فحاشی پھیلانے کا انجام دیکھیے اور شیئر کی

sensible

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
اگر چہ یہ ایک ڈرامے کا منظر ہی ہے لیکن یقینن ایسا ہی ہو گا اس سے بھی بدتر.استغفراللہ.

uzairm

Senator (1k+ posts)
I believe in life after death because i believe in GOD and i believe in GOD because I choose to.

Why do people believe in life after death?

Specifically, why do people believe they will continue to be a conscious being that remembers their life after they die?

One reason is psychological denial of the fact that there is no life after death. Believing in life after death is a coping mechanism to deal with the fear of death.

Another reason is that societies have strongly promoted the belief in life after death to promote more ethical behavior. If people believe that being good will get them into heaven, they are more likely to be good. Without the belief in life after death, it is much harder to "sell" the idea of ethical behaviour to the average person. This is not to suggest that societies ought to promote the belief in life after death. The belief can also be used to promote evil behaviour if people believe that evil behaviour will get them into heaven.

People believe in life after death, because

• They cannot accept death ends everything
  • The belief that something of us will be "alive" even after death, gives mental satisfaction
  • The world is full of injustice. Good people suffer the most. Believing that everyone will be tried for their deeds in this world gives people hope

http://www.quora.com/Why-do-people-believe-in-life-after-death
How to get over fear of what happens after death?

So here's the details. I'm a college student. Back in about March I was in a Psyche class that then dealt with death, and the fear of it. Now, I'd thought of death in the past, like when I was younger, but I had never actually considered the idea of nonexistence, if that;s the case. As in, death doesn't scare me, but nonexistence. To imagine winking out, no more tomorrows, no more thoughts, game over, and nothing left of me but decay, no soul, completely freaks me out and sends me into a panic attack.

My spiritual beliefs are rather loose. See, I'm very into science, and am often logical, and am specifically not Christian (left that religion years ago). I want to believe there's an afterlife, or some existence after death, but the logical side of my mind wants evidence.
So I'm asking for advice. I need to get over this, it haunts me like a ghost. Keeps me up at night, sends me into panic attacks, and every time the though reoccurs I have to keep mentally repeating 'shut up' to try and banish it.

Bilal Hamed

Councller (250+ posts)

Specifically, why do people believe they will continue to be a conscious being that remembers their life after they die?

One reason is psychological denial of the fact that there is no life after death. Believing in life after death is a coping mechanism to deal with the fear of death.

Another reason is that societies have strongly promoted the belief in life after death to promote more ethical behavior. If people believe that being good will get them into heaven, they are more likely to be good. Without the belief in life after death, it is much harder to "sell" the idea of ethical behaviour to the average person. This is not to suggest that societies ought to promote the belief in life after death. The belief can also be used to promote evil behaviour if people believe that evil behaviour will get them into heaven.

• The belief that something of us will be "alive" even after death, gives mental satisfaction
  • The world is full of injustice. Good people suffer the most. Believing that everyone will be tried for their deeds in this world gives people hope

So here's the details. I'm a college student. Back in about March I was in a Psyche class that then dealt with death, and the fear of it. Now, I'd thought of death in the past, like when I was younger, but I had never actually considered the idea of nonexistence, if that;s the case. As in, death doesn't scare me, but nonexistence. To imagine winking out, no more tomorrows, no more thoughts, game over, and nothing left of me but decay, no soul, completely freaks me out and sends me into a panic attack.

My spiritual beliefs are rather loose. See, I'm very into science, and am often logical, and am specifically not Christian (left that religion years ago). I want to believe there's an afterlife, or some existence after death, but the logical side of my mind wants evidence.
So I'm asking for advice. I need to get over this, it haunts me like a ghost. Keeps me up at night, sends me into panic attacks, and every time the though reoccurs I have to keep mentally repeating 'shut up' to try and banish it...

I believe in life after death because Prophet Muhammad saw informed me so.

adnan_younus

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
what is beyond the last point in the universe? and what is beyond if the smallest particle is again split into two?

There is a God that created this and God cannot be unjust that a rich man spends his life lavishly while a poor man spends with hardships yet stays calm; and both just live their life and die. They will live their life according to what God wills in their after life.

So I'm asking for advice. I need to get over this, it haunts me like a ghost. Keeps me up at night, sends me into panic attacks, and every time the though reoccurs I have to keep mentally repeating 'shut up' to try and banish it...

@
uzairm

bluebee

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
It is narrated that an atheist argued Hazrat Ali about life after death - Hazrat Ali without going into a long discussion stated to him,

let's say there is a 50% possibility that you are right and 50% that I am right - If you are right then my maximum loss will be that I

couldn't amuse myself with the leisure of the world but if I am right then are you ready for the consequences.

@
uzairm

Azaad Alfaaz

Senator (1k+ posts)
You must ask your self the only Question is there a GOD? rest all are waste questions. life after death to get people do good ??,, atheist society already got solution for that they made jails for people do bad deeds. they lock them up or put them to death.

@
uzairm

Exiled-Pakistani

Minister (2k+ posts)
Yaar tum log Hazarat Ali ko har baat me kyon daal dete ho? What you have written is called Pascales's Wager in Philosophy formulated by the famous French mathematician and philosopher. Intellectual dishonesty is not a good thing to convey a message.

It is narrated that an atheist argued Hazrat Ali about life after death - Hazrat Ali without going into a long discussion stated to him,

let's say there is a 50% possibility that you are right and 50% that I am right - If you are right then my maximum loss will be that I

couldn't amuse myself with the leisure of the world but if I am right then are you ready for the consequences.

Exiled-Pakistani

Minister (2k+ posts)
It is the hope my friend, just the hope. If you think logically, it is quite obvious that life has no purpose and no meaning. It is just an unfortunate accident. Just realizing and accepting this fact is so absolutely painful and frustrating that people would rather have hope than logic.

But logically, even if we accept the theological position of life after death to be true, the life after death would not have any meaning and purpose at all even then. It is hopeless regardless.

@
uzairm , Bilal Hamedadnan_younusbluebeeAzaad Alfaaz

Life After Death idea is common in every religion , it is not just feature of Islam, It is in Hindu , Christinity, SIkh , Jew , Budhism, Janism , and all other religion,,, Can U people answer Y every religion has concept of life after death??????By this argument all religion r true not just Islam??? as every religion has that idea.
It is bcz Religious prophet of religion can easily sell the ethical values in common people.... It is just tool to spread and used by all religion.... U can say every school all over world used black board , as this the only way they find to teach same way every religion easily got spread by using concept of life after death, they just find that way , if they have other idea they will used that concept than,, , So every prophet used that tool to spread his religion..