Fozia Wahab Ka Aik Our Inkashaaf.....[**Video Added**]

A.Ali.T

Minister (2k+ posts)
Mehwish_Ali, GreyWolf and all other brothers and sister,

Here is my take on slavery, for whatever it is worth.

There is no decree or injunction in Quran abolishing slavery. Rather it was gradually abolished or curtailed by Islam.

Why it was not abolished by some decree or injunction? The reason I can think of is that the slaves did not have skills or the financial resources to survive on their own in the society. If all of them were freed at once, there would have been unemployment, crimes, prostitution and all sort of chaos. To accomplish this in an organized manner, the muslims are encouraged to free the slaves.

(2:177) It is not righteousness that ye turn your faces to the East and the West; but righteous is he who believeth in Allah and the Last Day and the angels and the Scripture and the prophets; and giveth wealth, for love of Him, to kinsfolk and to orphans and the needy and the wayfarer and to those who ask, and to set slaves free; and observeth proper worship and payeth the poor-due. And those who keep their treaty when they make one, and the patient in tribulation and adversity and time of stress. Such are they who are sincere. Such are the God-fearing.

(90:10-13) And guide him to the parting of the mountain ways? (10) But he hath not attempted the Ascent - (11) Ah, what will convey unto thee what the Ascent is! - (12) (It is) to free a slave, (13)

Allah (SWT) in the Quran did not prohibit slavery and instead commanded and rewarded the freeing of the slaves.

So, we can safely say that slavery is not condoned in Quran, Whether it was abolished or not, or is it still permissible now, I don't know, I am not an scholar.

Last edited: