PTCL Ruthlessly Bombards Customers with Forced Popup ADs

Aixax Shamshad

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
kia PTCL hamay muft internet service faraham kar rahi hai kay ab har site, har link khoolnay par smart tv ka ad aata hai????. :/

PTCL Ruthlessly Bombards Customers with Forced Popup ADs

PTCL is once again bombarding its DSL and EVO customers with pop-up ads injected into the websites that they visit while using PTCL’s broadband services.
PTCL users reported ProPakistani that they are left with no choice but to face brutal pop-ups causing huge frustration. And its not once in a while thing — that one can ignore — in fact they are inserting these pop-ups for every new website that customers open.
These POP-up ads — screen-grab shown below — are injected into websites that customers visit through PTCL’s DSL or EVO broadband services.

86744940-31cc-495c-98a8-37e28e066220.png

Capture.png

Capture.png

This is not the first time that PTCL is involved in this unethical and illegal activity, but authorities concerned are apparently unmoved and giving a free hand to PTCL to do whatever it wants to.
“PTCL is stealing web-properties by criminally injecting its own ads — on websites that they don’t own — for a paid broadband service. This not only hurts customers’ experience but also costs web-publishers in lost revenue, bad experience and higher bounce rates” said a digital publisher while speaking with ProPakistani. “PTCL could be sued for this, if it was any country except Pakistan”, he added.

12376157_10206983047447085_8427320167274886740_n.jpg

For some users, these pop-ad comes with no close button to shut-down the ad , leaving the customers to ultimately exit the website and do nothing on internet they have paid for.

source : http://propakistani.pk/2015/12/23/ptcl-ruthlessly-bombards-customers-with-forced-popup-ads/

Last edited by a moderator:

TigerPak

install adblock plus extention for mozilla right click on the ad and click the Adblock Plus:Block Image.. and add it to the filter. It will never show again.

Liaqat Hussain

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
All these big companies work like thugs in Pakistan...inhein koi pochne waala nahi. We need to create a team of lawyers who will take them to the court and sue them. I don't know how it's going to work but someone needs to start doing this sooner than later

indigo

Siasat.pk - Blogger
install adblock plus extention for mozilla right click on the ad and click the Adblock Plus:Block Image.. and add it to the filter. It will never show again.

dosent work. each time it is generated with a new id.

TigerPak

dosent work. each time it is generated with a new id.

Its working for me so far havent seen one since I blocked it 2 days ago.

EDIT: add the following filter in ABP filter preferences

||my.ptcl.net.pk/images/*

that should so the trick

Last edited: