List/Location of Polling Stations ?

sadani

Minister (2k+ posts)
polling-station-005.jpg

A Salam o Alykum ,

Now i'm pretty much happy the way PTI is running their campaign but the only issue is how we will convert all this support into voters on Elections Day.

So Just wanted to discuss some "electioneering".
Lets start with list of polling stations ( 1st part of electioneering discussion )

On election day , there are usually two type of voters ( from transport point of view )

1 - Voters who uses transport provided by political parties ( mostly poor people + conventional party voters )
2 - Voters who CAN use their own transport but usually dont ( mostly middle and affluent class + NEW unconventional voters / silent majority )

Of course we cannot neglect 1st type of voters , for which we(PTI) definitely need to find ways of taking them to polling stations and telling them proper ways of casting votes etc...

But since now PTI is heavily relying on NEW votes from SILENT MAJORITY who never casted their votes in past , so now they have to think about ways of making sure that these second type of voters can also cast their vote on election.

For second type of voters , we do not need to provide transport or food or any educational training on casting votes.
Most of these middle and affluent class people can make use of their own transport, does not really bother about "qeemey waley naan" and they know how to caste a vote without help of any polling agent.

the only thing which they need to know is "location of polling station".

For most of you it can be a non issue , but due to my personal experience , it can be really tricky on DAY OF ELECTION.
I know that there are lot of people , youngsters who wants to cast their vote on election day but they just dun know where to go .

Sometimes election comission chooses govt. schools as polling stations and since nobody goes to govt. schools now a days so people are totally unware of these locations.

• So it would be nice if PTI polling agents can share the location of nearest polling station with constituency people
  • PTI - TRP should be distributing this list-location map of polling station alongwith other PTI pamphlets (door-to-door )
  • Usually polling stations can only serve particular area / streets of a constituency , so PTI TRP should START ACTING IMMEDIATELY
  • PTI-TRP should start work in their election offices , start looking at the voter list and see which polling station would be serving which streets
  • Than PTI-TRP should make polling station specific flyers and distribute in each relevant street conveying the message to people that do not wait for PTI transport to come and pick you up for polling station , now you have the location and map of polling station , GO and CAST your vote

A sample flyer should have the content like :

People living in Mohalla Shaheed e Millat Town , Bagh e Malir block A / C streets 5-10 should be using Govt Boys School Malir as their polling station.
On Polling day , please come out as soon as possible to avoid long queus , reach your nearest polling station and cast your vote .
Take all your eligible family members.
All you need is your original NIC.

Remember : if not NOW ....than NEVER

Now in the end , just a question

Do we have list of all polling stations across all pakistan ?

I tried to search it on ECP website but unable to get anything. Let me know if anyone can help me out on this.

Thanks

Last edited:

moazzamniaz

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
How to find your polling station across Pakistan on Election Day

[h=1]How to find your polling station across Pakistan on Election Day[/h]By Chowrangi Team on April 25, 2013 in Current Affairs, Elections 2013
polling-station.jpg

Here is how to find your polling station across Pakistan.
Steps shared by Norbalm at his website:
Step by Step process to finding your polling stations across Pakistan. (Sourced from the web)
1) Send your CNIC number (no dashes, no spaces) via SMS to 8300 and wait for a message from ECP
2) Note down BLOCK CODE from the SMS

3) Download Draft Polling Scheme for your province from this link:http://ecp.gov.pk/PollingScheme.aspx
4) The downloaded Excel File contains your city data. Open it & find the BLOCK CODE.
5) This is your polling station
6) The SMS will also contain your Serial Number in the voter list use this to find your name at the polling station

sadani

Minister (2k+ posts)
Re: How to find your polling station across Pakistan on Election Day

3) Download ‘Draft Polling Scheme’ for your province from this link:http://ecp.gov.pk/PollingScheme.aspx
4) The downloaded Excel File contains your city data. Open it & find the BLOCK CODE.
5) This is your polling station
6) The SMS will also contain your Serial Number in the voter list use this to find your name at the polling station

Thanks Moazzam ,

I actually found mine :-)

My Polling Station : NA-256 KHI - Jamia Millia Girls secondary School گل رعنا ٹاون، شہید ملت ٹاون،
Total Votes : 799 , Male = 444 , Female = 355 .... Male Polling Booths = 2 .... Female Polling Booths = 2

Cheers ...

I Urge all members to find out their polling stations and share it with their local friends and family members so they can prepare accordingly .

Hadith

Minister (2k+ posts)
PTI MEMBERS should have list of each 'Hulka", they need to make copies of it(multiple) for multiple teams, and sit with list to locate polling station for each section, mark the list and make small reciepts which shows serial number of voter on List, and write address or location of polling station, can draw small guide map also, have to act fast....and yes seperate them male and females(if possible), most of delay happens is to find name in list after the delay in finding polling station, my experience...