Did Iran backstab Pakistan to favor India?

awan4ever

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Indo-Iran relations are warming up again. These cooled off when India, in order to win American favors, did not stand by Iran and abstained from voting in the UN General Assembly on a Canada-sponsored resolution against its human right violations. This was seen as Indian retaliation for Iran’s Ayatollah Ali Khamenei equating Kashmir with Afghanistan and Gaza in Palestine. Tehran and New Delhi are due to start a new round of negotiations on the latter’s investment in major Iranian oil and gas projects. According to Fars News Agency has reported that an Indian delegation is scheduled to visit Iran next week to discuss investments in Iran’s giant South Pars Gas Field and supply of certain expensive oil equipment, like drilling platforms and towers, in meetings with Iranian officials.
Also, the Iranian and Indian officials are slated to talk about New Delhi’s return to the peace pipeline project currently under construction on both the Iranian Pakistani territories. India has stayed out of the Iran-Pakistan-India gas pipeline (also known as the Peace Pipeline) project because of its failure to strike a deal on transition fees with Pakistan. The 2700-kilometer long pipeline was to supply gas for Pakistan and India which are suffering a lack of energy sources, but India later evaded talks. Last year Iran and Pakistan declared they would finalize the agreement bilaterally if India continued to be absent in meetings. According to the project proposal, the pipeline will begin from Iran’s Assalouyeh Energy Zone in the south and stretch over 1,100 km through Iran. In Pakistan, it will pass through Baluchistan and Sindh but officials say the route may be changed if China agrees to the project.
It is expected to cost $7.4 billion. But the intangible costs are much more than that. Kashmir Watch has narrated how Iran backstabbed Pakistan when it abstained from voting asking for imposing sanctions on India for human rights violation in Kashmir thus saving India at the cost of Kashmiris. The story goes like this:
On a winter morning, with the Elbruz Mountains overlooking Tehran airport still under snow, braving cold winds, a special Indian military plane touched down. On board was an ailing Dinesh Singh, then External Affairs Minister, along with three others. Barely able to walk, Singh had been dragged out of a hospital bed to deliver an urgent letter from Prime Minister P. V. Narasimha Rao to Iranian President Ali Akbar Hashemi Rafsanjani. Incidentally, this was the last such tour in the 50-year diplomatic career of Singh.
Having mortgaged its gold reserves two years ago, India was on the economic brink and Russia still licking its wounds after the break-up of the Soviet Union. The Organization of Islamic Countries (OIC), supported by influential Western nations, was pushing a resolution at the UN Commission Human Rights (UNCHR), later rechristened as Human Rights Council, to condemn India for human right violations in Kashmir. The resolution, with UNCHR approval, was to be referred to the UN Security Council for initiating economic sanctions and other punitive measures against India. As in the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), in the OIC, too, decisions are by consensus. Once there is no consensus in the OIC, the resolution was bound to fall through.
The Iranians had no clue to the Indian Minister’s mission. Casting aside protocol, Iranian Foreign Minister Dr. Ali Akbar Velayati was at the airport when Singh alighted. Velayati asked what on earth could be of such momentous importance for Singh to risk a perilous journey in his precarious condition. In reply, Dinesh Singh smilingly handed over a demarche.
In the course of the day, he went through his “Kashmir brief” diligently in meetings with his Iranian interlocutors, namely, Velayati, President Rafsanjani and Iranian Majlis Speaker Nateq-Nouri. By evening, Singh returned to his hospital bed in Delhi, but with an assurance from President Rafsanjani to Prime Minister Rao “that Iran will do all it can do to ensure that no harm comes to India.”
What Iran gained by obliging India is an abiding mystery? Only after 72 anxious hours did Delhi learn that Iran had killed the OIC move to table the resolution. This marked a new chapter in India-Iran relations with wider consequences. Iran distanced itself from Pakistan in the matter of Afghanistan; and, India joined hands with Iran to promote the Northern Alliance, which was inimical to Pakistani interests. Pakistan was shocked by what it termed as “backstabbing”.
The Indian delegation to the UNCHR led by Leader of the Opposition Atal Behari Vajpayee comprised minister of state for external affairs Salman Khurshid and Farooq Abdullah. Basking in this diplomatic victory, Vajpayee and Abdullah were unaware that, three days ago, Dinesh Singh had laid the ground for it in Tehran; and Rao never tried to steal the credit from Vajpayee and Abdullah.
Much later, it came to be known that when the Pakistani ambassador sought to move the OIC resolution, his Iranian counterpart in Geneva, under orders from Teheran, backed out. He argued that as a close friend of both India and Pakistan, Iran was ready to sort out their problems and there was no need to raise these in an international forum. That was the last time Pakistan tried to get a resolution on the Kashmir issue tabled in a UN forum.

