Hindu holy man Sathya Sai Baba dies aged 86

lotaa

Minister (2k+ posts)
By AIJAZ RAHI, AP
PUTTAPARTI, India (AP) Hindu guru Sathya Sai Baba, worshipped as a god by millions of followers worldwide, died Sunday morning in a hospital near his southern Indian ashram. He was 86.

Sai Baba had spent nearly a month on breathing support and dialysis while struggling with multiple-organ failure after being admitted March 28 to the Sri Sathya Sai Institute of Higher Medical Sciences, near his ashram in Puttaparti village in Andhra Pradesh state.

Women selling marigold garlands broke down in tears outside the ashram when the news of his death was announced, and followers began trickling into the temple complex where the guru's body would lie in state Sunday night through Tuesday. Hundreds of thousands of devotees are expected to pay last respects. A funeral with state honors is planned Wednesday morning.

The saffron-robed Sathya Sai Baba had a huge following, with ashrams in over 126 countries and Indian devotees including high-placed politicians, movie stars, world-class athletes and industrialists.

He was said to perform miracles, conjuring rings, watches and "vibhuti" a sacred ash that his followers applied on their foreheads from his overgrown and unkempt Afro-style hair.

But rationalist critics led campaigns against him, calling him a charlatan and his miracles fake. Several news reports also alleged he committed sexual abuse against devotees allegations he denied as vilification campaigns.

Officials and celebrities expressed sadness at the guru's passing, remembering him as a "great pious personality" who worked selflessly to help others.

"Sri Satya Sai Baba was a spiritual leader who inspired millions to lead a moral and meaningful life, even as they followed the religion of their choice," Prime Minister Manmohan Singh said in a statement. His death is "an irreparable loss to all, and the nation deeply mourns his passing away."

A heavy police deployment, in place for weeks as Sai Baba's condition worsened, was using barricades to restrict road traffic Sunday, while shopkeepers were told to close to limit the number of people in town.

Andhra Pradesh state declared four days of mourning, with its top official calling Sai Baba "a symbol of love, affection and passion."

"Sri Satya Sai Baba has given his great self to the service of humanity," Chief Minister N. Kiran Kumar Reddy said. "He will be remembered for ages to come by all sections of people all over the world."

Born Nov. 23, 1926, as Sathyanarayana Raju, he was said as a child to display a tendency toward spirituality and unusual intelligence, which he expressed through music, dance and writing poetry and plays.

In 1940, at the age of 14, he declared himself an "avatar," or reincarnation, of another Hindu holy man called the Sai Baba of Shirdi, a town in western Maharashtra state, who died in 1918.

As the young guru attracted followers, his home of Puttaparti grew from a sleepy village into a vibrant town with the sprawling "Prasanthi Nilayam" ashram built in 1950, as well as a large hospital, a university and schools run by his Satya Sai Central Trust, set up in 1972 with donations from devotees.

The trust estimated to be worth at least $8.9 billion and possibly much more also established spiritual centers in the cities of Mumbai, Hyderabad and Chennai. It built another hospital in Bangalore, where Sai Baba had a summer home, and funded water supply projects in several southern states.

Though no successor has been named to run the trust, it has assured "there is or will be no vacuum," according to a recent statement released after the guru was hospitalized.

Health woes over recent years had forced Sai Baba to cut down on public appearances. He survived a stroke and a series of heart attacks in 1963. In 2005, he began using a wheelchair, and a year later he fractured his hip when a student fell from a stool onto the guru.

Sai Baba was also mired in controversies, with several news reports about allegations of sexual abuse and fake miracles.

A 2004 television program by the British Broadcasting Corporation called the "Secret Swami" featured interviews with at least two American male devotees claiming the guru had fondled their genitals and exposed himself to them while claiming it was part of a healing ritual.

Though he denied the allegations and was never charged with any crime, the reports led some to break with the guru.

The ashram also said Sai Baba had survived an attempt against his life, with six devotees including the guru's personal assistant killed in his bedroom in June 1993 after allegedly trying to attack him. Facts of the case still remain a mystery.

Sai Baba was never married and has no children.

___

Associated Press writer Omer Farooq contributed to this report from Hyderabad, India.

T

terex

He might have had 100 illegitimate children.no one knows!
these kinds of sadhu and pakhandi, fool people !!

Now in today world of technology prow,people are more aware of such fake baba(clap)
He did spend some of his wealth which we got from hindu devotees on setting up hostpitals and university!!

T

terex

http://www.hindustantimes.com/Sai-B...n-Rs-40-000-crore-empire/Article1-689085.aspx

Sai Baba's death leaves question mark on Rs 40,000 crore empire

The death of spiritual leader Sathya Sai Baba has left a question mark on the future of the Sri Sathya Sai Central Trust (SSSCT), estimated to have assets worth Rs 40,000 crore ($9 billion).
As Baba, who was chairperson of the trust, left no successor to the massive empire, his death might trigger a

related stories
Sathya Sai Baba passes away
fight for succession among the trust members which include his nephew R.J. Ratnakar.
While some eminent devotees of Baba believe that with personalities like former chief justice of India P.N. Bhagvati on the board, the trust will carry on in a smooth manner various charitable work in India and abroad, they also fear the government might take over control in case of any rift among the members.

