Have we forgotten Raymond Davis?

sarmad

Senator (1k+ posts)
Raymond-Davis1.jpg

For me this case highlights the 64 years of Pakistani politics. We, the people, had our emotional moment when we declared the case of Raymond Davis as the push that Pakistan needed as a country to spark alive. It was discussed day & night on various channels. Some applauded the goverment & army for Davis's capture, others dreaded & counted down to the day when Davis would be released.

Yet here we stand. Raymond Davis is gone not only from Pakistan but also from the minds of Pakistani people. No longer is it the 'hot topic' to discuss on news channels. No one was held accountable, as is the case within Pakistan.

Some politicans ran away from the country in order to exempt blame while other stayed & faced the music. But why does this happen in Pakistan? Why do our leaders think that they can sell, sell & sell their country without any ramifications what so ever.

The answer is quite simple: Because the leaders are well aware that when the next elections come, the same faces will be elected by the people.

This remind me of an old saying-

"We get the leaders we deserve"

Last edited by a moderator:

faqira786

Senator (1k+ posts)
Why you wake me up, Let me deep sleeep.
We are begherat qooom.
We sell our mother for 10 dollar, dont you know the history of Paksitan where jageerdara and wadeera got the Land????
Dont wake me up again

abbasiali

Minister (2k+ posts)
A very innocent question, in the beginning of this case, I had predict this outcome later whatever happened, it had prove me word to word, No one have time to remember this case, including the family members, no one know, where are these people, may be they also have flown to US with Davis.

shamsheer

Senator (1k+ posts)
I kept invoking the members during the world cup semi final about the same but people did not lend an ear to my post. I knew what the outcome will be. Apparently, our soverienty is much less important than a cricket match. This is the reality. Untill we change our attitude we are bound to be doomed. We do not have the character of momins and we expect miracles to happen.

c4cheema

MPA (400+ posts)
I kept invoking the members during the world cup semi final about the same but people did not lend an ear to my post. I knew what the outcome will be. Apparently, our soverienty is much less important than a cricket match. This is the reality. Untill we change our attitude we are bound to be doomed. We do not have the character of momins and we expect miracles to happen.
brother we are not sleeping we are dead

And when people start behaving like this, ALLAH change them with others .....

makdaone

Councller (250+ posts)
jis kom main iman or jihad ka jazba katam hojata ha ion kay dil murda hojatey hain.

Slute to Sir Allama Iqbal
wo zamane mien moaziz they muslaman ho kar
aur hum khawar hoay tarik-e-quran ho kar

simple_and_peacefull

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
there are only three way to remember these kind of cases.

1. media
most of us beleive that our media slave of US so they were active till case was active. if US want pump us they will use our media as they want if its true.

2. Political parties
those parties who were said they will keep close view on case. they fail to do so.

3. direct access
if some on this site is near to hairs . can updates on the cases. or some had tried to approach them after departure of foxy.

if all these three options get fail then most of not reasonable for forgotten the case as most of us living oversea.

dukelondon

Senator (1k+ posts)
Raymond Davis aik bohat bara Shaytaan tha laiken hum nay socha kay hamaray mulk mein to already itnay Shayateen hain kay agar aik USA waapis bhi chala jaiy ga to kuch nahi hoga. Waisay is forum pay bhi kuch Shayateen hai jo Iblees ki fauj kay sipahi hain. Aagay aap loag khud samjhdaar hain :-)

zeshaan

Jiss qoom koo uskee asal rah say bhatkaa dia jata hay,yaa jiss qoom koo jadeediat kay rastay per daal dia jata hay,too uskaa yeh hee haal hota hay.

jabb takk tum loog wazeer e aazam kay liay Prime minister house aoor sadar kay liay presedent pallace banwaoogay yaa wazeer e azam kay ghar kee char dewaree bomb proof banwatay rahoo gay uss waqat tak aisa hee hota rahay gaa.

Adeel

Founder
This is the case most of the times in Pakistan.

You see everyone screaming and jumpin around...after a few days, everyone forgets and move on. I guess thats because we are facing one tragedy after another that we are forced to move on.

shamsheer

Senator (1k+ posts)
This is the case most of the times in Pakistan.

You see everyone screaming and jumpin around...after a few days, everyone forgets and move on. I guess thats because we are facing one tragedy after another that we are forced to move on.

This is becuase we worship our leaders and not Allah. Allah shows us his signs and we ignore them and move on, when our leaders raise their eye brow we are ready to give our life for them. I am using the word worship that is quite strong but not irrelevant or miscued. People who worship idols expect a lot from them but when their prayers are not answered they start to come up with excuses and call it a result of their own misdeed or something and then try harder to make them happy. They know deep down that these idols cannot move but they are obsessed by their belief that they can do miracles if they are happy. Their power is unquestioned.

The same is the situation of political leaders. Even when we see that our leaders are hypocrite and characterless, we come up with some very strong excuses even before the leader could utter a word in his defence. We have lost our belief in La Ila ha IllAllah and some times I really feel that Allah has cursed us as a nation. We forget the seers and people who sincerely worked for this nation. But we love our politicans, our cricketers, etc. When Dr Israr Ahmed died it was barely noticed and when Moin Akhtar died it was quite a show. May Allah bless the souls of both of them.

If we are so sincere to our selves why not we gather on the streets and ask Dr Abdul Qadeer Khan to be our leaders, or make Abdul Sattar Edhi as a condidate? We cannot do it becuase our masters sorry our gods have not ordered us to do that.

rakeem

Senator (1k+ posts)
I'm ashamed to have doubted Nawaz Sharif, he is a great leader. Many in Pakistan have forgotten about Raymond Davis, but Nawaz sahab still remembers him and is hiding in London. As lifafa journalist Najam Sethi pointed out, PML-N is out of touch and now out of ideas, they're going thru same strategy apart from Shahbaz Sharif who does lip service on drone attacks every 2 weeks, he has stopped talking about revolution against himself [elite], since Raymond DAvis walked free.

