Brain Drain-Orya Maqbool Jan

C

commander

1100684741-2.gif

A

abbasiali

One of the most stupid article I have read for overseas Pakistani's,

Unfortunately, this guy have quote Prophet Mohammad (pbh). Which he shouldn't,

I have no idea, which overseas Pakistani is inquiring situation of Pakistan with this guy, We all are aware of exact current situation happening in Pakistan and are aware of exact reason of this situation, My dear friend, you should know, that someone's love one got fatal disease and treatment is causing so expensive, and no one could do in this regard, then there is no way, other than, which everyone avails, if their luck really click,

This guy have personally hurt my feelings and if I will get a chance to speak to him, and will ask him, what he would have had done in a situation, where he would face this kind of fatal situation, where I was caught up.

It reminds me the evening of April 1991, when my wife told me about her child,in her womb, whom Doctor declare multi abnormal, and there was no positive hope of survival, except they could do the efforts to survive that child, but the initial expense of that treatment was approximately RS100000.00, I do remember my feeling, I was completely helpless and knew, I couldn't afford this expense and will loose my second child, my only believe was on Almighty Allah, I did start my efforts to find any survival from this situation, My total net income at that time was RS4000.00 per month, one could imagine, It was a miraculous help from Almighty Allah, and one of my friend help me to get a job overseas, Though I manage to get hold on situation, but that child couldn't survive, my only self satisfaction was my overseas presence, and authority to support my family from there, later on my family keep facing issues and by the help of my overseas income, I was able to resolve them.

So how he could write, and degrade overseas Pakistanis, or how he can throw the rights of Pakistani descendent's, At current, its more difficult for common Pakistani citizen to survive, If our Government start working in the real way, the way it should be, every single Pakistani living abroad will jump back to his place, to their love ones. But this writer could not guarantee to improve the real issue, but will find it more easy to write against overseas Pakistanis.

My message to this fellow is, YOU SHOULD BE SORRY FOR THIS ARTICLE.

Regards

jazbaedil

Voter (50+ posts)
Orya Maqbool jan has been a very nice columnist for a long time, I have been his fan, but for sometime, he has declined a lot for some reasons that I am not aware of. He has written columns based on some directives from ISI or someone, I dont know, but the bottom line is, I hardly see the truth in the columns he writes now. See, forexample this column, all he did was that he blamed people who never did caused any harm to pakistan, infact overseas pakistanis has given alot more to pakistan then they have gotten from it. Also... what else pakistanis should do? they dont produce anything except humans, therefore they export them too. And, we have a whole ministry for overseas pakistanis, who arranges for people of pakistan to GO outside of the country. Had it been a bad thing, this ministry would not even have created. I guess, the problem with pakistan and its inhabitants is, we blame everything and everyone for our miseries as we dont really likes to look at our own folies. And if someone thinks that overseas pakistanis are enjoying the joys of heaven, they should just clear their minds all at once, living abroad is not easy, it is a huge challenge, esp with no support from back home, neither material or moral nor the support in terms of creating a positive image of pakistan, We overseas pakistanis are the ones who suffer alot when pakistanis who resides within pakistan do so many bad things, without considering that what effects we would be facing due to their ill actions. just take the example of Gojra where 6 christians are burned alive, do you think who will face the reaction now? it will be the overseas pakistanis, because some godforsaken illiterate filthy people did some harm to some christians we have to face it. Mr Orya, if you cannot correct yourself from within, dont try to assume that overseas pakistanis should be the cause of your foul motherland. and above all, we have not left the "MAAN" all alone... we left her with you, in order to get some help for her treatment, and look at what you did , you swallowed all the money we sent for the treatment of MAAN. the money we earned working for 15 hours continuously for years standing as a security guard, or a texi driver or a man who work in macdonalds etc.