"There is no rift among the trust members but I can't say this about Baba's family members," a retired police officer, who is an ardent devotee of Baba told IANS on condition of anonymity. He said the government might take over if such a situation arises.

Ever since Baba was admitted to hospital with multi-organ dysfunction last month, speculation of differences among trust members were doing the rounds.

Ratnakar, son of Baba's brother, reportedly wanted cheque power which is presently with trust member secretary A. Chakravarthi, a retired Indian Administrative Service (IAS) officer, who quit his job on Baba's advise to join his network.

Though not a member of the trust, Satyajit, Baba's personal caregiver, is allegedly trying to have a greater say in the financial matters as Baba had reportedly promised him last year a key post on the trust.

Reports in a section of vernacular media suggest that suitcases full of money and gold were taken out of Prashanti Nilayam, the ashram of Baba. However, some well-known devotees have denied the reports.

"Since all the contributions to the trust come in the form of cheques and it does not accept cash, there is no scope for misappropriation of even a single rupee," said former judge of Andhra Pradesh High Court J. Eswara Prasad.

According to Prasad, Bhagvati recently met Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to brief him about the activities of the trust and to clear the air in view of the "rumours".

Sai Baba had formed the trust in 1972 to run the affairs of his massive spiritual empire. It is under SSSCT that dozens of trusts in about 160 countries are running educational institutions, hospitals, drinking water schemes and undertaking various other service activities.

Besides Bhagavati, Chakravarthi and Ratnakar, S.V. Giri, a former chief vigilance commissioner, Indulal Shah, a chartered accountant-turned entrepreneur and Venu Srinivasan of TVS Motors are members of the trust.

Ratnakar was inducted by Baba last year following the death of his father Janakiram. Nobody from the children of Baba's two other brothers and sisters have any say in the trust.

The trust always kept itself away from the media. Not much is known about the donations it receives from India and abroad, which are exempt from tax.

Since Baba's devotees include heads of states and governments, rich businessmen and celebrities. The trust is believed to have received donations running into billions of rupees from across the world. The lack of transparency, however, has given rise to suspicion.

Following the recent allegations, Ratnakar had denied any fund diversion. He also stated that all the foreign donations are deposited in a separate bank account as per the norms approved by the union home ministry under the Foreign Contribution Regulation Act, 1976.

The trust runs the Sathya Sai University complex, the 220-bed Sri Sathya Sai Institute of Higher Medical Sciences, where Baba breathed his last; a world religion museum; a planetarium; a railway station; a hill-view stadium; a music college; an administrative building; an airport and an indoor sports stadium in Puttaparthi.

It also runs a specialty hospital in Bangalore, several other hospitals and dispensaries in the backward district of Anantapur. It also funded several drinking water projects, including one for 731 villages in Anantapur district, and Krishna water supply to Chennai.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I wish government takes control over this organization and use it as trust to help poor people,do social work.

dukelondon

Senator (1k+ posts)
This so-called Sai baba had been accused of rape and molestation. He let people worship him as God. Afsoas hai aisay logo par sud afsoas.

Zionist Hindu

Senator (1k+ posts)
I don't know much about him and i am not his follower. India has multitude of sects and religion. We repect all the sects and religions. There are many in india and around theworld who are sad for his demise so i express my condolence to them. India is unique because of our diffrences. Humanity is our meeting point.

hans

Banned
As S.S. Baba is dead can any one now have the guts to open the Case of ...

Sathya Sai Baba Bedroom Murders

Much has been written about the murders in Sathya Sai's apartments on June 6, 1993. Six deaths occurred in Sathya Sai's apartments that night. Two of Sathya Sai Baba's attendants, his personal valet Radhakrishna Menon and a young male servitor, Sai Kumar Mahajan,
PuttaparthiPoliceChief.jpg
were killed - allegedly by some of five intruders into the temple in a knife struggle (though this is unconfirmed by recorded evidence and quite another theory has been put forward as to how the actually died. The informed investigator, B. Premanand claims they were poisoned beforehand, but this issue was never cleared up). Four of the intruders (armed with knives) were locked into Sai Baba's bedroom apartment for hours and after the long stand-off - were subsequently executed by a hail of bullets from the Puttaparthi police. Since there has been no charges of murder or court case, and since much evidence had been destroyed, ignored or hidden by the Puttaparthi police, a Central Federal Bureau investigation was appointed, only to be disbanded when it was nearing results. Therefore its collected evidence was never made public and so many questions remain open. One certain fact is that there was a major cover-up to the highest levels!
Saivictims.jpg

dukelondon

Senator (1k+ posts)
Dunya mein bohat saarey mazhab hain and I respect all religions but may nay apni zindagi mein Hindus say zyada kamzor eemaan kay loag nahi dekhay. This is a fact!!! Ye wo loag hain jo kisi cheez ya insaan ko bhi kisi bhi waqt bhagwaan/God bana laitey hain. Aaj 21st century mein bhi idol worshipping ho rahi hai aur insaan ko God banaya jaa raha hai and then this monkey Sai baba is showing unbelievably stupid and lame magic tricks and thousands of donkeys are clapping. Unreal man Unreal!!

