Imran Khans opposition party to block Nato supplies

gazoomartian

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
Gazoo Notes: Go Imran Go. You are better than shitty parliament. And it might be legal too. Some one has to enforce the parliament resolution.

This is just print in Dawn, 25 min ago.

http://www.dawn.com/2011/05/20/pakistani-opposition-party-to-block-nato-supplies.html
Imran Khans opposition party to block Nato supplies

imrankhanAFP2_543.jpg

KARACHI: Pakistani opposition leader and former cricketer Imran Khan said Friday his party workers would block the port in Karachi to protest against US drone strikes in the countrys tribal badlands.

Karachi is Pakistans economic hub, home to its stock exchange and a lifeline for a depressed economy wilting under inflation and stagnating foreign investment.
The southern port city is important to logistical support for the Nato forces fighting against Taliban militants in Afghanistan.

Well sit outside the ports gate from Saturday afternoon to Sunday evening continuously to block the trucks carrying Nato supplies, said cricket-hero-turned politician Khan, who leads Tehreek-e-Insaf (Movement for Justice).

It will be our symbolic protest against the US atrocities towards our innocent citizens.

He had equally harsh words for President Asif Zardaris government and the main opposition leader Nawaz Sharif but refrained from passing similar comments about army chief Ashfaq Kayani.

Khans party staged a two-day sit-in outside the northwestern city of Peshawar last month, which was called to urge the US to end a covert missile campaign against militants in Pakistans tribal belt.

Khan said the government had given full liberty to its American masters to kill Pakistanis at will.
Well be protesting against the drone strikes till our people are truly liberated from the clutches of monsters, he said.

Nato supply trucks and oil tankers are the targets of frequent attacks blamed on insurgents attempting to disrupt supplies for the more than 130,000 international troops fighting in Afghanistan.

Most supplies and equipment required by coalition troops in Afghanistan are shipped through Pakistan, although US troops increasingly use alternative routes through central Asia.

gazoomartian

A Suggestion to IK

Please do it for one week. One day will not have any significant affect on the NATO.

Specially with the advance news of the blockade, they will stock up on the supplies minimizing the affect.

Also for future, since you are very popular, round up all those who want to take part, and start blocking unannounced and sudden. Then you will see NATO running around like a chicken with head cutoff

Just a suggestion.

faqira786

Senator (1k+ posts)
They are doing over weekend so no impact on supplies bcoz its a weekend. They should do between Monday to Friday then it will make a difference.

faqira786

Senator (1k+ posts)
A Suggestion to IK

Please do it for one week. One day will not have any significant affect on the NATO.

Specially with the advance news of the blockade, they will stock up on the supplies minimizing the affect.

Also for future, since you are very popular, round up all those who want to take part, and start blocking unannounced and sudden. Then you will see NATO running around like a chicken with head cutoff

Just a suggestion.

Gazoo, I will let you happy and joy for a day or two and make no comment on you.

kNoWnAjNabi

Councller (250+ posts)
Jiss tarah ka tera naam hai uss tarah ke baat ke hai tum ne. The purpose of this is let the world know that we are against extrajudicial killings. As two days stopping will not make a difference to their cause. So understand the issues...........lakeer ke fakeerrr hi rehna tum :P

They are doing over weekend so no impact on supplies bcoz its a weekend. They should do between Monday to Friday then it will make a difference.

Aijazahmed

Minister (2k+ posts)
A Suggestion to IK

Just a suggestion.
Nice suggestion Mr. Gazoo.

BUT

With all due respects, as you are also a former Karachiitte and you know it better, I as ask you if is it possible in this hot weather for any one to sit in for one week at the sea shore of Karachi?
As Imran said this is just a symbolic attempt and right way to record the protests. When me and you are in Canada and enjoying a comfortable life here, or other party leaders are in airconditioned rooms of Islam Abad, Lahore and Karachi, at least he is doing something that is obviously better than nothing.
If I was in Karachi, I would surely go to that gathering along with my closed MQM saathis.

