PMIK withdraws GIDC Ordinance, Now government would possibly have to pay 295b if lost case in SC

Hate_Nooras

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
I don't need your fatwa nor are you in a position to give fatwas.

Allah is my judge and Allah will judge me and Allah will judge you.

This is my last message to you. Because you're going to the ignore list.

Instead of condemning the obvious lie that Imran Khan is spreading about taking notice, you people attack me and my character? He gives the order himself then says on TV i am taking notice of it ie notice against himself?

And i am the problem and i am the paid brigade.

You people have no shame, no haya, no justice in yourselves. You slander me because Imran Khan did something wrong. Instead of condemning wrong, you support it.

Take your ugly deeds away from me. Go to my ignore list
You are hypocrite, you talk religion but your language is anything but. You are a troll, so stop bringing religion into it.

Inqalabi

Senator (1k+ posts)
Court decision will come against Govt. Govt. will lose 417 billion in total. Have to return 295 billion to companies.

Media Mafia won with the help of Plastic Insafians. Congratulations to them...well played

forzeb

Minister (2k+ posts)
PM took a week to understand that he did a dumb decision, but it took you years to understand that you made a dumb decision to support PTI, which makes you 100 times more dumber than the PM.

So now if dumbness is a punishable crime, then kindly suggest a punishement for it and go through 100 times more punishment than Imran khan because you were 100 times more dumber than him.
what about yourself

Husaink

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
لال پلے نیلے رنگ کا جو ملے اس کے پیچھے چل پڑو - کوئی فرق نہیں پڑتا

follow-the-leader.jpg
اور کیا تیری طرح لنگور بن جائیں

Zaidi Qasim

Lol... Just read the comments of pottyhead. They are helpless . They are trying to justify something which has been exposed and their wheeling and dealing along with person like Nadeem Baber who was behind this ordinance. Even pottyheads now start to believe that Bongi Khan is real chotiya and he doesn't use his brain . May be he fried it by using Cocaine.

DrFixit

MPA (400+ posts)
You need to be Steyn to keep burning all the time.

- PM did wrong by waiving off 50% of Tax.
- PM did wrong by taking back the Decision.

As for a genuine Person this should be.

- PM did wrong by waiving off 50% of tax.
- PM did right by correcting his mistake and taking back the decision upon Public sentiments.
It was right decision to waive of 50%, ab lagay raho aglay 10 saal court cases ma, milna kadoo nahi wapis and companies will continue to charge taxes. Stupid decision to roll back earlier decision.

Billo Rani

Senator (1k+ posts)
Intent behind the waiver and ordinance might have been correct but govt failed to build the narrative around it. With such a large amount they should have done a press conference on it, should have come on popular talk shows to explain it was being considered, should have written columns about it in print media. This should have all been done before ordinance was issued. Anyhow lesson learned hopefully for next time. It's clear opposition forces are working over time to undermine govt at every corner so they also need to think A to Z and plan each move they make.

naveed

5d6c847fb2a47.jpg

ISLAMABAD: Prime Minister Imran Khan withdrew on Wednesday the Ordinance related to the amnesty in Gas Infrastructure Development Cess (GIDC), according to a statement released from the PM’s Office.

The statement mentioned that the prime minister made the move in the interest of transparency and good governance.

The PM has also directed the Attorney General to move an application for urgent hearing in the Supreme Court, so the matter is decided according to the law and Constitution.

It is pertinent to mention that the total amount in limbo due to GIDC litigation is about Rs417 billion, from January 2012 until Dec 2018.

“An Ordinance was issued with a view to recover fifty percent of the stuck revenue by way of an out of Court settlement after consultation with the industry,” read the statement about the GIDC Ordinance which created controversy.

In the same statement, the PM also cautioned the nation that the decision could come either in favour or against it.

“However, the Prime Minister wishes to inform the nation that going to the Court carries a risk because the decision could go either way. This means that the government could get the whole amount or could lose it all and possibly forgo any prospects of future revenue collections under this head. Also on top on this, the government could be saddled with the burden of administering refunds of approximately Rs. 295 Billion of the principal amount,” it added.

The GIDC was imposed as a levy by the Pakistan Peoples’ Party (PPP) government in 2011 on gas consumers in the industrial sector. The money collected was to be used for the construction of infrastructure projects such as the Iran-Pakistan pipeline, the Turkmenistan-Afghanistan-Pakistan-India pipeline and other the Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) projects.

The PTI government waived off approximately Rs208 billion in GIDC through a presidential ordinance with effect from August 28. As per a copy of the promulgated ordinance, influential industrialists, and owners of fertilizers, CNG and Captive Power Plants, K-Electric, Gencos and Independent Power Producers (IPPs) will pay half cess of the amount collected from May 22, 2015 to December 21 2018.

RajaRawal111

So no answer just evasion. So once again, why did the Nooras give a 50% discount to Cng, why did they not solve the problem in the 5 years.
Man i actually know your mental level so i dont feel any urge to get into any meaningful conversation with you.
Telling you truth i felt sorry for your Khota on this ordeal. He knows that industry and whole ciuntry is just jammed. He walked away from the supports that pervious Govts used to give to make things run by doing dheen choon dheen choon against subsidies. He had to give some kind if stimulus to industry now. He tried and his own words echo "tery baap ka pessa hey" came back and struck hard at his face.
Hun tusi saarey (including you and your khota) coopo whatever you can grab in hand.

GreenMaple

Can the Nooras explain Why did the Nooras give 50% discount to the CNG sector?
Rajarawal111
In case the government loses cases in the SC, then it risks losing Rs. 470B, instead of Rs. 240B that it was willing to lose in out of court settlement. The moronic media anchors will then again be blaming the government for not going for out of court option. Just watch!

RajaRawal111

Intent behind the waiver and ordinance might have been correct but govt failed to build the narrative around it. With such a large amount they should have done a press conference on it, should have come on popular talk shows to explain it was being considered, should have written columns about it in print media. This should have all been done before ordinance was issued. Anyhow lesson learned hopefully for next time. It's clear opposition forces are working over time to undermine govt at every corner so they also need to think A to Z and plan each move they make.
Okay okay samajh aa gei. - - - tumhara mutlub he inhon kaam kurney se prhley achi trah dug duggi nhenn bjaai.
Pehley baandr nchtey phir kaam kurtey to theek hota.

Hate_Nooras

Man i actually know your mental level so i dont feel any urge to get into any meaningful conversation with you.
Telling you truth i felt sorry for your Khota on this ordeal. He knows that industry and whole ciuntry is just jammed. He walked away from the supports that pervious Govts used to give to make things run by doing dheen choon dheen choon against subsidies. He had to give some kind if stimulus to industry now. He tried and his own words echo "tery baap ka pessa hey" came back and struck hard at his face.
Hun tusi saarey (including you and your khota) coopo whatever you can grab in hand.
So a supporter of thugs and crooks that don't have properties abroad never mind pakistan lol, a supporter of people that killed people in broad daylight including pregnant women is calling me khota, if only you knew what irony was.
We know your debating level- find an article on the News and other lifafas on twitter and then create a thread. But when Maryam was found to have a crore undeclared shares, you disappear and go awol.
As far as giving the 50% discount, it's halal for you but no audit was done, just like with circular debt. Maybe you need to ask the Nooras why they did this and why in the 5 years nothing was done to get the money back. But off course we know why, they were waiting the Kaptaan to take the tough decisions because just the like with the BOP crisis, they had no policy.