T

terex

Dunya mein bohat saarey mazhab hain and I respect all religions but may nay apni zindagi mein Hindus say zyada kamzor eemaan kay loag nahi dekhay. This is a fact!!! Ye wo loag hain jo kisi cheez ya insaan ko bhi kisi bhi waqt bhagwaan/God bana laitey hain. Aaj 21st century mein bhi idol worshipping ho rahi hai aur insaan ko God banaya jaa raha hai and then this monkey Sai baba is showing unbelievably stupid and lame magic tricks and thousands of donkeys are clapping. Unreal man Unreal!!

Its better to not to stop people from what ever believe they have!!with education,technology masses soon understand such pakhandi, and fraud people!!

This guy had made 9 billion dolllar property.He although did open few university,medical hospitals and did lots of charity for poor masses (althought money also came from hindu devotees,rich business men ,abroad foreigners and state gov)..
so its better to get control of his organization and use his name to open charity all around !!

But its better to be a part of flexible religion and have many beliefs than fix to a belief and become intolerant :)
Atleast they are not supporting dying for religion. religion is not supreme nature and one must follow it to go to heaven:)

Last edited by a moderator:

Zionist Hindu

Senator (1k+ posts)

you are lucky that you didn' t post this in some hindu forum, you would have received answer. If hindu had kamzoor iman we would have become muslims. We can see how pakistani (hyper iman) muslims behave. First they drove off minorities, then started killing auhmedes, then shia, now they are after secular/moderate muslims.in 21st century they are bombing each other in the the name of religion. Unbeliavable

Unicorn

Banned
I don't know much about him and i am not his follower. India has multitude of sects and religion. We repect all the sects and religions. There are many in india and around theworld who are sad for his demise so i express my condolence to them. India is unique because of our diffrences. Humanity is our meeting point.

The guy was a thief and a con artist now state of Andhra Pradesh is giving him state funeral.

I wish there was a hell he could go to but unfortunately there is non. Guy was the personafication of lies, trickery, dishonesty.

Unicorn

Banned

Their is eemaan is no different than anybody ells. Some look for god in idols, some find ina man and some look for it in thin air. They are equally strong in their beliefs Where is the difference?

concern_paki

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Thats the real face of world's biggest democracy..... I rather like to call it The world's biggest piece of ****...... yes India have full of sects, cultures, religions, castes..... in-fact a pool of mud and ****..........

T

terex

Thats the real face of world's biggest democracy..... I rather like to call it The world's biggest piece of ****...... yes India have full of sects, cultures, religions, castes..... in-fact a pool of mud and ****..........

Atleast india is not following 1 religion which is a race and treats itself to be sole power and sole code of conduct !!

After seeing this debate,i understood the difference between india and pakistan!!

what is religion?what is belief?how my religion is better than yours??Why should i enforce my belief over someone?

Muslims cant discuss freely on this and this is the core reason of their failure in any spheres of life!!The islamic nations which mix religon as their state policy can never develop!!

The religious web is too much imbibed in pakistan,and the clappings,arguments by anti secular people showed their irrational perspective to
life.
http://www.siasat.pk/forum/showthread.php?63441-Should-Pakistani-Education-System-be-Secular

they even dont understand that religion(except ancient religion :hinduism,judaism which dont allow conversion ) is a man made tool to divide people and expand its race

Last edited by a moderator:
Their is eemaan is no different than anybody ells. Some look for god in idols, some find ina man and some look for it in thin air. They are equally strong in their beliefs Where is the difference?

sumum bukmum umion fahum la yarjioon

they are deaf, they are dumb, they are blind, they will never come to the straight path.

coolhaider

Minister (2k+ posts)
indian brother[HI] hum ne ahmedi's ko emaan se kharij karar dedia hai u know why ? becoz he called himself GOD and prophet and angel so the one who follow them they are also not muslims so jo kahe k me khuda hoon ya akhri rasool hoon wo wajibul katal hai rastay se koi bhi bhatak sakta hai jo apna path chore deta hai wo hum me se nahi hum un logon me se nahi jo hath se khuda bana k uski pooja start kerde ya koi trick dikha de to usko khuda maan lain hum apne track per chal rahe hain....[/HI]
JUST FOR EXAMPLE AGER APKE GOD K NAAK PER MAKHI (BEE) BETH JAE TO WO USKA NAHI UTHA SAKTA
KHUDA KABHI MARTA NAHI
KHUDA BURHA NAHI HOTA
KHUDA KA KOI SHAREEK NAHI
CONCEPTS OF Thousands of Gods is unacceptable
bhai GOD KA MATLAB HOTA HAI JO SUB KER SAKE
jis khuda k bus main kuch kam hain wo khuda kese ho sakta hai ?
please use ur minds kabhi beth kr sochna zaroor please its a request