Dreams of colonels coup!

canadian

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Dreams of colonels coup!

By Farooq Hameed Khan | Published: June 29, 2011

In the aftermath of the Abbottabad and Mehran fiascos, the American and British media spearheaded a well coordinated vilification campaign against the Pak Army and ISI. A wave of articles and reports from Washington, New York and London churn out plenty of disinformation against them almost on a daily basis.

The Americans seem desperate to isolate and malign the Pak Army and ISI because these institutions stand as the biggest hurdles in the CIAs evil designs against Pakistans nuclear programme; resist uncontrolled Americas penetration in the nation; fight Indo-US nexus aimed to create anarchy and lawlessness on our soil, and finally because Army Chief General Kayani and DG ISI General Pasha refused to bow to US dictates and appear determined not to compromise the countrys supreme interests. So, USAs plan to destabilise the military and weaken Pakistan, in collusion with the international media and certain quarters of the Pakistani intelligentsia media and a few politicians, has manifested on multiple fronts.

By lowering the armys image as the countrys saviour that was at its peak after the 2010 floods, a sense of insecurity amongst the masses and the civil-military divide are being promoted. This is being done by propagating the themes, that the army and ISI are incapable of safeguarding the nuclear and strategic assets, the military gobbles a big chunk of the countrys budget leaving less for social sector development and military officers are enjoying undue perks and privileges, while the common Pakistanis suffer economic hardships.

In the same vein, the main purpose in driving a wedge between the senior and junior army leadership is to strike at the roots of its internal unity and cohesion. This is being done through the media hype that disgruntled middle ranking or junior army officers could lead to a colonels coup, that the Generals live a luxurious life, that the senior leadership is heavily pro-US and that failure of top military leadership has caused unprecedented loss to the armys prestige after Abbottabad.

Another mischievous theme relates to the possibility of lower ranking officers, and men with pro-Islamic leanings within the army /ISI, gaining access to the nuclear arsenal. In this context, Fareed Zakaria, the sworn Pakistan hater, in his recent article, The radicalisation of Pakistans military, in The Washington Post on June 22, 2011 grossly lies: But the evidence is now overwhelming that it (Pak Army) has been infiltrated at all levels by violent Islamists, including Taliban and Al-Qaeda sympathisers. General Kayani, too, has been directly targeted by highlighting his extension issue and spreading rumours that he is fighting for survival, and resisting pressures from his Corps Commanders to step down.

(http://nation.com.pk/pakistan-news-.../Columns/29-Jun-2011/Dreams-of--colonels-coup)

drkjke

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
senior level army people are mostly secular,so no chance of coupe from there,but lower level officers can be a bit uneasy .but that too seems unlikely,so it seems that kyani can be life long chief possibly.but what allah is planning.who knows?allah knows best.

thats why i never joined army though i was called "fauji" by people due to my body and ways ,because as a muslim my boss is only and only allah . if i had joined army and i was ordered to do something against islam,(like its happening daily right now) than i could never have done that .

prophet sallalah u alihe wasallum said that "there is no obeying of a person against allahs orders"laa itaatul makhlooq ilal maasiaa
and that settles it,that if your senior orders you to do something against islam,get fired,get killed,but never obey an order against allahs will if you are muslim

Last edited: