How many of u stopped posting coz siast.pk admin moved your post?

Liaqat Hussain

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
[MENTION=52339]zainperfect[/MENTION]

I think mods are doing a decent job

I visit this forum probably 20 times a day to get updates. If I see the same topic again and again, I would be upset and won't visit the forum as much.

I will suggest you check the forum before posting a thread. This forum gets upadates almost instantly, thanks to dedicated members.

Night_Hawk

Siasat.pk - Blogger
I did not.

I have seen multiple threads on the same topic by various members and from various sources and they have to merge those.
They have to keep some type of sense in merging the threads and posts.
In my humble opinion they are justified in doing so.

Adeel

Founder
It seems pointless if your hard worked post is mixed with some wrestling post.

I completely understand your frustration. We mostly merge if it is the same video OR just a one liner thread without any content.

Mods are instructed to let go any thread where they feel an effort has been put into.

We'll keep getting better IA

zainperfect

Banned
@123456 thanks for your comments... but sometimes admin even merge ur post or thread with somfin wich is not so much similar with the content... i agree with you dat itz admin job not to hav repetitive threads.... but alot ov the times they discourage new people who want to start a thread and majority of the times their threads are either moved or posted to a half-similar topic thread.... so i would also like to request admin to let a thread start even though its a similar topic but mite be a different fact abt a same topic or a different dynamic of a same topic....

Last edited:

Night_Hawk

Siasat.pk - Blogger
@zainperfect

I think mods are doing a decent job

I visit this forum probably 20 times a day to get updates. If I see the same topic again and again, I would be upset and won't visit the forum as much.

I will suggest you check the forum before posting a thread. This forum gets upadates almost instantly, thanks to dedicated members.

I agree with you.
If we do not see our thread and we quickly jump to conclusions and start abusing the Admin or Mods.
My threads were merged many times.
They have to do their job as it is required of them.

FaisalKh

I agree with you.
If we do not see our thread and we quickly jump to conclusions and start abusing the Admin or Mods.
My threads were merged many times.
They have to do their job as it is required of them.
It is justified for them to move or merge threads if they r just copy paste of news/articles or images/clips. But if someone writes down of his own specially in urdu then it is an injustice and mocking of one's effort.

Admins should definitely let that kind of threads for a while before merging them to others...

Night_Hawk

Siasat.pk - Blogger
It is justified for them to move or merge threads if they r just copy paste of news/articles or images/clips. But if someone writes down of his own specially in urdu then it is an injustice and mocking of one's effort.

Admins should definitely let that kind of threads for a while before merging them to others...

We have to be positive of things.
Why would they mock us (The forum Members).
They have started this Forum for us (Forum members) to have our input in the form of our threads and posts.
Our presence and participation in the discussions is very important for them.

As you mentioned that it is ok to merge those threads where a member has use cut and paste method to gather information, and has spend valuable time to post.
If it is repeat or the same topic then it is ok for them to merge.

shiningstar

Minister (2k+ posts)
I hv posted against pti couple of times in last two months, but either my post was deleted or was moved secretly. this forum social medis house of pti.

Saladin A

Minister (2k+ posts)
It depends upon the policy of a website or a newspaper if to merge a post with another or give the writer freedom of expression unless an administrator considered that it crossed limits of decency, moral, ethics or was personal, racists and prejudicial to some one.

An administrator is the final judge to determine but I would prefer that a writer should be given the freedom to write without his/her post. being merged unless it is absolutely necessary. It is often upsetting and annoying that you worked and slogged hard to write something and your was merged some where else.

naveed

I hv posted against pti couple of times in last two months, but either my post was deleted or was moved secretly. this forum social medis house of pti.

I'm a pti supporter and 100s of my threads have been merged but do I complain ?

Wadaich

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
Sensible merging is required to keep tideness of the content. However,due to senseless merging which 75% of the is done here, I now rarely post.

baalti

Minister (2k+ posts)
its funny how many here criticize anchors as aql-e-qul etc but then whining about their THREADS or POSTS... let it be, the mods/admins are doing their jobs, sometimes they might get it wrong, but what's the big deal... there is usually dozens of threads on the same topic and we don't want to see all threads to be on 2 topics... i am of the believe that if your POST (thread as well) was reading worthy or reply worthy then it will find its way to the lime light one way or the other...

famamdani

Minister (2k+ posts)
but one thing must decided how many time limit of ( Re-post ) because many time reason of deleted post is RE-POST....!!!!!!!!!!!!!:angry_smile:(bigsmile)