PTI's New Economic Team Line-Up in Pakistan

RiazHaq

Senator (1k+ posts)

Who are the members of Pakistan's top new economic leadership team? Who's Reza Baqir? Who's Shabbar Zaidi? Why were the changes necessary? Were the latest changes made to remove previous PMLN government's loyalists considered to be responsible for the current economic crisis? Did their policies and actions contribute to large twin deficits? Did the International Monetary Fund (IMF) force these changes as a condition for the country's bailout?

Pakistan%2527s%2BExternal%2BDebt.png
Pakistan's External Debt. Source: Wall Street Journal

As Pakistan awaits the news of the discovery of large offshore oil reserves, what lessons should Pakistan learn from the governance failures in Venezuela? Is Venezuela suffering because of its government's hostility toward the United States? Will large oil reserves be a panacea for Pakistan's economic problems?

Viewpoint From Overseas host Faraz Darvesh discusses these questions with Sabahat Ashraf (ifaqeer) and Riaz Haq (www.riazhaq.com)

https://www.southasiainvestor.com/2019/05/ptis-new-economic-team-line-up-in.html

Fawad Javed

Minister (2k+ posts)
I guess for next 4 years Government will keep crying that mess was made by previous governments bla bla we all know that so we have given chance to IK to turn around things but so far disappointed

Nice analysis Riaz sb. It's good to keep on reminding people of the mess that Pakistans economy has been through during last 10 years.

Nice2MU

President (40k+ posts)
فی الحال تو ہم تم لوگوں کا رونا دھونا انجوائے کر رہے ہیں۔

I guess for next 4 years Government will keep crying that mess was made by previous governments bla bla we all know that so we have given chance to IK to turn around things but so far disappointed

Assasin's

Senator (1k+ posts)
You wont agree but so far PTI has initiated the major campaign promises like health cards, naya Pakistan housing scheme and above all the introduction of new local bodies law in Punjab. Economic front they are struggling but again no government ever got the economy as worst as pti got in 2018.

GreenMaple

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
For how many years will you cry if your monthly income is one lakh rupees and your dad left a debt of 5 billion rupees that you to pay?

Fawad Javed

Minister (2k+ posts)
well if I am unable to pay it payback I will give the crown to my brother but I can't keep the crown and same time cry

don't be a patwari

For how many years will you cry if your monthly income is one lakh rupees and your dad left a debt of 5 billion rupees that you to pay?

GreenMaple

well if I am unable to pay it payback I will give the crown to my brother but I can't keep the crown and same time cry

don't be a patwari

So you will transfer your headache to your brother. He will be in the same predicament.
The cat (of debt) will not disappear by closing eyes.

Humi

Well we will continue to go to IMF again and again unless we get enough revenue by taxing the rich so hopefully thats where their next focus is.