Last edited:

rakeem

Senator (1k+ posts)
This is becuase we worship our leaders and not Allah. Allah shows us his signs and we ignore them and move on, when our leaders raise their eye brow we are ready to give our life for them. I am using the word worship that is quite strong but not irrelevant or miscued. People who worship idols expect a lot from them but when their prayers are not answered they start to come up with excuses and call it a result of their own misdeed or something and then try harder to make them happy. They know deep down that these idols cannot move but they are obsessed by their belief that they can do miracles if they are happy. Their power is unquestioned.

The same is the situation of political leaders. Even when we see that our leaders are hypocrite and characterless, we come up with some very strong excuses even before the leader could utter a word in his defence. We have lost our belief in La Ila ha IllAllah and some times I really feel that Allah has cursed us as a nation. We forget the seers and people who sincerely worked for this nation. But we love our politicans, our cricketers, etc. When Dr Israr Ahmed died it was barely noticed and when Moin Akhtar died it was quite a show. May Allah bless the souls of both of them.

If we are so sincere to our selves why not we gather on the streets and ask Dr Abdul Qadeer Khan to be our leaders, or make Abdul Sattar Edhi as a condidate? We cannot do it becuase our masters sorry our gods have not ordered us to do that.

I pretty much agree with what you say, we don't deserve such leaders to govern us, whereas our heroes take blame and are made laughing stock infront of international community standing with them our bloody army and bureaucrats, laughing at these losers for making us losers smile and be proud of ourselves to have such great compatriots.

shamsheer

Senator (1k+ posts)
I'm ashamed to have doubted Nawaz Sharif, he is a great leader. Many in Pakistan have forgotten about Raymond Davis, but Nawaz sahab still remembers him and is hiding in London. As lifafa journalist Najam Sethi pointed out, PML-N is out of touch and now out of ideas, they're going thru same strategy apart from Shahbaz Sharif who does lip service on drone attacks every 2 weeks, he has stopped talking about revolution against himself [elite], since Raymond DAvis walked free.

Does he makes sense to any body? I am totally lost. Man you need some rest. No kidding.

drkjke

For me this case highlights the 64 years of Pakistani politics. We, the people, had our emotional moment when we declared the case of Raymond Davis as the push that Pakistan needed as a country to spark alive. It was discussed day & night on various channels. Some applauded the goverment & army for Davis's capture, others dreaded & counted down to the day when Davis would be released.

Yet here we stand. Raymond Davis is gone not only from Pakistan but also from the minds of Pakistani people. No longer is it the 'hot topic' to discuss on news channels. No one was held accountable, as is the case within Pakistan.

Some politicans ran away from the country in order to exempt blame while other stayed & faced the music. But why does this happen in Pakistan? Why do our leaders think that they can sell, sell & sell their country without any ramifications what so ever.

The answer is quite simple: Because the leaders are well aware that when the next elections come, the same faces will be elected by the people.

This remind me of an old saying-

"We get the leaders we deserve"

reymond davis plus horrible new taxes in new mini budget on first april have already been forgotten by people.for this the zionist owners of pakistan have many tools...like present day new hot discussion of divifding punjab in ten provinces and not dividing other provinces and other useless discussions
as people have given up islam in pakistan so there wisdom have gone to zero level ,so they get deceived again and again by same looters.if you do elections today i bet that same people will come in power

also nowdays agencies are trying to establish a secular anti islam parties alliance which will include ppp,mqm,anp and q league plus javiad hashmi like nawas league seraiki leaders....imran khan is also being invited to join this union and some rumours say he is being promised the top position...if imran khan accepts this and sits with musharafs dogs q league and ppp like nationalist parties than imran khan is no better tahn these corrupt politicians
i agree that shareefs are not good politicians but ppp,mqm, anp ,q league are trying to divide pakistan,so to save pakistan imran khan like people should not help these anti pakistan parties
imran khans praise of q league leaders like marvi maimon and n league turn coats like javaid hashmi is tragic ...the people he is praising or planning to make allaince with are much worse for pakistan than shreefs

Nawazish

Minister (2k+ posts)
I remember when Raymond was released, we had a thread with 400 comments and 30 thousand views. I guess we Pakistanis just forget quickly, that is we keep picking tried and tested failures as our leaders

rakeem

Senator (1k+ posts)
Does he makes sense to any body? I am totally lost. Man you need some rest. No kidding.

It won't make sense to senseless like you, and next time pur your post in MS word, so that computr can perform spell check for u, u are senseless and kinda jaahil, now this will make some sense.

Last edited:

gazoomartian

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
Why you wake me up, Let me deep sleeep.
We are begherat qooom.
We sell our mother for 10 dollar, dont you know the history of Paksitan where jageerdara and wadeera got the Land????
Dont wake me up again

the customer overpaid for your mother. For having a child like you, she is worth no more than $0.25

shamsheer

Senator (1k+ posts)
It won't make sense to senseless like you, and next time pur your post in MS word, so that computr can perform spell check for u, u are senseless and kinda jaahil, now this will make some sense.

Thank you body for showing me the day light.

By the way I "Pur" my post in MS word but my "computr" did not perform the spell check, rather the application did and could not figure out the word jaahil. I wish applications could find out logical mistakes but we are not there yet, but even with that my "computr" asked me "if Nawaz Shareef Saheeb is your leader why you consider his brother Shehbaz Shareef a lip service man". Thank you again for showing me who I am and who you are.