of them. So, why would they like to do all the dirty stuff we are capable of doing for them?

Pak_1

MPA (400+ posts)

Aamin Ya Rab al Alamin

Sohail Shuja

In 2015 Sep Hafeez Pasha the PMLN economist while speaking in a seminar in Islamabad made an alarming statement that Nawaz Sharif and team wants to take debt of Pakistan from 55 billion dollars to 90 billion dollars by Sep 2018 ….. ( You can Google the exact article) …..
We were flabbergasted by reading it but really thought all Panama Suo Moto drama was to halt this plan of deliberate ruin of Pakistan….
Now it seems the plan is in action again but since Afghanistan is out of equation now I can’t really comprehend why it’s still on …..
I think you were talking of this article:

In fact, our total external debt is only 25% owned by IMF, WB, ADB and all the others collectively, whereas 75% of our debt is owned by China alone.

I cannot comment on the Panama Suo Moto with certainty, but I know that Dar started to plant landmines after 2016, when it became evident to them that they are exposed and will be ousted. So, for the next incoming Govt, Dar started to set up a minefield. That is why when PTI took office, everywhere they stepped started to blow off. Dar kept fudging the figures and that never allowed anyone to gauge the severity of the problem.

And I think Afghanistan is still not out of the equation. They are now trying to make it a launchpad for ingress into China. Try to look at the problem of Afghan's economic stress and militancy along with the issue of Uyghurs. If a militancy breaks out in West China, backed up by hungry Afghan fighters, then who is to be blamed? certainly not the US, because they are out of there....

Sohail Shuja

Was just going through the news and stumbled upon this. Thought you might like it.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1741165/raising-policy-rate-was-not-imfs-demand-discloses-sbp-chief

Dr Adam

Was just going through the news and stumbled upon this. Thought you might like it.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1741165/raising-policy-rate-was-not-imfs-demand-discloses-sbp-chief

I think last week we have had already agreed upon this notion that nowhere in the world the role of any international lending institution is to make things difficult for the borrower. They are only interested in the safe recovery of the principle together with the accrued interest. Keeping that in mind they advise some structural changes to ensure the retrieval of their money.
But the 2 numbri ring leaders of puukha nanga and wakhra Pakistan have different thinking, different approach and a different state of mind. They are only interested in stashing maximum percentage out from the borrowed money. In order for them to get that money from the lender they bring into equation those self imposed conditions as well which the lender has not even thought about... what to talk of asking.
Bus yehi kuuch Ishaq chaprasi nay keeya hai.
Make no mistake, it is for this reason that even the clerical level agreement thus far is a pipedream. IMF clerks were, and still are baffled to comprehend that how could leaders of any country can stoop that low..... having no problem or feel any shame in sacrificing the interests of their State and their people.

Ennaan diyaan phurtiaan!