BIGGEST NEWS OF THE DAY -- Iran 'ready to connect Gwadar to Chabahar port'

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)
"Iran, India and Afghanistan signed a trilateral transit agreement in Tehran in May 2016, which allows the three countries to open new routes of connection by converting Chabahar port into a transit hub. "

Yeah let the Iranis trade with their partners i.e enemies, we want no part of it.

Zaidi Qasim

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
Yeah but we can trust Iran when its a staging ground for RAW to launch attacks against Pakistan. Kubulshan Yadav anyone?
Iran in his history never attack any nation . The American , KSA and Israeli Alliance is all known for its conspiracy in Muslim world. KSA also facilitated American troops to attack Iraq helping American and paying them back . House of saud is the biggest traitors of Muslim World. Your Bongi Khan himself admitted that Pakistani elements are involved attacking Iranian territories.

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)
Iran in his history never attack any nation . The American , KSA and Israeli Alliance is all known for its conspiracy in Muslim world. KSA also facilitated American troops to attack Iraq helping American and paying them back . House of saud is the biggest traitors of Muslim World. Your Bongi Khan himself admitted that Pakistani elements are involved attacking Iranian territories.
Iran thinks its too smart, thats why it has setup proxies all over the region like Hezbollah. and supporting Shias in all manner including weapons and terror against Sunnis in Yemen, Iraq, Pakistan and all GCC countries.

We in Pakistan itself have paid a heavy price for this proxy war between Iran and Saudia on Pakistani soil.

brissie-aussie

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
Kionke india nay oil import jo stop ker de hye iran say. Na he india hamara dost hye r na he iran. Matlab para hye to pak ki yaad a gae.

insouciant

Minister (2k+ posts)
I think you are not aware of the history/background on this. We (Pakistan + China) initially proposed to Iran to connect Chabahar with Gawader back in 2017. But Iran didn't give an affirmative answer and asked that it'll review the request. Even during PM Khan's recent visit, it was brought up again by Pakistan. Iran or Afghanistan, We need at least one to secure routes to Europe and make CPEC at the heart of every Chinese transit route to the west and central Asia.

Iran Sanctions are only on oil. Iran is even today exporting gas to Turkey and central Asian states. To be honest, Iran has been very patient with Pakistan even after we didn't honor the gas-pipeline agreement with it. And it still didn't push us for fines for good 3 years! Our former leaders screwed us by dropping the agreement with Iran in between and going for more expensive Qatari LNG instead to meet our gas needs!

You are right Iran is cornered right now! And like every responsible nation we should make most of it to get the best business deals for us!

This is big, still however, I would like to see Ministries of Foreign Affairs, Finance, and Commerce sitting down with the Armed Forces to formulate a well thought out strategy before jumping to grab this offer. At this point in time Iran is virtually becoming isolated from the rest of the world and they have started feeling the heat of it. In this backdrop we can get as much as we could to get a BEST deal for Pakistan.
If you remember, we had to put this gas pipeline on hold in view of the sanctions on them and they without taking into consideration their relationship with Pakistan started threatening us that they are going to bring Pakistan to ICJ for multi billion dollars damages. Therefore, I'll be very cautious in getting into 'A' biz relationship with Iran that has a serious and very big strategic importance. They are just interested in their own interests, no value or respect for other country's interest.

On the other hand, hypothetically, if it was Saudi Arabia offering such collaboration I will not waste a minute grabbing that offer.

My thinking, you can disagree with it.

P/S: For Iran lovers please don't try to bring religious mantra into this purely economic and political issue. Thank you.

Zaidi Qasim

Iran thinks its too smart, thats why it has setup proxies all over the region like Hezbollah. and supporting Shias in all manner including weapons and terror against Sunnis in Yemen, Iraq, Pakistan and all GCC countries.

We in Pakistan itself have paid a heavy price for this proxy war between Iran and Saudia on Pakistani soil.
Who is Hezbollah fighting against ? Why Israel is so much afraid of Hezbollah ? And remember the Lebanon before the Hezbollah ? It was an open field for the Bastard Jews and they use to walk in to Lebanon and kill Palestinians . Remember Sabra and Shatila Camps ? What has KSA has done for the Palestinians ? beside Sucking American balls forever like Pakistan .

insouciant

Minister (2k+ posts)
Even the relationship between two real biraders don't last long unless it's transactional on equal footings! There are no free "gifts" in international relations. Only those strategic relationships last which have strategic partnerships on equal footing. Where you have each others neck in your hand. So you know that each can't afford to default on the other!

Well if they were such "biradars" we have a border toghter, we should already have those land routes, no need to bring in their flop shitty modi port into the mix.

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)
Who is Hezbollah fighting against ? Why Israel is so much afraid of Hezbollah ? And remember the Lebanon before the Hezbollah ? It was an open field for the Bastard Jews and they use to walk in to Lebanon and kill Palestinians . Remember Sabra and Shatila Camps ? What has KSA has done for the Palestinians ? beside Sucking American balls forever like Pakistan .
Doesn't change anything else. Iran has and is still meddling in everyone's affairs to spread its version version of Shiaism, plus once again lets not forget it lets its buddy India use its soil for attacks on Pakistan. That one thing alone should be enough for us to cut all ties with Iran.