A

abbasiali

jazbaedil said:
Orya Maqbool jan has been a very nice columnist for a long time, I have been his fan, but for sometime, he has declined a lot for some reasons that I am not aware of. He has written columns based on some directives from ISI or someone, I dont know, but the bottom line is, I hardly see the truth in the columns he writes now. See, forexample this column, all he did was that he blamed people who never did caused any harm to pakistan, infact overseas pakistanis has given alot more to pakistan then they have gotten from it. Also... what else pakistanis should do? they dont produce anything except humans, therefore they export them too. And, we have a whole ministry for overseas pakistanis, who arranges for people of pakistan to GO outside of the country. Had it been a bad thing, this ministry would not even have created. I guess, the problem with pakistan and its inhabitants is, we blame everything and everyone for our miseries as we dont really likes to look at our own folies. And if someone thinks that overseas pakistanis are enjoying the joys of heaven, they should just clear their minds all at once, living abroad is not easy, it is a huge challenge, esp with no support from back home, neither material or moral nor the support in terms of creating a positive image of pakistan, We overseas pakistanis are the ones who suffer alot when pakistanis who resides within pakistan do so many bad things, without considering that what effects we would be facing due to their ill actions. just take the example of Gojra where 6 christians are burned alive, do you think who will face the reaction now? it will be the overseas pakistanis, because some godforsaken illiterate filthy people did some harm to some christians we have to face it. Mr Orya, if you cannot correct yourself from within, dont try to assume that overseas pakistanis should be the cause of your foul motherland. and above all, we have not left the "MAAN" all alone... we left her with you, in order to get some help for her treatment, and look at what you did , you swallowed all the money we sent for the treatment of MAAN. the money we earned working for 15 hours continuously for years standing as a security guard, or a texi driver or a man who work in macdonalds etc.
A big slap for ORAYA from overseas Pakistani's if he understand.

Regards

saint

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
I second your opinion .. as usual emotional ranting but no substance ... I would recommend this writer to start thinking in term of solutions rather than emotional blabbering. Our one and only issue is poor governance .. rather than solving people problems government itself has become problem for people ... current system is not capable to keep the "thieves" away from parliament ... people are not wise enough to choose the right leaders .. dishonest elites have mastered the skill to deceive the common man .. guide them through your writings .. help them to understand the values we used to have and choose the leaders based on those values rather than getting bogged down with the fancy words like democracy .. constitutuion etc. etc.

A

abbasiali

saint said:
I second your opinion .. as usual emotional ranting but no substance ... I would recommend this writer to start thinking in term of solutions rather than emotional blabbering. Our one and only issue is poor governance .. rather than solving people problems government itself has become problem for people ... current system is not capable to keep the "thieves" away from parliament ... people are not wise enough to choose the right leaders .. dishonest elites have mastered the skill to deceive the common man .. guide them through your writings .. help them to understand the values we used to have and choose the leaders based on those values rather than getting bogged down with the fancy words like democracy .. constitutuion etc. etc.
True, you are talking a common Pakistani's language, good.

Regards

A

abbasiali

WOW

Again this gentle man has attack on overseas Pakistanis, It will be nice, if he come in Toronto, we will give him a warm reception, and will let him know, what premium class is living in, with their legal rights, and of course with legal immigration, at least I will not be scared of showing him my documents from A - Z. It does not mean, he is something very honorable, but he should know the wrong propaganda he is running against our community, it happen with Pakistanis, whose criteria he had mentioned, but they were entitle for the legal stay, as per the concerned country's constitution, It seems he have some thing very personal with overseas Pakistani.

Pakistani living circumstances are very much available for everyone, how worst and badly people are surviving there, its better for him to work hard honestly for those who are looking for help. Overseas Pakistanis are also available to help out their country and when ever in past they were called for any reason, they immediately came forward, and played their role, and for this, they don't required, this kind of lower class journalism projection.

He has shown his sympathy with those whom he think, their generations are living with non muslims and are far away from religion. My dear friend, what is happening over there, with those generations, who are living among muslims, what kind of muslim moral they are getting, Overseas Pakistani, their majority is taking a very good care of their children, and their children are better muslims, then those who are bringing forward their children in Pakistan. (My apology is in advance if my words causing any inconvenience, but this gentleman has really drive me crazy)

This kind of journalist should consult with bulk of overseas Pakistani, and should first learn the majority's living style and standard.

He should be sorry for the last quote he mention from Iftekhar Arif's poetry. and should refrain to refer the Hadith, because for sure, he doesn't know the meaning of these AYYAT and HADITH.

Regards.

PakPatriot1

Senator (1k+ posts)
Bhai Abbasi
Doodh ka doodh, paani ka paani dekhna hai tou sirf USA govt. ko ailan kerne do keh Pakistan ke tamam sahafiyon ko 24 ghantey mein american immigration di jaey gi, aap log applications jama karaen. Orya Maqbool Jaan line mein sub se aagey honge.
SIRF BHASHAN BAAZI, NOTHING ELSE.
That's all I want to say.