Door se beth ker BHASHAN dena bohot asan hai mere bhai. Sorry to say that.

faqira786

Senator (1k+ posts)
Jiss tarah ka tera naam hai uss tarah ke baat ke hai tum ne. The purpose of this is let the world know that we are against extrajudicial killings. As two days stopping will not make a difference to their cause. So understand the issues...........lakeer ke fakeerrr hi rehna tum :P

My friend, Use mind and widsom, Pakistani Politician, Army and ISI have two faces. Dont you know yet?????? dont you understand now,

Whole parliment have already signed a bill but what had happened, Dont you understand now?

They are telling you that we are aginst of drone but they are with US bcoz US give them DOLLAR$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Try to understand, I know the fact that our people want ot be happy for a day or two so I will make you happy

faqira786

Senator (1k+ posts)

BUT

With all due respects, as you are also a former Karachiitte and you know it better, I as ask you if is it possible in this hot weather for any one to sit in for one week at the sea shore of Karachi?
As Imran said this is just a symbolic attempt and right way to record the protests. When me and you are in Canada and enjoying a comfortable life here, or other party leaders are in airconditioned rooms of Islam Abad, Lahore and Karachi, at least he is doing something that is obviously better than nothing.
If I was in Karachi, I would surely go to that gathering along with my closed MQM saathis.

My FRIEND, Dont get excited, Try to understand

What IMRAN said, I am in Pakistan bcoz of Politics and same as other political leaders, and this is all Politics. Nobody is with pakistani people. We are living in Canada and try to understand first, What is our Problems. We are easy to make fool. Dont you remember what ZIA and Bhutto did, Roti kapra and makan what had happenedd???????

gazoomartian

BUT

Then stop giving BHASHAN. By the way I do live in Canada, but our condo does not have any AC. Its very unbearable in summer but we live thru it thinking of winter days. But high temp (as much as 34, 35c) does not last more than 2, 3 days before clouds move in from the mountains.

If you say so brother.

You may think its a BHASHAN but Pakistanis living abroad are the fixed assets for Pakistan. Today what political samajh boojh Imran has can be partly contributed to his traveling and living in the UK/US etc.

This is the age of global village. You can not shut out those who live abroad. They are the very same expatriates the country needs, for brain, finances, technology, ideas, politics, experience etc.

So please don't think of us living abroad as useless or a BHASHAN giver. Pakistan needs us as much as we need Pakistan. Pak is our identity, our home, our passion. If politicians did ducked up the country, who would have come overseas and reqlinquesh family friends and the country? I dont think you would either.

Like my sister merhooma o maghfoora used to say: paida hueye Pakistani main aur mareingey Pakistan mein. And she sure lived up to her words.

Salam

gazoomartian

[hilar][hilar]

bhai faqira saheb Ahmedi hain. Unko Pakistan ki her cheez buri aur Israel ki her cheez achi lagti hai :lol:

chalo thori si hansi paida kar lo chehrey per

[video]http://youtu.be/q8DiOthAKek[/video]​

ijaz.jazi

Voter (50+ posts)
[MENTION=12802]faqira786[/MENTION]

I hope you are participating?
If not, let them do what they are doing... the problem with us is that we only talk talk n talk but when it comes to action, we are useless, we don't do anything.

saeed khan

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
My FRIEND, Dont get excited, Try to understand

What IMRAN said, I am in Pakistan bcoz of Politics and same as other political leaders, and this is all Politics. Nobody is with pakistani people. We are living in Canada and try to understand first, What is our Problems. We are easy to make fool. Dont you remember what ZIA and Bhutto did, Roti kapra and makan what had happenedd???????

Dear faqira786

Correct you are about bhutto and zia but Imran is different than B & Z.
Bhutto joined the team of Gen Ayub and usually called him daddy, when Bhuto felt that now Gen Ayub is not much popular he left his daddy and created a new party. Any person who was not loyal to his daddy, what he could be with his country ?
Zia was a Gen so no need to say anything but NS joined him like Bhutto joined Ayub.
IK did not join any Gen. otherwise he could be our PM in the elections of 2008 and no one of Zab or Zia did what Imran has done before entering the politics. So I think we can not compare him with Zab and Zia.