P.S : I don't give a crap about the palestinians, dunno if you ever had the misfortune of dealing with them. My personal view is whatever is happening to them is Azab-e-Illahi on that qoum through Jewish hands.

Zaidi Qasim

Doesn't change anything else. Iran has and is still meddling in everyone's affairs to spread its version version of Shiaism, plus once again lets not forget it lets its buddy India use its soil for attacks on Pakistan. That one thing alone should be enough for us to cut all ties with Iran.

P.S : I don't give a crap about the palestinians, dunno if you ever had the misfortune of dealing with them. My personal view is whatever is happening to them is Azab-e-Illahi on that qoum through Jewish hands.

Oyee, Get off of this Mantra of Palestinian Suffering because of Azab-e-Ellahi ..... Your emphasis remains strictly on sectarian bias. If any nation deserved to be under the Azab , that is Pakistani nation but I still won't say or think that way.I have lots of Palestinian friends and like any other nationality, there are good and bad in it.

Last edited:

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)
Even the relationship between two real biraders don't last long unless it's transactional on equal footings! There are no free "gifts" in international relations. Only those strategic relationships last which have strategic partnerships on equal footing. Where you have each others neck in your hand. So you know that each can't afford to default on the other!
Sorry Iran has nothing to offer us. They can take their trade route to central Asia and stuff it up their smelly behinds.

We can send exports to Turkey through other ways if we have to, just for that tiny sliver of business its not worth it. We have nothing to offer centeral asia countries anyways. They are at heart still Russian. And majority of their imports and exports are to Russia.

Last edited:

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)
Get off of this Mantra of Palestinian Suffering because of Azab-e-Ellahi ..... Your emphasis remains strictly on sectarian bias
You are saying the because you haven't dealt with them. I have and have been for decades. If their necks were not under Israeli feet, they would be bigger haramis then the Israelis. You should see how they treat people in GCC countries where they are free. Even the other Arabs don't like them. And they are universally despised by all nationalities alike.

P.S : Nothing sectarian about it, since majority of Palestinians are sunni.

P.P.S : Still doesn't change anything about Iran

insouciant

Minister (2k+ posts)
I think you are failing to understand why Chabahar was started by India in the first place. India wanted to develop its own version of the access route to the west to assist its export industry. But it wanted to by-pass Pakistan so it won't be at mercy of us for their trade. Otherwise, just as we have now banned the airspace for them, we will be always in the position to ban the ground routes for them too. We are happy to let India be part of TAPI or IPI gas-pipelines. Because as long as the pipe routes are going through us, they'll be always dependent on Pakistan to secure energy needs. But India thinks that it'll be at mercy of Pakistan again and hence for the same reasons it's not showing much interest to pursue those projects.

Once you join Chabahar/Gawader, India's dream of making Chabahar to by-pass Pakistan for its trade with the west would be over and it would get dependent on Pakistan again! It's not only key for securing trade routes, which by the way would be 70-80% of total CPEC driven load (not peanuts)? ?, but it would be also pivotal from defense perspective. India will think a thousand times before indulging in any misadventure with Pakistan!

"Iran, India and Afghanistan signed a trilateral transit agreement in Tehran in May 2016, which allows the three countries to open new routes of connection by converting Chabahar port into a transit hub. "

Yeah let the Iranis trade with their partners i.e enemies, we want no part of it.

Lord Botta

Minister (2k+ posts)
نیازی کے مرغے نے ایک اور بانگ دے دی
نہ تو گوادر پورٹ آپریشنل ہے اور نہ ہی چاہ بہار آپریشنل ہے اور نہ ہی ان دونوں غیر فعال پورٹس کو کنیکٹ کرنے کا کوئی فائدہ ہے اور نہ ہی ایران پر لگی پابندیوں کے تناظر میں چابہار پورٹ کے مستقبل قریب میں فعال ہونے کے کوئی امکان ہیں ، ایران اس وقت وقت سخت ترین دباؤ کا شکار ہے اور وہ پوری دنیا میں میں اپنے لیے سفارتی پارٹنر ڈھونڈ رہا ہے ، اسی مقصد سے ایرانی وزیر خارجہ نے پاکستان کا دورہ کیا اور یہ کنکٹیویٹی کا لالی پاپ دیا ، پاکستان کے سفارتی احمقوں نے بلکہ عمرانی احمقوں نے اس موقع پر اس خیالی کنکٹیویٹی کا بیان دے کر آ امریکہ مجھے مار والا کام کیا ہے

Zaidi Qasim

You are saying the because you haven't dealt with them. I have and have been for decades. If their necks were not under Israeli feet, they would be bigger haramis then the Israelis. You should see how they treat people in GCC countries where they are free. Even the other Arabs don't like them. And they are universally despised by all nationalities alike.

P.S : Nothing sectarian about it, since majority of Palestinians are sunni.

P.P.S : Still doesn't change anything about Iran

I have dealt with them and I didn't find them as bad as any other nationality. Arab despised Pakistanis more than they despised any other nation on this earth. Ask Pakistanis who work in Arab Countries.

