Overseas Pakistanis aren't very happy about ridiculous policy on mobile phones

Competent

Minister (2k+ posts)
When tyranny becomes the law then rebellion becomes a duty.

At least that is how democracy works. You people should wake the heck up before it's too late. This country belongs to it's People and NOT government. Everything government has is given to them by us.
so govt has full right to put due taxes based on current situation.

newday

Councller (250+ posts)
I think if there is a counter at the airports for phone registration that will ease the trouble for passengers.
No one mind paying taxes or charges if they are legal, but the hassle to waste a whole going from one place to another while you only have 10 days to stay here.

Haristotle

Minister (2k+ posts)
So how much is the tax on an old phone. How much is the hassle to pay that on the airport and how nicely are the poor customers (foreign Pakistani) are treated at those counters.

protek

MPA (400+ posts)
اب کیا سارا پاکستان بیرون ملک پاکستانیوں کے نام پرلکھ دیں ۔۔ قانون پر چلو جیسے ملک کا قانون کہتا ہے اور جیسے تم سب بیرون ملک
اس ملک کے قانون پر چلتے ہو
تو پھر حکومت کو بھی بیرون ملک کے لوگوں کے بھیجے گئے سرمائے پر انکو مارجن منافع دینا چاھئیے کیونکہ یہ بھی انوسٹمنٹ ھے زرمبادلہ آتا ھے جسکو گورنمنٹ اپنے زرمبادلہ کے زخائر کے طور پر لیتی ہے ۔
اس پر گورنمنٹ کی کوئ قانون نہین بنائے گی کیونکہ اس سے اپنی جیب ڈھیلی کرنی پڑے گی ۔
اور یہ قانون قانون کی کیا بات کی ہے کہ اس ملک کے قانون پر چلو کوئ ملک تو بتاو ترقی یافتہ جہاں پر یہ قانون ھو۔۔
۔اور سہولت تو کیا دینی اورسیز کو الٹا ائرپورٹ سے پاکستانی قانون کے رکھوالے اور عوام انکو لوٹنا شروع کر دیتی ہے مختلف حربوں سے۔

باتیں چودنا پاکستانیوں کو بڑا آتا ہے بس

Cape Kahloon

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Ne bhai yeh ne challay ga.
Main be overseas Pakistani hoon oor I agreed with this policy.
1 - sub overseas Pakistani remittances ne bhejhtay specially jo families kay sath rehtay han serif woh behjtay hain Jin ke families Pakistan main hain ya keese ke help kay leay khbi khbi kuch bhejh detay hain.
2- main bohot saray logon ko janta hoon jo
mobile phone ka business kertay hain woh 4 - 5 phone latay hain oor Pakistan main bhech detay hain oor kuch phons la ker Pakistan main bhectay hain oor khatay hain karaya/ airfare ya khrcha nikl aata ha.
Thora sa pain lain oor policies ko follow karain.

Londonguy

Senator (1k+ posts)
When I watch Pak channels.
I see so many ads for phones.
Yet there is is still a "demand" for phones from relatives from abroad ?

Are the phones sold in Pakistan so crap...... If so why ?

Are only second class things sold in Pakistan ??

Seems to me that there was a loophole in the system which has been filled.

IE It was cheaper for your relative to bring you a phone from abroad than it was for him to buy you one from Pakistan ?

SLAVE mentality MAYBE that somehow what is sold in Pakistan is inferior to that your relatives can take to Pakistan from abroad.......

Last edited:

Water

Councller (250+ posts)
Brother duties are same as they used to be on bringing phones from outside but log rishwat de ker nikal lete thay ya waisay he sometimes luckily nikal aataya thay without checking.

Now they have just implemented technology to stop that smuggling - so Sprite pio aur apni Aqal laraooo
Kabi ja k dwko to sahi..computers unke down hote hain..baat vo nai sunte..khali faida photocopiers ko pohunchta hae
Pak mae modern technology use karna Azaab sce Kim nahi..ya u can happily watch drama n films..that's what they call it upgradation.

Nice2MU

President (40k+ posts)
so if you are staying in Pakistan more than a month

whats the deal then? over a month you have to pay taxes

I visit pakistan often and usually more than a month

it is stupid to say the least

Tax is once not every time.

1st understand the policy then yelling.

Salman Mughal

Minister (2k+ posts)
Kabi ja k dwko to sahi..computers unke down hote hain..baat vo nai sunte..khali faida photocopiers ko pohunchta hae
Pak mae modern technology use karna Azaab sce Kim nahi..ya u can happily watch drama n films..that's what they call it upgradation.

Yes that need to be fixed - Aur Pakistan ke liye thora bardhast toh kerna padey gha and these things will be fixed for sure - Bahar be toh itna kuch bardhast kerte hain so apnay Country ke liye kiu nahi.

Beside this for such issue you can lodge your complain and suggestion on citizen Portal -

OSP

MPA (400+ posts)
Totally agree with this guy. It is a stupid and useless exercise by joker Hamad Azhar. Especially when these phones are already paid outside Pakistan and put zero negative effect on Pakistan's foreign exchange reserves.

Meanwhile, no crackdown or taxes on property investors.
No tax on wholesale traders sitting in every city of Pakistan
No tax on feudal-lords who owns 100s of acres of land and don't pay shit.
No tax on Sabzi Mandi AARTEEZ who daily loot millions from small farmers and buyers.
No tax on Skilled labor who is making much more income than salaried calss
No tax on Pakistani bankers who make money even when economy is in decline.
No tax on DHAs, Bahriaz and other corrupt private societies like B-17, Paragon, Eden etc. etc.
No tax on transporters income in Pakistan
No tax on Lawyers income in Pakistan

There is tax on everything u mentioned but ur daddies of ppp n pmln made this system so weak n corrupt that nobody wants to pay now lol.
As far as tax on cell phone, if u r taking fone for ur own use then there is no tax, tax is on extra fone. This tax will curb fone smuggling. Try bringing an extra fone to USA n u will see, try bringing cigarettes, yeh sab choro try bringing a box of mithayi n u will see wat happens to u at customs lol.
Yahan to entry k liye apni pant bhi utaar dete ho bus Pakistan mein extra fone per tax detey huey moat parti hay. If u r rich enough to bring extra fones, u r rich enough to pay tax on it

OSP

MPA (400+ posts)
It is unnecessary and evil when you don't have balls to collect from those who pay zero income tax in Pakistan. Rather you want to squeeze from those who send $19 billion every years to keep this bankrupt economy alive.

If remittances were not coming, Pakistan would go bankrupt in days.

What kind of jahil, non-compassionate, idiotic and morally bankrupt nation would collect tax on someone's personal gift. What a useless nation!

In US, I order stuff from China all the time. I ask sender to mark it as gift. Not a single time US custom charged me a single penny because it's a gift.

I dont know where in USA u live. I ordered ladies hand bag from China n it was held by customs until i paid custom duty. But if ur cheating is working good for u

HSiddiqui

This should not be an issue at all, and people do understand this. I am an oversea Pakistani, I use to carry 2 phones, but now I will carry 2 sims, no big deal. We have to understand there is an illegal business called KHAIP in Pakistan, and all those who are crying for this restriction are KHAPIAS bringing phones to sell. There has to be some restriction and we have to abide law if we want to survive as a nation. KAPIAS have caused huge damages to legal importers and definitely a loss in revenue to Pakistan. This has to be stopped.

disgusted

A very large number of expats will also be happy. Requests for gifts of the latest mobile phones will also decline