Now, the wheel has come full circle. Iranian officials say their gesture was not reciprocated, and accuse India of “backstabbing” by voting against Iran at the IAEA. The vote had already sealed the fate of the Iran-Pakistan-India gas pipeline. Tehran which had earlier committed to provide gas below 3 dollars per British Thermal Unit (BTU) now wants a commercial price of 9 dollars.
These officials link India’s growing proximity to US, aspirations for global economic and political power, early conclusion of civilian nuclear agreements with Western powers leading it to distance itself from Tehran. The pipeline was to begin gas supply in 2012. The 7.5-billion-dollar, 2,700-kilometre pipeline has been under discussion for almost two decades. The pipeline is to begin from Iran’s Assalouyeh energy zone in the south and run over 1,100 kms through Iran. In Pakistan it is to pass through Balochistan and Sindh before linking up Rajasthan and Gujarat.
Iran was angered when India abstained on the Canada-sponsored resolution, and subsequently summoned Iran’s Charge De Affairs Reza Alaei and issued a demarche for Khamenei impinging on the country’s territorial integrity. The Iranian leader’s appeal to the world’s Muslim elite to back the “struggle” in Jammu and Kashmir, equating it with the “nations” of Afghanistan, Iraq and Pakistan had New Delhi bristling. In its official reaction, the Ministry of External Affairs said: “Our decision on the vote was made after due deliberation.”
India disapproved of Khamenei’s message to Hajj pilgrims that “today the major duties of the elite of the Islamic Ummah are to provide help to the Palestinian nation and the besieged people of Gaza, to sympathize and provide assistance to the nations of Afghanistan, Pakistan, Iraq and Kashmir, to engage in struggle and resistance against the aggressions of the United States and the Zionist regime.”
Since July this year, on three occasions Iran has spoken of support to the “struggle” in Kashmir and bracketed the situation in the state with that in Gaza and Afghanistan, sources said. “We have conveyed to the Iranian authorities our deep disappointment and regret that they have chosen to disregard our sensitivities and question our territorial sovereignty”.
Though the government has often denied that deterioration of relations was due to its hobnobbing with the US and Israel, analysts believe the chill arises from a series of developments, including India opting out of the tri-nation gas pipeline and President Obama seeking India’s support against Iran’s nuclear armament. In 2008, Tehran had protested at India deploying for the first time ever a warship in the Persian Gulf region, which operated in coordination with the western navies under the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO).
More recently, on September 18, Iran’s Foreign Ministry spokesman Ramin Mehmanparast had slammed the killing of 15 Muslim protesters in Kashmir who were outraged by the threat to defile the Holy Qur’an in the US. He had said that countering such reactions could be interpreted as supporting acts of sacrilege. These comments evoked a strong diplomatic protest from New Delhi as it had not only banned the Iranian TV channel showing provocative and “unverified” visuals but also summoned Iranian envoy to lodge a protest. India pointed out that law and order in Jammu and Kashmir was an internal matter and Iran had no right to interfere or comment on these issues.

http://fmeducation.wordpress.com/2010/12/11/did-iran-backstab-pakistan-to-save-india/

drkjke

even if we forget past just observe present day iran.
last week 3 or 4 pakistanis were brutally murdered by irani border petrol,but taht news did not even make it to most newspapers in pakistan,as iran is i guess more holy to pakistani majority than mecca is.

when taliban government was established india and iran both funded anti pakistan northren alliance with billions of dollars money and weapons,this north alliance did many terrorist activities in pakistan thanks to them.
now again these countries are funding billions to north alliance which is enemy of pakistan.still the cowards of north alliance are loosing against brave taliban mujahideen

iran and india also helped americans topple taliban government in afghanistan,iran also helped americans in occupying iraq,irani and american millitias helped each other in curbing iraqi mujahideens resistance.
iran pays billions to iraqi and afghani american puppet governments so that islamist governments dont come back there.

india is also spending money on irans chah bahaar port that is to undermine pakistans gawadar port .which if established can make pakistan a regional power,both iran and india openly support balochi insurgents in balochistan so that gawadar port can never become functional.
India is helping iran make a road link from irani chah behaar port to afghanistan ,
so the chah bahaar port of iran which is being funded by indians is an alternative route for nato troops to bring food and ammunition to afghanistan to make their occupation of afghanistan permanent and ever lasting,this is yet another example of irani cooperation with india and usa.

despite all these facts the deceptive zionist media gives the impression that iran and america are enemies!haha

if iran was american or israel,s enemies, than remember that ahmed nijaad would not be able to visit new york every year!where he meets jewish leaders too
nor would pakistani puppet government send american puppet rehman malik to iran so often,if iran was any real enemy of united states or israel!
everyone but pakistanis know the fact that america,india ,iran and russia have common interests and they support each other,thats why north alliance which is a group of cowards is getting support from iran, india united states and russia combined.
one other funny thing is that russia is helping in irans nuclear programme,and russia is so much dependent and controlled by america and irseal that if they did not want than russia would never ever help iran in anything!

but these are such big times of deceptions that lies prevail and truth is suppressed!
no one believe me i know and my post will again be deleted like last time it was deleted in this forum.
in this forum you can write against pakistan,against saudia and against islam even!but one post against iran and its deleted!
why suppress any fair point of view,all i wrote above is truth,any fair minded person can check out the facts.
remember that dajal will also emerge from iran according to hadeeth,serach yourself

Last edited:

Star Gazer

I think india is starting these talks to be able to cause a delay in the process at one point or another. I am also sure that Iran is aware of this possibility but probably feels sure of being able to handle it. We can only do what we can do and that is look after our own interests at this point in time untill we can all unite to be one force.

Imranpak

Every nation does what is right for itself, we should learn from them instead of preaching the Islamic unity that only exists and looks good in books.

alihbkable

MPA (400+ posts)
Iran has never been n will never b our friend....
ye hmare he topi drame hain, subn muslim 1 platform n all that crap.......
the fact is k 57 Islamic countries ki saari earning 1 trf or akele britain ki 1 trf rakhi jaye to we will find that humari kum hai or akele england ki zada hai, so v dont have 2 add "0" into "0"............we should look for stronger allies, who can give us support as well as trade......Iran se ummeed baandhi to vo vohi krenge jo unko aata hai.....DHOKA

funkymonk

Minister (2k+ posts)
your posts are deleted because stupidity has limit .. and you obviously cross that limit ..
first describe yourself .. you are against or in favor of Taliban ?

Iran and Taliban never liked each other but that issue is 20 years old and only Al Qaeda was responsible for it because Al Qaeda never liked Shia
Al Qaeda was responsible for many terrorist attacks in Iran and as Taliban were supporting them Iran had a soft corner for Northern Alliance ..

Iran doesnt pay anything to Iran or Iraq Government .. Thats just a stupid and baseless allegation ..
Iran never supported TTP .. if it does, show me any proof beside wikileaks ...

At this moment, Iran is the only real threat to America and only nation which is manly enough to stand for its people ..
Go watch Mahmoud Ahmadinejad interview to Larry King .. he just thrashed the one of the most famous anchors ..
If Iran is not American or Israel's enemy then why after every month their nuclear scientists are being killed ?
Who is killing them ? Pakistan ?

ps: I am not shia .. I am sunni but not that kind of sunni where my senses and vision is overridden by hatred of shia to that limit that I dont see the truth

even if we forget past just observe present day iran.
last week 3 or 4 pakistanis were brutally murdered by irani border petrol,but taht news did not even make it to most newspapers in pakistan,as iran is i guess more holy to pakistani majority than mecca is.

when taliban government was established india and iran both funded anti pakistan northren alliance with billions of dollars money and weapons,this north alliance did many terrorist activities in pakistan thanks to them.
now again these countries are funding billions to north alliance which is enemy of pakistan.still the cowards of north alliance are loosing against brave taliban mujahideen

iran and india also helped americans topple taliban government in afghanistan,iran also helped americans in occupying iraq,irani and american millitias helped each other in curbing iraqi mujahideens resistance.
iran pays billions to iraqi and afghani american puppet governments so that islamist governments dont come back there.

india is also spending money on irans chah bahaar port that is to undermine pakistans gawadar port .which if established can make pakistan a regional power,both iran and india openly support balochi insurgents in balochistan so that gawadar port can never become functional.
India is helping iran make a road link from irani chah behaar port to afghanistan ,
so the chah bahaar port of iran which is being funded by indians is an alternative route for nato troops to bring food and ammunition to afghanistan to make their occupation of afghanistan permanent and ever lasting,this is yet another example of irani cooperation with india and usa.

despite all these facts the deceptive zionist media gives the impression that iran and america are enemies!haha

if iran was american or israel,s enemies, than remember that ahmed nijaad would not be able to visit new york every year!where he meets jewish leaders too
nor would pakistani puppet government send american puppet rehman malik to iran so often,if iran was any real enemy of united states or israel!
everyone but pakistanis know the fact that america,india ,iran and russia have common interests and they support each other,thats why north alliance which is a group of cowards is getting support from iran, india united states and russia combined.
one other funny thing is that russia is helping in irans nuclear programme,and russia is so much dependent and controlled by america and irseal that if they did not want than russia would never ever help iran in anything!

but these are such big times of deceptions that lies prevail and truth is suppressed!
no one believe me i know and my post will again be deleted like last time it was deleted in this forum.
in this forum you can write against pakistan,against saudia and against islam even!but one post against iran and its deleted!
why suppress any fair point of view,all i wrote above is truth,any fair minded person can check out the facts.
remember that dajal will also emerge from iran according to hadeeth,serach yourself

drkjke

your posts are deleted because stupidity has limit .. and you obviously cross that limit ..
first describe yourself .. you are against or in favor of Taliban ?

