Is listening to Music Halal (permissible) or Haram (prohibited) in Islam?

Faiza

The sound in the background is making it hard to listen what the scholars are saying

Now days it’s become a trend to play something in a background, which is mostly just a distraction, and make it hard to get the full benefits of the message

Sorry for the criticism but I actually wanted the listen the message but I had to stop because of the sound

The_Choice

Senator (1k+ posts)
The sound in the background is making it hard to listen what the scholars are saying

Now days it’s become a trend to play something in a background, which is mostly just a distraction, and make it hard to get the full benefits of the message

Sorry for the criticism but I actually wanted the listen the message but I had to stop because of the sound

Asalamu'alaikum, I watched the clip again to analyze the sound at the back, but it really isn't distracting Sister Faiza. You can clearly hear the scholars, Alhamdulillah. Perhaps the settings on your volume are bass heavy? I suggest you try to adjust your audio settings and try again, Insha'Allah. Sometimes we get "waswasa" that distracts us from gaining knowledge that may benefit us. Jazak'Allah Khair.