Change of Voting system

jimz84

Senator (1k+ posts)
Salam Dear Members
Today I am going to discuss new debate on how we can get rid of this old fashion pre-polled democracy. Please participate with your suggestions how can we bring fresh blood on top having free and fair election.
My opinion is that we should use electronic voting system which accepts ID cards only. Data should be matched with original ID card in NADRA office through satellite. It should be published on NADRA website live any vote cast can be seen on website. Media should be invited to NADRA office on election day and whole nation can observe free and fair elections.

Regards

Last edited:

dooost

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
Electronic voting system is the need of this time...

Nadra ID card system is well capable of supporting this E-Voting System. If we examine our CNIC cards, there is a bar-code strip that holds all our CNIC Data. furhter a thumb impression can be matched to see if the actual person voting with the card is the real card holder.

This E voting system can be implemented in less than 6 months, using KIOSK which can be purchased from china. we can also add powerful logic in the software to support the system.

Fardad

Voter (50+ posts)
Fully agree with the proposal. Infact I've in an earlier thread suggested the same. There is no reason why we should not have e-voting and run off polls (in case no candidate gets more than 50 percent polled votes in the first stage), in the next general elections. Simple and practical suggestions to improve upon the weaknesses of our election system must be picked up immediately by the Election commission (or the Supreme Court if need be). How can we ever improve without attempting to better our system and methods.