Principal of Principles

gorgias

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Aitchison-new-logo.jpg

I am proud to be a member of this prestigious college.

While alleging that a former principal of the Aitchison College robbed 58 deserving candidates of their right to admission, The News’ story about the scandal mentioned the influential people, mostly PPP bigwigs whose support made it possible for the failures to get into the prestigious college. This reminded me of an incident similar in nature, in some ways. The year was 1974; the college, Edwardes College, Peshawar and the principal, R H Noble. When admissions began, the provincial education minister of that time, Raja George Sikandar Zaman, walked into the principal’s office one day and expressed his desire to get a student into the college.

As the student wasn’t eligible, the principal, explaining the college policy of adhering to merit, refused to oblige the minister. The minister, however, insisted and tried to exert his ministerial pressure. On this, the principal rose from his desk and walked out of his office saying, “Sir, you run the college, I am leaving”. The minister didn’t know what to say or do and left the principal’s office dismayed but properly served. I suppose the principals then had some principles.

Col (r) Riaz Jafri

Rawalpindi

http://www.thenews.com.pk/Todays-News-11-103995-Principals-of-principles

Last edited by a moderator:

mnmdxb

Minister (2k+ posts)
Wish,we could rewind the good times :)But hold on! better things are coming,inshAllah!!!