A

abbasiali

PakPatriot1 said:
Bhai Abbasi
Doodh ka doodh, paani ka paani dekhna hai tou sirf USA govt. ko ailan kerne do keh Pakistan ke tamam sahafiyon ko 24 ghantey mein american immigration di jaey gi, aap log applications jama karaen. Orya Maqbool Jaan line mein sub se aagey honge.
Dear Paki, Thanks for your moral support, you have been very nice and thorough gentle man,

This person, I wish, I can address him directly, and let him know the pain, which we face here in overseas, When I talk to you, it make me feel, I am moving around the Karachi.

Regards

PakPatriot1

Senator (1k+ posts)
abbasiali said:
PakPatriot1 said:
Bhai Abbasi
Dear Paki, Thanks for your moral support, you have been very nice and thorough gentle man,

This person, I wish, I can address him directly, and let him know the pain, which we face here in overseas, When I talk to you, it make me feel, I am moving around the Karachi.

Regards
@Abbasi Bhai:
Thanks for the compliments(I think you are pointing or taunting on the word "BHASHAN BAAZI"-a typical Karachi slang, yes or no? :) ).
Just drive to Mississauga, around Square one area, you will see there a real Karachi.

For the last 20 years me and my wife are struggling to find some way to get our bread and butter in our own home land, but still no luck. This Mr. Orya doesn't know that if we could get a chance we would never leave the country. I have very painful story but not unique, there are very similar ones in every house in Pakistan.

BTW brother, in another post I am waiting for your valuable inputs about the definitions of basic human rights. Please reply there.

A

abbasiali

PakPatriot1 said:
abbasiali said:
PakPatriot1 said:
Bhai Abbasi

Regards
@Abbasi Bhai:
Thanks for the compliments(I think you are pointing or taunting on the word "BHASHAN BAAZI"-a typical Karachi slang, yes or no? :) ).
Just drive to Mississauga, around Square one area, you will see there a real Karachi.

For the last 20 years me and my wife are struggling to find some way to get our bread and butter in our own home land, but still no luck. This Mr. Orya doesn't know that if we could get a chance we would never leave the country. I have very painful story but not unique, there are very similar ones in every house in Pakistan.

BTW brother, in another post I am waiting for your valuable inputs about the definitions of basic human rights. Please reply there.
Dear Paki,
You are always welcome, would you mind, if I can have some knowledge about your professional career, you can send me details on PM or YM.

You gave a very right picture of Karachi, I notice that area, as I hardly been to that area, only once if I am not mistaking,

My search for that particular subject is definitely due, finding law is a bit tricky for me, as I am not from that field, but worst come worst, if I will not find the required one, then I will write from Canadian law, could be helpful for basic things.

Regards

PakPatriot1

Senator (1k+ posts)
abbasiali said:
Dear Paki,
You are always welcome, would you mind, if I can have some knowledge about your professional career, you can send me details on PM or YM.

You gave a very right picture of Karachi, I notice that area, as I hardly been to that area, only once if I am not mistaking,

My search for that particular subject is definitely due, finding law is a bit tricky for me, as I am not from that field, but worst come worst, if I will not find the required one, then I will write from Canadian law, could be helpful for basic things.

Regards

@Abbasi Bhai:
AOA:
Thanks for your support and wise thoughts about our beloved nation and motherland. I always look forward to listen to the people with different ideas. Our differences in political views can not make us each other's enemy for sure. After all we are the sons and daughters of the same MAA that is our Pakistan.

My professional career is not very much shiny as may be you are thinking, otherwise I would be another Shaukat Aziz in Pakistan (just kidding :lol: :lol: ).
See your PM about my CV

A

abbasiali

PakPatriot1 said:
abbasiali said:

@Abbasi Bhai:
AOA:
Thanks for your support and wise thoughts about our beloved nation and motherland. I always look forward to listen to the people with different ideas. Our differences in political views can not make us each other's enemy for sure. After all we are the sons and daughters of the same MAA that is our Pakistan.

My professional career is not very much shiny as may be you are thinking, otherwise I would be another Shaukat Aziz in Pakistan (just kidding :lol: :lol: ).
See your PM about my CV
LOL

Bret Hawk

Senator (1k+ posts)
There are only few journalists in Pakistan to whom I have deep respect for and honourable Mr Orya Maqbool Jan is one of them. No doubt what he has mentioned in this column is thoroughly painful and excruciating feeling for those who have the pain and concern for a nation and its homeland. For persons like me (Currently based abroad) who have deserted this land years ago have always this myopic, selfish and apathetic behaviour when it comes to the serious issues of a state. How long I would remain here in this alien territory depends on my education to be completed in few years time and of course in the long run I would definitely prefer to come to my homeland Pakistan and try to serve it to the best of my abilities and efforts.

As of those posters who are criticising Mr Orya for writing his sentiments about the Pakistani settlers abroad should be ashamed of their conduct and they have to respect his views which are not unrealistic and unfathomable to their imaginations. Great nations in the past and present were and being developed by their dedicated and loyal manpower. Who could have imagined the skilled doctors, engineers, academics and artisans to abandon Germany, Japan, Italy etc after the horrendous destruction of their motherlands in the WWII in the last century and now we can see these great nations are standing on their strong economic and social footings and this blessing is only happens to them due to their powerful and respected leadership and skilful human resource.

I can quote many references here in this vein that how other great nations gained their status in the world with good reputation and respect due to their loyal daughters and sons but suffice is to mention here that we as a nation overall struck with the bouts of hypocrisy, indifference, ineptitude and fickle-mindedness. Who always depends on some Messiah type of figures to salvage us all from the torments of our age and all we need to do is to reap the benefits and bounties of that good time which might occur due to the hardships of those men of iron or in Dr Iqbals vernacular Mard-E Maumins. How pitiful and selfish our thinking can be and only on this issue I always feel ashamed to associate myself with this nation.

But there are always going to be some (But rare) men of fortunes, Mard E Mujahids and Maumins who can rescue the and divert the currents of hostilities and disappointment with their valour and determination and only due to their blessings nations get recognition in the annals of history and all of those who just can see only negativities in their surroundings either have to follow them or to leave that territories which truly and rightly belongs to those men of fortunes. Thats why the famous philosophers and historians and social scientists have termed this common and inept populace as sheeps and taunted them to have the inflictions of Sheep Mentality those who can always be directed and leaded by those who have earned their status through the barriers of pain, tragedies and inflictions. Its up to us to decide whether we want to join the legions of leading vanguard Lions or to join the ranks of sheeps, who destinies are nothing but to protected by their potent leading guards or to face the sticks of their heinous evil masters in the garbs of pack of wolves, who one day can eventually devour them fully for their own needs. The choice is surely for us to decide and pick no one can help us to change our wills and determinations at the end of the day.

Bret Hawk

PakPatriot1

Senator (1k+ posts)
Bret Hawk said:
There are only few journalists in Pakistan to whom I have deep respect for and honourable Mr Orya Maqbool Jan is one of them. No doubt what he has mentioned in this column is thoroughly painful and excruciating feeling for those who have the pain and concern for a nation and its homeland. For persons like me (Currently based abroad) who have deserted this land years ago have always this myopic, selfish and apathetic behaviour when it comes to the serious issues of a state. How long I would remain here in this alien territory depends on my education to be completed in few years time and of course in the long run I would definitely prefer to come to my homeland Pakistan and try to serve it to the best of my abilities and efforts.

As of those posters who are criticising Mr Orya for writing his sentiments about the Pakistani settlers abroad should be ashamed of their conduct and they have to respect his views which are not unrealistic and unfathomable to their imaginations. etc.etc.

@Dear Bret:
Your are a young Pakistani fellow, very much keen to go back to your homeland after completing your education abroad. You want to serve Pakistan with your best ablities. That's great.
Well, it reminds me my very own story. In the past, I was exactly in your own situation. I was stuying in Australia, completed my computer science degree and was offered a nice lucrative job right away with the immigration in bonus. BUT, as per your exact thoughts I refused the offer and came back to Pakistan. Tried my luck very hard, but my status of the son of UNTOUCHABLES became my hurdle and I was refused from every door. My all ambitions and "vichars" ruined so miserably that I had to come to Canada. I got the job here on my own profession but still my mind and soul living in Pakistan.
This is not a unique story, I know thousands of Pakistanis having similar stories like me.

Allah karey tumharey saath aisa na ho, or 20 saal baad tum bhi wohi kuch NA likh rahe ho, jo aaj mein likh raha hoon. Allah kare. :) :)

GOD BLESS YOU.