Your opinion about Iran is just your opinion . It doesn't make a difference for them what you think. They have survived thousand years, they know how to survive with dignity and they will remain steadfast won't bend in front of foreigners like Pakistanis do.

insouciant

Minister (2k+ posts)
Jab 4 parhay likhay log jinhon ne duniya daikhi ho aur jo foreign policy pe command rakhte hon guftagoo kar rahe hon tou bech mein apni an parh jahil badboo daar gand nai paesh kiya krte mrwane k liye! Aglo ka bhi dil bhar jaata hai chootiyon ki maar maar k!

Chal phut yahan se gandi naali k keeraye! Heera Mandi ki paidawaar!

نیازی کے مرغے نے ایک اور بانگ دے دی
نہ تو گوادر پورٹ آپریشنل ہے اور نہ ہی چاہ بہار آپریشنل ہے اور نہ ہی ان دونوں غیر فعال پورٹس کو کنیکٹ کرنے کا کوئی فائدہ ہے اور نہ ہی ایران پر لگی پابندیوں کے تناظر میں چابہار پورٹ کے مستقبل قریب میں فعال ہونے کے کوئی امکان ہیں ، ایران اس وقت وقت سخت ترین دباؤ کا شکار ہے اور وہ پوری دنیا میں میں اپنے لیے سفارتی پارٹنر ڈھونڈ رہا ہے ، اسی مقصد سے ایرانی وزیر خارجہ نے پاکستان کا دورہ کیا اور یہ کنکٹیویٹی کا لالی پاپ دیا ، پاکستان کے سفارتی احمقوں نے بلکہ عمرانی احمقوں نے اس موقع پر اس خیالی کنکٹیویٹی کا بیان دے کر آ امریکہ مجھے مار والا کام کیا ہے

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)
I think you are failing to understand why Chabahar was started by India in the first place. India wanted to develop its own version of the access route to the west to assist its export industry. But it wanted to by-pass Pakistan so it won't be at mercy of us for their trade. Otherwise, just as we have now banned the airspace for them, we will be always in the position to ban the ground routes for them too. We are happy to let India be part of TAPI or IPI gas-pipelines. Because as long as the pipe routes are going through us, they'll be always dependent on Pakistan to secure energy needs. But India thinks that it'll be at mercy of Pakistan again and hence for the same reasons it's not showing much interest to pursue those projects.

Once you join Chabahar/Gawader, India's dream of making Chabahar to by-pass Pakistan for its trade with the west would be over and it would get dependent on Pakistan again! It's not only key for securing trade routes, which by the way would be 70-80% of total CPEC driven load (not peanuts)? ?, but it would be also pivotal from defense perspective. India will think a thousand times before indulging in any misadventure with Pakistan!
So just to spite India we should cut off our own nose. And also we cannot gaurantee safety for anything outside of our border. India can easily attack CPEC shipments in Iran and blame us for it, to discredit us on the international stage. And you can bet if we ever let Iran in on CPEC or Gawadar that is going to happen.

And how can we ban ground routes for India? It will ship to Iran and then anywhere from there it likes? You think Iran will listen to Pakistan over its bud buddy India?

insouciant

Minister (2k+ posts)
Arabs are too full of themselves and so are Persians! Too much boastful and filled with entitlement and pride! They don't even get well along with each other and hence Israel has been dividing them and winning wars with them! It's natural for them to be derogatory towards non-English speaking & non-arabs/Persians. This is the world we live in. And this is how things are! So I won't rate any Arab national or a Persian better than the other! And i don't think it should matter either. We should just watch for our interests and play accordingly!

I have dealt with them and I didn't find them as bad as any other nationality. Arab despised Pakistanis more than they despised any other nation on this earth. Ask Pakistanis who work in Arab Countries.

Your opinion about Iran is just your opinion . It doesn't make a difference for them what you think. They have survived thousand years, they know how to survive with dignity and they will remain steadfast won't bend in front of foreigners like Pakistanis do.

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)

Uncle G I am in the Middle East since the late 70s so don't tell me how it is. Us Pakistanis only get "despised" because some even after living for donkey years in those countries still can't speak a word of Arabic or just some yes or no type of Arabic and that creates undue tension and misunderstandings.

The most despised among the Arabs are the Palestinians and Egyptians and from Asians its south indiansor otherwise known as malabaris.

insouciant

Minister (2k+ posts)
Dude, you need serious education on trade ports and interoperability! I feel I'm talking to a 5th grader! ?? Don't go into technicalities. Just trust that Pakistan and China would have worked out all the details to the best of their interest before asking Iran to join Gawader earlier!

So just to spite India we should cut off our own nose. And also we cannot gaurantee safety for anything outside of our border. India can easily attack CPEC shipments in Iran and blame us for it, to discredit us on the international stage. And you can bet if we ever let Iran in on CPEC or Gawadar that is going to happen.

And how can we ban ground routes for India? It will ship to Iran and then anywhere from there it likes? You think Iran will listen to Pakistan over its bud buddy India?