Iran and Taliban never liked each other but that issue is 20 years old and only Al Qaeda was responsible for it because Al Qaeda never liked Shia
Al Qaeda was responsible for many terrorist attacks in Iran and as Taliban were supporting them Iran had a soft corner for Northern Alliance ..

Iran doesnt pay anything to Iran or Iraq Government .. Thats just a stupid and baseless allegation ..
Iran never supported TTP .. if it does, show me any proof beside wikileaks ...

At this moment, Iran is the only real threat to America and only nation which is manly enough to stand for its people ..
Go watch Mahmoud Ahmadinejad interview to Larry King .. he just thrashed the one of the most famous anchors ..
If Iran is not American or Israel's enemy then why after every month their nuclear scientists are being killed ?
Who is killing them ? Pakistan ?

ps: I am not shia .. I am sunni but not that kind of sunni where my senses and vision is overridden by hatred of shia to that limit that I dont see the truth

yes stupidity has its limits and you personify this limit of stupidity!you are a liar too.if you are shia why hiding it?its nothing to be ashamed of.all sects are respectable we all preach but never act on it.why hide your sect?
let me assure you i did not write anything against shia! i wrote against govt of iran!i dont know why you people consider iran so holy that it is above fair criticism,you ppl here criticise islam,pakistan saudia even but no one cares but one sentence about iran and you people flare up like baloon on gas!

anyway talking to low iq people like you is of no benefit still to clear other members of this forum let me tell what iran is
you people are so foolish you never see behind the scenes truth
if ahmedi nijad was any threat to america or israel than his entry would be banned into united states,this is first real proof that morons like you cant see
can mullah umer or osama ever enter united states and address united nations there?now they are real enemies or threat to israel,
ahmedi nijad has jewish roots,ask any irani who is not agent of there present ruling elite and he will enlighten you who really is ahmedi nijad!have you ever talked to any irani?or u never had free time from seeing indian movies?

anyway these end of times are not for low iq people like you,so you people will deserve whats coming to you soon.inshalah
majority ulema of islam agree on this hadeeth that dajal will emerge from iran,so israel will never harm iran .
in iran sunnis cant even build a mosque in present set up.cant iran be as braod hearted as pakistanis are? where our president prime minsiter cabinet all belongs to shia sect
why not you tell your irani masters to allow sunni mjuslims to pray in iran,irani sunnis are 40 percent of irans population and they deserve as much religious freedom as shia have in pakistan!

see moharam tenth is coming ,whole pakistan will be closed by force for two days,many people will die as they would not be allowed to reach hospitals due to closed streets for tenth moharam,this much freedom pakistan gives to shia brothers of ours who are small minority in pakistan.

why cant iran which is our neighbour give sunnis any such rights,in irani balochistan sunnis are not even allowed to get job in any government post!just like in india muslims are treated .
if you dont believe me ask orya maqbool jan the famous columnist who remained in iran for years,he will enlighten you people of whats truth,e mail him or ask any neutral guy what human rights situation in iran is
what iran is doing is unislamic ,totally unislamic.
i again ask
if pakistanis can be so broad hearted than why cant iran be

anyway all people know iran america drama,if you dont know than you need brain transplant.its ten years since every day we hear that america is attacking iran but it never did attack,meanwhile america attacked iraq and afghanistan who did not even have any weapons,now america will attack pakistan and saudia and morons like you will keep waiting that america attacks iran
haha
even americans agree that iraq could never have been occupied unless irani millitias helped kill muslim mujahideen in iraq to clear the way for americans
can you negate this fact that is as roshan as sun itself!
now in iraq americans and irani militia rule side by side like brothers.
but you people will see that if you get free time from seeing bolywood movies!otherwise whats fed to you by kufars agents media and papers is your religion

if israel was ever the enemy of iran than these drone attacks happening daily on pakistan would instead be happening on iran
also u people dont know but iran is near bursting point from within due to human rights violations there,wait some months you will see inshalah yourself,i wrote above for their own benefit
they should give rights of worship to sunnis or things will get tense.no one likes his right of worship to be blocked,if hindus and jews have religious freedom in iran than sunnis too have the right to have religious freedom.

Last edited: